DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Hot Fuzz 2-disc exclusive at Wal-Mart

Old 08-16-07, 03:09 PM

Out of stock again

Wal-Mart's web site is now listing both wide and full screen 2-packs as "temporarily out of stock online."
Old 08-16-07, 03:36 PM

Bought the widescrren online and the full screen in store. Went back to Walmart and returned the full screen as I didn't expect this to be online. Worked out great except for way too many trips to Walmart.
Old 08-16-07, 03:40 PM

Got mine in the mail today.
Old 08-16-07, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Just as I was getting ready to make my phone calls for today, I got the shipping notice.
Old 08-16-07, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I finally received the shipping notice as well...
Old 08-16-07, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by zombeaner
Just as I was getting ready to make my phone calls for today, I got the shipping notice.
BTW, that makes only 13 days from initial order to shipment, fantastic service!
Old 08-17-07, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I got a shipping notice yesterday, too. I ordered last Saturday, so only 5 days for me....
Old 08-18-07, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by zombeaner
BTW, that makes only 13 days from initial order to shipment, fantastic service!
Cheer up, you've got "just" one more week to go while it ships to you.
Old 08-18-07, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Seems like everyone's had a better experience than me with this one. I ordered the fullscreen two pack online because the WS was sold out at the end of July when I did it, and I didn't expect them to restock when I placed my order from the way people were talking about it. I hope I'll be able to trade the movie itself for a WS copy in store since it is supposed to be individually sealed. I placed the order July 26th, and I didn't even get a shipping notice until just a day or two ago, and in between the time I waited, the WS two pack went back online and is apparently not too hard to attain now. Ah well. At least I got a bonus disc. All the actual stores were sold out even of the fullscreen version.
Old 08-23-07, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Got mine in the mail today. Question: I have the R2 on order and am getting it at a decent price ($12) but it looks like the only thing I'll be getting that this doesn't have are the 3 commentaries. Is it worth picking up the R2 disc for those commentaries? I remember reading one of the tracks is fairly dull but the other commentary with Wright and Pegg is good.
Old 08-23-07, 03:48 PM

I had my WS 2-pack shipped on the 7th.. and its just been sitting at the Post Office since the 13th. And the PO says they don't have anything (which may be why they haven't delivered it) .
Old 08-23-07, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Got mine in the mail today. Question: I have the R2 on order and am getting it at a decent price ($12) but it looks like the only thing I'll be getting that this doesn't have are the 3 commentaries. Is it worth picking up the R2 disc for those commentaries? I remember reading one of the tracks is fairly dull but the other commentary with Wright and Pegg is good.
I guess it's all a matter of what you're interested in. The R2 release contains 4 commentaries. The first one (with Wright and Pegg) is good and is the only one found on the R1 standard def DVD. The second features Pegg, Frost, and some of the other actors who play the Sandford Police Dept. It's a good and funny chat as well. The third features some of the older actors (Dalton, Woodward, Freeman, and Cranham). Some may find this dull, but I liked it. It depends really. If you're interested in older, Shakespearean-trained thespians and the stories they have to tell such as their travels, their experiences with other famous actors and on the stage, then you may like it as well. It does have its moments (Dalton is rather enthusiastic toward the gorier scenes) and I liked their anecdotes about being confused for other celebrities. The final one is by two actual members of the police who work in small towns and they comment on actual police procedure, how a small town setting affects their work, and the inaccuracies depicted in the film. Still, if you find that subject matter interesting, you may like it.

Otherwise, it's up to you. I don't know if the three are really worth it, it depends on how much of a completist you are.
Old 08-23-07, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rizor
Otherwise, it's up to you. I don't know if the three are really worth it, it depends on how much of a completist you are.
Thanks Rizor. I'm a semi-completist but I think I'll ultimately cancel the order. I like listening to commentaries but only a select few get another go around.
Old 08-23-07, 06:41 PM

I received my set Tuesday. I half expected Walmart to screw up and send me the fullscreen edition, but they got it right. I kept both sets of cover art and put it all in a two-disc case.
Old 08-23-07, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by billz
I received my set Tuesday. I half expected Walmart to screw up and send me the fullscreen edition, but they got it right. I kept both sets of cover art and put it all in a two-disc case.
That's what I did as well. And I too almost expected they'd send the FS version instead... I already imagined the hassle I'd have to go through to get it exchanged.
Old 08-26-07, 12:51 PM

Hi. I just got my WS copy today.. I was just wondering if the movie itself has a security sticker with the name of the title ontop of the DVD case? Did the individual volumes w/o the bonus DVD have this security sticker?
Thanks
Old 08-27-07, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

A nasty by-product of my search for the WS 2-disc (before it was available online). In my fervent search to find the set in the outer reaches of St Louis, I was photographed going through a red light. Got a ticket in the mail last week. I'm sure Sgt Angel wouldn't approve.
Old 08-27-07, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by johnsun
Hi. I just got my WS copy today.. I was just wondering if the movie itself has a security sticker with the name of the title ontop of the DVD case? Did the individual volumes w/o the bonus DVD have this security sticker?
Thanks
Yes and Yes, I think.

There is a sticker covering the bar code however.