DVDPlanet B1G1Free Sale on Anchor Bay Boxsets

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

DVDPlanet B1G1Free Sale on Anchor Bay Boxsets

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-07, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got my Dawn of the Dead box set and Evil Dead 1/2 book of necronomicon sets on friday. Amazing deal considering I only paid 23 dollars. I cant thank the OP enough for posting this thread.
Old 02-26-07, 04:10 PM

Got my replacement Ghost in the Shell today which came with all 7 volumes this time. How long do you think I have before I send the incorrect package back?
Old 02-27-07, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Raw_and_Vital
Just got my Dawn of the Dead box set and Evil Dead 1/2 book of necronomicon sets on friday. Amazing deal considering I only paid 23 dollars. I cant thank the OP enough for posting this thread.
I ordered the same thing you did, on February 8th. When did you place your order? I still haven't received my stuff yet.
Old 02-27-07, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Shap
I ordered the same thing you did, on February 8th. When did you place your order? I still haven't received my stuff yet.
I placed my order on the 8th. I was also getting a little iffy too thinking my order got lost or something, But it came this past friday. Yours should come any day now. The dawn of the dead box set is an amazing set. you'll be happy with the purchase.
Old 02-27-07, 01:29 PM

Anyone order 3rd Rock From The Sun Season 1? I ordered all 6 seasons and they have Season 1 on the list but I just got an email saying it's no longer available. It was a free title so I'm now losing out on getting a free title but if it's OOP why do they still have it as part of the promo? Seems kind of sneaky.
Old 02-27-07, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by OwlAtHome
Anyone order 3rd Rock From The Sun Season 1? I ordered all 6 seasons and they have Season 1 on the list but I just got an email saying it's no longer available. It was a free title so I'm now losing out on getting a free title but if it's OOP why do they still have it as part of the promo? Seems kind of sneaky.

I had the same problem. It was a free title for me on one of the order. Does this mean you lose the money on it? At DDD, if one of the title in the order is discontinued, they will adjust the order price to allow for this. Not sure if DVDPlanet will allow this. However, seeing it is their fault for listing a title in stock and then emailing me later after the fact the one of the title is currently not available.

Mr. Mark from DVDPlanet, if you are reading, please attend to this problem at your website.
Old 02-27-07, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat
I had the same problem. It was a free title for me on one of the order. Does this mean you lose the money on it? At DDD, if one of the title in the order is discontinued, they will adjust the order price to allow for this. Not sure if DVDPlanet will allow this. However, seeing it is their fault for listing a title in stock and then emailing me later after the fact the one of the title is currently not available.

Mr. Mark from DVDPlanet, if you are reading, please attend to this problem at your website.
Your not losing money but the average goes down. If I had just purchased Season 1 and another set and season 1 was free and they cancelled it then I'm still paying the same price but now for only one set. I'm thinking about sending an email to CS to see if they'll let me choose another $17.95 set for free to make up for the one they cancelled due to their error.
Old 02-27-07, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by OwlAtHome
Your not losing money but the average goes down. If I had just purchased Season 1 and another set and season 1 was free and they cancelled it then I'm still paying the same price but now for only one set. I'm thinking about sending an email to CS to see if they'll let me choose another $17.95 set for free to make up for the one they cancelled due to their error.

The only reason I am even buying the stuff is it is b1g1 free. but let's be honest here, there is no free item. b1g1 free is just a sales gimmick for saying we will sell you the item at 50% of the current price if you chose another item of the same price to buy at 50% off the current price. I placed an order for two items totalling $24. Now the so called free item is being cancelled after the fact by them due to an error on their part and I am being charge $24 for one item only then yes I am losing money since they were suppose to sell it for me for $12 in the first place. I sent them an email and have not heard from them on what they will do. However, when I bought two items at DDD for 18 dollars and one of the item then turned out to be discontinued, they charged me only 9$ for the remaining available item which I think is what DVDPlanet should do.
Old 10-13-07, 05:39 PM

i AGREE

Last edited by hydr0p0nic; 10-13-07 at 05:40 PM. Reason: WRONG THREAD
Old 10-14-07, 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by hydr0p0nic
i AGREE
Wow, thanks. Totally thought this sale was ongoing. At least I get to keep my paycheck now...
Old 10-14-07, 03:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Dvdplanet seems to cancel at least one of my items per every order. I haven't been able to use those damn coupons because of it. I really wish they'd start letting you substitute items instead of just saying, "oops, sorry, doesn't qualify now."
Old 10-14-07, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 123 Likes on 67 Posts
Ouch, saw this post. Saw Anchor Bay, new its october, planned to drop a lot of money. And then i realized it was old. Thank god
Old 10-14-07, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Talk about bringing back the dead. The "revival" of this thread scared the shit out of my wallet.