DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

DVDPlanet B1G1Free Sale on Anchor Bay Boxsets

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-07, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup, that was it.
Old 02-12-07, 11:57 AM

look at that: the Herzog/Kinksi is back in stock but the evil dead 2 pack is not

sdlkjnfsadljfdslkfdsj;kfdasj;sadfj;sdaljdsfa;ljfa;lfdsjal;kfsajlsadffslak !!!!!!!!!!!

it's a conspiarcy, I tell you!!
Old 02-12-07, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

guys....please gimme your tricks to use the $10 thingy via google checkout...i can't get it to work and i just get the same annoying error message.
Old 02-12-07, 04:48 PM

Sorry if this is a stupid question but it's my first time using dvdplanet (first time with gco aswell.) I placed some orders on friday with the 10$ bonus on my and my families accounts. I payed $6 for the 2day ups shipping on all orders. I found where I can check the status of the orders but they all just say "In Progress."

First question is, should it say something more? Should'nt it have shipped on saturday and maybe get here today or tomorrow? If so, how come the status hasn't changed. If UPS doesn't deliver on Saturday then maybe I am just being impatient but I keep getting worried when I don't see any changes on the status and none of the emails have gotten shipping letters or anything.

Thanks for the help guys!
Shane
Old 02-12-07, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Shane, I've been finding dvdplanet's status is slow to update. Just last week, my status said "In progress", but I received the DVD the next day so it must have shipped earlier. In fact, I received the "your order has shipped" e-mail AFTER I had received the package.

DVD Planet has been slow to get things out for me, so I wouldn't be surprised, though, if your order didn't go out the next day.
Old 02-12-07, 05:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, Evil Dead 1 + 2 and the Herzog/Kinski set were finally both in stock at the same time. Picked 'em for $23.59.
Old 02-12-07, 06:32 PM

I think this google checkout is some elaborate practical joke; when I click on the "google checkout' button it just reloads to cart as if I only refreshed the page.
45 min later, Im giving up on this purchase
Old 02-12-07, 09:53 PM

I have to agree that dvdplanet's status is slow to update. I had ordered two seasons of Highlander for my dad as a b-day gift which were said to be in stock. I assumed it would ship soon, but another day came and it didn't and after a few days I just checked and now it says it's back ordered. Agh! Here I thought I was going to get it before this Friday but I'm not so sure now. I'm debating on whether to cancel or just wait, but they already charged me. *sighs* I would hope they would fix their system so everything is up to day.
Old 02-13-07, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by The Reaper
Wow, Evil Dead 1 + 2 and the Herzog/Kinski set were finally both in stock at the same time. Picked 'em for $23.59.

man...i want to get the Herzog/Kinski set too but i can't figure out how to make the google $10 offer work...what did u do?
Old 02-13-07, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by The Reaper
I just caught them both in stock about 20 minutes ago and got them as well. Finally! I don't understand why they kept flip-flopping, but at least I finally got them...
Old 02-13-07, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by animatedude
man...i want to get the Herzog/Kinski set too but i can't figure out how to make the google $10 offer work...what did u do?
Just sign up for a new account...
Old 02-14-07, 05:50 PM

I got:
Alec Guinness Collection
Peter Sellers Collection
$25.95 shipped w/GCO
Old 02-14-07, 06:55 PM

How the heck do you manage free shipping and the $10 off at google checkout? I kept getting standard shipping and now I get the $10 off but it's not in the final price! Frustrated!
Old 02-14-07, 07:15 PM

So you can keep getting the $10 if you use different email addresses and the same credit card?
Old 02-14-07, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by thursdaynighter
How the heck do you manage free shipping and the $10 off at google checkout? I kept getting standard shipping and now I get the $10 off but it's not in the final price! Frustrated!
Shipping is only free when $25 plus, otherwise it is $1. You need to use the drop-down arrow to select the FREE or $1 shipping. It usually defaults higher...
Old 02-14-07, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

FYI - Roseanne 6th season is back in stock.
Old 02-14-07, 08:43 PM

The order was over $25 (even with the discount)...using the drop down box for free shipping does nothing...I've tried reloading the pare, closing the browser and coming back, nothing works
Old 02-18-07, 08:39 PM

I've been monitoring the Evil Dead/Herzog/Kinski package for the last 3 days and can't get them both at the same time. Approximately what time were you guys finding them available at the same time?
Old 02-18-07, 10:13 PM

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts
Originally Posted by Rendle
I've been monitoring the Evil Dead/Herzog/Kinski package for the last 3 days and can't get them both at the same time. Approximately what time were you guys finding them available at the same time?
I have been getting tired of not finding these two in stock at the same time for over four days now. So I ended up placing two different orders with one of each of these in each order. Can definitely offload the others for a profit.

Having said that, do this. Place the two titles in your cart (even if out of stock) and save your cart as a bookmark. Every now and then, launch that page through your bookmark. I found that even if the titles are being shown out of stock on the listing page, occasionally, the cart page shows them to be in stock and GCO will be enabled. I tested this out with the Evil Dead titles and Herzog/Kinski sets. My cart showed them to be in stock but when I went to the listing page from there, they would list them as OOS and that status would carry over to your cart if added from the listing page.

Good Luck !!

Last edited by laidbacklarkin; 02-18-07 at 10:30 PM.
Old 02-19-07, 12:01 AM

i ordered about a week or a week and a half ago. how long has it taken for you guys to recieve your dvd's?

thanks...
Old 02-19-07, 12:26 AM

I actually had the same thing with the 2 items in the cart and the page bookmarked. I gave up tonight too and just ended up getting the 2nd Evil Dead movie(already had the first) and then also picked up the Sleepaway set which had cool packaging. $10 for all that was a pretty nice deal. I found this DVD forum a week ago and it's ridiculous how much I've spent already, despite the great deals I've found.
Old 02-19-07, 04:06 PM

Friday, I received Highlander Seasons 1-6 and Highlander: Raven. I was supposed to get the Neon Genesis Movie Pack, but they sent me a used copy of volume 5 of the tv series instead. Also, some of the Highlander sets were beat up (the later seasons). Today, via UPS, I received the Herzog/Kinski set, Evil Dead Double Book, Sledgehammer S2, TV 3 Pack and Three's Company S3. All of these were in pretty good condition.
Old 02-19-07, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Rendle
I actually had the same thing with the 2 items in the cart and the page bookmarked. I gave up tonight too and just ended up getting the 2nd Evil Dead movie(already had the first) and then also picked up the Sleepaway set which had cool packaging. $10 for all that was a pretty nice deal. I found this DVD forum a week ago and it's ridiculous how much I've spent already, despite the great deals I've found.
Welcome to the forum; the spending only gets worse.

I ordered my sets on Feb 8th and nothing has arrived yet. I'm hoping they'll be waiting in the mail after work tomorrow.
Old 02-20-07, 04:30 PM

I received The Greatest Ameican Hero and the complete first season of Ghost in a Shell today nine days after I ordered it. Problem was there was a small dent in the Hero tin and the Ghost in the Shell set came with 2 Volume 3's and 0 Volume 4's. I called DVD planet and they're gonna send me a new copy of Ghost in a Shell but the address on the email wasn't correct so who knows?
Old 02-20-07, 05:08 PM

In all I ordered roseanne 1-5, 3rd rock from the sun 1-5, and xena 1-2.

I payed the 2 day shipping (6 bucks) for each order and I ended up getting them all in about 4 days.

No problems except 3rd rock from the sun season 1 is demolished. It has multiple TEARS and bends and the bottom is ripped about an inch. There is a target sticker on the back as well. On season 3, the talk box thing doesn't work but I don't really care about that.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.