Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

X-Files Season sets - $24.97 each - Amazon.com

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-06, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Zwerchfell
I can't disagree with the faster shipping but I never had any issues with the quality of the DVD packaging etc and I order a lot from DDD. Maybe I was just lucky.
The free shipping being MEDIA MAIL means its longer in the system which can lead to trouble (dents/loose discs/cracks in packaging, and there is the fact that they only use craft paper to cushion the dvds in the boxes...

I really prefer AMAZON's use of shrinkwrapping the order to a piece of cardboard and then glueing that cardboard to the box to secure everything.

Just my experience from both Retailers. DDD is great, I just wish they would do something about the packaging of orders. That's all.
Old 06-17-06, 11:17 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by John*D
I really prefer AMAZON's use of shrinkwrapping the order to a piece of cardboard and then glueing that cardboard to the box to secure everything.

Just my experience from both Retailers. DDD is great, I just wish they would do something about the packaging of orders. That's all.
Amazon doesn't do this all the time. I've had packages where all they did was put that air cushion stuff on top, letting the DVDs slide from side to side.
Old 06-18-06, 12:06 AM

Amazon Prices on X-files Doesn't BeatDDD Sale

DDD sale comes to 22.28 each thinpack vs 24.97 for Amazon thats 2.69 each your saving by buying them @ DDD.
Old 06-18-06, 02:12 PM

Angel series
I'm waiting for a mega set for Angel.
I see a UK version of it on EBay.
Old 06-18-06, 08:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by THX7966
Amazon doesn't do this all the time. I've had packages where all they did was put that air cushion stuff on top, letting the DVDs slide from side to side.
Ever package I get from Amazon is packaged different. As of late it hasn't been good. Even the box sizes have been way off. Got a few cds and it was in this huge box with only air cushions!