Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Almost Famous Bootleg Cut Director's Edition 8.99 at Borders OOP hurry!

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Almost Famous Bootleg Cut Director's Edition 8.99 at Borders OOP hurry!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-05, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you Cameron!

I picked up my copy in Chicago - Evergreen Park Borders - for 8.99 and they let me use the 30% coupon on it as well. The video clerk was "aw man - I wanted this movie". Is it really 8.99 (after checking to see that the price was on the system and not for the 1-disc dvd).

Final price -$6.86

Thanks for the DVD Talk Bargains Forum!!!

Happy Holidays to you all!
Old 12-16-05, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Almost Famous Untitled Director's Cut for UNDER $7.00?

Thought I'd never see the day. Congrats to all those that nailed down the deal!

Last edited by gryffinmaster; 12-16-05 at 08:15 PM.
Old 12-16-05, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Many thanks OP. Picked mine up today, didn't even get a hassle from the cashier. I just asked her to scan it before she rang me up because i thought it should be on clearance and she was like "yep, on sale for $8.99".
Old 12-16-05, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

BAH!!! Only one store in my whole area had it (according to the website inventory), so I reserved it for store pickup.... only to get an e-mail a short time later saying it was out of stock! Wonder what clerk it went home with instead of me!!
Old 12-16-05, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Jengaship
Arrgh Stonestown Borders in SF said they had it in stock so I ran down there, but no dice, someone must have got to it this morning (what kind of jerk gets up before noon on a weekday!?!) But I did score Mellennium edition Re-Animator with that 30% coupon for 11 bucks So I'm not too bummed.
I have had trouble finding in stock DVD's at my local Borders, but if the local computer says they have it, they are often misfiled. I found every one of several missing ones by looking in every category. I know this is anal, but it has worked for me more than once. Online still says that Stonestown has it. So, you waste a couple of minutes...
Old 12-16-05, 11:20 PM
Cool New Member

I called up the Borders at Stonestown on Wed, put it on hold, and picked it up Thursday afternoon. The girl I talked to said there was only one copy. Sorry everyone else who went there.
Old 12-17-05, 12:20 AM

I do not have a border store anywhere near me (the nearest one is Tulsa, OK and it is 130 miles from my house). I am a serious DVD collector (if you are familiar with DVD-Profiler you may know me as Deadman36g).

If some one who got an extra copy could e-mail me at [email protected] I would like to discuss a little buissness with you.
Old 12-17-05, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^well sorry to break it to you but I am in Tulsa, and got the only copy across both stores.

Glad alot of people got in on this.
Old 12-17-05, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

For those of you who really want this DVD, but don't have a Borders near you or the one near you doesn't have it in stock, don't forget about my post from the first page of this thread:

Would you care for a tip (that is if you don't already know about it)?

-Go to:

http://www.bordersstores.com/locator/locator.jsp?tt=gn

-Then pick an area. When it brings up the list of stores, pick up to six of them and click add.

-Then over on the right, click on SEARCH STORE INVENTORY.

-On the next page, on the left, search for Almost Famous in movies (or anything else you want).

-Then click on the Bootleg Cut Director's Edition from the list that comes up.

-Over on the right in the Store Availability, it will tell you which stores have it in stock.

Call them to hold it for you for up to three days, or place the order over the phone. Keep in mind that you can not use the coupon over the phone.

I hope this helps some of you guys.
Old 12-17-05, 01:52 AM
Suspended

Thanks to the original poster!!!!! I got mine today and used 30% off coupon and paid about $6 and some changes. Thanks again
Old 12-17-05, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm having trouble finding the 30% coupon. Help anybody?
Old 12-17-05, 05:27 AM
Banned

First post of this thread:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=447253
Old 12-17-05, 05:50 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by BrentLumkin
For those of you who really want this DVD, but don't have a Borders near you or the one near you doesn't have it in stock, don't forget about my post from the first page of this thread:

Would you care for a tip (that is if you don't already know about it)?

-Go to:

http://www.bordersstores.com/locator/locator.jsp?tt=gn

-Then pick an area. When it brings up the list of stores, pick up to six of them and click add.

-Then over on the right, click on SEARCH STORE INVENTORY.

-On the next page, on the left, search for Almost Famous in movies (or anything else you want).

-Then click on the Bootleg Cut Director's Edition from the list that comes up.

-Over on the right in the Store Availability, it will tell you which stores have it in stock.

Call them to hold it for you for up to three days, or place the order over the phone. Keep in mind that you can not use the coupon over the phone.

I hope this helps some of you guys.
So, are you saying that they will ship it to us from the actual store or what exactly do you mean? That would be pretty cool. I can't see myself driving along way just to pick up this movie. It's a shame that there are no border stores here in alabama. thanks
Old 12-17-05, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tacos
So, are you saying that they will ship it to us from the actual store or what exactly do you mean? That would be pretty cool. I can't see myself driving along way just to pick up this movie. It's a shame that there are no border stores here in alabama. thanks
No, they won't ship to you. BrentLumkin is suggesting an alternative from driving from store to store in seach of the DVD. The Borders site allows you to check inventory in their B&M stores.
Old 12-17-05, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Actually, Borders stores will ship directly to your house. You just have to pay a small shipping charge on top of the price + tax. I've gotten a couple OOP titles this way by checking stock at stores across the country using bordersstores.com. I'd then call them up, verify stock, and then explain the issue of me being hundreds of miles away. I think it's like $3.95-5.95 shipping, and they ship FedEX.

I'm planning to hit up one of my local Borders that claims to have this tomorrow, and see if I can't score it for the same price.
Old 12-17-05, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TimeandTide
No, they won't ship to you. BrentLumkin is suggesting an alternative from driving from store to store in seach of the DVD. The Borders site allows you to check inventory in their B&M stores.
As Shagrath said, I actually do mean they will ship it to you straight from the store. Shipping is $3.50-$4.50, which is still fine for this DVD, if you ask me. I'm pretty sure all normal Borders stores do this.
Old 12-17-05, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dx23
Thanks! I did a search and found a bunch of topics listing code that had expired. I guess I missed that one.
Old 12-17-05, 06:02 PM

someone is not talking in the north OC area. There were 2 borders that listed this in stock in store, but when i got to the store they were not to be found. I checked the locked section, comedy and drama sections
Old 12-17-05, 06:45 PM

Ok, guys here is what I have accomplished. I have literally called over 20 borders stores around the nation (all of which said that had this in stock on there website) but they were sold out. But at the end of the day I did have a little bit of luck.

I was able to reach a store that was out of stock but said they could order the DVD for me and it would be available in about 2-4 weeks. He said the price the computer shows is 33.99 but he aware of the 8.99 price and he thinks that it should still be in effect then.

He says he will put this on Special Order for me, so I guess that means when it does get in stock that no one else can purchase it, (I sure hope so), they will call me back and work out the details about having it shipped to me.
Old 12-18-05, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I know you can't order this online, but how do you order anything online at Borders? Doesn't it just re-direct you to Amazon.com?
Old 12-18-05, 02:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It's just like toysrus.com, that's all.
Old 12-18-05, 03:18 AM

The closest one I found was 110 miles away, and I was actually tempted to make the drive. I hadn't realized the bootleg version was out of print, and now I *need* it!

If anyone happened to have picked up an extra copy, I'll pay triple your cost...
Old 12-18-05, 10:03 AM

does this dvd come with a slipcover? i found 2 used copies at a video store but both didn't have any slipcover that holds the digipack case.
Old 12-18-05, 10:50 AM

No slipcover on mine.
Old 12-18-05, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No, it wasn't made with a slipcover. It just folds out. E. T. (2 Disc) and several other such releases don't come with slipcovers. Almost no WWE Wrestling multi Disc releases in the digipack cases come with any kind of cover.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.