Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Almost Famous Bootleg Cut Director's Edition 8.99 at Borders OOP hurry!

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Almost Famous Bootleg Cut Director's Edition 8.99 at Borders OOP hurry!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-05, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I called a couple local stores today that said they had it in stock. The first one couldn't find it, and the second actually had one, and held it for me. I went in, asked the clerk to scan it first and she was like "Wow! $9.56." Thanks a lot, OP! My wife's got another XMas present now.
Old 12-18-05, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by stonecountry
No, it wasn't made with a slipcover. It just folds out. E. T. (2 Disc) and several other such releases don't come with slipcovers. Almost no WWE Wrestling multi Disc releases in the digipack cases come with any kind of cover.
The Almost Famous w/ no slipcover looks terrific. It's a great set - and one that looks to be dissapearing from Borders everywhere.

Other sets, like Meet Joe Black UE looks great w/o a slipcover. Aside from the point, but am I the only one that finds it strange that E.T. has absolutely NOTHING written on the spine of the LE?
Old 12-18-05, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gryffinmaster
The Almost Famous w/ no slipcover looks terrific. It's a great set - and one that looks to be dissapearing from Borders everywhere.

Other sets, like Meet Joe Black UE looks great w/o a slipcover. Aside from the point, but am I the only one that finds it strange that E.T. has absolutely NOTHING written on the spine of the LE?

Meet Joe Black Ultimate Edition has been Out Of Print forever, but it's been only $9.99 at FYE all year long, and they keep restocking it.
Old 12-18-05, 01:33 PM

stonecountry,

What the guy told me, was that, his computer is showing that it is in stock in their warehouse so he has ordered it for me, (I am keeping my fingers crossed this works). He said the price it shows is 33.99 but he is aware that most borders are indeed selling it for 8.99 and I should be able to get it for that if he can get a copy in.

I just hope this dude knows what he is talking about and want trying to rush me off the phone.
Old 12-18-05, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I put one on hold, got the e-mail stating that it was waiting for me and sure enough I get there and they didn't even have the damn thing. Merry XMAS to the employee that put it on "hold"!
Old 12-18-05, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Does anyone know how to get these Borders coupons thru your e-mail whenever they have a deal? Can you sign up somewhere and get the coupons sent to you or something?
Old 12-18-05, 06:34 PM
Banned

You can suscribe on the follwing link:
http://reg.cheetahmail.com/regp?aid=266588556&n=100
Old 12-19-05, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by stonecountry
Does anyone know how to get these Borders coupons thru your e-mail whenever they have a deal? Can you sign up somewhere and get the coupons sent to you or something?
You can't use coupons over the phone, if that's what you are thinking.
Old 12-19-05, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BrentLumkin
You can't use coupons over the phone, if that's what you are thinking.
I just tried it yesterday with one of them since the coupon's only good for today, and they did it. I just had to give them the upc code for them to type in instead of scanning the actual coupon like they would in store. The only trouble there is they forgot to take the 30% off the first time, so they charged the wrong amount once, said they cancelled that order, then rang it up again with the coupon. However, since I paid with a paypal card, the amount of the first wrong order was still taken out of my account and will hopefully be put back in 7-10 days.
Old 12-19-05, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well they wouldn't let me, so there.

They said it was store policy, but we all know what that sort of thing amounts to really.
Old 12-19-05, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BrentLumkin
Well they wouldn't let me, so there.

They said it was store policy, but we all know what that sort of thing amounts to really.
Yeah, store policy varies day to day, person to person, and store to store everywhere I believe.

Originally Posted by dx23
You can suscribe on the follwing link:
http://reg.cheetahmail.com/regp?aid=266588556&n=100

THANKS FOR THE INFO, dx23!!!!!!!
Old 12-19-05, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The 30% Off coupon is only good thru today. However, I just signed up for the e-mails from Borders and got this new 15% Off coupon that's good thru 1/31/06.

Here's a link for anyone who wants to try it out:

http://f.chtah.com/i/9/276579820/New...Coupon_15.html

The coupon itself states that it only can't be used on online purchases and ordered items that are not in stock. I would say that is different than phone orders that you have shipped to you, so if someone says you can't use it, I'd say they're confused and would politely dispute it. Just call out the UPC code to them. Most employees are probably used to seeing these things anyway in store. Apparently you can use the same coupon on multiple visits too.
Old 12-22-05, 12:35 PM

Was out last minute Christmas shopping today and stopped by Borders and found a copy of this DVD. It rang up at $9.99 and the cashier started hitting keys on the register, I thought he was changing the price up to the $33.99 it was marked but it changed down to $8.99. Thanks to the OP.
Mike