DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   DDD 20% Off Sale Nov. 11-19 (STARTED ALREADY! GO BUY!) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/444176-ddd-20%25-off-sale-nov-11-19-started-already-go-buy.html)

tonyc3742 11-10-05 01:59 PM

Firefly - you may be seeing a cached copy. I just pulled it up in IE [I usually use Firefox] and I see the higher price there as well.

Looks like I'll be relying on DVDPriceSearch for my titles. If DDD raises prices, and the code-price is within a buck or two of elsewhere, I'll buy it elsewhere, just on the principle of the thing.

They have a nice return policy--if they don't raise the price, I'll reorder CatCF tomorrow with the code, and return the one that is currently sitting on my front porch. If they're going to screw with us, I can screw with them.

GoVegan 11-10-05 02:00 PM

Well, the Han Solo Blaster is holding steady at $454.98:

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/redir...fier=BAN000134

Since this morning I've seen the complete Sex and the City go up $25 to $225 and Adaptation went from $11 to $13.91

Lemdog 11-10-05 02:00 PM

Is there any non-tv box set that have gone up? Every item that people has mentioned as going up seems to be tv sets. I not really into tv shows, thus my entire wishlist is just films. None of them have gone up. Makes me wonder.

alfonsosoriano 11-10-05 02:02 PM

Most of the things I want are still at the price they've been at....

PJsig08 11-10-05 02:02 PM

Well this is lame. All the hype for this DDD sale and now no one wants to buy a thing. Pretty lame with the price hikes, but they run the show. The average person (or 90% of their customers) won't even notice increased prices.

jiggyblau 11-10-05 02:02 PM

EDIT: I stand corrected.

nemein 11-10-05 02:03 PM

So far all the ones I'm interested in seem to be IIRC the same price. I'll guess we'll see what happens before tomorrow though. I'm starting to agree w/ other people though, w/ practices like this I may just avoid them altogether this time -ohbfrank-

Darthebarbarian 11-10-05 02:05 PM

South Park Season 6 went up to 35.89 from 26 and the Ray Harrhausens went up from 28 to 42.91. So with the discount they will be more than before the sale was announced. Not cool.

Dr. Henry Jones, Jr. 11-10-05 02:05 PM

can anyone confirm if the indiana jones boxset has gone up? I have it listed at $51.98 and am unsure what it was before.

Lemdog 11-10-05 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Lunatikk
can anyone confirm if the indiana jones boxsex has gone up? I have it listed at $51.98 and am unsure what it was before.

It was $51.98 before.

Geist 11-10-05 02:09 PM

Usually every time they have a sale someone representing DDD pops in here and makes a comment, even if it's just "Thanks for supporting us!" So they are absolutley monitoring the forum.

When some coupon codes started working early last Christmas, they still honored them. When people asked them to include more Warner boxsets a few months back, they listened. I think their customer service is pretty good at listening to the desires of their patrons.

If they see how pissed off people are for jacking up pre-sale prices -- something that can get you in trouble at B&M stores -- perhaps they will fix it and earn back some goodwill. I would have spent a lot more as it is if the sale started next week because there's a big release dump, but if they are going to pull this kind of bullshit it's just more cash to spend elsewhere.

exharrison 11-10-05 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by WallyOPD
This would be like if Chilis served you an Awesome Blossom but skimped on the Awesome. :sad:

rofl
"One Awesome Blossom, hold the Awesome"

DeepDiscount 11-10-05 02:10 PM

Dear DVDTalkers,

I want to address some of the posts here.

In making a few changes on our site today we have had a few issues and some of you have seen errors or problems with your logins and wishlist errors. We also uploaded some incorrect data files which accounts for some of the pricing changes you have seen...both up and down. All of the site issues are corrected now.

We are also in the process of correcting the data and it will be restored shortly. However, prices on our site change every day, both up and down. So you will see some prices that change based on our normal course of business, again both up and down. We do not specifically change prices in anticipation of this sale...we never have. I believe that our history proves this. We remain true to our lowest guaranteed pricing message.

As always we are excited about bringing this sale to you, especially to everyone in this forum as you have always been very loyal to us.

Thank you again for your business.

Sincerely,
David Barker

Scarface83 11-10-05 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by DeepDiscountDVD
Dear DVDTalkers,

I want to address some of the posts here.

In making a few changes on our site today we have had a few issues and some of you have seen errors or problems with your logins and wishlist errors. We also uploaded some incorrect data files which accounts for some of the pricing changes you have seen...both up and down. All of the site issues are corrected now.

We are also in the process of correcting the data and it will be restored shortly. However, prices on our site change every day, both up and down. So you will see some prices that change based on our normal course of business, again both up and down. We do not specifically change prices in anticipation of this sale...we never have. I believe that our history proves this. We remain true to our lowest guaranteed pricing message.

As always we are excited about bringing this sale to you, especially to everyone in this forum as you have always been very loyal to us.

Thank you again for your business.

Sincerely,
David Barker

Please don't jack up SAW Unrated, Tales from Crypt Volume 2, or the other 10 DVDS on my buy list, im begging you

exharrison 11-10-05 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Geist
If they see how pissed off people are for jacking up pre-sale prices

It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't so drastic. The batman 1949 serial went up by like 5/6 dollars, making it more expensive now. Vampires went from about 11.50 to over 20 now. A lot of people have found dvds going up so much that they are more expensive or barely cheaper.

Dr. Henry Jones, Jr. 11-10-05 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Scarface83
Please don't jack up SAW Unrated, Tales from Crypt Volume 2, or the other 10 DVDS on my buy list, im begging you

LOL

Lemdog 11-10-05 02:13 PM

DeepDiscountDVD has spoken!

honking 11-10-05 02:14 PM

Actually I was complaining about the sale with them raising the prices more than 20% but actually I should thank them, because the last couple times I have got caught up in the event and spent around $500 bucks on DVDs I didn't have to have... This year, I will be spending $0 for DVDs I don't have to have... So I guess I should be thanking DDD!! I know the wife will appreciate it!

yeldarb367 11-10-05 02:15 PM

Thanks for the post David. Always nice to hear straight from the source.

THX7966 11-10-05 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jaymole
Very upsetting to see this, I've been telling all my friends about this possible sale, now I have to give them a warning before they buy instead.

Same here... DDD you blew it.

Vito Corleone 11-10-05 02:16 PM

Both CSI 1st and second seasons were 28.xx yesterday and are now 36.xx, this is not good business.

Geist 11-10-05 02:16 PM

Man, I must be psychic. ;)

CADVD1000 11-10-05 02:17 PM

did the price of the friday the 13th and nightmare on elm street bosets go up?

DVDGamer 11-10-05 02:19 PM

Its just hard to believe that this wasn't done in anticipation of the sale. My wishlist has been there for several weeks with nary a movement, yet day before the sale, prices start going up. If this is really just normal course of business, why not restore all prices and do the price maintenance at least a few days after the sale date? That would make believers out of the skeptics, I would think.

arsmith7 11-10-05 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by dtcarson
Firefly - you may be seeing a cached copy. I just pulled it up in IE [I usually use Firefox] and I see the higher price there as well.

Switched to IE and still see Firefly at 29.89. Refreshed in IE and Firefox and still the lower price. Not sure what gives.