Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

$4.88 Universal DVDs at Walmart

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-05, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Another add to the list- CRAZY LITTLE THING with Jenny McCarthy. Also, the only copies of JOSIE AND THE PUSSYCATS that I have seen are full-frame and labeled "Edited for Family Viewing"
Old 10-31-05, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't see Death Becomes Her, and I believe it's only available in P&S, so I probably would've passed on it anyway. I saw a Love Actually in widescreen among many P&S ones.

I'm not surprised about Fletch on eBay. They used to get about $40 each, but I know there are a lot of people who want to make some money on eBay. For it to be worthwhile to me I'd have to make at least $20 and the price isn't there any more. It was for a while, but thanks to work forcing me to do 50 hours I knew I didn't have enough spare time to mess with eBay, so I passed on the few Fletches my Walmart had knowing full well that by the time the weekend came around they'd be down in the teens. My other problem is I won't list a DVD for a starting price less than my minimum, so that would be $24.99, and I don't like paying the higher insertion fees. The only times I've sold in the last couple years was during a 10 cent insertion day sale, and they haven't had 1 of those for about a year. Some things just aren't worth the time expenditure. Those who got their sales in early are lucky.
Old 10-31-05, 08:40 AM

For anyone in the Chicago suburbs. I picked up Fletch, October Sky SE, Wierd Science, Duel and Skulls at the new Batavia Wal Mart Friday night. They did not have the display when I was there two days earlier so keep checking back. This display was in the isle by the DVDs in the back of the store.

Thanks to the person who started this thread. I have been looking for Fletch for a long time.
Old 10-31-05, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by thedarktroll
The power of recall is a wonderful thing. Can you remember any more information than that, regarding what you saw? Which location was this? Was there any other writing on the cover of the Mummy case? Any other titles?
I believe I saw the Mummy movie referenced above in north Austin - I think it was The Mummy: The Animated Series.
Old 10-31-05, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Manzana
I saw a Love Actually in widescreen among many P&S ones.
I may have to look again when I go get Episode III tomorrow. I only saw 5 P&S ones this morning.

And yeah, The Mummy one is animated.
Old 10-31-05, 01:40 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Because many of you praised Fletch, I went back to look. None in the $4.88 racks, but I did find one in the dump bin. So, I recommend starting with the rack, but look in the bin too, because the store I went to had many, many of the $4.88 disks in the bin.
Old 10-31-05, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by boss429
Has anyone found this display in the Baltimore area?
I saw it the other day at the store on rt 43 by Walther Rd .. right at the front of the store. If you're taking the Northern part of the Beltway towards I-95, it's just past the Harford Rd exit.
Old 10-31-05, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

picked up psyco remake and weird science from old bridge nj wallmart after much digging. couldn't find fletch
Old 10-31-05, 06:29 PM
Suspended

Has anyone in the Omaha, NE area found these yet?
Old 11-01-05, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Just got Fletch and Battlestar Galactica

Last edited by GuessWho; 11-01-05 at 02:50 PM.
Old 11-01-05, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 252 Likes on 187 Posts
They took the bin with these out of my local Washington store. It looked like they threw the left over films into the regular 5.50 bin.
Old 11-01-05, 01:49 PM

For any southern Mainers, the Scarborough, ME store has finally put up the display as of 11/1. I grabbed the October Sky SE, Red Dragon and Duel. They had a decent number of copies of Fletch too. Unfortunately I didn't see any copies of Cape Fear, which is the only one I really wanted badly. It may be in the bottom half of the display, but since it was just put up the top was very full and too heavy to pull off. I tilted it up to take a peak, but can't guarantee that there weren't any that I missed under there. I'll probably go back in a couple of days and see if its empty enough to lift off.
Old 11-01-05, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana
I didn't see Death Becomes Her, and I believe it's only available in P&S, so I probably would've passed on it anyway. I saw a Love Actually in widescreen among many P&S ones.

I'm not surprised about Fletch on eBay. They used to get about $40 each, but I know there are a lot of people who want to make some money on eBay. For it to be worthwhile to me I'd have to make at least $20 and the price isn't there any more. It was for a while, but thanks to work forcing me to do 50 hours I knew I didn't have enough spare time to mess with eBay, so I passed on the few Fletches my Walmart had knowing full well that by the time the weekend came around they'd be down in the teens. My other problem is I won't list a DVD for a starting price less than my minimum, so that would be $24.99, and I don't like paying the higher insertion fees. The only times I've sold in the last couple years was during a 10 cent insertion day sale, and they haven't had 1 of those for about a year. Some things just aren't worth the time expenditure. Those who got their sales in early are lucky.

You're right. If they've repressed them and you're seeing them at Walmart, they won't be going for much...word gets out fast and the prices will drop like a rock, quick.

Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 11-01-05 at 05:01 PM.
Old 11-01-05, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kingtopher
For any southern Mainers, the Scarborough, ME store has finally put up the display as of 11/1. I grabbed the October Sky SE, Red Dragon and Duel. They had a decent number of copies of Fletch too. Unfortunately I didn't see any copies of Cape Fear, which is the only one I really wanted badly. It may be in the bottom half of the display, but since it was just put up the top was very full and too heavy to pull off. I tilted it up to take a peak, but can't guarantee that there weren't any that I missed under there. I'll probably go back in a couple of days and see if its empty enough to lift off.
Where was it? I was in there about 6:30 pm tonight, and still did not see this display anywhere?
Old 11-01-05, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Rocketdog2000
Where was it? I was in there about 6:30 pm tonight, and still did not see this display anywhere?
It was right between two of the CD aisles. One aisle over from the DVDs.
Old 11-01-05, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Found a store near my area that apparently just put the display out - they had 5 levels that were each pretty full. I even saw 3 Fletch & at least 2 Weird Science - didn't pick those up because I don't sell on eBay & I already had them.
Old 11-01-05, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kingtopher
It was right between two of the CD aisles. One aisle over from the DVDs.
I must be blind, as I walked the whole of that department and didn't see anything. I'll have to check again tomorrow. Thanks!
Old 11-01-05, 11:07 PM

Pittsburgh Update - Pleasant Hills now has a display of these DVD titles back near electronics on the main aisle walking from childrens clothes down to electronics. I saw several copies of Fletch, Weird Science, Death Becomes Her and I think everything else mentioned here.
Old 11-01-05, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

still no luck in tulsa...walked the store and found nothing...no universal titles in the 5.50 bin either...i hardly ever go in there, but would like to pick up fletch...oh well
Old 11-02-05, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by scoot0903
Pittsburgh Update - Pleasant Hills now has a display of these DVD titles back near electronics on the main aisle walking from childrens clothes down to electronics. I saw several copies of Fletch, Weird Science, Death Becomes Her and I think everything else mentioned here.
Still no luck in Belle Vernon, atleast nothing I could find...

PS, welcoming a fellow Pittsburgher to the forum...
Old 11-02-05, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Picked up Cape Fear and Ma & Pa Kettle V.1&2.

Last edited by Premise; 11-02-05 at 06:11 PM.
Old 11-02-05, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I went to my local walmart and saw blood work and spy game and really wanted to get them but all they had was fullscreen. Is that normal? Has walmart always dont this?
Old 11-02-05, 12:51 AM

Found most of these titles in the Richmond, KY Wal-mart. I also picked up, not mentioned in the main list, K-9:P.I. with Jim Belushi. Not sure if I'll enjoy it or not anymore, but for 5 bux...

Most of the ones on the list I saw there with the exception of Fletch, which I already have. BTW...if anyone is in my area, email [email protected]

I picked up these titles since they were $5:

Reality Bites
Batteries not included
Duel
Timecop
K-9 PI
Weird Science (had the original version-sold long ago on ebay)
Kindergarten Cop
The Babe
Pyscho
Jaws 2
For the Love of the Game
Old 11-02-05, 04:28 AM

FYI --- Title list (updated)

11 more titles spotted by DVDTalkers have been added to the list. The new additions are in bold font

Universal $4.88 titles mentioned in this thread since 10/22/05
  • Babe, The
  • Batteries Not Included
  • Battlestar Galactica
  • Best Little Whorehouse in Texas
  • Blood Work
  • Brewster's Millions
  • Bride of Chucky
  • Broken Silence
  • Bulletproof
  • Cape Fear (1961)
  • Captain Corelli's Mandolin
  • Chamber, The
  • Child's Play 2
  • Contender, The
  • Crazy Little Thing
  • Death Becomes Her
  • Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story
  • Dudley Do-Right
  • Duel
  • EDtv
  • Emperor's Club, The
  • Far and Away
  • Fletch
  • For Love of the Game (Costner)
  • Frances the Talking Mule (4-pack collection)
  • Galaxy Quest
  • Gorillas in the Mist
  • Heart & Souls
  • Hitcher II, The
  • How to Be A Player
  • Jaws 2
  • Jaws the Revenge
  • Josie and the Pussycats (full screen -- edited for family)
  • K-9: P.I.
  • Killing Emmett Young
  • Kindergarten Cop (full screen)
  • King Ralph
  • Kiss Before Dying
  • K-Pax
  • Kull the Conquerer
  • Lonely Guy
  • Love Actually (full screen) (ws spotted)
  • Ma & Pa Kettle -- Volume 1
  • Ma & Pa Kettle -- Volume 2
  • MacArthur
  • Man on the Moon
  • Mask: Director's Cut
  • Mo' Better Blues
  • More American Graffitti
  • Mummy (animated)
  • Musketeer, The
  • Nurse Betty
  • October Sky (SE and reg)
  • One True Thing
  • Out of Africa
  • Paper, The
  • Plainsman, The
  • Playing for Keeps
  • Psycho CE
  • Raising Cain
  • Reality Bites (10th Ann)
  • Red Dragon CE
  • River Wild, The
  • Rocky + Bullwinkle (DeNiro)
  • Skulls
  • Skulls II
  • Skulls III
  • Slapshot 2
  • Sneakers (standard edition)
  • Somewhere in Time
  • Spy Game (CE)
  • Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot
  • Timecop (full screen)
  • TimeCop 2
  • Trading Places
  • Tremors
  • Tremors 4
  • Truth About Charlie, The
  • Underneath
  • Very Bad Things
  • Virus (WS, DTS)
  • Watcher, The
  • Weird Science
Old 11-02-05, 06:51 AM

I saw one copy of Madigan (w/ Henry Fonda) at a Supercenter in Moberly, MO.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.