Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Star Trek Voyager Season Two for 26.99 at Blockbuster!

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Star Trek Voyager Season Two for 26.99 at Blockbuster!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-04, 02:29 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Shoveler
w'bug, it was the Collins Road BB. Good luck!
Thanks, Shoveler. Went there at 1:30 today and walked out fully pre-paid. All I have to bring in is my membership card in May and I walk out with the boxset in hand.

QUICK TIP

The clerk was going to do the $1 thing, but the manager just said that you have to hit NO to the deposit field on the computer. It will let you pay the full price ($27) at that point.

Thanks for the amazing deal, Calhoun!
Old 03-18-04, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by tanman
Anyone have any differing experiences whether it is a corporate store or franchise?
Yes, but not with this topic. A local franchise BBV store refuses to pricematch.
Old 03-18-04, 02:51 PM

I am going to try this myself tommorrow and see what happens, I got three blockbusters near me at the least so might try all three.............if one doesnt let me prepay, that seems like the best way to lock the price. I am betting they wont let this go to completion, tho, meaning when you go pick it up you might be in for an argument..............they are bound to realize the price screw up before too long, it says 129.99 at amazon, I am betting their price was supposed to be 126.99 not 26.99...............
would be a great deal, most of the good voyager episodes are in the first and second season anyways.
Old 03-18-04, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 961 Likes on 668 Posts
There is no way that they could keep the money if they do decide to stick to the real MSRP is there?

You should be able to get a refund, right?
Old 03-18-04, 04:45 PM
Banned

Originally posted by tanman
There is no way that they could keep the money if they do decide to stick to the real MSRP is there?

You should be able to get a refund, right?
I think they have to sell it to you still. I remember in another discussion a while back, it was pointed out that internet sales were unlike B&M sales because the law can't force an online site to sell to you at the advertised price if they say there was an error in pricing.

I'm going to try to find out what the laws are in my area, as I'm pretty sure they're going to try to weasel out of this once the product comes in. If I know the law is on my side, I can tell them that it's cheaper to take the $100 hit than it is to pay court costs and deal with the BBB.
Old 03-18-04, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Tried a second store that let me pay a $5 deposit but wouldn't allow full payment. We'll see.

Thanks again OP.
Old 03-18-04, 09:03 PM

Houston, Tx. They required a membership, but afterwards allowed the pre-order and took the full payment.
Old 03-18-04, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by edsc
Houston, Tx. They required a membership, but afterwards allowed the pre-order and took the full payment.
Mine was at a Pasadena,TX BBV.
Old 03-18-04, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just wondering....

Those of you unable to put money down, are you at least getting something from the store stating the price of the item? At least a special order form with the price on it? Might be your saving grace if the price does go up when it comes in.
Old 03-18-04, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by calhoun07
Just wondering....

Those of you unable to put money down, are you at least getting something from the store stating the price of the item? At least a special order form with the price on it? Might be your saving grace if the price does go up when it comes in.
I got a normal receipt showing the "Star Trek Voyager Season 2" with the $26.99 price plus the tax & total. And, the CC receipt also.

The other form (for the actual pre-order) - with my name & phone # - is what they keep in order to actually place the order.

I did the same thing back on the Ken Burns Civil War set a while back with no problems. Did it the exact same way - paid in full when ordered.
Old 03-19-04, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by calhoun07
Just wondering....

The first place I tried offered nothing as they just took my name and number.

The second that let me put a deposit but not the full amount I received a receipt but that doesn't state the price. They entered it into their computer but that is the most they would offer me.
Old 03-19-04, 03:04 AM
Cool New Member

i paid 25.99+2.00tax=27.99 but nowhere on the receipt shows the price of the set it only says Star Trek Voyager Season 2 Presale (Deposit). Do people have the actual price of the set on their receipts?? And when u paid in full does it say that you paid the whole price, not just a deposit???

thanks calhoun07 for the heads up on this!
Old 03-19-04, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by gyupo
i paid 25.99+2.00tax=27.99 but nowhere on the receipt shows the price of the set it only says Star Trek Voyager Season 2 Presale (Deposit). Do people have the actual price of the set on their receipts?? And when u paid in full does it say that you paid the whole price, not just a deposit???

thanks calhoun07 for the heads up on this!
Under the line with "STVS2", it says "Presale" - nothing about being a "deposit" only.
Old 03-19-04, 05:54 PM

My reciept shows:

Balance - $0.00

STAR TREK VOYAGER SEASON 2
Presale - $26.99

Subtotal $26.99
Tax $1.48
Total amount due $28.47

I mentioned casually to the employee that on a past preorder Blockbuster had the item for $2 higher after it came in that what I prepaid. He told me that this wouldn't effect me if the price changed since I was paying for the item outright. He said that they charge a few dollars less for preorders to entice you into buying early so they could lock up the sale.

Obviously that isn't the case this time, but from my reciept and what he said I'm thinking I'm as locked in as one can get on a deal like this.

Also, I had tried to place a preorder the previous night but they employee wouldn't take my money (though he put me down on a preorder list at the 25.99 price). This was my second trip, and the second guy rung me out with no questions.
Old 03-19-04, 07:28 PM
Banned

Just curious... would it be possible to order two copies, and then take one back to a place like Best Buy? Would they give you store credit for whatever their price?

I sorta like the idea of buying an extra, and taking it in to Best Buy to exchange for season 1.
Old 03-19-04, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by JestersTear
Just curious... would it be possible to order two copies, and then take one back to a place like Best Buy? Would they give you store credit for whatever their price?

I sorta like the idea of buying an extra, and taking it in to Best Buy to exchange for season 1.
Don't be an *******!!!
Old 03-19-04, 08:51 PM
Banned

Originally posted by purplechoe
Don't be an *******!!!
The only one I see here is you.

I'm not buying something that someone else wants and keeping them from getting it.

I'm not scalping something on eBay.

If you can't act like an adult, then don't post anything.

This commuinity thrives on things like passing around coupon codes that are only meant for a certain number of people, yet you have the gall to attack me over this.

Grow up.

Last edited by JestersTear; 03-19-04 at 08:53 PM.
Old 03-19-04, 09:00 PM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally posted by JestersTear
The only one I see here is you.

I'm not buying something that someone else wants and keeping them from getting it.

I'm not scalping something on eBay.

If you can't act like an adult, then don't post anything.

This commuinity thrives on things like passing around coupon codes that are only meant for a certain number of people, yet you have the gall to attack me over this.

Grow up.
You are suggesting an unethical action that we don't want here.

You are not talking about using a coupon. You are talking about buying a price mistake at one store and then using it to get full credit at another store.
Old 03-19-04, 09:02 PM
Banned

Originally posted by X
You are suggesting an unethical action that we don't want here.

You are not talking about using a coupon. You are talking about buying a price mistake at one store and then using it to get full credit at another store.

\Oh please, you're such a hypocrite.

You're trying to justify your own unethical act. It's sad.

Oh gee, I had the nerve to disagree with an admin. Time for a suspension since that's a big no-no here.

Ah well. In your honour, I'm going to go pre-order a few more copies and do some eBay scalping. That's perfectly ethical, apparently.

Last edited by JestersTear; 03-19-04 at 09:06 PM.
Old 03-19-04, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

As been discussed in this forum numerous times - some stores have absolutely NO PROBLEM with taking merchandise from other stores for store credit. The mediaplay group of stores is one such company.
Old 03-20-04, 02:58 PM

Thanks for the great find there, Calhoun07...

I stopped by Blockbuster today in the SW Chicago Burbs and placed an order for Voyager Season 2 using the 888570 item number.

Yep....$26.99 was the price. I didnt have a card (as my expired) and the CSR signed me up for a new one and I told her I wanted to pay in full.

She had no problem doing that for me...

My receipt is....
Balance $ 0.00
-----------------------------------------------------

Star Trek Voyager Season 2
Presale $26.99

Subtotal $26.99
Tax $ 2.09
Total Amount Due $29.08
Tendered Cash $50.08
Change Due $21.00

Hopefully I will get it the $26.99 price ...
Old 03-20-04, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

When you go and get this on May 14th, if you pre paid for it, the computer will charge you for what you owe on it, and that will not reflect the price in the computer, whether it went up or not. So if you owe nothing, they will charge you nothing the day you pick it up, and if you owe 21.99 for it, you will pay 21.99 for it the day you get it.

Those of you who have had problems getting the store to accept pre pays for this might have problems if the price goes up to 101.99. You will have to let us know if this works for you when you go and pick it up, if they will still honor the price even if they refused to let you put a deposit down on it.
Old 03-20-04, 06:01 PM

OK guys and girls,
I got it but damn, do these people even know how to use their own systems? Has anyone else been having trouble more from them not knowing how rather than not wanting to? Sheesh....
first place went to my local BB, new manager (great, groan), doesnt know how to do it, has to call corporate to verify or something, and be instructed how........and have to wait til monday, I said dont worry about it, if it isnt easy to do, dont sweat it.......next time I come by, I'll ask again.(figured that call might freeze us right there and get the price changed)

second place, got the manager, seemed to be really knowledgable til he got his hands on the keyboard.....here we go......I mentioned that another store said he couldnt do it (preorders in general, not specifically V2), he said no problem, pounds on keyboard for a few minutes "hold on lots of voyager and star trek stuff", I ask if a part # would help, a friend of mine ordered it (you guys) and I have a part#.......wow yes, what is it give it to him, and he suceeds to preorder me a french film, named escape di future......, I say whoa, not right......he says "i know, I know" working on it..........cant figure how to back out of it so gives me a credit for: are you ready for this? "chips-lays dillpickle 230G" enough to get back to zero......apparently.
then finds the Voyager S2......correctly this time and adds me in for it....I cant prepay the whole thing he says only 25.99 and pay the buck when you come in.....I said a friend of mine had trouble too, try just saying no in the deposit field (sheesh starting to feel like a manager in training at this point, and hoping he doesnt ask how did you happen to have all this info?), he is like "doh" correct sir, you can, and now you are prepaid. I wanted to double check at this point and said "so this means your home office or whatever will know to send one here right so it will be held for me?" he says take a look at your acct....(shows me the screen, and got to give this guy credit for not losing it so far) shows that both S2 AND the french film are on order and prepaid for. Says if you happen to get the french film free after all this you came out ahead......as it was 19.99 and he gave me back a credit for something else, cause he didnt know what he was doing.......I said dont worry about that, just want my voyager....thanks come again.
lord, I know this is only going to be part one, part two is going to be picking it up.......and having to explain the dill pickles thing.......hope that same guy is still there in may.....he will probably remember me..................debating whether to try again at another store, and cancel this.........but man that was almost not worth the headache...........if I have to back out somehow cause they jack us on the price......I hope I can get the money back........
Old 03-20-04, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am also in the group that was only allowed to Prepay $25.99
up front. I will have to pay $1 when I pick it up.

Can anyone confirm that when the employee hits the DELIVER
(to my account) button that the computer will say that I only
have to pay $1 more.

The last thing I want is for the computer to say I still owe
$75+
Old 03-20-04, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
I got one for me and will be getting one for a friends bday tomorrow, thanks for the heads up!!!

shadow

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.