Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Star Trek Voyager Season Two for 26.99 at Blockbuster!

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Star Trek Voyager Season Two for 26.99 at Blockbuster!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-04, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was in on a similar deal a year and a half ago (man, I can't believe so much time has passed) for the Ken Cranes Civil War set - BBV mispriced it for $30.99 (I think) and they made me do the $29.99 down and $1 on delivery. Worked just fine.
Old 03-20-04, 10:05 PM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally posted by fitzcain
OK guys and girls,
I got it but damn, do these people even know how to use their own systems? ...

I hope I can get the money back........

Luckily I had a competent guy who took about 20 seconds to do the deal. But then I didn't get a free French movie.
Old 03-21-04, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by diesteldorf
I am also in the group that was only allowed to Prepay $25.99
up front. I will have to pay $1 when I pick it up.

Can anyone confirm that when the employee hits the DELIVER
(to my account) button that the computer will say that I only
have to pay $1 more.

The last thing I want is for the computer to say I still owe
$75+
Same here. I made the clerk write that I only owe $1.00 on the sales receipt and then sign and date it. I don't know if this will help me or not, but it will give me an argueing point.
Old 03-21-04, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
I am also in the group that was only allowed to Prepay $25.99
up front. I will have to pay $1 when I pick it up.

Can anyone confirm that when the employee hits the DELIVER
(to my account) button that the computer will say that I only
have to pay $1 more.

The last thing I want is for the computer to say I still owe
$75+

Same here.

The CS rep tried to convice me that the item could be pre-ordered online rather than @ the B&M. He also indicated that my deposit would be useless if the BBV location did not receive the item.

Went ahead pre-ordered anyway.
Old 03-21-04, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh my GAWD! Don't they train in these people??? When customers walk in and know more than the employees something is horribly wrong. If he f'ed it up that much, did he know he had to fill out a PAPER order form and CALL THE ORDER IN to their distributor? If he can't issue a pre order credit for the french film (credit option #8 on the moron's screen) then I doubt he's going to get the physical ordering of this right. You might want to check up on that, or just go to another one.

Good thing I gave you guys the part number! I knew some of you would have difficulty, but I had no idea it would be rocket science to some of these clerks!

Originally posted by fitzcain
OK guys and girls,
I got it but damn, do these people even know how to use their own systems? Has anyone else been having trouble more from them not knowing how rather than not wanting to? Sheesh....
first place went to my local BB, new manager (great, groan), doesnt know how to do it, has to call corporate to verify or something, and be instructed how........and have to wait til monday, I said dont worry about it, if it isnt easy to do, dont sweat it.......next time I come by, I'll ask again.(figured that call might freeze us right there and get the price changed)

second place, got the manager, seemed to be really knowledgable til he got his hands on the keyboard.....here we go......I mentioned that another store said he couldnt do it (preorders in general, not specifically V2), he said no problem, pounds on keyboard for a few minutes "hold on lots of voyager and star trek stuff", I ask if a part # would help, a friend of mine ordered it (you guys) and I have a part#.......wow yes, what is it give it to him, and he suceeds to preorder me a french film, named escape di future......, I say whoa, not right......he says "i know, I know" working on it..........cant figure how to back out of it so gives me a credit for: are you ready for this? "chips-lays dillpickle 230G" enough to get back to zero......apparently.
then finds the Voyager S2......correctly this time and adds me in for it....I cant prepay the whole thing he says only 25.99 and pay the buck when you come in.....I said a friend of mine had trouble too, try just saying no in the deposit field (sheesh starting to feel like a manager in training at this point, and hoping he doesnt ask how did you happen to have all this info?), he is like "doh" correct sir, you can, and now you are prepaid. I wanted to double check at this point and said "so this means your home office or whatever will know to send one here right so it will be held for me?" he says take a look at your acct....(shows me the screen, and got to give this guy credit for not losing it so far) shows that both S2 AND the french film are on order and prepaid for. Says if you happen to get the french film free after all this you came out ahead......as it was 19.99 and he gave me back a credit for something else, cause he didnt know what he was doing.......I said dont worry about that, just want my voyager....thanks come again.
lord, I know this is only going to be part one, part two is going to be picking it up.......and having to explain the dill pickles thing.......hope that same guy is still there in may.....he will probably remember me..................debating whether to try again at another store, and cancel this.........but man that was almost not worth the headache...........if I have to back out somehow cause they jack us on the price......I hope I can get the money back........
Old 03-21-04, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by candyrocket786
Same here.

The CS rep tried to convice me that the item could be pre-ordered online rather than @ the B&M. He also indicated that my deposit would be useless if the BBV location did not receive the item.

Went ahead pre-ordered anyway.
Wait a minute...you too??? Who else here has had no promise they would get this in?? THEY SHOULD GET IT IN IF YOU PRE ORDER IT. I know this is Blockbuster and many of you are dealing with a collective unintelligence, but geezus, I didn't think I would have to tell you guys to make sure they fill out the paper order form for this. Those of you who pre ordered, did they fill out a paper order form as well? They have to physically call their distributor and order a copy for you. It's not a matter of, "Well, if we get it or not." THEY SHOULD GET IT IF YOU PRE ORDER IT! Sorry for the caps, I am not yelling at anybody here, my mind is just reeling at the sheer amount of incompetence on BB's part I am reading here.
Old 03-21-04, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by calhoun07
If he f'ed it up that much, did he know he had to fill out a PAPER order form and CALL THE ORDER IN to their distributor?
So are you saying that's part of the BBV pre-order process?
Old 03-21-04, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

THEY SHOULD GET IT IN IF YOU PRE ORDER IT. I know this is Blockbuster and many of you are dealing with a collective unintelligence, but geezus, I didn't think I would have to tell you guys to make sure they fill out the paper order form for this. Those of you who pre ordered, did they fill out a paper order form as well? They have to physically call their distributor and order a copy for you. It's not a matter of, "Well, if we get it or not." THEY SHOULD GET IT IF YOU PRE ORDER IT!
Well, shit, shit, shit!

These guys didn't fill out a damn thing!

Christ, now I have to go back and tell these people how to do their job.

Maybe I'll go ahead and try another store.

Sorry for the caps, I am not yelling at anybody here, my mind is just reeling at the sheer amount of incompetence on BB's part I am reading here.
I understand how you feel and appreciate your assistance.
Old 03-21-04, 11:16 PM

thanks for the tip about the paper order, the doofus manager that waited on me (although I was the one doing the waiting), didnt do a paper order at all........I am going to try another store, then, this guy wouldnt know, I am pretty sure. He said that the order in the computer was all that was needed and that it would be there for me to pick up.
I am used to this kind of incompetence at best buy and such, but didnt expect it here, I guess, once they teach you to charge items in and out, and take peoples money, you have passed the training seminar...
Thanks for the lead on this, will try another store to see if I can, snag another one with a paper order as well. I have a feeling this one is going to be iffy..........They wouldnt normally just get one of STV s2 for rental........unless they are going to break it down like sopranos, which i doubt.
I was shaking my head leaving there when I did, happy I got the preorder, but just sort of know, something aint gonna go right with this one.........
Do you all think its a possibility that come time, they screw up, it dont show up, and they "cant get it" do to some corporate hold up on this one, cause of the misprice.......that they wont refund? being that it is two monthes down the road?......I am pretty good at getting what I want, and when I cant my wife will try (and know one argues with her, she took on our phone company, and got what they flat out refused me (a mischarge of 80$ added to our account for internet calls verified as local))(shes my ace in the hole, so to speak)..............but always try to think of worst case scenerio with these things, what could go wrong, and hope for the best...........can they refuse a refund and force a credit to your bbv account (take me a while to use, I dont usually buy stuff there to often)
sorry again for the long sermon, but wanted to get my experience to you guys, so you can take steps to avoid the same.
Old 03-22-04, 04:49 AM

Fortunately, it sounds like mine will go alright. The guy that waited on me had to ask a co-worker what buttons to hit on the computer a couple of times, but he let me pay for it in total and he filled the information out on the paper that calhoun07 is talking about. He took my address and phone number and told me that they'll call me when it comes in and to be sure and bring my receipt with me. I think he was assuming it was an already-released title because he was mentioning about how it would be in within 5-7 days if it's in stock etc. I didn't want to get in a big conversation with him about how it's a preorder...I'm just glad my order went through with no hassle.
Old 03-22-04, 07:09 AM
Cool New Member

I tried to do this at two separate Blockbusters.

The first one, two cashiers were talking about it. Can you preorder anything? Can you preorder movie titles? This DVD isn't out yet, can you preorder it?

The manager said I could preorder on the web site, or directed me to Suncoast.

Finally they decided that since they might not get any in stock, I could not preorder it.

The second one I went to, they could not find the item in their inventory, even with the ID number.
Old 03-22-04, 08:50 AM

I am betting they did find it at your second store, just didnt want to have to go further, easier to say sorry dont got it listed, cant find it.
Old 03-22-04, 10:49 PM

I work at Blockbuster so I figured I'd chime in and let you guys know how it all works...

For anyone that had it preordered in the computer and put down a deposit, you will get it for the correct price. If you paid $25.99, you'll owe $1 when it comes in.

For anyone who was told you couldn't put a deposit down, and they just wrote your name in a book (which holds all the preorder forms) you probably won't be able to get it for $26.99. If the price is changed in the computer then it'll ring up for the real price.

A while ago Stargate SG-1 season 2 was in the computer as $14.99 or something like that. Not sure If I just found it or if someone posted about it on here. Anyway I ordered it, but when I recieved it into our computer it automatically changed the price to whatever crappy price it was supposed to be, $64.99 or something like that.

So the best bet is to find a store that'll let you put a deposit down.

At my store I usually don't let people put down a deposit because alot of times our computer is not updated as to whether or not something is out of print. Therefore to make things easier for employees and the customers we just let everyone know that it's possible it is out of print or out of stock so they can just pay for it when it comes in. However I also would have no problem taking a deposit on something I knew we could get very easily, it's just for all the people who want to order some random VHS movie that most likely is out of print now...
Old 03-23-04, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by JonXfiless

At my store I usually don't let people put down a deposit because alot of times our computer is not updated as to whether or not something is out of print.
Just have to ask for the heck of it.......

If you had someone come in and ask you if they could order this set, would you make an exception and look the other way when it came to allowing them to put money down?

Also, how does the DELIVER THE ITEM TO YOUR ACCOUNT process work?

Is it a special button the register that gets pushed when the item comes
in?

Also, if you ordered Stargate for yourself when it was mispriced, why didn't you put a deposit down for yourself to lock in the price.

BTW, do the other employees at your store know about the Voyager misprice?
Old 03-23-04, 01:53 AM

one store told me that i could not pre order.
anything that is more than 30 days before release date.
but to come back on april 18th
Old 03-23-04, 07:42 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
if you just do a pre-order then chances are they are not going to get it in. you need to make sure you ask them to SPECIAL ORDER it. thats the only way to gaurentee that you will get it in. and no they dont train you correctly. when i 1st started some one came in and asked me to order something for them. i had no clue what to do. i had to call the dm to get instructions. half of the time its not the employess. thes the stupid company
Old 03-23-04, 08:14 AM

A few years ago, blockbuster allowed me to order two of the Universal Classic Monster boxed sets for $14.99 (10% of the list price), and, yes, they came through.

(I kept one and sold the other a couple of months ago on eBay.)
Old 03-23-04, 08:45 AM

I work at Blockbuster so I figured I'd chime in and let you guys know how it all works...
hey jonxfiless,
thanks for the info~~~~
specifically though,
can you tell me, if you think I will get mine in to the store? Or should I go back and make sure he "special orders" it........
he showed me in the 'puter that it had a french film (long story, see above), AND the STV S2 on preorder and that is what my receipt says (in addition to the dill pickle thing, sigh)........is just preorder in the computer enough to get the gears working, or do I need to go further.............
Also, I see your location says Maryland.......I'm in maryland too, near gaithersburg.............wondering if you are nearby......thanks~
Old 03-23-04, 09:14 AM

ide go back and make sure they special ordered it. chances are if they didnt, your not getting it
Old 03-23-04, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
I just went to my BBV to try and preorder and they couldn't even find it in their system. I even gave them the number. Oh well.
Old 03-23-04, 07:44 PM

I tried to get in on this at my nearest corporate store and I was told as well that it wasn't in the system yet and it couldn't be preordered. Unfortunately I dealt with the manager of the store so he may have seen that there was an obvious misprice on the screen and told me that to stall me. He said to come back in April and it should be in the system by then. Yeah, I'm sure...at the correct price by that point.
Old 03-23-04, 08:39 PM

Hehe. I just got a phone call from the Blockbuster where I preordered this at. They told me that they had just found out that it wouldn't be coming out til May and asked, "Are you sure you want to wait that long?" I replied with a hearty, "Hell yes!" To which they responded, "Are you really sure. I mean May is a long ways away." After which I quipped, "Yep. I'm pretty damn sure I DON'T want to cancel my order for Voyager Season 2 at $26.99." I could hear the person on the other end tell someone else, probably a manager, that I wasn't going to cancel. She sighed a hefty sigh, and ended our conversation with a, "Well, if you really want it that bad....."

Old 03-23-04, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just have to ask for the heck of it.......

If you had someone come in and ask you if they could order this set, would you make an exception and look the other way when it came to allowing them to put money down?

Also, how does the DELIVER THE ITEM TO YOUR ACCOUNT process work?

Is it a special button the register that gets pushed when the item comes
in?

Also, if you ordered Stargate for yourself when it was mispriced, why didn't you put a deposit down for yourself to lock in the price.

BTW, do the other employees at your store know about the Voyager misprice?
"Deliver" is just a way the store takes the item off of pre order on your account and it will charge you for whatever you owe. It's a relatively simple process, but from the sounds of things on here, you might want to get a manger to do it for you the day you pick it up since it seems there is a lack of full training in several stores. Even if you owe nothing, they should still deliver it to your account, as that will take it out of their inventory and show they sold it.

I think some of you are getting the run around because they don't want to sell it to you because they know it's a misprice. And maybe some aren't abel to find it because of the training issue. Not ever employee might know how to just look it up by the part number.
Old 03-23-04, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts
i guess i'll have to check aymy store were i work and try to order 1 or 2 for myself.
Old 03-24-04, 08:58 AM

you cant even order it on bbv site yet http://www.blockbuster.com/bb/movie/...91230,00.html?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.