Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Comic Book Talk
Reload this Page >

The Official Toys and Collectibles Thread

Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

The Official Toys and Collectibles Thread

Old 09-17-22, 01:11 PM

Received 1,103 Likes on 650 Posts
Re: The Official Toys and Collectibles Thread

Does it have an 8-track player in the dash?!
Old 09-17-22, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 955 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by story View Post
Does it have an 8-track player in the dash?!

For that price, it should have. So far, the only incentive they've have mentioned so far is a human version of Robbie Reyes if they hit the goals.
Old 09-17-22, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,481 Likes on 1,068 Posts

$350 for an action figure and a car is really pushing it.

Still looks cool as fuck, though...
Old 09-17-22, 08:08 PM

Received 1,103 Likes on 650 Posts

I get the limited run stuff and the fun of this sort of thing and it is absolutely very cool but yeah, that's ridiculous. HeroQuest was what, $150 for hours of interactive fun with friends and this will sit on a shelf?! Yikes.
Old 09-18-22, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,228 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
For that price, it should have. So far, the only incentive they've have mentioned so far is a human version of Robbie Reyes if they hit the goals.
Its kind of scummy to make it a limited early backer thing.
Old 09-20-22, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Get Mephisto if the crowdfunding reaches 12k backers

Old 09-22-22, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hasbro is out of their fucking mind. Theyíve been promoting the return of Starting Lineup for a while and today they finally announced them and they are $50 each?!? These damn figures were $4-7 back in the day and thatís why kids collected them. But $50?!? Hasbro really needs to read the room

Old 09-22-22, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

But kids aren't buying these. I mean I balk at the price too but that's par for the course with Hasbro just upping the price of everything they've announced in the last year or so, and I'm assuming these figures have to be bigger.

I am kind of curious, did they show a shot of all of these together? You'd think they'd have to make a bunch of different bucks because it would be super lame if they were all the same size.
Old 09-22-22, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 795 Likes on 649 Posts

I wonder if the NBA licensing as well as the likeness rights to the players is factoring into the high price point on those. Iím not interested in them personally but that price is ridiculous for what those figures are.
Old 09-22-22, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
But kids aren't buying these. I mean I balk at the price too but that's par for the course with Hasbro just upping the price of everything they've announced in the last year or so, and I'm assuming these figures have to be bigger.

I am kind of curious, did they show a shot of all of these together? You'd think they'd have to make a bunch of different bucks because it would be super lame if they were all the same size.

This is the only photo Iíve seen of them side to side and it seems photoshopped for everyone to be on the same level but I imagine they are different sizes. One thing though is that the ball is glued to their hands.

Kids pick up Funko Pops as collectibles the same way many of us picked Starting Lineups back in the day. This is just Hasbro greed and shortsightedness

Originally Posted by Mike86 View Post
I wonder if the NBA licensing as well as the likeness rights to the players is factoring into the high price point on those. Iím not interested in them personally but that price is ridiculous for what those figures are.

Thatís what a lot of people believe but no, the licensing cost and likeness rights do not bring the price tag to $50. This is just Hasbro greed. Compare this to when McFarlane was doing sports figures and the price is double of those figures. And then thereís the Funko POP and Vinyl Premium lines which uses the same likeness and licensing and their price is the same for the figures across the board and they are affordable and kids pick them up as collectibles
Old 09-22-22, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post

This is the only photo Iíve seen of them side to side and it seems photoshopped for everyone to be on the same level but I imagine they are different sizes. One thing though is that the ball is glued to their hands.

Kids pick up Funko Pops as collectibles the same way many of us picked Starting Lineups back in the day. This is just Hasbro greed and shortsightedness

Thatís what a lot of people believe but no, the licensing cost and likeness rights do not bring the price tag to $50. This is just Hasbro greed. Compare this to when McFarlane was doing sports figures and the price is double of those figures. And then thereís the Funko POP and Vinyl Premium lines which uses the same likeness and licensing and their price is the same for the figures across the board and they are affordable and kids pick them up as collectibles
Hasbro probably pays a premium to Nike as well (which I doubt Funko pays, but who knows). But this is all kinds of terrible. There's the price, there's the NFTs, there's the lack of tattoos. If the balls are glued to the hands at least they come with a bunch of hands, but why?

And I'll admit, I did pay a premium for some enterbay nba figs (think Hot Toys) way back in the day, so I'm not going to lie, if they made some Clips or Bengals I might be tempted.