Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Comic Book Talk
Reload this Page >

Valiant 2012 - I'm loving these new books!

Community
Search
Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Valiant 2012 - I'm loving these new books!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-18, 03:05 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts
Re: Valiant 2012 - I'm loving these new books!

I've talked to some friends in the industry today, some that have worked at Valiant before and they are all in shock and pissed about this. The feeling is the same as my previous comment, where this is all about the IP and make money of it and not about the future of the comic book company.
Old 01-29-18, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,885 Posts

They should cancel half of line, make the rest of the books biweekly, and call it BIRTHQUAKE.
Old 02-02-18, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

There is little money left for a business if you are solely concerned publishing comic books in today's market. It's just not a healthy mass market anymore.

Comic books are only profitable today if the prospect of film and TV adaptations get included.
Old 02-03-18, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
There is little money left for a business if you are solely concerned publishing comic books in today's market. It's just not a healthy mass market anymore.

Comic books are only profitable today if the prospect of film and TV adaptations get included.
But the reason they're profitable to the mass market is because of the years of wok that was put into the comics. If Spider-Man Homecoming came out in a vacuum it would just be a standard science fiction movie with little appeal outside of the teenage market. No one will see Turok outside of people that know who the character is. Even Superman the motion picture, while a damn good stand alone movie about a man flying around in underwear would have very questionable staying power if he wasn't created and fleshed out in comic books.
Old 06-28-23, 10:32 AM
Banned

Received 111 Likes on 69 Posts

Valiant is once again trying to get back in the game, this time through the Alien Books publisher. Ever since DMG took over, it has been failure after failure for them. The Bloodshot movie didn't do well, most of their talent left for other companies due to not getting work or payments and their output of books has become completely sporadic. I don't think the Alien Books deal will help them at all since Valiant has basically lost the heart and soul of the company, but I hope I'm wrong since I really like the company.