Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Comic Book Talk
Reload this Page >

Digital Comic Book Discussion and Deals (Comixology, etc)

Community
Search
Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Digital Comic Book Discussion and Deals (Comixology, etc)

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-17, 05:52 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Digital Comic Book Discussion and Deals (Comixology, etc)

Anyone else using Comixology app on Kindle Fire? For the past week it has been crashing and not loading books. Luckily I have an iPad as well and it seems to be working well on that.
Old 11-08-17, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 992 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by RonG617
Anyone else using Comixology app on Kindle Fire? For the past week it has been crashing and not loading books. Luckily I have an iPad as well and it seems to be working well on that.
I don't use a Kindle Fire, but Comixology has been useless for me ever since they did the update to allow SD cards a couple of weeks ago. Every time I try to download a book, it tells me that my download location isn't configured (or something like that). The problem is, my settings are missing the "download location" tab, so I can't configure it. I'm using a rooted Nook HD+ running KitKat. The SD card functionality is supposed to work with KitKat and up, so I just assumed my problem was due to using a hacked OS, but maybe the problem is more widespread.

Are you able to download new books?
Old 11-08-17, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 240 Posts

I don't frequent this thread, but thought it might be worth sharing here. Regal theaters had a promotion for digital comics for those seeing the new Thor film.

https://www.regmovies.com/promotions/comics

Purchase tickets to Thor: Ragnarok at any participating theatre location and receive a handout at the box office with promotional codes to redeem for Marvel Digital Comic Downloads starting November 2, 2017, while supplies last.

Online ticket purchasers can get promotional codes by stopping by participating box office locations starting November 2, 2017.

Marvel Comic
Redeem the comic at www.marvel.com/redeem.
The Unworthy Thor (2016) #1

Crown Club Bonus Comics
Simply log in to the site, add the Digital Comics to your cart and enter the Crown Club promo code RCCFREECOMICS and enjoy these 2 FREE Comic downloads!
Incredible Hulk (1999) #92 – Crown Club Member Bonus Comic
Thor: God of Thunder (2012) #1 – Crown Club Member Bonus Comic

Crown Club members must be registered with a confirmed email to check out from the Reward Center
While the 2 comics from the Regal site can be redeemed using the generic code above, the one from the Marvel site is a unique code. I have 2 of them from when I went to see the movie last week. I'm happy to pass them along if anyone is interested. Just let me know.
Old 11-08-17, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 373 Likes on 267 Posts

There’s a new Top Cow Humble Bundle:

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/s...ent=cta_button
Old 11-08-17, 06:33 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The new Comixology site layout is not my favorite. The new release section really only caters to the larger publishers and they took away the Recently Added section which listed what was added to Comixology that week but was not a new release.
Old 11-08-17, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by RonG617
The new Comixology site layout is not my favorite. The new release section really only caters to the larger publishers and they took away the Recently Added section which listed what was added to Comixology that week but was not a new release.
Agreed. They don't feature sales on the homepage any more either; fortunately the [android] app retains a lot of the most up to date banners and convenient features.
Old 11-15-17, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

There’s a Bond, James Bond Humble Bundle:

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/j...ent=cta_button
Old 11-21-17, 10:16 AM

DC's 'March to Black Friday' sale seems to have some of their best prices in a while.

It seems like some of the most steeply discounted titles are the 'Legends of the Dark Knight' / 'Tales of the Batman' creator themed collections.

The 88% off Comixology is using in marketing seems to be on Swamp Thing By Scott Snyder: Deluxe Edition, a Fables cover art collection, and Boy Commandos v2.

Last edited by Undeadcow; 11-21-17 at 11:22 AM.
Old 11-21-17, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,041 Likes on 858 Posts

Yeah, after loading up on Marvel all year, I'm probably going to grab a bunch of stuff in this sale. And yeah, the stuff in the $25-35 range has nice discounts to $4.99 (including Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes vol. 1, which I own in singles but am still tempted).

Annoyingly, Amazon has reduced its prices but only to $7.76 in the examples I checked.

I sure hope they aren't basing their advertised discount on two titles. I think there are rules against that.
Old 11-21-17, 11:26 AM

I wonder what they mean by "March to Black Friday," I remember DC having a Cyber Monday sale/coupon in past years - that makes me wonder if this sale is as good as it gets on these trades or if there will end up being some better deals. Although it is hard to imagine they can beat some of these prices.

Last edited by Undeadcow; 11-21-17 at 11:52 AM.
Old 11-21-17, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Undeadcow
I wonder what they mean by "March to Black Friday," I remember DC having a Cyber Monday sale/coupon in past years - that makes me wonder if this sale is as good as it gets on these trades or if there will end up being some better deals. Although it is hard to imagine they can beat some of these prices.
That's always the risk, but my guess is "March" means they're starting a few days early, as these prices only last through Friday. It's very possible that there will be Cyber Monday deals, but my guess is that they won't be as good. That's how CM usually goes.
Old 11-21-17, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

In their recent email, Comixology's Dynamite linewide* 50% off sale with code DE50 at cart page. Ends 11/30/17 11:59pm EST.

*excludes titles released after 10/25
Old 11-21-17, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by dfmaverick2
In their recent email, Comixology's Dynamite linewide* 50% off sale with code DE50 at cart page. Ends 11/30/17 11:59pm EST.

*excludes titles released after 10/25
There are a number of collections on sale that it should stack with as well. I just need to avoid stuff I've already bought via Humble Bundle/Groupees.
Old 11-21-17, 06:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
Yeah, after loading up on Marvel all year, I'm probably going to grab a bunch of stuff in this sale. And yeah, the stuff in the $25-35 range has nice discounts to $4.99 (including Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes vol. 1, which I own in singles but am still tempted).

Annoyingly, Amazon has reduced its prices but only to $7.76 in the examples I checked.

I sure hope they aren't basing their advertised discount on two titles. I think there are rules against that.
The Amazon/Kindle end of this sale seems to be a 50% cut off of everything. It's a worse deal on collections, but if you want single issues they're half off.
Old 11-22-17, 09:52 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 681 Likes on 457 Posts

Crap. Code readcomics gives another 15% off all (at least) DC books. Unsure if multiple use.
Old 11-22-17, 01:38 PM

This DC sale is pretty wild; I'm finding myself bypassing my wishlist and just looking for 300+ page books with higher initial prices that look promising.

Crap, Trevor just posted a code... this sucks (for my wallet), I mean thank you!
Old 11-22-17, 02:08 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 681 Likes on 457 Posts

One time use only on the code, works on carts of 100 items maybe more, not that I would know Jen.....
Old 11-22-17, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,558 Posts

Geez what a mess, though. For instance, they collected a Supergirl series twice, so they have several overlapping volume 1s and 2s with almost identical pricepoints and no way to tell them apart. I realize comics are no longer for casual fans, but if you did point a casual fan to this sale, how would they find anything?

Since I'm not a casual fan, and I haven't bought anything DC in over a year, I have something like 50 items in my cart (actually I just checked and I have exactly 52!). No way I need this many comics when I haven't even made a dent in my last couple of Marvel orders.

Last edited by fujishig; 11-22-17 at 03:21 PM.
Old 11-22-17, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can’t recommend the Graphic Ink Darwyne Cooke collection enough, especially for $4.24.
Old 11-23-17, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Just spent too much in the DC sale.

That coupon was a killer because it forced me to do all my shopping in one shot. I probably spent more in the two Amazon Marvel sales, but that was one item at a time. But it saved me a ton, and because it was Trevor's fault, I used the savings to get the Moore Saga of Swamp Thing run that he always talks about.

Rather than buy everything, I focused on:

-Completing runs that I'd already partially bought (e.g., Justice League International)
-Complete runs of stuff that I've been thinking about getting for a while (New Teen Titans)
-Books I love that I want a digital version of (Aparo Brave and the Bold)
-Books I like and will dump the physical version of (various Legion incarnations)
-Golden and Silver Age archives
-Insane bargains (Tales/Legends of the Dark Knight)

So I'm shellshocked but pleased. I also added a few non-DC sale titles to take advantage of the coupon.
Old 11-24-17, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Nononono not a Marvel sale too. Omg.
Old 11-25-17, 11:34 PM

Nice try, DC, but I just bought an embarassment of $4.24 oversized trades so your 'buy one get one free' code doesnt even phase me (more than a little). This will not be the sale where I cave in to Countdown to Final Crisis, no it won't... nope.
Old 11-26-17, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Undeadcow
Nice try, DC, but I just bought an embarassment of $4.24 oversized trades so your 'buy one get one free' code doesnt even phase me (more than a little). This will not be the sale where I cave in to Countdown to Final Crisis, no it won't... nope.
So how did you like Countdown to Final Crisis after you caved? To me it was really, really bad, I mean it directly contradicts stuff that happens in Final Crisis and Death of the New Gods.
Old 11-26-17, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by fujishig
So how did you like Countdown to Final Crisis after you caved? To me it was really, really bad, I mean it directly contradicts stuff that happens in Final Crisis and Death of the New Gods.
I havent given in and bought Countdown (yet); eventually I'd like to give it a read through but with it's reputation probably will stay on the backburner.

I do wish DC would lower it's New 52 era single issue to $1.99 so I could complete a few of those series.
Old 11-26-17, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by fujishig
So how did you like Countdown to Final Crisis after you caved?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.