Search
Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Future DC Omnibuses?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-13, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Future DC Omnibuses?

I've definitely had bad luck with the way that Amazon packs their trades and HC's, but I've had my share of good luck too.

Just lack week I got Ghost Omnibus 4 and the Ravine TPB (it's 63% off) from them and both were definitely in better shape then the copies at Pulp Fiction in Long Beach, CA. When the New Teen Titans Omnibus I came out then I ordered from B&N, got a copy damaged in shipping, had them send another which was also not very good and then tried Amazon and received one in perfectly fine shape. And sometimes bad copies from Amazon are equally bad at the lcs. That's what I found last month with the King Conan: The Phoenix on the Sword TPB. Beat up around the edges at the stores I visited and beat up from Amazon.

By no means am I claiming that Amazon is great, but ime they're hit and miss and sometimes the misses are the same as what I find at the lcs.
Old 03-14-13, 12:27 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

With Amazon, a lot depends on where you live. I don't know what warehouse handles shipments to the Chicago area, but out of literally hundreds of TPBS and hardcovers I've ordered from them, I can count on one hand the number that have come in anything less than mint condition. People in other parts of the country, though, avoid Amazon like the plague because they know whatever they order is going to have banged up corners at best and may have severe damage.
Old 03-15-13, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by stingermck
Cover for the Death and Return Omnibus

Amazon's page states that it contains Death and Return of Superman but only portions of A Funeral For a Friend. I hope this is a typo because I would get this if AFFAF was complete.
Old 03-15-13, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 818 Likes on 691 Posts

The reviews I've seen for the Death of Superman omnibus are pretty happy with it. My copy hasn't arrived yet, but it includes almost everything except one or two tangential issues related to the overall story.
Old 03-19-13, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I ended up pre-ordering the DAROSuperman omnibus. I found this on another forum and here's a brief rundown and apparently it is not complete!

• new cover art • SUPERMAN: THE MAN OF STEEL #17-26 • SUPERMAN #73-82 • THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #496-505 • ACTION COMICS #683-692 • SUPERMAN: THE LEGACY OF SUPERMAN #1 • GREEN LANTERN #46 • JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #69 • introduction originally created for the 2007 edition • sketches that originally ran in the 2007 edition • pin-ups and promotional art from the story that ran in the 2007 edition • retail poster that ran in the 2007 edition • Previews Magazine cover poster that ran in the 2007 edition • cover of the 2007 edition • cover of the SUPERMAN WORLD WITHOUT SUPERMAN tpb • cover to RETURN OF SUPERMAN tp

This will cover all of "Death of superman", "A world w/o a superman", and "The return of superman." This was enough for me to pre-order.
Old 03-19-13, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Same as the last omnibus, I can live without FOAF. I'm more concerned about the recent Knightfall releases. It completely cut out Knightfall the search. You see Tim's dad get kidnapped, Bruce leaves, and then hes just randomly back. No search, no healing touch, nothing.
Old 03-20-13, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Roger Stern posted a review of Death Superman

I haven't noticed anything missing so far ...
Hi does it still omit the World Without A Superman content?

No. And it has the entirety of Action Comics #692, wherein Doctor Occult explains to Clark and Lois how Superman was able to cheat death.
@ Davidh: http://marvelmasterworksfansite.yuku...1#.UUnyWFfxdu0

Last edited by stingermck; 03-20-13 at 12:34 PM.
Old 03-20-13, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,029 Likes on 848 Posts

CHALLENGE: Those look like pictures, not reviews.