Search
Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Comic Thread for August AKA "Let's all pity b2k"

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-06, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,131 Posts
Dear Gawd,

Please please please....bring more DCU Fans to dvdtalk.
Old 08-14-06, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts
Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Dear Gawd,

Why? It seems like there are a ton of people talking about 52 and other DC titles. I'm always a month behind, so I can't join in the discussions about 52 because it's a weekly, but I still enjoy reading them.

On a DC note... how's the new Hal Jordan GL series? I'm thinking about ordering the two hardcover collections that are currently solicited.
Old 08-14-06, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dear Gawd,

I've been more of a DCU fan my entire life. I don't think there's been many times where I've collected more Marvel than DC.

I bitch because I love.
Old 08-14-06, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the last two years, I've focused mainly on DC stuff. But right now, I don't want to even think about comics. I'm just disenchanted right now. How y'all can go years and years reading the same titles is beyond me.
Old 08-14-06, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i just got done with the second UFF book and for the most part i thought it was kind of underwhelming. not horrible but not great either. i also finished vol. 4 of superman/batman and felt like i missed a whole bunch of issues. definitely not as good as the first three books.

as for DC fans, count me in. i much prefer DC to marvel.
Old 08-14-06, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Patman
Is the new Wonder Woman title (Heinberg and Dodson) a bi-monthly book or is it late?
It's very late:
Wonder Woman #2: 07/12/06 - 08/23/06
Wonder Woman #3: 08/09/06 - 09/27/06
Wonder Woman #4: 09/13/06 - 10/11/06

So far...
Old 08-14-06, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Usually there is so much DC discussion going on in here, I have no freaking clue what you guys are talking about. All I know is Superman is apparently some sort of rip off of Squadron Supreme's Hyperion character?!? What the?!?
Old 08-15-06, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by Patman
Is the new Wonder Woman title (Heinberg and Dodson) a bi-monthly book or is it late?
It's on that Planetary, Superman/Batman, Ultimates and Astonishing X-Men bi-quarterly schedule..
Old 08-15-06, 05:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'm behind on my comics and I have 2 week's worth sitting at the comic shop. Actually, counting this week it'll be 3 weeks. So I was catching up on reading and I read Batman #655 this morning... Talk about a blast from the past.

Spoiler:
Bruce's son with Talia from when they hit it in "Son of the Demon"? I guess this is no longer outside of continuity?
Old 08-15-06, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought I could fight the itch. It turns out a new shop just opened by me so I stopped by to buy this month's previews to browse through and see if anything grabs me. I haven't bought a comic in years time to go browse.
Old 08-15-06, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Did you guys hear that All Star Batman and Robin #5 is being pushed back to November 29th! What a joke! It looks like only 2 issues are coming out in 2006.
Old 08-15-06, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by innocentfreak
I thought I could fight the itch. It turns out a new shop just opened by me so I stopped by to buy this month's previews to browse through and see if anything grabs me. I haven't bought a comic in years time to go browse.
The new Demolition Comics?
Old 08-15-06, 06:36 PM

All Star Batman Sux

Originally Posted by MBoyd
Did you guys hear that All Star Batman and Robin #5 is being pushed back to November 29th! What a joke! It looks like only 2 issues are coming out in 2006.
Meh...who misses it? This has got to be the biggest disappointment of the year.

Seems Frank has gotten very lazy. I don't require writers to be reverential to the original source material, but if you're gonna recreate da Dark Knight, at least make him likeable. This Batman is just a dick.
Old 08-15-06, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

And now Civil War is delayed . . .

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=80636
Old 08-15-06, 10:20 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
The Boys #1 by Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson is GREAT! It's the story of a non-powered team that takes action against superheroes. Of course it has all the Ennis debauchery and violence.

And issue #2 should ship on the 29th, so we get a double dose of The Boys this month!
Old 08-15-06, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by MBoyd
And now Civil War is delayed . . .

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=80636
Great. Just fucking great. Are they going to get Liefield to finish the series? I know they want to have the tie-ins and everything lined up, but it sounds like it's just the MAIN mini that's slow...

Way to run an event Marvel! Let's hope DC doesn't fuck up 52 this way..
Old 08-15-06, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mraor
Meh...who misses it? This has got to be the biggest disappointment of the year.

Seems Frank has gotten very lazy. I don't require writers to be reverential to the original source material, but if you're gonna recreate da Dark Knight, at least make him likeable. This Batman is just a dick.

Old 08-16-06, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm really looking forward to The Boys. I haven't read any of the press leading up to its release save for "It's my next Preacher" or however that was worded.

I'm also really jazzed about the Wildstorm "reboot". I just fucking hope it's good. They have some stellar creative teams lined up, but they also have some delay happy artists on those books.

Digging Civil War so far and the delay doesn't bother me too much (it's sad but I almost expect delays on major titles now). I just don't get why these companies don't have most of this stuff in the can before issue 1 ships. Infinite Crisis was said to be in the works for 2-3 years, Civil War has been breweing for at least a year....so why do we get delays on the main titles? I get that the stories shift a bit sometimes, but damn.

Finally, I caught up on Runaways over the weekend and I was really let down. The book isn't bad at all, but it just doesn't do it for me.

Last edited by boredsilly; 08-16-06 at 12:49 AM.
Old 08-16-06, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Joe Molotov

Out of context. Batman was playing an asshole role and testing Robin. There were plenty of thought blurbs where Bruce was thinking as much. Even Dick, being the smart kid Bruce thought he might be, figured it out. You mean to tell me you girls didn't? Did you girls really think all that mean shit towards Dick was real?

You guys need to stop reading the first issue of a new series then giving up on them.

No wonder you're all a buncha friggin Marvel fans.

j/k

Last edited by Giantrobo; 08-16-06 at 01:07 AM.
Old 08-16-06, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Out of context. Batman was playing an asshole role and testing Robin. There were plenty of thought blurbs where Bruce was thinking as much. Even Dick, being the smart kid Bruce thought he might be, figured it out. You mean to tell me you girls didn't? Did you girls really think all that mean shit towards Dick was real?

You guys need to stop reading the first issue of a new series then giving up on them.

No wonder you're all a buncha friggin Marvel fans.

j/k
I read the first issue, and then went here for a recap on the rest.
http://www.i-mockery.com/comics/longbox7/default.php
Old 08-16-06, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Joe Molotov
I read the first issue, and then went here for a recap on the rest.
http://www.i-mockery.com/comics/longbox7/default.php

Ok, stop reading 1 issue and taking the word of some Geek with a Website.

Old 08-16-06, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wow. Marvel and their little Civil War may cost their company this year, as the schedule is pushed back. Civil War #4 doesn't hit now till September, and #5 is due in November. And everything related to it is pushed back in response.

Yikes.
Old 08-16-06, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Since these issues are going to be late for Civil War 4 and 5, my LCS retailer was thinking about upping his orders on those issues by 500 copies since they are now considered returnable for missing their ship date (otherwise Marvel would want to re-solicit the issues, that means 2-3 more months of waiting, and when you have another 7 titles being affected by the tardiness of Civil War 4 and 5, Marvel can't afford to re-solicit either). And once the issues finally come out, my retailer was going to return all the unsold issues because that's his prerogative after Marvel shipping the books so late.
Old 08-16-06, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I hope he does..

Like boredsilly said, these "event" books should already be in the can (or at least half way there..).
Old 08-16-06, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This was a pretty weak week:

Ultimate Fantastic Four 32 - Millar and Land conclude their year on UFF, and I thought the ending was a little rushed and confusing, but with the new team on-board, they had to just tie up as many loose ends as possible. I'll miss Land's art on the title, but he moving on to do Ultimate Power (9-issue maxi-series about the world of Squadron Supreme meeting up with the Ultimate universe of characters.)

Runaways 19 - the aftermath to the demise of one of the characters felt a little forced, and I wasn't really enjoying the title as much, but there are some promising joint ventures, but if this new storyline doesn't do much for me in the next 2-3 issues, I'll be dropping the book.

52 Week 15 - The Booster Gold issue that had some cartoonish art that didn't sit well with me given the story being told, and not quite digging Supernova either. There's a 2-page origin of Steel, with art by John Bogdanove.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.