**SPOILERS** Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix [open discussion]

Community
Search
Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

**SPOILERS** Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix [open discussion]

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-03, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can realize not having read the new book may make my question sound stupid, but if Harry had the ability to summon a Patronus to fend against the Death Eaters, (with his limited abilities at the time mind you,) wouldn't he have power enough to fight Voldemort? I mean he's already done it in every book in some form or other. Just thought I'd ask.
On another note, could Harry be exempted from normal schooling to train for a fight against Voldemort? By say Dumbledore or the Ministry of Magic?
Finally, who's the next to die?
Old 08-18-03, 08:39 PM
Uber Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by ajmack716
I can realize not having read the new book may make my question sound stupid, but if Harry had the ability to summon a Patronus to fend against the Death Eaters, (with his limited abilities at the time mind you,) wouldn't he have power enough to fight Voldemort? I mean he's already done it in every book in some form or other. Just thought I'd ask.
On another note, could Harry be exempted from normal schooling to train for a fight against Voldemort? By say Dumbledore or the Ministry of Magic?
Finally, who's the next to die?
The Patronus charm is meant to defeat the Dementors, not the Death Eaters, so I doubt it would have much effect on Voldermort.

As for Harry being able to fight Voldermort, yes you have to read Phoenix. Suffice it to say that you've never seen/read a Voldermort fighting at full strength.

As for Harry training, it's certainly possible, but part of this is explained away near the end of this book, and partly, think Dumbledore would want Harry to continue his education. I also don't think anyone thinks Harry's really up to facing Voldermort on his own, even with some quick training.
Old 08-20-03, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't think JK would take him out of school either. I mean the books are even labeled by years.
Old 08-27-03, 11:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by sabre
...I just saw pictures from the set of hp and poa and I am horrified. No uniforms for the kids. wrong wrong wrong. they are walking around in muggle clothing at school no way.
Can you tell me where you saw these? I'd be really interested to take a peek myself.
Old 08-28-03, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
www.mugglenet.com had links to them.
Old 08-19-05, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
Sorry if I missed it in the discussion here... but did anyone catch that Sirius die because he was acting proud? Bellatrix shoots a spell at him and he evades it, then taunts her 'is that the best you got?" then he gets the killing shot with a look of pain but also of shock... if he had sent something back to her after evading the first shot instead of taunting her, maybe he would still be alive.