Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Target deals

Old 08-27-19, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Target deals

Originally Posted by Mike86 View Post

The weird part to me is that both Walmart and Target are trying to be trendy and are carrying vinyl records now. Records take up more real estate than DVDís/Blu-rayís/CDís. Just seems kind of ass backwards to me.
Vinyl has much higher profit margins for both the label and retailer. It's why stores have experimented bringing them back while CDs have begun disappearing.

Old 08-27-19, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
Vinyl has much higher profit margins for both the label and retailer. It's why stores have experimented bringing them back while CDs have begun disappearing.
Especially with the prices I've been seeing for vinyl. Youch
Old 08-27-19, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

They'll do it with CDs eventually, if they haven't already. Hell, maybe even bring back VHS and see how duped Americans can be.

The DRM movement in the US is outrageous. They want everything digital so nobody can own anything, but still want consumers to pay extortion prices.
Old 09-22-19, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Apologize if this is old news but Target's Cartwheel is being replaced by 'Circle' on October 6th:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ks/2201464001/
Old 09-22-19, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Target is having a B2G1 on most of their movies, online and in store. It also works with some preorders (Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, Scary Stories, etc)
Old 09-22-19, 12:35 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Originally Posted by asianxcore View Post
Apologize if this is old news but Target's Cartwheel is being replaced by 'Circle' on October 6th:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ks/2201464001/
The extra 5% reward your birthday month could be cool.
Old 09-22-19, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

First I'm hearing about Circle, thanks for the heads up. Sucks that you only get 1% in rewards if you don't use a red card.
Old 09-23-19, 11:12 AM

Target has a lot of Stranger Things items on clearance: sheets, beach towels, throw pillows, etc. I picked up a couple throw pillows, just for kicks. One is "Steve" looking like an 80s teenage heartthrob and he's wearing his Scoops Ahoy! uniform, it's too funny.

I can't believe Target is going so full in on all the Stranger Things swag after those DVD, Blu-ray, and even 4K sets are warming the shelf even at ridiculous $5-$15 prices. Will be interested to see what, if anything, happens for a Season 3 (and beyond) release. I hope for more, it's one of the few times I've taken the plunge simply because the packaging is so cool.
Old 09-23-19, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by story View Post
Target has a lot of Stranger Things items on clearance: sheets, beach towels, throw pillows, etc. I picked up a couple throw pillows, just for kicks. One is "Steve" looking like an 80s teenage heartthrob and he's wearing his Scoops Ahoy! uniform, it's too funny.

I can't believe Target is going so full in on all the Stranger Things swag after those DVD, Blu-ray, and even 4K sets are warming the shelf even at ridiculous $5-$15 prices. Will be interested to see what, if anything, happens for a Season 3 (and beyond) release. I hope for more, it's one of the few times I've taken the plunge simply because the packaging is so cool.
I think Target corporate knows most media buyers aren't heavily shopping their media section anymore, so this is their gambit to pull in a similar but younger crowd.
Old 09-23-19, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Stranger Things is popular, but DVD's and blu-rays are a hard sell to most people when the content is readily available and likely always will be as long as Netflix is in business. There aren't many Stranger Things fans who don't already have a Netflix subscription. It's only people like us who still like physical media who were buying that. Swag is an easier sell.
Old 09-23-19, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mattysemo247 View Post
Target is having a B2G1 on most of their movies, online and in store. It also works with some preorders (Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, Scary Stories, etc)
I picked up preorders for the UHD versions of "Once Upon a Time In Hollywood," "Guardians of the Galaxy" and "Doctor Strange" all for right at $60 (including sales tax).
Not bad!
Old 09-23-19, 02:58 PM

For folks that have a Target closer by -- are S1 and S2 Stranger Things Bluray sets still on the shelf? The online inventory system have basically been worthless since Ingram (or equivalent) took over teh Media sections.
If so, what is the current store prices -- mainly interested in BD sets, but 4K would be an option.
Old 09-23-19, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
For folks that have a Target closer by -- are S1 and S2 Stranger Things Bluray sets still on the shelf? The online inventory system have basically been worthless since Ingram (or equivalent) took over teh Media sections.
If so, what is the current store prices -- mainly interested in BD sets, but 4K would be an option.
Funny you should ask... I was in our Target this morning to get some eye drops and decided to peruse the media section. There were at least 10 copies of season 1 on the shelf. Online shows it to be in stock at that location. No S2 in sight.
Old 09-23-19, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I asked a Target worker who was putting out ST stuff. She said itís part of the Halloween promo. Seems that all things ST is huge for Halloween this year.
Old 09-23-19, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Have you tried searching for stock using Brickseek?
Just type "stranger things blu" into the DCPI lookup, and hit the "Check Inventory" button.

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/
Old 09-23-19, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by clappj View Post
Have you tried searching for stock using Brickseek?
Just type "stranger things blu" into the DCPI lookup, and hit the "Check Inventory" button.

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/
I have, as well as Target Price Check & Inventory

Those are the sites that I've had issues with over of the last 6-10 months since they've pawned off their media stocking.
I have chased one too many titles with those sites and they have proven to be dangerously inaccurate (both directions).
I still look at those sites, but at least in my area they seem to be consistently wrong
Old 09-24-19, 09:28 AM

Is there a reason you can't order on the website and request in store pick up? That would tell you if the inventory listed online is incorrect. Is the price in store less than online? Season 1 blu ray plus DVD set is currently $10 online.
Old 09-24-19, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Classic Films View Post
Is there a reason you can't order on the website and request in store pick up? That would tell you if the inventory listed online is incorrect. Is the price in store less than online? Season 1 blu ray plus DVD set is currently $10 online.
That's sort of what I'm trying to find out without going to the store. MANY of Target's current disc are cheaper in-store when they have them.
The last several items I've tried ISPU eitehr have been cancelled or ISPU option wasn't available even though it turned out they were on the shelf when I eventually went -- closest store is 25 miles.
I have someone interested in buying S2 from overseas who would prefer the BD set and I'm not sure if I'll be able to get to one of the stores this week
Old 09-24-19, 11:17 AM

That's sort of what I'm trying to find out without going to the store. MANY of Target's current disc are cheaper in-store when they have them.
The last several items I've tried ISPU eitehr have been cancelled or ISPU option wasn't available even though it turned out they were on the shelf when I eventually went -- closest store is 25 miles.
I have someone interested in buying S2 from overseas who would prefer the BD set and I'm not sure if I'll be able to get to one of the stores this week
FYI after reading this thread I ordered Season 1 for in store pickup. It was listed as in stock but they ended up sending me this email:

2nd FYI I chose a second Target a little further away and I got notice that the blu ray is ready for pick up. Sometimes you get what you want.

Thanks so much for placing your recent order #. We went to grab the item listed below, but it looks like someone snagged the last one.

We’re sorry. We know how frustrating this is! Please visit order details to check the item’s availability at nearby stores or for ship to home.

We’ll take care of canceling the item if you don’t choose another option in the next 5 days. Again, we’re so sorry for this inconvenience. Thanks for shopping Target.

So I see what you mean. This Target was recently renovated and they shrunk the media section to one isle so it wasn't a huge surprise when they said they had no stock though as I said it was listed as in stock for in store pickup on their website,

Last edited by Classic Films; 09-24-19 at 11:26 AM.
Old 09-24-19, 01:26 PM

Decided to make the rounds today and hit a few stores in teh Target area I don't have locally.

S1 BD ($10)and S2 BD (shelf sticker $16.99/scanned 14.99) were there, but none of the 4K sets. Store inventory/brickseek say S1 BD abd S1 and 2 4K are supposed to be in store. S2 BD you can't order shipped or ISPU (says sold out, but at least the price is correct online)
S2 also didn't automatically ring up for the B2G1 and I had to go by CS and have them manually apply it.
Old 09-26-19, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Target currently has B2G1 on select 4K titles.
Old 09-27-19, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
Target currently has B2G1 on select 4K titles.
Yes, mattysemo247 posted about it back on the 22nd.
The sale should run through tomorrow.
Old 10-01-19, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Apparently, Cartwheel is no longer and it's been replaced by "Circle." Launches October 6th.

Check to see if it's available in your ZIP code: https://circle.target.com
Old 10-06-19, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Target has another B2G1 going on until 10/12. Newer releases like The Shining and Spider-Man: Far From Home on 4K are part of this one.

I now have the entire MCU (except for The Incredible Hulk) on 4K thanks to these sales!
Old 10-06-19, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's working on a bunch of preorders too. Hobbs & Shaw, GOTS8, Batman Beyond, etc.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.