Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheBang
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only like the Welcome Package. Also remember that any preliminary codes are just that and BN could pull it, change the details or exclusions anything prior to release so always a bit of YMMV until the final release date

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc. There are glitches where sometimes an excluded item will be allowed but assume that is the exception to the rule
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Max 3 GC on a single online order.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order
Return period is 14 days after delivery (possibly 30 days for members though I've never tried)
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept
The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016

STORE ONLY 15% OFF Coupons -- Unknown if multi-use or if will work on 40% Off Items
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (I)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (II)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 6/30/2017 (III) -- possibly a Member Only Code

NOTBORING (thanks logboy)
15% Off Single Item online -- unknown exp
appears to be one time use, but please report if it works more than once

15% Off Single Item
OFFERS15
GROUPON15
RMN15
CABIN15
Expiration 6/28 -not sure if 6/28 or 6/29 2:59am ET though I suspect the latter

ONLINE CODES
ALL BELOW CODES ARE EXPIRED 5/23
25% off single item
None

20% Off Online Single Item
None

15% off One Item Online --
None

Upcoming possible codes -- let me know if you find they;re active

Finally hooked up with new coupons. With the coupon reset and possible new coupon policy, all bets are off on one-time vs multiuse online or instore. Note a few new variations for the first time since 2010 or so
"New Member" Welcome Coupons ONLINE ONLY EXPIRES ONLINE August 28, 2017 2:59am ET -- these should be one-time use per member online
M9A8N4E $10 off $40+ "Home & Gift" Single Item
R9M3X8V $5 off $20+ Toy or Game Single Item
Y9V3W9J $15 off Any Turntable
U7A4V4M $5 off Vinyl LP (THIS DOESN'T APPEAR TO WORK ON CDs)
U3F7K3D $5 off $50 or more total Purchase
C3M9W9M $5 off one DVD/Blu-ray priced $10 or higher (SO FAR I HAVEN'T GOTTEN THIS TO WORK FOR ANY ITEM)

"New Member" Printable IN-STORE MEMBER ONLY Coupons Expire end of business August 27, 2017
In store Free Tall Caffé Latte with Any Café Purchase
In store $15 Off One Turntable
In store $5 Off One Vinyl LP
In Store $5 Off One DVD/Blu-ray price of $10+
In store $5 off $50 Total Transaction
Print Wikipost

Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Old 12-12-16, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

^^^ This was $13.99 about a month ago, but still a great price.
Old 12-12-16, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by zoomgirl View Post
Better Call Saul: Season 2 (Blu Ray + Ultra Violet) is $14.99, just listed!
Matching Best Buy.
Old 12-12-16, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did anybody else get a $4 Olympus Has Fallen without a UV code sheet? The Amazon page clearly says it comes with one. Both my original order and its exchange replacement are missing the code sheet. I doubt Amazon will let me keep replacing it until I find one with a code sheet.
Old 12-12-16, 06:00 PM

I had the same issue with The Leftovers Season 2. I'm just going to give up on it and return it.
Old 12-12-16, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I got a copy of Steve Jobs from Amazon that contained a code sheet but the area where the code should be printed is blank.
Old 12-12-16, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by -BeeJay- View Post
I had the same issue with The Leftovers Season 2. I'm just going to give up on it and return it.
I would contact HBO first. Had this happen once before and emailed them about it. They had me send in proof and got a code within a couple of days.
Old 12-12-16, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by trespoochies View Post
I would contact HBO first. Had this happen once before and emailed them about it. They had me send in proof and got a code within a couple of days.
It's a weird issue because on Amazon the case shows it comes with a UV copy. Mine doesn't show that. Also, I assumed that it was an HBO release and I'd get an iTunes copy, but it turns out HBO didn't release this, it's a Warner Brothers release which comes with UV only which I have no interest in. So returning it and getting my $10 back seems best to me.
Old 12-12-16, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by DWilson View Post
The Pantry credit is a bad deal for me for a number of reasons, and would only work for me if it were a cumulative credit, instead of only being able to use one $5 credit a shipment.
Crap, seriously? I've been racking up the pantry credits assuming I could use them all in one order
Old 12-12-16, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by joltman View Post
Crap, seriously? I've been racking up the pantry credits assuming I could use them all in one order
Yep... 1 per order. They *normally* will stack with the "Buy 5 get a $5.99 shipping credit" offer but that's it and only 1 will stack with *that* offer. Even then the *minimum* amount you'll pay with both credits stacking is $5.99. At least that's how it's worked out for me - on several shipments.
Old 12-13-16, 05:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by randian View Post
Did anybody else get a $4 Olympus Has Fallen without a UV code sheet? The Amazon page clearly says it comes with one. Both my original order and its exchange replacement are missing the code sheet. I doubt Amazon will let me keep replacing it until I find one with a code sheet.
I sent you a PM with a code you can have. I never use them.
Old 12-13-16, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by rw2516 View Post
I sent you a PM with a code you can have. I never use them.
Wow, that's real kind of you to help out. Now can we line up and request codes that you don't use? For sure a lot of us here will be very interesited.
Old 12-13-16, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DVDGamer View Post
Wow, that's real kind of you to help out. Now can we line up and request codes that you don't use? For sure a lot of us here will be very interesited.
I have zero interest in them. If I got it, someone can have it.
Old 12-13-16, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by randian View Post
Mine had the code and the DVD in addition to the blu ray. The current listing still mentions the digital copy.
Olympus Has Fallen (Two Disc Combo: Blu-ray / DVD + UltraViolet Digital Copy) .
Old 12-13-16, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Classic Films View Post
Mine had the code and the DVD in addition to the blu ray. The current listing still mentions the digital copy.
I guess I just got unlucky with two copies in a row missing code sheets.
Old 12-13-16, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mine didn't come with one either, and the blu I got mentioned nothing about a digital copy. I figured they were just sending out everything they had with the title on it.
Old 12-13-16, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Screwadu View Post
Mine didn't come with one either, and the blu I got mentioned nothing about a digital copy. I figured they were just sending out everything they had with the title on it.
Did it come with both a blu ray and DVD? I looked to see if there was a blu ray only version and I didn't see one except for foreign imports on Amazon. The code expires at the end of the year per the sticker. Perhaps your copy is newer stock then what I received.
Old 12-14-16, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Game of Thrones: The Complete 6th Season - $29.99

Matching Best Buy
Old 12-14-16, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Easy View Post
Game of Thrones: The Complete 6th Season - $29.99

Matching Best Buy
Grabbing this one, lowest I've seen for the blu ray. Thanks Easy
Old 12-14-16, 09:30 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Wow, also no UV code in my Amazon order of Olympus Has Fallen.
Old 12-15-16, 05:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Wow, also no UV code in my Amazon order of Olympus Has Fallen.
They probably quit including it because it's so close to the expiration date. I bet there is only one printing of these code sheets. The codes expire on 12/31/16.
Old 12-15-16, 06:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Expiration dates hardly ever mean they expire at that date. I've put in a few hundred codes into Vudu with a good majority of them being expired, and they all worked.
Old 12-15-16, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Another reason could be that the digital code is no longer offered but they are still using the same bar code. Online retailers are not changing the description because both versions are considered to be identical products.
Digital HD is only mentioned on the slipcover of Olympus Has Fallen. Nowhere on the insert cover. Buying in a store a digital code would not be offered.
London Has Fallen mentions Digital HD on the actual insert cover itself. They would have to change to cover if they stop including it.
Old 12-15-16, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

UltraViolet codes have never expired. The listed expiration dates don't mean anything. Redemption rates for digital copies are only 20-30% per movie, even for the most popular releases. Studios list an expiration date to cover their butt in case the UV platform gets abandoned.
Old 12-15-16, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Another reason could be that the digital code is no longer offered but they are still using the same bar code. Online retailers are not changing the description because both versions are considered to be identical products.
Digital HD is only mentioned on the slipcover of Olympus Has Fallen. Nowhere on the insert cover. Buying in a store a digital code would not be offered.
London Has Fallen mentions Digital HD on the actual insert cover itself. They would have to change to cover if they stop including it.
Yep, it's really hard to rely on online retailers showing the correct product because the UPC doesn't change. A few months past release date, you're gambling you'll get what you want. On the flip side, there have been a few times when I was surprised to get the better product when the image didn't show that.
Old 12-15-16, 03:16 PM

FYI, a mention of a "collectors booklet" on a DVD cover never gave the studios pause about going cheap. I'm thinking of "X-Files: Fight the Future", "Blue Velvet", and Elite's "Night of the Living Dead".

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.