Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Alice In Wonderland (1951) Disney $10 off coupon

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-11, 01:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Alice In Wonderland (1951) Disney $10 off coupon

Originally Posted by flix1

So, I went next door to Target, pricematched the BB ad and used the coupon without any issues.
I wonder if I just got a horrible employee because I got attitude when I tried to price match then use the coupon at my Target here in Glendale, CA. She told me it was one or the other. I said no thanks then waited an hour for Best Buy to open. The employee there just input the amount off at his register and off I went.
Old 02-02-11, 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by kahuna
My brother & I stopped by Aiea BB this morning after my Dr. Appt. I picked up Alice In Wonderland, Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2 & Dances With Wolves BD's. My brother picked up something for himself. We went up to the Cashier and he said he would just put everything on his debit card and I can pay him later at home. I asked the person at the register if all the blu-rays were $19.99 and she said yes and rang them up along with the item my brother brought. Total was a little over $101. I handed her the $25 in manufacture coupons. My brother was ready to scan his debit card when she told him to whole off while she scan the 3 separate coupons. He looked at the total drop to under $77. He said wow that a big drop in price. I told him I love it when it comes to purchasing Disney Blu-rays.
You bought BHC 2 =|
Old 02-02-11, 03:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Usually I have problems with the coupons if I go to the regular cashiers (they think because it is printed out it must be fake) so I just head over to Customer Service where, at my Best Buy at least, there are a few people with common sense. The guy today didn't even scan the coupon, but just manually entered it, which is fine by me.

The only time I've really had a problem in the past is when trying to combine the coupon with another actual offer (buy two titles together and save), which I can technically see as not being allowed with the coupon, but usually I can get them to do it anyway.
Old 02-02-11, 04:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My BB was completely sold out so I got a pm at Target and used the coupon there. By looking at the shelf space for Alice in BB, they didn't seem to have many copies to begin with, maybe fifteen at the most. I thought that was kind of strange since Disney animated films are usually heavily promoted in a standee.
Old 02-02-11, 07:08 AM

My Amazon Prime Two-Day shipping did NOT come through for me.

I got an email around 3PM saying my shipment might be delayed due to the weather. It's not raining or snowing here, or at least it wasn't last night! Stupid UPS. I sent an angry email to Amazon, and I better get my package today. I told them I would've bought it at Best Buy if I had known it would be delayed.
Old 02-02-11, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

geez
Old 02-02-11, 07:50 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Was denied at Best Buy yesterday because "my manager says we do not accept those coupons". Ended up pricematching at Target. They accepted it with no problem.
Old 02-02-11, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Neil M.
I learned a while back that it's best to just go to Target or Walmart and price match. For some reason, Best Buy can't get their act together about these coupons.
That has been my strategy for at least a couple years too because I've been denied using manufacturer coupons on sale items at BB far more times than not (at least 4 to 1). Sometimes it works at BB, but it's a huge YMMV in my area and usually not worth the time and effort to go into BB when there is a Target next door. On rare occasions (maybe 1 out of 6 times) a Target employee will not allow a coupon with a pricematch in which case if the difference is more than a few dollars I go to another Target or Walmart (though after my last Walmart experience I'm not so sure about using coupons there any more), but Target has always allowed these coupons on whatever the current sale price is without making a fuss as my BB usually does. Notice that other people post they've never had a problem at BB, but I think enough people post having problems every time there's 1 of these Disney coupons that there's plenty of evidence it isn't exclusively the BB stores in my area that are chronic coupon deniers.

I am a bit surprised to see that so many people are reporting their BB stores are out of stock of AIW. Any time there is a coupon involved (which is most of the time) and they're having a good price on an animated classic, all stores should be able to figure out (by now) they need a good quantity on release day to last through (most of) the week.

As usual, I got mine at Target, and while the employee started to scrutinize the coupon and said I don't know if I can use this with a pricematch, I said the price I pay doesn't matter because the manufacturer will reimburse Target $10 regardless, and she put it through.
Old 02-02-11, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Brent L
I got my copy from Amazon today. I just found it on the front porch about to get soaked by the rain, so thank God I found it in time.
If it got soaked, you could've told Amazon and they probably would've credited you another $10 or $20 making your final price -$12.01 or -$22.01 instead of just a mere -$2.01 for Alice in Wonderland BD. :-)
Old 02-02-11, 08:55 AM

There are some employees at Best Buy who are personally offended if you use a coupon and get something for a better price.
Old 02-02-11, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,210 Likes on 4,236 Posts

Absolutely no problems at by local Best Buy last night. They just took $10 off, didn't even scan the coupon. I impulsively grabbed a copy of Almost Famous as well.
Old 02-02-11, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

For those that are Silver Members, just call your Silver Help number. Explain that you have always used these manufacturer coupons and are now being declined. There is potential of the operator doing a Customer Satisfaction drop of 1000 points to your account. I AM NOT SAYING call just to get a credit. But if you get declined, this is a way to actually get twice the coupon value on some other item later.... and then you can choose where you actually buy Alice...
Old 02-02-11, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by b2net
For those that are Silver Members, just call your Silver Help number. Explain that you have always used these manufacturer coupons and are now being declined. There is potential of the operator doing a Customer Satisfaction drop of 1000 points to your account. I AM NOT SAYING call just to get a credit. But if you get declined, this is a way to actually get twice the coupon value on some other item later.... and then you can choose where you actually buy Alice...
Good idea,

If any of you are having problems using the coupons at BB you should definitely contact them. I sent them an email through their help forum about a year ago and even after I told her I bought it at another store the lady was very helpful and sent me a $10 gift card.

Besides that one time I have never had problems with the disney ones before, including combining with a price match.

It seems to be a frequent occurrence over there because I see allot of the same posts, I don't know if they actually do anything when they ask for store information to fix the problem in the future but they seem to be helpful at least to point out the store was wrong.

As far as I have read according to their policy, if it is a Best Buy coupon it is supposed to come off the regular price but if it is a manufacturer's coupon they are supposed to treat it as payment. It is supposed to come off the sale price. Also they are supposed to allow price matching and using the coupon. So if you get told something different I would try to contact them.
Old 02-02-11, 10:18 AM

Couldn't get the coupon to print. First time signing up for rewards, and my computer was having some connection problems... clicked refresh and then it gave me a message saying maximum number of coupons printed. So I followed the instructions posted earlier in this thread about clicking under unlocked offers under DMR, and same message. Signed up under a different email address and it said maximum number of coupons printed on my first attempt under the new account. Printing this under mac osx 10.4. Better luck next time around.
Old 02-02-11, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Seriously? You do know airports around the mid-west were closed and thousands of flights were cancelled as a result.

Just because it isn't snowing where YOU live packages are routed through these CLOSED airports.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110202/...rlines_weather

Originally Posted by FranklinShepard
My Amazon Prime Two-Day shipping did NOT come through for me.

I got an email around 3PM saying my shipment might be delayed due to the weather. It's not raining or snowing here, or at least it wasn't last night! Stupid UPS. I sent an angry email to Amazon, and I better get my package today. I told them I would've bought it at Best Buy if I had known it would be delayed.

Last edited by Nugent; 02-02-11 at 12:31 PM.
Old 02-02-11, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Nugent
Seriously? You do know airports around the mid-west were closed and thousands of flights were cancelled as a result.

Just because it isn't snowing where YOU live packages are routed through these CLOSED airports.
Nope. I live in upper Manhattan, right near the Bronx. The package was in the Bronx yesterday morning. It was not raining or snowing all day yesterday in NYC, except for a light misting yesterday morning. Inclement weather is not an excuse UPS can give for not bringing my package to my apartment, which is less than 10 miles away. According to their website, it will be delivered today - well, today is MUCH worse here. The roads are incredibly icy, and there is freezing rain.
Old 02-02-11, 01:02 PM

I live in CT and I had the same UPS issue yesterday for Let Me In. Same thing: Out for delivery at 6:00am, then a BS message that it couldn't be delivered due to snow. It stopped snowing around 8:00am and I drove around all day.

Last week, UPS did the same thing, except the storm was on Tuesday and the delivery was on Friday. There was absolutely NO reason that snow on Tuesday should impact a delivery on Friday. They just take advantage of that code when they don't want to stay out and deliver everything on the truck.
Old 02-02-11, 01:38 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ozzfan84
I live in CT and I had the same UPS issue yesterday for Let Me In. Same thing: Out for delivery at 6:00am, then a BS message that it couldn't be delivered due to snow. It stopped snowing around 8:00am and I drove around all day.
Maybe your life just sucks. Which is probably why you're sweating the arrival of a Hollywood remake of a better film.

Last edited by ctyankee; 02-02-11 at 01:44 PM.
Old 02-02-11, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^ Snap!
Old 02-02-11, 02:53 PM

For fun I called up my 2 nearest BB stores to ask if they would accept a Disney manufacturer coupon on a new release BD that's on sale. The first woman said I think so, and I asked her to ask a supervisor to be sure. She then came back and said the supervisor said no mfg. coupons are allowed on sale items. I then called the other store and was told mfg. coupons are always allowed, even on sale items, but they can't be combined with any other coupons or a PM. So only 1 out of 2 stores would've allowed it. I did this (only took a few minutes as they actually answered the phones quickly) solely to prove my point that at BB it varies by store and the supervisor on duty.

Not surprisingly this 2nd BB is the one where I'm usually forced to go when I get denied at the other (closer to me) ones and want something really bad and for some reason can't get it at Target or Walmart. I have to conclude that the supervisor at this more distant store is not a hardnose like most of the others are. If Disney didn't intend coupons to be used on sale items and they know that almost all stores have these on sale the first week, then they wouldn't issue them or make them valid only during that week.

A piece of advice for those who don't want to waste their time and get denied using a coupon is to call up your store, and ask someone in customer service the coupon policy of the moment. If that person says it's OK, get that person's name and make sure he or she will still be there when you go to use the coupon.
Old 02-02-11, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by ctyankee
Maybe your life just sucks. Which is probably why you're sweating the arrival of a Hollywood remake of a better film.
I would be upset if this didn't come from someone who took 6+ minutes and multiple post edits to type an insult on the internet.
Old 02-02-11, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by Manzana
For fun I called up my 2 nearest BB stores to ask if they would accept a Disney manufacturer coupon on a new release BD that's on sale. The first woman said I think so, and I asked her to ask a supervisor to be sure. She then came back and said the supervisor said no mfg. coupons are allowed on sale items. I then called the other store and was told mfg. coupons are always allowed, even on sale items, but they can't be combined with any other coupons or a PM. So only 1 out of 2 stores would've allowed it. I did this (only took a few minutes as they actually answered the phones quickly) solely to prove my point that at BB it varies by store and the supervisor on duty.

Not surprisingly this 2nd BB is the one where I'm usually forced to go when I get denied at the other (closer to me) ones and want something really bad and for some reason can't get it at Target or Walmart. I have to conclude that the supervisor at this more distant store is not a hardnose like most of the others are. If Disney didn't intend coupons to be used on sale items and they know that almost all stores have these on sale the first week, then they wouldn't issue them or make them valid only during that week.

A piece of advice for those who don't want to waste their time and get denied using a coupon is to call up your store, and ask someone in customer service the coupon policy of the moment. If that person says it's OK, get that person's name and make sure he or she will still be there when you go to use the coupon.
For someone who is known around here for having long stories about bad Best Buy experiences, you sure do spend a lot of time in and around them.
Old 02-02-11, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was able to use the $10 coupon with some minor problems today at my local Best Buy. I ordered it online and did a in store pick up to make sure they would have a copy waiting for me. However for some reason when I went to pick it up at the store they couldn't scan the coupon, and said I would have to come back or call them to get the $10 off applied to my purchase. They took the coupon and stapled it to my paper work for the order, so I would not need to return to the store. Since I had to run some errands I decided to drop back by the store later, since I figured I would probably run into some problems trying to handle it over the phone. Good thing I did because the woman helping me in customer service only wanted to give me 10% off. Fortunately the manager was around and remembered me, and was able to get the $10 coupon refunded on my purchase.
Old 02-02-11, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I was able to use the $10 coupon with some minor problems today at my local Best Buy. I ordered it online and did a in store pick up to make sure they would have a copy waiting for me. However for some reason when I went to pick it up at the store they couldn't scan the coupon, and said I would have to come back or call them to get the $10 off applied to my purchase. They took the coupon and stapled it to my paper work for the order, so I would not need to return to the store. Since I had to run some errands I decided to drop back by the store later, since I figured I would probably run into some problems trying to handle it over the phone. Good thing I did because the woman helping me in customer service only wanted to give me 10% off. Fortunately the manager was around and remembered me, and was able to get the $10 coupon refunded on my purchase.
I did not realize that any Best Buys would let you apply a coupon to an in-store pickup.
Old 02-02-11, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by redstang93
Was denied at Best Buy yesterday because "my manager says we do not accept those coupons". Ended up pricematching at Target. They accepted it with no problem.
Same thing just happened to me, but there was no Target nearby. The cahsier was nice enough about it and voluntarily checked with his manager who came over and also was nice enough. He just told me that Best Buy opted out of the program and was told by his general manager directly not to take the coupons. I mentioned other Best Buys have been taking them and he said there was some lag time between corporate and the individual chains in not accepting them, so other might take it.

I was there picking up Manchurian Candidate and Thomas Crown Affair, so at least I didn't drive there for nothing, but still a little peeved I didn't get Alice. Need to try another BB soon.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.