Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Alice In Wonderland (1951) Disney $10 off coupon

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-11, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Alice In Wonderland (1951) Disney $10 off coupon

Originally Posted by vmars
The person I talked to there said $39.99, my jaw dropped and I said never mind and walked out of the store. Then went to best buy to get it for $11.
Yikes, hopefully it was just a confused employee who was looking at the MSRP and not the sale price.

I'll be heading out in a little bit, and will update the thread with my success/failure =D

EDIT: My TRU didn't get any... or Bev Hills 2... But the instore price is $29.99

Last edited by Hiro0015; 02-01-11 at 01:40 PM. Reason: update from toys r us
Old 02-01-11, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MinLShaw
Well, my wife called to let me know she took the coupon to Walmart, got them to price-match Best Buy's $19.99 and then successfully applied the coupon.
Did she mention what it was marked at before price-matching? (Thanks!)
Old 02-01-11, 02:20 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by gryffinmaster
Did she mention what it was marked at before price-matching? (Thanks!)

I can't speak for his walmart, but my walmart had it priced at 24.96

I had them price match Best Buy and then gave them the 10.00 coupon.

Great deal!
Old 02-01-11, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Maul
I can't speak for his walmart, but my walmart had it priced at 24.96

I had them price match Best Buy and then gave them the 10.00 coupon.

Great deal!
Do they price match at the register or do you have to go to customer service?
Old 02-01-11, 03:33 PM

anyone get it to work at the BB in glendale, ca?
Old 02-01-11, 03:57 PM

I had to deal with an absolute jackass at Best Buy.

I brought up a stack of about 5 of the new BB exclusive movies and Alice. I gave the woman the coupon for Alice and she said, "You can't use it because the movie is on sale. If you want to, we can charge the regular price (29.99) and then take the coupon off, but it will be the same price."

I calmly explained that this was not a BB coupon, but a manufacturer's coupon that they mail in and get reimbursed for. Then she got sassy with me. Long story short, I told her I'm a silver member who buys things from BB at least twice a week--that I've bought every Disney release the day of and used a coupon every time and I've never had this problem. I asked what I have to do to get it for the right price. She calls over someone else, and as he walks over she goes, "He's just gonna tell you the same thing."

I was done with her, so I just looked at her and said, "No he won't."

Meanwhile, my girlfriend is buying her copy in another line and the cashier knows what she's doing, so that transaction is going fine.

The guy the idiot I was dealing with came over and she said to him, "We can only take this coupon off the full price, right?" He agrees with her and starts to tell me they can't do it. I re-explain manufacturers coupons to him. In the middle of it, my girlfriend walks by with her transaction done. I ask for her receipt and say, "Look they just did it for her a minute ago."

Then the guy says they'll make a one time exception. He rang it through and put "customer satisfaction" in the comments for the reason on the discount and took the coupon.

Seriously, as a customer, I should not know more about the store policies than the people they employ. Furthermore, I don't feel like listening to the sass of some half-wit employee who simply doesn't know what she's talking about.

Like I said, I've never had this problem in the past. I've bought EVERY new release Disney BD with these coupons at BB and they've never done this. I know it's not too big a deal because they ended up taking it anyways, but it's frustrating that they make it like they're doing you a big favor when they misinterpret and mess up their own policy.
Old 02-01-11, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by ozzfan84
I had to deal with an absolute jackass at Best Buy.

I brought up a stack of about 5 of the new BB exclusive movies and Alice. I gave the woman the coupon for Alice and she said, "You can't use it because the movie is on sale. If you want to, we can charge the regular price (29.99) and then take the coupon off, but it will be the same price."

I calmly explained that this was not a BB coupon, but a manufacturer's coupon that they mail in and get reimbursed for. Then she got sassy with me. Long story short, I told her I'm a silver member who buys things from BB at least twice a week--that I've bought every Disney release the day of and used a coupon every time and I've never had this problem. I asked what I have to do to get it for the right price. She calls over someone else, and as he walks over she goes, "He's just gonna tell you the same thing."

I was done with her, so I just looked at her and said, "No he won't."

Meanwhile, my girlfriend is buying her copy in another line and the cashier knows what she's doing, so that transaction is going fine.

The guy the idiot I was dealing with came over and she said to him, "We can only take this coupon off the full price, right?" He agrees with her and starts to tell me they can't do it. I re-explain manufacturers coupons to him. In the middle of it, my girlfriend walks by with her transaction done. I ask for her receipt and say, "Look they just did it for her a minute ago."

Then the guy says they'll make a one time exception. He rang it through and put "customer satisfaction" in the comments for the reason on the discount and took the coupon.

Seriously, as a customer, I should not know more about the store policies than the people they employ. Furthermore, I don't feel like listening to the sass of some half-wit employee who simply doesn't know what she's talking about.

Like I said, I've never had this problem in the past. I've bought EVERY new release Disney BD with these coupons at BB and they've never done this. I know it's not too big a deal because they ended up taking it anyways, but it's frustrating that they make it like they're doing you a big favor when they misinterpret and mess up their own policy.
Wow i'm sorry about that, I work with dumbasses at Best Buy as well that would do some shit like that to you but it's really simple there shouldn't be an override at all. If the coupon doesn't scan and is authentic you just hit manufacturer's coupon, enter the 10 dollars to be taken off and then you just ring up and put void on teh coupon and put it in the drawer.

It's not that hard, some people are idiots.
Old 02-01-11, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I've never had a problem using a coupon at Best Buy.
Old 02-01-11, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
I've never had a problem using a coupon at Best Buy.
Even with all the publicity these coupons get, I STILL have employees of Best Buy act like they're fakes. I don't seem to have that problem in Walmart or Target, though.
Old 02-01-11, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Idioteque...
Wow i'm sorry about that, I work with dumbasses at Best Buy as well that would do some shit like that to you but it's really simple there shouldn't be an override at all. If the coupon doesn't scan and is authentic you just hit manufacturer's coupon, enter the 10 dollars to be taken off and then you just ring up and put void on teh coupon and put it in the drawer.

Believe me, I love BB and I love most BB employees! However, it seems like after the holidays, there have been a lot of new employees that are unhelpful and unwilling to even listen to the customer.

At one point, I said to them, "Think of it this way: You're charging me $10 and Disney will send a check for $10. That makes it the $20 you're selling them for. If you charge me $20 and take the coupon, you're getting $30 for my purchase instead of $20." They just looked at me like I was annoying them.
Old 02-01-11, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Idioteque...

Same thing happened with me today, first time I've ever had a problem using a disney coupon at best buy. I just looked at him and said "the coupon only lasts a week, why would they put it out if you guys won't accept it?" He finally manually entered it in after he could tell that I was upset with him.
Old 02-01-11, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

I learned a while back that it's best to just go to Target or Walmart and price match. For some reason, Best Buy can't get their act together about these coupons.
Old 02-01-11, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by micmac36
anyone get it to work at the BB in glendale, ca?
Yeah I ve never had any issues at either the glendale or West hollywood best buys. I was at the Glendale/los feliz store at open this morning and out the door 2 seconds latter.
Old 02-01-11, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I usually have issues using these at one particular Best Buy too ... and many of the employees there recognize me, since I pick up stuff from in-store pickup about once a week.

In any case, planned to use this at Best Buy, but when I got there, they were completely out. That was at 4pm in the middle of a blizzard. I asked an employee if they had any, he checked the system and said there still should be 1. After 15 minutes, they couldn't find it. I thanked them for their time.

So, I went next door to Target, pricematched the BB ad and used the coupon without any issues.
Old 02-01-11, 07:56 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

89 cents out the door after DMR coupon and Reward Zone certificates
Old 02-01-11, 08:14 PM

i didn't have a problem using the coupon either at bestbuy
Old 02-01-11, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by ozzfan84
Believe me, I love BB and I love most BB employees! However, it seems like after the holidays, there have been a lot of new employees that are unhelpful and unwilling to even listen to the customer.

At one point, I said to them, "Think of it this way: You're charging me $10 and Disney will send a check for $10. That makes it the $20 you're selling them for. If you charge me $20 and take the coupon, you're getting $30 for my purchase instead of $20." They just looked at me like I was annoying them.
Well usually the number of employees they keep is like 3-5 or 10 from seasonal at max but trust me some of the people I work with are assholes when it comes to this, I mean if a customer gets me doing all this shit I get frustrated but I understand where they're coming from and it's my job to help them out.

But I'm glad that most of you guys got the movie for the price after some convincing.
Old 02-01-11, 09:00 PM
Mao

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by vmars
Same thing happened with me today, first time I've ever had a problem using a disney coupon at best buy. I just looked at him and said "the coupon only lasts a week, why would they put it out if you guys won't accept it?" He finally manually entered it in after he could tell that I was upset with him.
I was shocked to have any difficulty with this coupon today, too. Granted, I held up the line waiting for the manager to come to point out that at the bottom of the coupon it says "Not to be combined with any other offer". Didn't realize a sale was actually an offer. I pointed out that I'd never had a single problem with using these coupons first days of sale. "I'll do it for you this one time."

I also picked up "Killers" since the tag said $9.99....I was halfway home when I said to myself "I bet that f*cker scanned at $12.99", since I saw the same BR with a tag for $12.99 elsewhere in the store.

Sure enouigh, when I got home outta the frigid air...yup, $12.99....I just know when I go back to whine on Sunday, the tags will be long gone.....
Old 02-01-11, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my copy from Amazon today. I just found it on the front porch about to get soaked by the rain, so thank God I found it in time.
Old 02-01-11, 09:28 PM

Used the coupon at Best Buy today with no issues. It didn't scan so the cashier had to manually type it in.
Old 02-01-11, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Picked it up tonight at my local Target.

No problems as usual there.
Old 02-01-11, 10:07 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Wow. Just took a quick look but Alice In Wonderland looks even better than I thought it would.
Old 02-01-11, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Girl at BB looked at the coupon like a hawk and then proceeded to ring it through. Usually Target just scans the damn coupon and is done with it. BB are always kind of jagoffs about coupons and sometimes pricematching, like we're trying to swindle them.
Old 02-01-11, 11:33 PM

Gonna get this tomorrow, along with Apocalypse Now..
Old 02-01-11, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 363 Likes on 215 Posts

My brother & I stopped by Aiea BB this morning after my Dr. Appt. I picked up Alice In Wonderland, Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2 & Dances With Wolves BD's. My brother picked up something for himself. We went up to the Cashier and he said he would just put everything on his debit card and I can pay him later at home. I asked the person at the register if all the blu-rays were $19.99 and she said yes and rang them up along with the item my brother brought. Total was a little over $101. I handed her the $25 in manufacture coupons. My brother was ready to scan his debit card when she told him to whole off while she scan the 3 separate coupons. He looked at the total drop to under $77. He said wow that a big drop in price. I told him I love it when it comes to purchasing Disney Blu-rays.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.