Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Bluray deals at Blockbuster

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Bluray deals at Blockbuster

Old 02-19-11, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Bluray deals at Blockbuster

picked up gandhi and an extra zodiac today, if anyone is interested in zodiac pm me a trade list.
Old 02-19-11, 09:23 PM

If anyone lives in the Asheville, NC area I saw both Hot Rod and Zodiac in one of the stores there. I'm sorry I can't remember which one, it was dark and I got lost and just ended up there. So, I would suggest just calling the stores (I believe there are 3 in Asheville). While there, I took advantage of the 2 for 15.00 deal and picked up Eyes Wide Shut and 9. Happy hunting, everyone!
Old 02-19-11, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Decided to stop by a different store today. Found copies of Hot Rod, Zodiac, There Will Be Blood, and Into the Wild. 30 bucks and I'm a happy man.
Old 02-19-11, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No copies of Zodiac in my entire city apparently Shame, I really wanted that one. If anyone has an extra and there is one they can't find, I can check my local ones and see if it's there for a trade

I did however, get Adventureland, and Jay and Silent Bob strike back for 15, so it wasn't a total wash
Old 02-20-11, 01:49 AM

Really good used blu-ray prices. Today I picked up Push & Zodiac for $15. Still trying to find Hot Rod. Anyone willing to trade a Hot Rod for a Zodiac?
Old 02-20-11, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

went into a couple of closing down ones and for signing up for a free 1 month trial to bb online I got a free pv movie at 9.99 or less, 2 sodas, 2 candies, 1 microwave popcorn, free rental coupon. And since the computer screwed up and said my email was already in use but signed me up for it anyways unbeknowest to us I signed up twice so got 2 of all of those. Just need to cancel one now :P
Old 02-20-11, 10:47 PM

Got my copy of Zodiac today, no other $10 titles I wanted, so I couldn't take advantage of the sale, but left happy enough.
Old 02-20-11, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'll trade someone something for a copy of zodiac. My dvdaf is dmdragon.dvdaf.com

Keep in mind this is not a trade list, just a list of everything I have, so I may not trade if you ask for a specific title, but hopefull there is one that you would want that I would be willing to get rid of.
Old 02-21-11, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ok, so this is awesome. I called a local BB and asked about zodiac, she said they had one to rent but no pv's. She said it's moritorium so she would convert it to pv for me so i could use it with the 2 for 15.. That is freaking awesome.
Old 02-21-11, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

is there a complete list of closing stores?
Old 02-21-11, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 57 Likes on 50 Posts

2 of my stores are closing. Grabbed an extra Hot Rod and Zodiac (which is up for trade for Paranormal Activity 2 only).
Old 02-21-11, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

couple stores near here are starting their liquidation on thursday. I may go and see if i can pick up some extras of those then.
Old 02-21-11, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 57 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdragon View Post
couple stores near here are starting their liquidation on thursday. I may go and see if i can pick up some extras of those then.
Thursday is the last rental day. Friday is way they start to liquidate (according my my two stores). Gonna grab a bunch more cheap titles at that point.
Old 02-22-11, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The store I popped into didn't even have the 2 for $15 sale. So bummed....
Old 02-22-11, 10:06 AM

Stopped by the Blockbuster off of Van Nuys Blvd. (Sherman Oaks) last night to see if they had Zodiac, turns out they didn't...at least not for purchase.

Had the clerk call up the Laurel Canyon store, who supposedly had one copy, and was told they misplaced their copy.

Here's where things got interesting...

The clerk paused for a few seconds, then walked over to the rental section and grabbed Zodiac off the shelf. He walked behind the counter, removed the rental tag and sold me the disc for $9.99. Very cool.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 02-22-11, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nycdude View Post
The store I popped into didn't even have the 2 for $15 sale. So bummed....
Yesterday was the last day of the sale.

Originally Posted by dead000 View Post
Nope...unless you count the guy 6 posts up from you.
Old 02-22-11, 12:26 PM

There are four Blockbusters in my area starting their liquidation sales Friday. The only question is, how to explain multiple Blockbuster charges on the credit card to the husband.
Old 02-22-11, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Stopped by the Blockbuster off of Van Nuys Blvd. (Sherman Oaks) last night to see if they had Zodiac, turns out they didn't...at least not for purchase.

Had the clerk call up the Laurel Canyon store, who supposedly had one copy, and was told they misplaced their copy.

The clerk paused for a few seconds, then walked over to the rental section and grabbed Zodiac off the shelf. He walked behind the counter, removed the rental tag and sold me the disc for $9.99. Very cool.

Umm is this a trick question? Yes?
Old 02-22-11, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by glassdragon View Post
Umm is this a trick question? Yes?
Apparently it was.

Didn't see your post above when I posted.

Have never had anything remotely resembling good customer service at my Blockbuster. Was a pleasant surprise.
Old 02-23-11, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Apparently it was.

Didn't see your post above when I posted.

Have never had anything remotely resembling good customer service at my Blockbuster. Was a pleasant surprise.
I agree, I called them and asked if they had a pv. She said they only had a rental, but I could rent it and then keep it, then she said "You know what? I'll pull it from the shelf and convert it for you" I was very thankful.
Old 02-23-11, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I got the Zodiac in Laurel Canyon and also in Sherman Oaks.

I guess youre a leftover of my aquisitions... sorry

Old 02-23-11, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stopped by the Blockbuster in Charleston WV today to see if they had Zodiac, turns out they didn't...at least not for purchase. Here's where things got interesting...

The clerk paused for a few seconds, then she walked over to the rental section and grabbed Zodiac off the shelf. She walked behind the counter, removed the rental tag and sold me the disc for $9.99. I thought that was very cool of her. Has this happened to anyone else?

It does work. I'm glad I thought of this.

Spoiler:
Thanks guys.
Old 02-23-11, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Is there any way to find out which stores in your area are closing without calling or driving to each one of them?

I couldn't find a store closing list on Blockbuster.com. I called a few nearby stores where I almost universally got immediately put on hold (the first thing they say is "Blockbuster, could you please hold" and you're on hold before you could even say "no" or "is your store closing?"). Then they come back about 5 minutes later. Who knows what they're doing... probably only 2 employees in each store talking to each other and maybe the occasional customer. I haven't been in a Blockbuster for about a year now.

Anyway, it's too much effort to spend all that time on hold to find out which ones are closing. Google didn't show any readable lists. Of the 4 I called, I found 1 that is closing. Based on what I could figure out so far, it appears Blockbuster is keeping 1 store roughly every 5 miles apart (previously they were about 2 miles apart and very convenient... now none of them are on my normal drive path).
Old 02-23-11, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by xage View Post
I got the Zodiac in Laurel Canyon and also in Sherman Oaks.

I guess youre a leftover of my aquisitions... sorry
How so? I got one.
Old 02-23-11, 11:31 PM

i wish there was one within a reasonable distance, I can only hope they have blurays around the blockbuster at my parents house.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.