Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

$10 Gift Cert. From BB Reward Zone- Merry Christmas.

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

$10 Gift Cert. From BB Reward Zone- Merry Christmas.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-10, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Re: $10 Gift Cert. From BB Reward Zone- Merry Christmas.

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Oh crap, so is everyone going to call BB back now and say their friend got 2500 points, so they should too?

Congrats to you, but I hope this doesn't start something...
In the voice of Willie Nelson......On the phone again. I just can't wait to get on the phone again.
Old 12-21-10, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks OP! Just called and got $10!!!
Old 12-21-10, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was just a very misguided promotion by BB. Unless it's a stated contest or a lottery with a fixed number of chances and winners, you just can't expect people to sit idly by while others are rewarded for doing absolutely nothing different than you are. BB needed to establish some specific and explicit guidelines and rules for this promotion, but they didn't. Even now you can get multiple answers and resolutions to inquiries about the promotion, as to who is eligible and who isn't.

If people ultimately take advantage of the situation, while it may not justify it, the blame lies solely with Best Buy. If they are going to treat a corporate promotion like a game of roulette, where just by chance some win and some lose, they are going to have to expect a certain amount of understandable resentment. It's not the way retail corporations are supposed to do things.
Old 12-21-10, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

After calling for a third time to get this thing fixed, think it is. First time was told it was in an old account and was given number to reactivate old account to get certificate. Second time was told all I needed was to reset password and was sent new password. That didn't work. Today I called and guy said I had 3 accounts but only 1 was active (dont know how that is possible) and he would merge my other accounts into one account. Said my rewards would be on within 7 business days. He also found a in store pickup where I didn't receive credit for and he posted that to the account to.
Old 12-21-10, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel
Do you have anything to add other than trying to bait me?
"Get off your high horse" isn't baiting? Really??!?!?!??

It's not a big deal either way. I don't have ANY problem with people calling and asking. I actually called last Friday. I am a silver rewards member and used the special line for that so it took a total of 5 minutes. She said I was supposed to get a $20 certificate and she credited my account with 1000 points. But I can promise you if the rep had said, you are not eligible or it is for certain members who have or haven't purchased with us in X amount of time, that would have been the end of it. I would have said, Thank You I just wanted to check. I would never have threatened them with denying my patronage in the future. And I never would call a completely different company and ask for a gift cert. because best buy is giving them out.

But to each his own. That is just me and my opinion. No hard feelings. I will remain silent on the subject from here on.

Last edited by SoonerDoc; 12-21-10 at 05:13 PM.
Old 12-21-10, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Called on Sunday and was given 1000 points since I have recent purchases (Despicable Me last Tuesday is pretty recent, hard to argue that one)
Old 12-21-10, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I emailed BB on Sunday and this is the reply I got today:

"I would be delighted to help you with this! Being that yo had a certificate that was used recently, you were not eligible to receive the promotional certificate. No worries, as a courtesy, I have added 500 points to your account and they will post within the next 3-10 days. Your certificate will expire 90 days from the date it is issued. It has been a pleasure to assist you with this, should you have any other questions please remember that we are only an email away!

Thank you so much for being a part of Reward Zone! Have a wonderful holiday season!"

I used the RZ certificate on a Dvd on 12/13 that I had for over 2 months. I still have not received the Dvd but I did receive an email from BB asking me to fill out a questionaire about my order.
Old 12-21-10, 09:21 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Called and got $20. Not bad.
Old 12-21-10, 09:22 PM

I just got off the phone to see why the points were added to my account and then removed, and was told because of the "high call volume" they are receiving in regards to this mass email that was sent out, it will take about 7 days for it to post and receive the GC, not the 48 hours as I was previously told. And for my inconvenience, she went ahead and adjusted the points total to give me the $20 GC instead of $10.

That wasn't my intention when calling, but Ill gladly take it!
Old 12-21-10, 09:34 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Took about 10 minutes for the RZ number to pick up :lol
Old 12-21-10, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Took about 10 minutes for the RZ number to pick up :lol
Really? I called and got right through. Wasn't on hold at all, surprisingly.
Old 12-21-10, 09:49 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

wow, just got an email back from me asking if I was eligible or not. Said that they're adding 1000 points to my account. very nice.
Old 12-21-10, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc
"Get off your high horse" isn't baiting? Really??!?!?!??

It's not a big deal either way. I don't have ANY problem with people calling and asking. I actually called last Friday. I am a silver rewards member and used the special line for that so it took a total of 5 minutes. She said I was supposed to get a $20 certificate and she credited my account with 1000 points. But I can promise you if the rep had said, you are not eligible or it is for certain members who have or haven't purchased with us in X amount of time, that would have been the end of it. I would have said, Thank You I just wanted to check. I would never have threatened them with denying my patronage in the future. And I never would call a completely different company and ask for a gift cert. because best buy is giving them out.

But to each his own. That is just me and my opinion. No hard feelings. I will remain silent on the subject from here on.
A consumer is entitled to voice his or her unhappiness with a company when it appears, he is not being given the same treatment as other customers, and its his or her's right to say "that if they dont want to treat their customers equally that they will take their business else where in the future."

Like i said earlier in my case, it ticked me off being told one thing, and then seeing now quite a few people since then who have bought movies as recently as last week being granted a higher reward cert, even though the rules as read by the cs girl i talked to said something completely different than the countless others who have had the cs reps treat them differently.

I was perfectly content with the 10 dollar cert and didnt push trying to get 20 on the phone, it wasnt till several hours latter when i saw people were still getting 20 when according to the way the promo was written they shouldnt have, that i fired off my disatisfied email.

I sent my email not to try and get a higher amount but to tell them, I didnt like how they were handling this with telling different customers different things and that if they thought not sticking to the same policy for everyone isnt that big of a dea,l then another retailer i am sure will appreciate my business with my big purchase I was making this week.(made today)

The fact that they responded with a message saying that they put 1000 points in my account, says to me that they realized yeah we screwed up by not following our own policy.

If they had stuck to the way the promo was originally written to the letter, and you only got the 20 cert if you hadnt bought anything since may(FOR EVERYONE) and 10 if you purchased since then. then I would have been happy with my 10 cert.

But thats not the case, even today people are still posting that they called today having purchased in the last few days and still getting 20 cert while others are being told only 10.
Old 12-22-10, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

5 Minutes to Write 2 Emails
24 hours waiting
$45 in freeGC
Thanks DVD Talk.

FYI, I found $20 on the floor of my work lobby yesterday and kept it. The horror.
Old 12-22-10, 03:10 AM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

The scrooge who answered my email only gave me five dollars. What gives?
Old 12-22-10, 05:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 749 Likes on 370 Posts

I sent an email 2 days ago at 9 AM (so in less than 3 hours, it will have been 48), no response yet.
Old 12-22-10, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
I sent an email 2 days ago at 9 AM (so in less than 3 hours, it will have been 48), no response yet.
Same here. I assume they are just not going to answer it at all, and say it got lost. I guess I'll just have to call.
Old 12-22-10, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

I emailed maybe Saturday or Sunday night and just got a response. No comment on the overall program, but "You are a valued customer and we want you to feel appreciated, so here's 500 and a bonus 250". I'm good with that.

Funny how much difference a word makes. If they called it a "comeback incentive" many people probably wouldn't have been so up in arms [some would, of course].
Old 12-22-10, 07:16 AM

I called and the person wasn't offering to reward anything but then I said, So the only way to get free certificates is not to shop Best Buy. She then added 500 points.
Old 12-22-10, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm not sure if it matters much, but with the wildly different stories people have been told, I'm also noticing that some are mentioning having 30 days to use their coupon. Certainly that's reasonable, I plan to use mine in January or February, but it doesn't expire until late July.

I guess even the expiration dates are going to be all over the map with this promo gone bad.
Old 12-22-10, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Got my 1000 points yesterday. Was told it would take 48 hours, got it in 72.
Old 12-22-10, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I thought I did OK getting 500 points on the 2nd phone call, but now with all the people having success via email (i.e. no wait time on the phone) and getting 750 or 1000 points, I feel gipped again. But at this point I'm not going to do anything more about it as the cost-benefit analysis (i.e. the likelihood of wasting more of my time) isn't worth it given my past experience with this company. Guess I should've just emailed instead. Who knew.
Old 12-22-10, 10:46 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I've received no response to my email from a few days ago so it probably has more to do with which rep handled the concern, regardless of email or phone call. I don't plan on calling.
Old 12-22-10, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana
I thought I did OK getting 500 points on the 2nd phone call, but now with all the people having success via email (i.e. no wait time on the phone) and getting 750 or 1000 points, I feel gipped again. But at this point I'm not going to do anything more about it as the cost-benefit analysis (i.e. the likelihood of wasting more of my time) isn't worth it given my past experience with this company. Guess I should've just emailed instead. Who knew.
I emailed them on the weekend and didn't get a response yet. On hold right now, let's see what they say.
Old 12-22-10, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 415 Likes on 360 Posts

OK, I didn't get a certificate of any kind. I don't buy a lot from BB, but the occasional movie and about 18 months ago got a $350 computer from them. So I'm confused as to what do do now;

1. Call BB and demand a certificate? Feel screwed if I don't get one.
2. If only $10 keep calling till I get $20? Feel screwed if I don't get $20
3. Write Amazon and try to get one from them? Feel screwed if I don't get one even tho I buy a lot from them.
4. Go to my local mom and pop store and see if they will give me a $10 bill? Feel screwed if I don't get one.
5. Go down the block and see if I can rip of the kids at the lemonade stand? Feel screwed when little girls bitch slap my ass.

Hummm...decisions...

(Why is this even in Blu-ray deals forum...don't we still have a Store forum?)

Last edited by Sdallnct; 12-22-10 at 11:45 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.