Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Hastings / gohastings.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-12, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Hastings / gohastings.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

I'm a little skeptical too, but I've ordered from them a couple times on Amazon and never had an issue.

My order (prices after discounts):

Brewster's Millions (DVD) - $1.99
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas (2 disc Blu Ray) - $7.80
Saturday Night Fever (DVD) - $2.92
Back To School (DVD) - $1.20

Plus shipping of $4.80 and my total was $25.97.
Old 09-04-12, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Something you guys need to think about, how often are people more apt to bitch about service on the internet than they are to rave about it. There's nothing to be skeptic about. You're always going to get skewed information as to how good the quality is of movie towards the bad side. Overall in dealing with Hastings the quality I have received definitely receives an A. On a rare occasion for something that was used I even received a brand new copy. I've easily gotten 100 blu's from them and only once have I even needed to send something back, and only because instead of a Blu version it turned out to be HD-DVD. Otherwise I've had maybe a blu case that would just not not snap here or there, and only once have I gotten a Blockbuster case on a used item(otherwise art and disc were perfect). Please note this is in relation to Blu's that I say this, guessing DVD's may be a different story since they can be older and are more prone to scratching/abuse.
Old 09-04-12, 01:06 AM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

I think the quality of the DVD's tends to be worse than the Blu rays. Anything from the previously viewed category for DVD's is really bad usually, as well.
Old 09-04-12, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Schloob1
Something you guys need to think about, how often are people more apt to bitch about service on the internet than they are to rave about it. There's nothing to be skeptic about. You're always going to get skewed information as to how good the quality is of movie towards the bad side. Overall in dealing with Hastings the quality I have received definitely receives an A. On a rare occasion for something that was used I even received a brand new copy. I've easily gotten 100 blu's from them and only once have I even needed to send something back, and only because instead of a Blu version it turned out to be HD-DVD. Otherwise I've had maybe a blu case that would just not not snap here or there, and only once have I gotten a Blockbuster case on a used item(otherwise art and disc were perfect). Please note this is in relation to Blu's that I say this, guessing DVD's may be a different story since they can be older and are more prone to scratching/abuse.
Spot on. I got a DVD from them on eBay earlier this week and it arrived in a timely fashion in the condition it was described.
Old 09-04-12, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Schloob1
The only real problem I have had ordering from Gohastings was a cd, They sent me the wrong cd and yet they still list the cd I ordered on their site and on Amazon..wtf?
The cd they sent me goes for $1.99 (a greatest hits hip hop/urban R&b comp.) and I ordered an import soundtrack that was in the $14 range after the discount.
They refunded my money, but you would think they would just send what I ordered?.....I want to order it again ,but don't want to waste my time getting the wrong one again....what kind of business model are they following ?
It's not like they are doing me a favor letting me keep the other cd, most likely I will throw it in the garbage....just send people what they ordered, that's their business.
Old 09-04-12, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GoHastings is a lot more hit and miss if you place consistent orders with them. While I agree with the notion that people are more apt to share a negative consumer experience than a positive one, there is nothing in this thread that exaggerates or hyperbolizes the various outcomes of dealing with GoHastings. Read the posts carefully and don't assume it's just a bunch of superficial complainers. Let the buyer beware definitely applies to GoHastings no matter how many positive experiences one may have with them.
Old 09-04-12, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
GoHastings is a lot more hit and miss if you place consistent orders with them. While I agree with the notion that people are more apt to share a negative consumer experience than a positive one, there is nothing in this thread that exaggerates or hyperbolizes the various outcomes of dealing with GoHastings. Read the posts carefully and don't assume it's just a bunch of superficial complainers. Let the buyer beware definitely applies to GoHastings no matter how many positive experiences one may have with them.
I've had a couple of damaged CD's sent out recently, but the good experiences with them far outweigh the bad. I at least have confidence that they will do what they can to correct an error with an order.
Old 09-04-12, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

One thing I wasn't clear on- what is the difference in their listing of "used" and "previously viewed"?
Old 09-04-12, 11:07 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by SethDLH
One thing I wasn't clear on- what is the difference in their listing of "used" and "previously viewed"?
That's something that I had trouble understanding as well, but I think Used is from a private collection, and Previously Viewed is former rental. OR something like that.

But then again, I could be completely wrong.
Old 09-04-12, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Generally:
PV is a rental
Used is a trade in (which could also sometimes be a rental)
Old 09-04-12, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

A "PV" movie, you'll get a DVD-Sized Case that has been a rental at places such as Blockbuster. "USED" generally means you'll get the same movie as sold, but the movie will be used. "PV" movies will generally only have one disc. Sometimes, you'll get a used movie with a PV order and sometimes you'll get a PV movie when you ordered used.
Old 09-04-12, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks guys. At least that sheds a little light on it. All 4 of my ordered discs were "used" so hopefully they're alright.
Old 09-04-12, 11:48 PM
Banned

I've ordered dozens of PV and never got a DVD case.
Old 09-05-12, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, aren't you the lucky one anyway, gotten both myself.
Old 09-05-12, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by junglalien
I've ordered dozens of PV and never got a DVD case.
I've ONLY received DVD cases (though I've ordered only one PV product).
Old 09-05-12, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 560 Likes on 411 Posts

I've ordered about 40 titles from them and most cases are in great condition. I got two in my recent order that weren't. One was in the large blockbuster rental case and one the plastic on the blu-ray case (the part that keeps the cover on) was completely ripped off and mangled and then was taped back on with scotch tape. Both of these were "used" not "pv".
Old 09-06-12, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Got my first dvd from the order of 4. It was the one I wanted the most out of the whole order so I was very pleased to see it arrived unharmed (depsite the padding-less packaging) and in excellent condition including the booklet which I was half expecting to not be there.

If the other 3 discs arrive in similar condition GoHastings has gained a repeat customer.
Old 09-06-12, 08:53 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

I got some DVD's today that were in so so condition. The only consolation was they were so cheap with the coupon or I wouldn't be happy. One was scratched more than I like. They were are all resurfaced with a buffing machine and one was a rental case even though it wasn't listed as a PVD. The TV set and Blu ray I got were good. One item never shipped and never got any information about it.
Old 09-07-12, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Got package 2 of 3 today that contained 2 more discs. 1 was an ex-rental from Family Video (had the center ring sticker) but was in excellent condition and the sticker peeled off clean. The other had some faint scribbling on the artwork side of the disc (however it was one of those discs that is mainly shiny like the data side) and had some light scratches on the data side. The case was trashed but that was an easy swap. So far I'm still happy. Hoping the final disc arrives tomorrow in good shape.
Old 09-09-12, 01:19 AM
Banned

Old 09-09-12, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Managed to get the following.

Transformers 3
Fast Five
A.I. Artificial Intelligence
Puss in Boots
Pirates Band of Misfits
X:Men First Class
Old 09-09-12, 05:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Grabbed...
Captain America
Pirates: Band of Misfits
Thor
Old 09-09-12, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

One last order for now

Hugo
TinTin
Rango
Old 09-09-12, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm never going to get Shame for a good price
Old 09-09-12, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

I received 3 of the disks in my most recent order yesterday in a *box* that was large enough to hold at least 20 disks! The box was too large to fit in our oversized mailbox. Up until now everything has been in either a padded envolope or those thin plastic envelopes (hate those) in about a 50/50 mix.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.