Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Hastings / gohastings.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-12, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Hastings / gohastings.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Yuck, another 3 for $21 cancellation fest. Picked out three orders worth. Not sure how likely it is that they'll ship, but i hope i at least get The Pirates: Band of Misfits, Lion King and Willy Wonka. Couldn't pull the trigger on Transformers 3, despite it's price. Considering I bought the pt. 1 and 2 two-pack in the last 3fer21, I think I'm just going to wait for the inevitable $5 or less price point.

Le Quattro Volte
Lost: The Complete First Season
Paranormal Activity 3
Pinocchio
Paths of Glory
The Lion King

I Want Your Money
The Pirates! Band of Misfits
Underworld: Awakening in 3D
The Dictator
Thor
The Hunger Games
Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale
Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory
Cars 2

Winnie the Pooh
Cranford
Sword of the Stranger

All $143.28 shipped.
Old 09-09-12, 09:27 PM
Cool New Member

I'll probably pass on this deal. I usually bite on the 30-40% off deals.

I just looked at my order history and I've bought well over 300 Blu Rays, DVDs, Games and CDs over the past year. I've found that the BDs are usually in great shape, the DVDs are usually OK, the games are ok and the CDs are usually in less than OK shape.

Out of all my orders, I've only had to return one item (badly scratched Wii game). One time they sent me the wrong cover art for a BD (Sarah Connor Chronicles S1) and they refunded the cost and let me keep the BD.

I've only thought "wow, they really sold me an item in this condition" for about 10 movies. The condition of DVD box sets is usually hit and miss. I'll skip CD deals since the overall condition is usually poor.
Old 09-10-12, 05:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by izatright
Yuck, another 3 for $21 cancellation fest. Picked out three orders worth. Not sure how likely it is that they'll ship, but i hope i at least get The Pirates: Band of Misfits, Lion King and Willy Wonka
I just received an e-mail that Pirates shipped for me, so hopefully you'll get it too.
Old 09-10-12, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Ironchefjebus
I just looked at my order history and I've bought well over 300 Blu Rays, DVDs, Games and CDs over the past year. I've found that the BDs are usually in great shape, the DVDs are usually OK, the games are ok and the CDs are usually in less than OK shape.
WOW, you waited almost 6 years to make your first post? You are a very patient chef, indeed!

My experience has been very similar to yours. I only ordered CDs once (an audiobook), which arrived in terrible condition. But as far as Blu-rays go, I've generally been very satisfied with most of my purchases since I stopped buying "Previously Viewed" and now only buy "Used".

P.S., Ironchefjebus, I look forward to your next post in 2018 with great anticipation!
Old 09-10-12, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

I made two orders of 3 (Captain America, The Thing remake, The Smurfs 3D and Disneynature: African Cats, Lord of the Rings animated, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 3D) yesterday morning, and surprisingly everything has already shipped!
Old 09-10-12, 09:52 AM

My order already shipped as well.

Three Stooges The Movie
Sherlock Holmes Game of Shadows Combo
War Horse Combo
Old 09-10-12, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got shipping notices for Willy Wonka, Thor and The Pirates today (along with a load of others), so I'm happy!
Old 09-10-12, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

All 9 of mine shipped as well already, appears to be about 5 packages this go around. Either something from this order or my Disney welcome package will be my 500th Blu "movie" this week unless some crazy sale happens at say Best Buy for example.
Old 09-10-12, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All 6 of mine shipped today. I'm happy.
Lost: The Complete Fifth Season $7.00
these 5 were blind buys
John Adams [Blu-ray] $7.00
Battlestar Galactica: Season 1 $7.00
Shrek's Spooky Stories [combo pack] $7.00 (never seen any of these on tv)
The Five-Year Engagement [combo pack] $7.00
Safe [Includes Digital Copy] $7.00
Not bad for $47.76 shipped
Old 09-10-12, 06:52 PM

anyone having problems on there site now ? Any movie I click on says the page cant be found.
Old 09-10-12, 08:14 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Al_Tahoe
WOW, you waited almost 6 years to make your first post? You are a very patient chef, indeed!

P.S., Ironchefjebus, I look forward to your next post in 2018 with great anticipation!
Better late than never, right? I think I made the account to post a question about a website and never did.
Old 09-10-12, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 230 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by dvdfreak2005
anyone having problems on their site now ? Any movie I click on says the page can't be found.
Fixed. And yes, I'm having the same problem.
Old 09-10-12, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

I'm seeing all the titles I want...but...when I click on them...THEN it says they are out of stock. So, I have to actually click on every single title to see if it's in stock or not. Eh.
Old 09-11-12, 05:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

A lot of the pictures of the items are either replaced by the 'form image' or are from different versions of the title (even some that are the book images on the blu-ray listing) in my wish list.

I'm steering clear of them for this sale and a few more because I'm dropping some cash on the new iphone, but that's pretty weird of the site and I've never seen it before.
Old 09-11-12, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Got my shipping notice that Thor and Captain America have both shipped. So, everything I ordered has now shipped. I'm quite pleased.
Old 09-11-12, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Placed 2 more orders this morning, a couple of items went back "in stock". Anticipating cancellation but we'll wait and see. 3 of the items for sure now have the good ol' out of stock indicating I got the 1 copy they had on record(if they had it in the 1st place). Will wait and see and report back once I get confirmation/cancellation as to what I was able to grab this morning.
Old 09-11-12, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Schloob1
Placed 2 more orders this morning...
Interesting... the site has been complete non-working garbage for me since early yesterday.

No matter what title I click on I get a mostly blank page and the following message:

"We're sorry, but the page you requested was not found".
Old 09-11-12, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Schloob1
Placed 2 more orders this morning, a couple of items went back "in stock". Anticipating cancellation but we'll wait and see. 3 of the items for sure now have the good ol' out of stock indicating I got the 1 copy they had on record(if they had it in the 1st place). Will wait and see and report back once I get confirmation/cancellation as to what I was able to grab this morning.
Same thing happened to me - I'm guessing either their inventory load system was updating the quantity item-by-item, or that there is a glitch and they only had one copy to begin with. At least last year when they cancelled items in this sale I still got the other items at $7. There were much better choices the last time they ran this sale - Band of Brothers, The Pacific, Bond sets, LOTR Trilogy, etc. were $7, and there were a couple I received that were brand new.
Old 09-11-12, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by conscience
A lot of the pictures of the items are either replaced by the 'form image' or are from different versions of the title (even some that are the book images on the blu-ray listing) in my wish list.

I'm steering clear of them for this sale and a few more because I'm dropping some cash on the new iphone, but that's pretty weird of the site and I've never seen it before.
Yeah - there are some items in my wishlist that are displaying the old VHS box art! Regardless of the art shown, each item lists a UPC, and you can always dispute the item received if you don't get what was listed.
Old 09-11-12, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Al_Tahoe
Interesting... the site has been complete non-working garbage for me since early yesterday.

No matter what title I click on I get a mostly blank page and the following message:

"We're sorry, but the page you requested was not found".
2 things, if you do not have it set-up already make a wishlist. Secondly, for right now the only way around the current issue, you need to scroll over the image and it will say quick-view. This will bring up whether the item is in stock or not and then have an "add to cart" button. From here you can at least for now either purchase the item or at the very least put it in your wishlist. To do the latter there is a button in the shopping cart that states view full cart details. From that screen you can remove or move the title to wishlist. Kind of a pain but a workaround nonetheless.
Old 09-11-12, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Same old same old with Hastings: Order status on the phone says everything shipped, E mail says two items canceled.
Old 09-11-12, 06:31 PM

Managed to place a 2nd order.

Ghost Rider 2
Wrath of the Titans
The Proposal
Old 09-11-12, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
Same old same old with Hastings: Order status on the phone says everything shipped, E mail says two items canceled.
Interesting, can't say I've ever bothered calling to check on order status. Did not even realize one could do that.
Old 09-12-12, 07:19 PM

trying to find a second order, but the few id pull the trigger on are out of stock, but i did manage to get Superman/Batman Public Enemy, Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths, and Wrath of the titans... all combo packs. was gonna do hunger games, though i havent seen it, but figured why not for 7$ but out of stock.
Old 09-12-12, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The final items from the recent 40% used sale came in today.

Got three DVDs and two blu rays. Blu rays were in great condition (pretty much new) and two of the three DVDs are in very good condition. One of the DVDs, for an older title, is a little roughed up around the edges and had some annoying stickers, but it cost me approx $2, so not the end of the world.

Overall I'm very satisfied with my goHastings experience (assuming all of them play once I get around to watching).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.