Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Another DD BOGO sale

My Ghosts of Mars shipped, that's it.
Old 10-13-10, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Amazingly 3 of my 4 titles shipped (Roxanne, Secret Window, Pink Panther). Everything except Zombieland. I guess they get a couple of brownie points for actually doing what they are supposed to .
Received those 3 titles yesterday. So I'm back to the original 2 from the other sale (Posiedon and Poltergeist) and Zombieland from this one. Oyie.
Old 10-13-10, 04:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I received everything but Zombieland today. I wonder what will come of that. If you use Paypal, don't they kill the order after a certain amount of time if charge isn't completed or something? I remember people warning something about using Paypal with DD before during one of the big sales. If I see it reasonable elsewhere before it ships, I'll want it canceled anyway. I'm not giving them more than a couple weeks unless canceling it will fuck with the price on the other titles I got.
Old 10-20-10, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

DD is Nuts , They shipped Life Of Brian on Oct. 8th and still no sign of it .....really I don't care if it's Post,Media,or First Class or a carriage pulled by a horse there is no way it takes this long.
Old 10-20-10, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm not normally going to stick up for DD, but you ordered 12 days ago. 4 of those days have been weekends. Media mail can take quite a bit longer than 8 business days.
Old 10-20-10, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by cgray
I'm not normally going to stick up for DD, but you ordered 12 days ago. 4 of those days have been weekends. Media mail can take quite a bit longer than 8 business days.
They DD say 5-10 business days ....so 2 to go.

So I guess if I receive it Saturday I should give it back to the Postman and tell him to deliver it on a business day?
Old 10-20-10, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Drake
DD is Nuts , They shipped Life Of Brian on Oct. 8th and still no sign of it .....really I don't care if it's Post,Media,or First Class or a carriage pulled by a horse there is no way it takes this long.
Oct 8 and you're mad?

I have one that shipped from the first DD sale that still hasn't arrived and it shipped over a month ago!!
Old 10-20-10, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Canadian Bacon
Oct 8 and you're mad?

I have one that shipped from the first DD sale that still hasn't arrived and it shipped over a month ago!!
I am not Mad ...I guess when you are receiving DVDs everyday from other retailers like Second spin (who also send Media mail) and I am getting it within a week ..business day be damned....it's frustrating.
They must lose money if they send stuff out first class ...BUT..wouldn't a few cents more to make sure their customers get it sooner than later help business in the long run ....like a return customer.
Old 10-20-10, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

BUT..wouldn't a few cents more to make sure their customers get it sooner than later help business in the long run ....like a return customer.
Don't forget who you are talking about here. If you've spent any time on these forums you have to know what they are like. If you haven't, then I'll tell you this is the norm. Their name is DEEP DISCOUNT after all.

Last edited by jwstl; 10-20-10 at 06:22 PM.
Old 10-20-10, 06:14 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I am not Mad ...I guess when you are receiving DVDs everyday from other retailers like Second spin (who also send Media mail) and I am getting it within a week ..business day be damned....it's frustrating.
They must lose money if they send stuff out first class ...BUT..wouldn't a few cents more to make sure their customers get it sooner than later help business in the long run ....like a return customer.
DD is shipping out many orders via Presorted Standard Mail (you can see my more detailed post in the DVD Bargins version of this thread). Presorted Standard is actually a lower (and cheaper) class of mail than Media Mail. As a wild guess, DD is probably paying 50 cents a pop on these single-disc mailings (maybe even lower depending on the volume).

Having processed a number of bulk mail jobs myself over the years, it's not too unusual for things to take two or three weeks to arrive (granted, this is mainly for remote/rural locations).

Peter
Old 10-21-10, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by cgray
Don't forget one of those days was a holiday as well, so minus another.
Old 10-21-10, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Got part of my order on Tuesday (Breaking Bad: Season 1). So far the status on Season 2 hasn't changed but I'm fine with waiting since it was such a good deal on it.
Old 10-21-10, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 91 Likes on 22 Posts

A lot depends on their volume...the bigger they are the more direct they can be. Shipping whole pallets of stuff to a BMC is a hell of a lot quicker than putting pieces into the mail system individually.
Old 10-21-10, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Don't order Jacob's Ladder from them or it will take a year or so for it to be shipped.
Old 10-22-10, 07:27 AM
Banned

For anyone that actually wants Zombieland, NewEgg has it for $13.95 today. I put in a request to cancel mine at DD.
Old 10-22-10, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Today is the Day ...10 Bizness daze ....I can feel it ,we will be watching Life Of Brian this weekend...it's all happening.....
Old 10-22-10, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Don't order Jacob's Ladder from them or it will take a year or so for it to be shipped.
I doubt it's title specific. I still have 8 orders going all the way back to 8/23, and only 1 title has (supposedly) shipped out of all of those orders (my most recent order). (It was the movie I wanted the least in all my orders BTW... almost as if they could read my mind.) Jacob's Ladder was not on my list. It seems they basically don't intend to ship anything I ordered. When Black Friday comes around, I'm not passing on equivalent deals because I don't have any confidence in DD any more. To quote Kirk: "Don't believe 'em, don't trust 'em".
Old 10-22-10, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Canadian Bacon
Oct 8 and you're mad?

If it shipped over a month ago, I would contact them for a replacement.
Old 10-22-10, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Today is the Day ...10 Bizness daze ....I can feel it ,we will be watching Life Of Brian this weekend...it's all happening.....
The 10th business day / non-holiday from the 8th is Monday October 25th.
Old 10-22-10, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

DD should call these BONGO sales. Buy One, Not Get One.
Old 10-22-10, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

try BAGN. Buy and get nothing.
Old 10-22-10, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Kevin M. Dean
The 10th business day / non-holiday from the 8th is Monday October 25th.
Well they said they sent it out the 8th ....that was a business day or is it 11 business days?
Old 10-22-10, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well they said they sent it out the 8th ....that was a business day or is it 11 business days?
The first day counted is always the day after it ships.
Old 10-22-10, 10:30 PM
Banned

What the hell? Either the cancellation option on the order status page doesn't work, or they take forever to actually do anything. I canceled Zombieland through there early this morning and the status still hasn't changed from "processing" nor have I received an email to confirm it's done. I guess I shouldn't be surprised since it never even showed up as backordered on there. Piece of shit site. I suppose I'll have to call them when they open in the morning.
Old 10-22-10, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Viper187
What the hell? Either the cancellation option on the order status page doesn't work, or they take forever to actually do anything. I canceled Zombieland through there early this morning and the status still hasn't changed from "processing" nor have I received an email to confirm it's done. I guess I shouldn't be surprised since it never even showed up as backordered on there. Piece of shit site. I suppose I'll have to call them when they open in the morning.
It can take a few days.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.