Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Another DD BOGO sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-11, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Another DD BOGO sale

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
My Life of Brian just shipped yesterday. That was my last outstanding item from them... I'm finally done! Well, it may have taken forever, but at least we got all of our B1G3F orders... It still was a smoking deal....
Did they ship everything? They shorted me by one movie so instead of shipping 6, they only shipped 5. I'm still emailing them about what happened to the missing title that they claimed was shipped.
Old 01-20-11, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Numes
Finally, after 4 e-mails to customer service, Zombieland and Moon shipped.
...and my last one - District 9 shipped today. This was from the October B1G1F sale, not the one before that.

I think something got royally screwed up on DDD's end around this time and with the B1G1F sales. They still have been horrendous, but I wouldn't hesitate to do another B1G1F or equivalent from them. Just as long as I get my titles before my credit card on file expires.
Old 01-21-11, 09:55 AM

Just got an email from them that will be shipping the missing blu-ray from my order. Only catch is they say they will be crediting my account first and then charge me again so hopefully they don't screw that up in any way. If they don't, I'm a happy camper and probably will order from them again.
Old 01-21-11, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by consoleman
Just got an email from them that will be shipping the missing blu-ray from my order. Only catch is they say they will be crediting my account first and then charge me again so hopefully they don't screw that up in any way. If they don't, I'm a happy camper and probably will order from them again.
I'm impressed they responded to your email. Glad they are "supposedly" taking care of it... I hope they come through for you...
Old 01-21-11, 05:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I e-mailed them last night about my refused shipments from 3+ weeks ago that they haven't refunded yet. A rep responded to me this morning saying that they haven't received or processed the returns yet, then, this afternoon, I received an automated e-mail stating they have refunded the Shrek trilogy I returned. Funny coincidence...
Old 01-24-11, 12:41 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Check out the tracking results below for a replacement shipment DD shipped to me. I can't believe it took 7 days to move from Forrest Park, GA to Atlanta, GA...and I've been in the packaging/shipping industry since 1992. Sixteen days (at least) to get from IL to NC is just ridiculous.

[Just to clarify, this is a slam against the USPS, not against DD.]

Peter

1/23/2011 04:38 PM ET Greensboro, NC PROCESSED THROUGH SORT FACILITY
1/23/2011 03:58 PM ET Greensboro, NC PROCESSED THROUGH SORT FACILITY
1/22/2011 04:31 AM CT Memphis, TN PROCESSED THROUGH SORT FACILITY
1/22/2011 04:11 AM CT Memphis, TN PROCESSED THROUGH SORT FACILITY
1/20/2011 07:36 PM ET Atlanta, GA PROCESSED THROUGH SORT FACILITY
1/13/2011 03:50 PM ET Forest Park, GA TENDERED TO USPS
1/12/2011 04:49 PM ET Forest Park, GA ARRIVAL DESTINATION DHL GLOBAL MAIL FACILITY
1/12/2011 02:17 AM ET Hebron, KY DEPARTURE ORIGIN DHL GLOBAL MAIL FACILITY
1/9/2011 04:31 PM ET Hebron, KY PROCESSED
1/9/2011 05:00 AM ET Hebron, KY ARRIVAL ORIGIN DHL GLOBAL MAIL FACILITY
1/9/2011 04:00 AM CT Itasca, IL PICKED UP BY SHIPPING PARTNER
Old 01-24-11, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

I received my Breaking Bad sets today. I am through! No more DD for me. It's not worth the hassle.
Old 02-23-11, 10:08 AM

My Life of Brian which supposedly shipped on 1/18/2011 has not arrived as of 2/23/2011. Neither has a replacement for Amazing Stories Season 1 which was supposedly shipped out on 1/17/2011 [on the latter, I was not charged...but neither have I seen a credit from my original order that never arrived].

At this point I'm not sure who's more incompetent - Deep Discount or the US Postal Service (from my post above you can see how one of my packages sat outside Atlanta, GA for a whole week without moving, and I'm still waiting on a blu-ray from Amazon UK that supposedly shipped 1/27/2011).

Peter
Old 02-23-11, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Proglodite
At this point I'm not sure who's more incompetent - Deep Discount or the US Postal Service (from my post above you can see how one of my packages sat outside Atlanta, GA for a whole week without moving, ...

If DD shipped it Media Mail, it's their fault for going cheap. Media Mail is the equivalent of flying standby for cheap fares. Sometimes you get to go, and sometimes you get to sit for a while ...
Old 02-23-11, 11:43 AM

30 minutes and counting with DD Customer Service; trying to just get refunds. Gotta wonder at who they hire - lady obviously had never heard of Monty Python or his Life of Brian....and didn't know how to pronounce Labyrinth. I think I've now all but joined the Avoid-DD-No-Matter-How-Good-the-Deal-Is camp. And I used to drop $500 or $1000 during their 20% sale back in the day... --Peter
Old 02-23-11, 02:27 PM

The TV BOGO deal sounded tempting with the TWILIGHT ZONE Blu-Rays, but I had to remind myself that no, I would NEVER EVER get them based on how long it took me to not just get my discs, but get refunded for the duplicates they sent. Never again.
Old 02-23-11, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by skidmark
If DD shipped it Media Mail, it's their fault for going cheap. Media Mail is the equivalent of flying standby for cheap fares. Sometimes you get to go, and sometimes you get to sit for a while ...
Wouldn't it be the BUYER'S fault for going cheap? DD has other shipping options besides Media Mail.
Old 02-23-11, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by skidmark
There's nothing wrong with Media Mail; I use it all the time and items are delivered relatively quickly. The problem with DD is they use a "partner" service that is actually cheaper and slower than Media Mail.
Old 02-23-11, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jwstl
There's nothing wrong with Media Mail; I use it all the time and items are delivered relatively quickly. The problem with DD is they use a "partner" service that is actually cheaper and slower than Media Mail.
This right here. I hardly even tempt myself by looking at whatever deal DD is offering because I know their shipments that go out by medial mail are more like "sit around for a while while we process your order, send you a shipment notification even though it hasn't shipped, send it to someone else who, get a break on the price and eventually it might end up at hour house one day mail"
Old 02-23-11, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jwstl
Yep. I have not had many problems at all using Media Mail for years, certainly no more than using any other method of shipping. It's true that the name Priority Mail actually means just that, but that doesn't necessarily translate as Media always being worthless. Given the track record of DD in the past year, I would think the fault just might lie with them more than the USPS. YMMV.
Old 02-24-11, 10:22 AM

Just got a ship notice on my twilight zone sets that were "canceled" This makes two orders now with no problems from dd
Old 02-25-11, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by SethDLH
This right here. I hardly even tempt myself by looking at whatever deal DD is offering because I know their shipments that go out by medial mail are more like "sit around for a while while we process your order, send you a shipment notification even though it hasn't shipped, send it to someone else who, get a break on the price and eventually it might end up at hour house one day mail"
Exactly. I peek at new DD threads to see what people are saying (i.e. if people are buying from them again), but I don't even follow their links any more to see what's on sale. As I said before, until 2 conditions are met I'll never order from DD again at any price thanks to my bad experiences a couple months ago. I finally resolved it after several angry emails as I never could get through on the phone. And my 2 conditions are: (1) you need to be able to reach a customer service rep within 10 minutes regardless when you call during their normal hours and (2) their order status page needs to be correct and updated daily. I think I'm in no danger of either condition being met any time soon.

So DD threads serve no purpose for me other than to throw in occasional comments like this. :-) I'm hoping someday everyone will learn from these posts to avoid buying from DD and force them either to (1) go out of business or (2) clean up their act. I'd prefer option 2 as the more competition out there the better, but I've seen no signs of them cleaning up their act in the last year, so why should I expect anything to change now?

Originally Posted by larry47591
Just got a ship notice on my twilight zone sets that were "canceled" This makes two orders now with no problems from dd
If you don't order any B1G1F type promotions (because if you do they could ship the full price one and cancel the free one and you'll have a hassle returning/getting a refund on the full price one which is what happened to me), then you probably won't have any problems with DD as long as you realize:
- you may wait many months
- certain items from your order(s) may get canceled while others will ship and the notices you get about cancellations can be wrong as you noticed
- you probably will never be able to cancel the order if you see them cheaper somewhere else
- you don't mind waiting over an hour to reach someone on the phone (for instance to have them cancel an order only to have it ship a month or two later) and you don't mind having to send numerous emails to get a response from them

Last edited by Manzana; 02-25-11 at 08:45 AM.