Reload this Page >

Iron Man 2 Combo Pack - $15 at Walmart.com

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Iron Man 2 Combo Pack - $15 at Walmart.com

Old 09-13-10, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Iron Man 2 Combo Pack - $15 at Walmart.com

Looks like I'll go back to waiting til Black Friday for it.
Old 09-13-10, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have a screen capture from the actual Walmart website when it was advertised for $15? I see someone has one from an ad but I need one from the website. Thanks.
Old 09-13-10, 10:46 PM
Banned

Received 372 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by Demolition Man View Post
Does anyone have a screen capture from the actual Walmart website when it was advertised for $15? I see someone has one from an ad but I need one from the website. Thanks.
Why? You have the receipt and it's still listed for $15 in the ad. I bet no one got in on this "limited" deal. They're going to end up losing a lot of customers over this.
Old 09-13-10, 10:55 PM

I contacted Wal-mart.com Customer Service after the price changed, I hadn't pre-ordered it yet, and they said if I ordered it at the current $24.96 price I would get a refund for the difference and they did give me the refund. I hope my pre-order doesn't get cancelled.
Old 09-13-10, 10:57 PM

The screeencap I have is of the ad on the website clearly stating it's $15. I'll post it if anyone wants it.
Old 09-13-10, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, well. Target or somebody else will have this for $14.99 before the year is out. I can wait.
Old 09-13-10, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F View Post
Why? You have the receipt and it's still listed for $15 in the ad. I bet no one got in on this "limited" deal. They're going to end up losing a lot of customers over this.
Actually I was going to send this to The Consumerist so they can run a story about this. The screen capture would really be useful.... and don't worry I do fully intend on making sure credit is given where its due.
Old 09-13-10, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Canceled too. What a crock of shit. I could understand if they had sold it for $1.50 but $15 isn't a crazy price to actually think they'd made good on.
Old 09-13-10, 11:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Willh51 View Post
Canceled too. What a crock of shit. I could understand if they had sold it for $1.50 but $15 isn't a crazy price to actually think they'd made good on.
My feeling exactly. $15.00 is a completely reasonable point where they should honor the orders. Hell, they'll be selling it at a regular price of $15.00 or less within a few months anyway.
Old 09-13-10, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by mink-e View Post
The screeencap I have is of the ad on the website clearly stating it's $15. I'll post it if anyone wants it.
I'd appreciate that please. And thanks in advance.
Old 09-13-10, 11:27 PM

Got my cancellation notice too, i ordered on the 12th when it was first offered. and the excuse for cancelling is lame. and i quote "Thank you for your recent Walmart.com order. Unfortunately, we've had to cancel the item(s) listed below due to limited availability." WTF, there seems to be plenty now because you can still preorder it but its $24.96 thats it for walmart shopping....
Old 09-13-10, 11:28 PM

Well, at least "Sherlock Holmes" is still $15 for the combo pack.
Old 09-13-10, 11:32 PM

This is where having my own hosting is a plus. I'll Spoilerize the pics. One is of the ad and the second is when you click on the IM2 picture. These are just the raw screenshots. Edit them how you will.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 09-13-10, 11:39 PM

Yeah sadly I was hoping the screen shots would have been from the website itself and not the ad. Thanks for sharing them however. I just sent off the e-mail to The Consumerist about this situation. If anyone else wants to send them info about this just e-mail to [email protected] and tell them all about this.
Old 09-13-10, 11:40 PM
Banned

Received 372 Likes on 291 Posts

This is where having my own hosting is a plus. I'll Spoilerize the pics. One is of the ad and the second is when you click on the IM2 picture. These are just the raw screenshots. Edit them how you will.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Those are still there on the website. He wanted the webpage for the deal, not the ad.
Old 09-13-10, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F View Post
Those are still there on the website. He wanted the webpage for the deal, not the ad.
Thus why I said I had a screenshot of the ad and only posted it when it was asked for. Just trying to help.
Old 09-13-10, 11:49 PM

Thus why I said I had a screenshot of the ad and only posted it when it was asked for. Just trying to help.
While it wasn't quite the one I was looking for I still do appreciate the help.
Old 09-13-10, 11:52 PM

Mine was canceled also. Same bogus reason. What a bunch of crap.
Old 09-14-10, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I didn't think Walmart would cancel this as it seemed like a legitimate price. I ordered it very early on, so I'm assuming they cancelled everyone's orders. This reminds me of the same way Dell has handled its price mistakes with me and why I've vowed never to spend more than 5 minutes placing any order at Dell (meaning if I have to spend time researching if I want the item, I'll pass) because Dell has cancelled on me too many times. Dell, just like Walmart, sent me an email saying they have limited availability and couldn't get it in stock any more, then the item immediately showed up in stock for the higher price.

I've even called up Dell to complain about it, and I finally got them to admit it was cancelled due to a price mistake rather than no more available from the supplier as they had told me at first and in the email, that they had plenty in stock now, and they wouldn't budge on the price no matter what I said. All they did was say "I apologize" or "I'm sorry" and offered to take my order for the same item their email said was permanently out of stock at the new much higher price. I said I wouldn't have even called if you had simply said it was cancelled due to a price mistake rather than lie in your email about it being unavailable when anyone with eyes and a brain can clearly see on your web page that it was in stock. Again, all I got was the "I apologize for any inconvenience". I said how about at least giving me a coupon for my trouble, and they said they weren't allowed to do it. So I let them know that next time I see a really good price on their site for something, I'm going to assume it's a price mistake and not order. As far as I'm concerned, Walmart = Dell when it comes to customer service and BS about price mistakes. Fortunately my Walmart Iron Man 2 order only took 5 minutes to place as no research was required. It took me longer to write this message to complain about Dell and Walmart's suckiness. :-)

I'd love to say I'll never set foot in Walmart again, but unfortunately I buy my groceries there and it's the closest store. I went from almost exclusively buying movies and electronics from them (years back when they had a decent selection and better prices) to almost exclusively buying food from them. One thing is certain: I'm not paying more than $15.00 for the Iron Man 2 BD combo pack even if I have to wait until the end of time. I'm very principled that way, and fortunately the movie wasn't good enough for me to feel any urgency to pay more than that. If Walmart thinks I'm going to reorder and pay more for Iron Man 2, they can "dream on" (like the Aerosmith song) or "they've got another thing coming" (to quote Bill Cosby).
Old 09-14-10, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I do have the webpage. Let me upload really fast...
Old 09-14-10, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Spoiler:
Old 09-14-10, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I will just try and take the ad to Wal-Mart and price match it that way.
Old 09-14-10, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I didnt order it while it was 15 cause I was hopeing that amazon might adjust thier price. but i have to say its pretty crappy that walmart has canceled all those orders, when even the store ads say the movie will be 15.00 in store come sept 28. Heck even Bestbuy didnt cancel everyones order when they flubbed on the clash of the titans price having it for only 12.99
Old 09-14-10, 02:00 AM

Thank you so much iNCREDiPiNOY for the screen capture. I just forwarded your link to The Consumerist along with crediting you for providing it. I don't know if they will use this story on their site or not but at least its worth letting them know that Walmart is absolutely pulling one on us here.
Old 09-14-10, 05:07 AM

What a fucking joke. This is why Walmart blows.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.