Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Target $5 off BD printable coupon

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-09, 06:05 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts
Re: Target $5 off BD printable coupon

Originally Posted by Kory
Yeah I know, it's ridiculous. I absolutely refuse to upgrade (or buy) a Blu-ray that doesn't at least have most of the DVD special features. Generally I won't buy one that doesn't have ALL of them.
I agree sort of, but also don't really care if the blu-ray is bare bones if I have the special features on DVD.

It isn't worth my time to sell DVDs generally, so I just keep my double-dips.

But if I don't own the DVD and the BD is bare-bones, I pass.
Old 12-01-09, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked up Star Trek and Terminator: Avatar vs. Batman for $15 ea. after the coupon. Dunno where people were seeing $16 cuz the Beast Buy ad was for $20.
Old 12-01-09, 08:21 PM

I finally had a chance to go to Target today and try the coupons. Unfortunately, there was not much left. All I found worthwhile was The Transporter and Speed. I did two separate transactions, the first was with an older gentleman(60s) in the media department and he gave me no trouble and the coupon scanned just fine. Initially, I wasn't going to purchase Speed, but I couldn't resist with the coupon. I took the Blu-ray to the cash registers in the front of the store and picked a young clerk, but I was moved to another register with a middle-aged woman who really checks her every step. She scanned the Blu-ray and the coupon, and it scanned without a hitch, but she called a manager to get an "approval" on the approved coupon. The front-end manager said, "just scan it" and she let me pay and be on my way. I'm going to my other local Target to see if they have any more $9.99 Blu-ray's as they came out to $5.98 each after coupon.
Old 12-01-09, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Picked up Star Trek and Terminator: Avatar vs. Batman for $15 ea. after the coupon. Dunno where people were seeing $16 cuz the Beast Buy ad was for $20.
Thats 16.20 after tax for me.
Old 12-01-09, 10:06 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

Remember, if there are any sale titles you want that are out of stock, you can get a raincheck. It gives you like another month or two to find the item and get the sale price.
Old 12-01-09, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I did not see Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels for sale at my Target. Is this a YMMV scenario as to whether every Target stocks this title on blu?
Old 12-01-09, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks.
Old 12-01-09, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by tofferman
I did not see Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels for sale at my Target. Is this a YMMV scenario as to whether every Target stocks this title on blu?
I saw one last copy at my local Target today.
Old 12-02-09, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is it just me or are Target's BDs horribly overpriced? They had some sales going on but Snatch was $24.99, Ghostbusters was $24.99, and a bunch of catalog titles were around the same price.

The coupon won't do much damage. The only decent deal I would've got was The Wedding Singer which was on sale for $9.99, or Shaun of the Dead which is on sale for $16.99 but all of those are that price till the first of the year.
Old 12-02-09, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mcfly
Is it just me or are Target's BDs horribly overpriced? They had some sales going on but Snatch was $24.99, Ghostbusters was $24.99, and a bunch of catalog titles were around the same price.

The coupon won't do much damage. The only decent deal I would've got was The Wedding Singer which was on sale for $9.99, or Shaun of the Dead which is on sale for $16.99 but all of those are that price till the first of the year.
You may want to run the Snatch blu-ray under one of those scanners they have to read barcodes (just in case.) If it is indeed $19.99, then apply the two coupons and it is then $9.99 (before CA sales tax.)

I would think that their pricing is uniform at all Targets. At mine, Snatch was listed at $19.99. Perhaps their product manager didn't have their act together or the sale price tag was missing for some reason. Just a thought...
Old 12-02-09, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by tofferman
You may want to run the Snatch blu-ray under one of those scanners they have to read barcodes (just in case.) If it is indeed $19.99, then apply the two coupons and it is then $9.99 (before CA sales tax.)

I would think that their pricing is uniform at all Targets. At mine, Snatch was listed at $19.99. Perhaps their product manager didn't have their act together or the sale price tag was missing for some reason. Just a thought...
There was no special signage for it to be on sale, just the regular shelf tag. Lock, Stock is $19.99 and Snatch was $24.99.

I also didn't think you could double the coupons on one BD.
Old 12-02-09, 12:57 AM

There was no special signage for it to be on sale, just the regular shelf tag. Lock, Stock is $19.99 and Snatch was $24.99.

I doubt stacking coupons will fly with any cashier or manager.
Old 12-02-09, 12:59 AM

Posted by Trevor above:

Originally Posted by Trevor
Target allows one manufacturer's coupon and one Target coupon per each item, so shouldn't be a problem using both.
Old 12-02-09, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Karli
I doubt stacking coupons will fly with any cashier or manager.
Hi, welcome to the board. May I direct you to the Up and Monsters Inc. Blu-Ray thread as a general correction to your mistaken statement.
Old 12-02-09, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That's great you can use one store and one manufacturers coupon, but it specifically says "One per transaction" on the bottom of the coupon.. and it's only a store coupon. I don't understand how you can say you can stack these unless you get a really nice cashier. People are having enough trouble getting one to go through without overrides. Is there more than one coupon I'm missing?

By that logic I could just use all 3 coupons on the first page PDF from Slick Deals and get a movie for free. That won't happen.
Old 12-02-09, 01:14 AM

That's great you can use one store and one manufacturers coupon, but it specifically says "One per transaction" on the bottom of the coupon.. and it's only a store coupon. I don't understand how you can say you can stack these unless you get a really nice cashier. People are having enough trouble getting one to go through without overrides. Is there more than one coupon I'm missing?

By that logic I could just use all 3 coupons on the first page PDF from Slick Deals and get a movie for free. That won't happen.

Yes there is a manufacturer coupon. We are talking about using the target coupon and the manufacturer coupon found here:

Originally Posted by D'ohboy
Old 12-02-09, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by yellowlt4
Yes there is a manufacturer coupon. We are talking about using the target coupon and the manufacturer coupon found here:

I didn't even know there was a Snatch coupon. Thanks for pointing that out. Looks like I'll be going back to Target tomorrow.
Old 12-02-09, 01:38 AM

Sorry I have to say it......................HELLO McFLY.

BTW Target pricing is YMMV.... it is not uniform
Old 12-02-09, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by izatright
Hi, welcome to the board. May I direct you to the Up and Monsters Inc. Blu-Ray thread as a general correction to your mistaken statement.
I meant stacking as in 2 Target coupons, not a Manufacturer coupon and a store coupon. I'm aware that's okay by Target standards.

Last edited by ebertofsmut; 12-02-09 at 02:05 AM.
Old 12-02-09, 07:55 AM

Does any have a complete list of $9.99 titles. My Target doesn't have the "temporary price cut" tags up on some of the titles that are mentioned here, but they are ringing up at $9.99. Here are the ones I know about. Thanks, B

Usual Suspects
T3
Bullitt
Predator
Old 12-02-09, 08:07 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

"Ususal Suspects" and "Predator" may be great films, but I'd avoid the current blu-ray editions; even at $5. For more info - check out the DVD Talk reviews section. --Peter
Old 12-02-09, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best Buy's website has it for $15.99.
Old 12-02-09, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by doctaheath78
Sorry I have to say it......................HELLO McFLY.

Old 12-02-09, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Best Buy's website has it for $15.99.
Ah. Well, that doesn't do me any good unless they'll accept printouts from the site. Is Target that amenable to that? Some places don't match online prices, just printed ads, otherwise everyone would be matching Amazon. I used to return books to B&N and Border's for full MSRP credit, but as Amazon got so big and cheaper, they started only giving the Amazon price and now not even that.
Old 12-02-09, 09:01 AM

What exactly is this movie ? I would like to see it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.