Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Kill Bill Vol 1 R2 DVD Box Set

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Kill Bill Vol 1 R2 DVD Box Set

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-04, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I ordered it and it takes a lot for me to pre-order anything.

the shirts good stuff indeed. I wonder how many I will see on the streets. I think it's the shirt that pushed me over the edge. I seem to be addicted to buying shirts and promo's that were on screen

:sits back with his Band Camp shirt on:
Old 02-21-04, 03:15 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how much is 7500 yen in american dollars?

that set looks sweet indeed
Old 02-21-04, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

It's around $70 US, buy Amazon.jp has it listed for about 6,000 yen, which I would imagine is around $55-60. Very rough estimates though.
Old 02-21-04, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

How do you order it on Amazons page, it is all in Chinese/Japanese charechters and I cant read it... Any other place still ahve it?
Old 02-21-04, 03:27 PM

i ordered it from amazon.co.jp , it came out to a total of about 75 us dollars for express shipping
Old 02-21-04, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

The thread over in the International Section may answer the questions asked so far, as well as help answer any ones coming up:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...5&pagenumber=1
Old 02-21-04, 04:36 PM

I ordered this puppy last night at CDJapan immediately after seeing this thread. Then I told my friend, who doesn't even have a region free player, and he bought one as well and plans on getting a region free player within the next week. Thats how great this boxset is.
Old 02-21-04, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just to bring everyone down to earth... we ARE going to get a box set at some point here in R1, presumably with restored unrated cuts of both films. I find the extraneous items in the box unappealing and overpriced! I loved the MOVIE, but I can't justify spending that much dough on an item that customs will seize. Perhaps in a year, when copies are selling on ebay for $200 apiece, I will regret this decision.
Old 02-21-04, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
It doesn't appeal to me either - I'll wait for a boxset that has both films uncut
Old 02-21-04, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Already got mine on pre-order also.
I don't think we'll have any worry about not getting it. There'll be 30k released and I've seen lesser runs (Dances with Wolves, Roger Rabbit, etc..) still on shelves weeks after the initial release.
The t-shirt, with it's Japanese (L) "large size" won't even fit one of my arms so it'll be for decoration or for my wife. But the rolling of the eyes I got when I showed her what's in the box, I don't think she'll be wearing it too often.
Oh well, looking forward to this release.
Old 02-21-04, 08:59 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
How 'come Universal f**ks up their US boxed set releases but then does kick-ass work on their R2 sets?

It's just... not... FAIR.
Old 02-21-04, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,207 Likes on 1,509 Posts
I guess it depends on the collector mentality. I can see that the extra price isn't worth it for those who just want a uncut version of the film (and for them, the standard edition at the half the price is good enough) but the deluxe set is marketed for a special kind of film/collector geek like myself, who likes the "useless" extra little goodies. I surely wouldn't pay that much for a similar edition of most films, but Kill Bill is worth it to me, so I happily ordered mine on Amazon.jp. For what its worth, its currently number 3 on Amazons top 100 selling DVDs (the regular edition is at #6) and its already sold out at HMV, so the limited edition may indeed end up being a sell out. Can't wait until April!
Old 02-22-04, 06:30 AM
Cool New Member

Mirmax wont release an 'unrated' anything, so when the R1 set comes out i dont think it will include the 'uncut' version, unless QT has some major pull and gets them change their policy or they leave Disney soon.
Old 02-22-04, 11:09 AM

I paid $50 for just one of the Be@rbricks a while back, so 75 for the movie/tshirt/replica sword/and another variation on the Be@rbrick makes it worth it to me
Old 02-22-04, 11:58 AM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Originally posted by bluesxman
Mirmax wont release an 'unrated' anything, so when the R1 set comes out i dont think it will include the 'uncut' version, unless QT has some major pull and gets them change their policy or they leave Disney soon.
They could always submit the alternate cut to the MPAA. Buena Vista has released new "Director's Cuts" of films before that were re-rated on DVD.

I'd suspect that the alternate version scenes may be part of special features (unrated extras) rather than re-integrated into the film, anyway. Buena Vista almost always releases unrated extras on their discs - unrated doesn't mean "bad" - just that they haven't been viewed or rated by the MPAA.

Even the Lion King extras were unrated. I don't think anyone's going to complain that there was objectionable material on that set (unless you object to flaccid marketing material that they call "supplemental features", as I do).
Old 02-22-04, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Well I ordered it and it takes a lot for me to pre-order anything.

the shirts good stuff indeed. I wonder how many I will see on the streets. I think it's the shirt that pushed me over the edge. I seem to be addicted to buying shirts and promo's that were on screen

:sits back with his Band Camp shirt on:
Jack, where did you order this from? I finially just got my first region free player & this will be my first purchase for it. I'm new to the other region ordering thing. Is amazon japan the way to go or did you use another site? I did a search at amazong japan & couldn't fing the box set. Also, I can't get everythinig to display in english nor do I know how.

Last edited by Sessa17; 02-22-04 at 08:00 PM.
Old 02-22-04, 08:00 PM

Box Set on Amazon Japan
Old 02-22-04, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Civic2oo1
Box Set on Amazon Japan
Ahhh. Thank you. But I still can't get much to display in English. I really want to preorder this but won't until I can read everything. Any idea how to do that? Your a good person to ask also, b/c I'm from Jersey as well, have you ordered from them before?
Old 02-22-04, 08:15 PM

It's really not that hard to navigate through the site. Click on Pre-Order and you'll have to resign up for an Amazon account (doesn't take the Amazon.com account, at least it didn't take mine). When you click on checkout, click on the upper right hand corner for international customers and it should be a piece of cake from then on.

I advise you to go with the International Express shipping. It's about $10 more, but it says 3-5 days shipping while the standard says 1-5 weeks I believe. Hell if I'm dropping $60 on a DVD set, might as well get it sooner then later.

I haven't ever ordered from Amazon Japan before, but I have ordered from Amazon Canada as well as Amazon UK and haven't had any problems yet. I'll take the assurance of Amazon over ordering from CDJapan.

And one more thing, from what I've seen it says limited to 3,000, not 30,000. So if they cancel my order, then so be it, but I'll be happy if I do get it. All I really want it for is that little katana. I'll gladly sell of the rest when I get it.
Old 02-22-04, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's really not that hard to navigate through the site. Click on Pre-Order and you'll have to resign up for an Amazon account (doesn't take the Amazon.com account, at least it didn't take mine).
I'm an idiot. I can't see any link that says "pre-order" at least not in English. The only thing displayed for me in English is the box set & a link that says "to display in English" but when I click on it nothing changes. I'm wondering if it's sold out already & they took the pre-order link off.

That little katana is the big selling point for me too.

Last edited by Sessa17; 02-22-04 at 08:28 PM.
Old 02-22-04, 08:27 PM

Hmm... looks like they might've taken it off for pre-orders, because when I click on the Preorder this item now (the first yellow button), it seems as though it takes me to a default screen to click back to the homepage.
Old 02-22-04, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hmm... looks like they might've taken it off for pre-orders, because when I click on the Preorder this item now (the first yellow button), it seems as though it takes me to a default screen to click back to the homepage.

NOOOOoooooooo!!!!! It does look like they took it off preorder. When I go on the regular addition, the preorder link is right there, like you said in English, but it's not there on the box set. It also explains why I did a search, the box set doesn't come up in the searh. And the box set is #4 on there top 100. Damn it Damn it Damn!!! Tiny sword, how I need you so badly

CD JAPAN still has some available but I'm a little worried about using them. I've never used the place before, plus it's out of country. I'd rather not order from them unless some people can post some positive experience with them.

Last edited by Sessa17; 02-22-04 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-22-04, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ahem...how do you know we won't get a "tiny sword" when the R1 box comes out? Besides, when something is really limited, it's usually just a marketing ploy. There are more than 3,000 fans of this movie in NYC! Nevermind asia!
Old 02-22-04, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by DrGerbil
Ahem...how do you know we won't get a "tiny sword" when the R1 box comes out? Besides, when something is really limited, it's usually just a marketing ploy. There are more than 3,000 fans of this movie in NYC! Nevermind asia!

It's true, I don't "know" for sure. But I mean, every time something is released here, it seems like overseas it gets released 10 times cooler (at least for me). Look at the Aliens box set, Band of Brothers, Brotherhood of the Wolf etc etc. I'd bet my money, the US release of Kill bill, will likely not come with as many bells & whistles & I even doubt it will be completely uncut. Your last line, marketing ploy it may be, is all the more reason why I want this boxset. The movie has hell of a lot of fans, but only 3,000 will have this box set.

Last edited by Sessa17; 02-22-04 at 09:07 PM.
Old 02-22-04, 09:13 PM

Originally posted by Sessa17

CD JAPAN still has some available but I'm a little worried about using them. I've never used the place before, plus it's out of country. I'd rather not order from them unless some people can post some positive experience with them.
Don't worry about CD Japan...they're reliable...if they still have it in stock, then I suggest you preorder it quickly before they sell out too....

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.