DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Disney Blu-ray Club!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-19, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Update just to bump the newest thread to the top and a couple new things

DMC now offers 4KUHD disc (around 35 current or preorders and likely another 20 to be added in the next 8-12 weeks).
Like other premium formats like 3D of TV Sets these aren't allowed in your initial enrollment package of 5-7 items.

New US Promo Codes with the same general information:
5 for $1 plus Free Shipping and 3 Full Priced Commitments. Commitment now only have to be $19.95+ over 24 months whether DVD or BD club is chosen
Bonus #1 $11.95 and counts as Commitment #1 so only 2 more to buy over 24 months
Bonus #2 $8.95 does not count as a commitment

It appears DMC is now having to collect sales tax in around 30-35 states. I suspect the other 10 will follow soon enough

Current best Promotional Sign-up Codes
61749 -- Adds a COCO Blanket to enrollment package and free shipping on all purchases apparently forever Expired
55218 and 55219 -- Incredible 2/Jack-Jack Blanket and appears to have the same permanent Free Shipping (these are brand new and not enough folks have signed up with it to be absolutely sure of the long term FS)EXPIRED
66106 - same deal, but adds a Woody Blanket from Toy Story and permanent Free shipping
71374- same deal, but with 101 Dalmatians Blanket
55055 -- same general deal -- no blanket

The last DMC exclusives to be added have been very nice
June 18 -- should be enrollment eligible by 8/19 or 8/20
20000 Leagues Under the Sea
In Search of the Castaways

Aug 13
The Black Hole
George of the Jungle

The current spreadsheet of DMC Catalog -- enrollment eligibility, digital copies, exclusives, prices
DMC Blu-ray Catalog Summary

For folks that haven't signed up in a while, the biggest confusing thing with their updated Enrollment Page is the Bonus Item selection. You don't get that option until after you pick
your 5 items, enter your account info, Billing/Shipping/CC and hit submit. Then you are given 10 minutes to choose the Optional titles (though I don't consider Bonus 1 option since it's a $12 commitment)
and they give you a list of approx 50 titles to choose from instead of all the eligible titles. IF you don't want any of those, so far it's been easy to call or chat with them within a few hours of signing up and getting
your online account, have them either exchange an item you really didn't want for something you'd rather have from the full enrollment list (or add 1 or 2 if you skipped it entirely).

The other somewhat confusing thing is whether you're picking a BD or DVD since they aren't separated up front. Pick your 5 items, click Continue and then you will be given an option of BD or DVD. If an item you picked isn't
available in one format it will give you a prompt to remove/choose another or accept the DVD instead of BD. If you use the catalog number from teh spreadsheet in the search box the you'll know exactly what edition/format you're adding.

Last edited by hariseldon; 03-30-20 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-27-20, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

For the 4K UHD Blu-ray releases on 3/31, DMC has them up for pre-order, and all but Rise of Skywalker are eligible for discount.

https://disneymovieclub.go.com/webap...|c4_starwars4k
Old 03-30-20, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Major update to DMC rules and deals

For last week, none the known promotional codes have been working online. I haven't heard of anyone trying direct phone signup. At least over the last 8-9 years I have never known there to be any time that some code
wasn't active giving essentially the same 5+3 required full price [ or 5+(1 or 2 bonus) +2required ] with some minor variations of Blankets, lifetime Free shipping, and minimal price levels.

The only deals I'm seeing on the US side is the default 4 + 5 required (probably still with the usual bonus to knock a requirement out cheap).
It does seem going via a referral link does still get a 5 + 4 full price required ( 5 + 1 or 2 + 3 required)

For now nobody is quite sure if this is a permanent change, a web glitch related to an ongoing update, or some changeover awaiting for new promo codes to go live.

On the Canadian side there has only been a single known active code ( 69944 ) for a few months and it's pretty weak - 5 items on initial enrollment with 5 full priced requires (4 if you select the first Bonus during enrollment)

EDIT:
thanks to moneydemon3 at bluray.com for new Promotional Code
101 Dalmatians Blanket
5 for $1 + 2 optional bonus + Lifetime Free Shipping
Not 100% sure of number of required commitments but it looks similar to the last Dalmatians code so probably 3 total or 2 after taking Bonus #1

Be careful entering promo codes on the enrollment site since the code doesn't always attach properly. This is the page you should be seeing to start

https://disneymovieclub.go.com/magic...offerId=62026D

Last edited by hariseldon; 03-31-20 at 11:04 AM.
Old 02-16-21, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Almost a year has passed. Same deal still in place though Canada seems to have finally gotten a very good Signup Code. 4K disc are still not eligible for initial signup and I doubt will be soon.
No real new Exclusives since last 2019 other than some repackaging of older discs into new grouping

Fantasia-Lite Bluray seems to be on the release schedule in April finally as a DMC exclusive -- Fantasia, Fantasia 2000, and Celebrating Mickey (BD+DVD+DIGITAL). The main addition is very likely only the Digital Codes. There is no information of what will/will not be included, but expectations it will likely be the same discs from previous 2010 Fantasia Release and the current Mickey disc maybe with some of the extras moved to Digital Only like several of the recent Signature Line.Updated Active Promo Codes -- a couple of the US update expired

Terms
101 Dalmatians Blanket
5 Titles for $1 on Initial Signup with 3 Commitments required (19.95+ regular priced item with no customer discounts applied)
1St Bonus - 11.95 counts as the 1st commitment so ONLY 2 more to buy in 24 months,
2nd bonus - 8.95 does not count as a commitment
US customers get Free Shipping on all movie orders forever.

DMC US PROMO CODES
- 1st active in March 2020 so may be getting close to expiration since many of these codes are 12-15 months Dead
60495 - 1st active in March 2020 so may be getting close to expiration
66619 - 1st active in Jan 2021 as far as I can tell
66623 - also showed up in the last 2-4 weeks

The Canadian side (DMC Sign-up page, make sure to scroll to the bottom and switch to "View Catalog for Canada")
now appears to have a new and excellent PROMO CODE for the first time in 6 years with terms almost the same as the US Club except it doesn't appear to have Free Shipping perk. The best code since 2015 had 4 total commitments and the only active code the last couple years required 5. A bit of YYMV, this code has been active and inactive on the website a couple times this week so not sure if DMC is getting bugs worked out or it's a glitch. A couple folks at bluray.com were able to sign up with it over the phone even when the website was rejecting it.
DMC Canada PROMO CODE 47558

Last edited by hariseldon; 04-20-21 at 08:35 PM.
Old 04-20-21, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

MONTY PYTHON'S screaming old man can be heard yet -- I'm Not Dead Yet. I'm feeling better, I'm Happy.

Just when you thought the line was dead and buried Disney pulls a rabbit out of its hat and throws the Collectors a big Bone (or a big FU depending on your bent in life).

And the Blu-ray.com members are going to be eating their hearts out not being able to discuss this item.

Maybe there is some hope for the other Compilations now and maybe some new Live Exclusives after over 18 months since the last Bluray exclusive

Yes -- it's an exclusive, yes that means limitations both in availability and content, but ...............

THE BLACK CAULDRON 30th ANNIVERSARY EDITION BLU-RAY $24.95

Plot Summary

Fantasy, magic and fun are all brewed together in Disney's legendary adventure The Black Cauldron! Whoever releases the mysterious Black Cauldron's powers will be invincible! The fearsome Horned King will do anything to possess it, but he is challenged by the most unlikely adversary: a young assistant pig keeper named Taran who dreams of doing heroic deeds. With a motley team, Taran embarks on a quest to stop the Black Cauldron's evil once and for all.

That's all I've got, but DMC Exclusives virtually never have extras added, but this is one of the handful on Animated Titles that have been asked for and asked for and asked for the better part of the last decade.

Also along for the ride a movie that is thoroughly mediocre nonDisney Disney movie though it's not actually a bad movie.

DMC Exclusive Valiant Blu-ray $24.95

Plot Summary

The world is looking for a hero, and it's up to a pigeon named Valiant to step up and bravely serve his country. Valiant and his fine feathered friends take to the sky on a wing and a prayer and prove that it's not your wingspan but the size of your spirit that truly counts. From the producer of Shrek and Shrek 2, Valiant delivers stunning animation, a topflight voice cast and an action-packed story loaded with laughs.

From Vanguard Films and Animation and distributed by Disney

Some A+ voice talent though

Ewan McGregor ... Valiant (voice)

Ricky Gervais ... Bugsy (voice)

Tim Curry ... Von Talon (voice)

Jim Broadbent ... Sergeant (voice)

Hugh Laurie ... Gutsy (voice)

John Cleese ... Mercury (voice)

John Hurt ... Felix (voice)

Just b/c I don't want to make a separate post in the DMC thread, some other interesting new items listed this month

Joy

Romancing the Stone

Mrs Doubtfire

Nomadland -- wasn't really expecting this one

That Thing that You Do

a bunch of multidisc old titles bundles items

Avenger 4 Film BD Collection

Beauty and the Beast BD (1991 and 2017)

Cinderella (Animated and Live) BD

Sleeping Beauty + Maleficent BD

and of course Fantasia/F2000/Celebrating Mickey

Last edited by hariseldon; 04-25-21 at 06:06 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by hariseldon:
CoolZDane (04-22-21), PhantomStranger (04-20-21)
Old 04-20-21, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Interesting they finally release Black Cauldron on Blu-ray. There was a big push recently when the digital UHD copy was going for $5 on several sites.
Old 04-22-21, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 451 Likes on 309 Posts

They should've taken the opportunity to release it as the first DMC-exclusive 4K title. Regardless, nice to finally have it on disc.
Old 04-22-21, 02:44 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBang
They should've taken the opportunity to release it as the first DMC-exclusive 4K title. Regardless, nice to finally have it on disc.
You mean "Nice to finally have it on Blu-ray disc."?
Old 04-22-21, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TheBang

Hi and welcome back -- long time since I've seen you post in a DMC thread. Miss you preview announcements on FT, etc since you always seemed to get your mailer a few days early. Mine is now
showing up 5-10 days after changeover date now. I might as well be paperless for what it's worth, but I like getting it in my hands even late.

Wow -- 4 different posters in the same week -- this thread's on fire. It's been years since that's happened. There were only 2 posts in 2020, 7 total in 2019, 8 in 2018, and 5 in 2017.

Last edited by hariseldon; 04-22-21 at 03:01 PM.
Old 04-22-21, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Hi and welcome back -- long time since I've seen you post in a DMC thread. Miss you preview announcements on FT, etc since you always seemed to get your mailer a few days early. Mine is now
showing up 5-10 days after changeover date now. I might as well be paperless for what it's worth, but I like getting it in my hands even late.

Wow -- 4 different posters in the same week -- this thread's on fire. It's been years since that's happened. There were only 2 posts in 2020, 7 total in 2019, 8 in 2018, and 5 in 2017.
It's because this is the last active and only thread left standing in the DVD club sub-forum. I didn't even know this sub-forum was still around. Someone should contact a moderator and have the thread moved to the DVD or Blu-ray sub-forum.
The following users liked this post:
CoolZDane (04-22-21)
Old 04-22-21, 08:51 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

They just shipped me Black Cauldron and Nomadland and Black Hole.. I needed to complete an account by July so I made an order last night, Good I saw the thread about Black Cauldron before I made my order.
Old 04-25-21, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Any guesses on when The Black Cauldron would be available as an enrollment title?
Old 04-25-21, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

60-90 days after release would be usual so somewhere between early July to Labor Day would be best guess. With the uncertain technical release day -- was it 4/20 or actually 5/4 like the mailer apparently say throws a bit more doubt into the guess
joltman (04-26-21)
Old 04-26-21, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received Black Cauldron and Valiant today (actually delivered to the PO on Sat). No chance to even open things yet, but

A bit of a positive in that 2 extras have been carried over -- the Donald Duck Trick or Treat short adn the extended Fairfolk scene was retained. Nothing else or new was added though
there is at least some rumor that all those materials were destroyed at some point. Not sure whether to believe Disney ever destroyed anything, but like with Mag Ambersons there is some
belief that the head honchos were so angry at the originals that they made sure of their decision
Old 03-12-23, 03:04 AM
g

I don't know if anyone is paying attention to Disney Movie Club. But they had some system upgrade before the weekend that accidently canceled a lot of accounts. They canceled my account and charged me 108 dollars for early cancellation. I called them on friday right before they closed and said they fixed it for me but I still can't sign in to my account. My bank gave me a hard time about when the charge went through which caused a fraud alert.
Old 03-12-23, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

I had two accounts, and one of them got cancelled. Not a big deal for me since it was fulfilled but it is weird that a system upgrade cancelled seemingly random accounts.
Old 03-12-23, 08:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by g
I don't know if anyone is paying attention to Disney Movie Club. But they had some system upgrade before the weekend that accidently canceled a lot of accounts. They canceled my account and charged me 108 dollars for early cancellation. I called them on friday right before they closed and said they fixed it for me but I still can't sign in to my account. My bank gave me a hard time about when the charge went through which caused a fraud alert.
Thanks for posting this! I received an e-mail on Friday night saying they were "sorry to hear I canceled my account." Thankfully I hadn't updated my credit card info yet! I still had two more movies to buy; I wonder if I should just let it go and be done with it early.
Old 03-13-23, 09:15 AM
Banned

Received 111 Likes on 69 Posts

So that's why my account was cancelled without any reason. Tried calling this morning but the wait is over an hour. Been a member for over 20 years so I was surprised to see that email on Saturday. Will give them another call later today and hope they fix the issue.
Old 03-14-23, 12:44 AM
g

It is really weird how they handled this. There were no email with apologies or an explanation. Probably a lot of customers out there haven't even noticed they were were charged or there accounts were closed if they don't pay close attention.
Old 03-14-23, 09:28 AM
Banned

Apparently, accounts are being reinstated without any issues and without notifying the members either. The ones who got charged cancellation fees are the ones having the biggest problems due to how slow the reversal of the charges are taking. And there's also no apologies from Disney either to those affected by it.
Old 03-15-23, 04:16 PM
Banned

Got an apology email stating that my account along with many others were cancelled by mistake and that they had been reinstated. I wonder how they are dealing with those who got charged cancellation fees.
Old 06-29-23, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

I’ve never done the DMC, as my kids grew up and I moved largely to streaming. My mistrust of that doesn’t seem so misplaced with the trend to start pulling stuff from streaming services. I’ve noticed some holes in my collections, so my interest in physical media has been reinvigorated.

Any deals to be had or has this pretty well run its course?
Old 07-04-23, 05:27 PM
g

Use code 47532 or 65136 or 66650 or 67269. They should give the best deal and free shipping for your life in the club. The club exclusives are the ones that I choose for enrollment like blu ray of Holes or Honey I shrunk the kids. It's better to buy at least one additional one on enrollment to reduce your commitment.
PhantomStranger (07-04-23)
Old 07-04-23, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I can't believe we still have an entire sub-forum dedicated to DVD Clubs. This should have been removed and carried over into the Blu-ray area.
Old 02-20-24, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Might as post it here since the multi-part threads have been forever -- DMC will cease operations May 20th following the shutdown of the CA branch q4 2023. All the original promo codes expired in Sept, Refer a Friend d/c Oct 2023, and last of hte known orphan codes expired Feb 1 so people were suspecting something though not sure this extreme.

Last day to order May 20
Accts close July 20
Last day to return Sept 20

No new accts are being activated. All non VIP accts have been escalated to fulfilled.
Groups of items now being placed online with 60% off without requiring a Full priced item.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.