Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Disney Blu-ray Club!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-15, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 741 Likes on 366 Posts
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

I don't know if the offer you currently have requires you to purchase two titles to get the free shipping though. If it does, then you won't be able to place an order online with free shipping without discounting one of the titles. I've had success in the past when I had these kind of offers though by calling CS and asking if I could pay full price for both titles but still get free shipping.
Old 11-01-15, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

The offer I have only requires the purchase of one title for free shipping. Any ones after that are discounted by 40%. I think I am going to give them a call this week and inquire about Toy Story and then ask about ordering two at full price with free shipping. No big deal if I can't, more curious about the Toy Story title availability/pricing than anything.
Old 11-26-15, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I scanned the posts, but couldn't find an up-to-date complete library list...anyone have a link to one?
Old 11-27-15, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is a pretty up to date list---

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...=8&output=html
Old 01-21-16, 03:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts

Just finished a batch. I was gonna buy Snow White Signature and Aladdin and 101 Dalmatians Diamond which come out to $74.44 so I just view it as buy 3 get 6 for $9.84 Second batch for me.

$62.38 $21.90 $84.28 $9.36 each

Amazon
Snow White Signature $24.86
Aladdin Diamond $24.86
Good Morning Vietnam $10.77
Captain America $24.32
Captain America 2 $21.62
101 Dalmatians Diamond $24.72
Annapolis $8.86
Hitchhiker's Guide $9.94
GI Jane $9.94

$159.89
Average $17.76
Old 01-21-16, 05:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Thought about getting most of the Studio Ghibli titles as you purchase one for $29 I think the others are around $10 a pop.
Old 01-21-16, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by hariseldon
It sounds like you're already a member, but if you have 8 or 9 to buy it's far cheaper just to go ahead and do a full new enrollment and get 9 for $80+ total. You could cancel, re-enroll with the good codes, fulfil your commitments and be a VIP again in a month. If you don't have any SG there are enough Ghibli's that you could almost do 2 full enrollments
Sweet, thanks for the tip!
Old 02-03-16, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hey peeps!
I haven't been around here in quite a while, and have a couple questions if anyone can help.

I have an active DMC account that hasn't been fulfilled in almost 2 years.
I need to buy 2 to complete my fulfillment, but don't want to have to spend a ton on 2 full priced items.
I have seen in the past that titles that aren't full price still count toward your commitment,
but it's been so long that I am clueless on what the numbers are for that scenario.
Can anyone tell me what the minimum price is per title that I have to pay in order for them
to still count toward my commitment?
I see that right now, I can change my current "offer" so that I can get 2 titles at 25% off.
Would that be a good scenario to count toward my commitment? Will it work since they are discounted?
I know it's usually best to wait for a free shipping offer, but I think my time to fulfill the
account is running out.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 02-03-16, 11:00 AM

Generally the absolute cheapest you can do for a fulfillment title is 24.95, and that's generally only applicable for discounted pre-orders that specifically say they count as fulfillments. The Good Dinosaur is one such title where this is available now.

The only promo you would be able to use is free shipping. Any other discount will disqualify the order as a fulfillment. In the past I've been successful calling them when I had a promo like "Buy 2, get 20% off and free shipping" and asking if I could just have the free shipping and not discount either of my titles, so that they would still count as fulfillments. Usually the pre-order deals are restricted from being discounted further though, so if you can find two of those to order and you have a deal that includes free shipping of any kind, it may not be necessary to call.

Even at the best deals, you're always going to overpay for your fulfillment titles if you compare them to what you would pay for the same title at store during a typical sale, so I try not to think of it like that, and just think in terms of per title average (which is still a steal).

Last edited by Obi-Wanma; 02-03-16 at 11:08 AM.
Old 02-03-16, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Generally the absolute cheapest you can do for a fulfillment title is 24.95, and that's generally only applicable for discounted pre-orders that specifically say they count as fulfillments. The Good Dinosaur is one such title where this is available now.

The only promo you would be able to use is free shipping. Any other discount will disqualify the order as a fulfillment. In the past I've been successful calling them when I had a promo like "Buy 2, get 20% off and free shipping" and asking if I could just have the free shipping and not discount either of my titles, so that they would still count as fulfillments. Usually the pre-order deals are restricted from being discounted further though, so if you can find two of those to order and you have a deal that includes free shipping of any kind, it may not be necessary to call.

Even at the best deals, you're always going to overpay for your fulfillment titles if you compare them to what you would pay for the same title at store during a typical sale, so I try not to think of it like that, and just think in terms of per title average (which is still a steal).
Thanks Obi-Wan Jabroni.
That kinda sucks that no discounted titles at all will count toward fulfillment aside from pre-orders.

When was the last free shipping offer?
I know they used to do stuff on somewhat of a cycle and could sometimes be predicted.
Do you think they'll have another free shipping offer soon?

I know my time to fulfill is running out, but I may have another month or two to spare.

ONE MORE QUESTION:
What is the minimum FULL PRICE purchase that will count for fulfillment?
The fine print on the commitment status page says "(starting at $29.95 per DVD and $29.95 per Blu-ray)",
but I know there are Blu-rays that are full price of $24.95.
I know the system doesn't always coincide with the fine print, so that is why I ask.

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks again for any help.
Old 02-03-16, 11:15 AM

I can't speak on the last free shipping offer, as my current account has been in VIP status for some time (and I think the offers may be different from member to member too), but I seem to recall getting offers that included free shipping fairly often the last time that I had an unfulfilled account. It generally didn't take me more than a month or 2 to get one, at which point I would immediately fulfill.

Last edited by Obi-Wanma; 02-03-16 at 11:23 AM.
Old 02-03-16, 11:20 AM

Regarding your last question, if you're in the Blu-Ray club (which you are if you ordered any blu rays in your enrollment package) then if you fulfill with anything other than one of these specially marked pre-orders, then the minimum purchase price for a fulfillment title is 29.95 (regardless of whether it is a DVD or blu ray title).

If you were in the DVD club, the minimum purchase price would have been 19.95.
Old 02-03-16, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm in the BD club.

So based on your comments, I guess I should assume that the few Studio Ghibli titles that
are currently marked as $29.95 $24.95 before offer discounts probably won't count
toward fulfillment?

($29.95 should have a strike/line through it.)

Last edited by SMART-ASS; 02-03-16 at 11:51 AM.
Old 02-03-16, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

^That is correct. That's also why you should join the *DVD* club but get BR as enrollment titles *and* use them for fulfillment. They'll then still count if discounted as long as the price is above $19.95.

To make a strike through, put your "s" inside instead of [].
Old 02-03-16, 01:22 PM

So you're talking specifically about Kiki's Delivery Service Blu + DVD and Princess Mononoke Blu + DVD, right? Those are the only 2 that I see listed like that.

My assumption would be no, but if you're really interested, it might be worth a call to DMC to ask. The way these are listed are exactly the same as the way they list the preorder titles (except that these titles allow you to discount them further with your regular monthly promotion, and the preorder titles do not)
Old 02-03-16, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
..if you're in the Blu-Ray club (which you are if you ordered any blu rays in your enrollment package)...
Are you sure about that? I was under the impression if you join via the DVD club link you're in the DVD club even if you get BR as enrollment titles. I've never tested this but the agreement doesn't seem to change as you progress though checkout.
Old 02-03-16, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
^That is correct. That's also why you should join the *DVD* club but get BR as enrollment titles *and* use them for fulfillment. They'll then still count if discounted as long as the price is above $19.95.

To make a strike through, put your "s" inside instead of [].
Can you do that? I was under the assumption that as soon as you added a BD to your enrollment order, it puts you in the BD club
Old 02-03-16, 01:28 PM

Lol, we both questioned each others' statements at the same time. I don't believe I've ever tested your theory either, but I thought there was only one site, and the club you got directed to depended on what you ordered. I didn't think you could order Blu's as enrollments if you were in the DVD club.
Old 02-03-16, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I looked at the T&C to be sure. Here's what it says:

As a Disney Movie Club member, all you need to do is buy 5 movies at regular Club prices in the next 24 months (starting at $19.95 per DVD and $29.95 per Blu-ray for a member who joins under a DVD enrollment offer or starting at $29.95 per DVD and $29.95 per Blu-ray for a member who joins under a Blu-ray enrollment offer), plus shipping and processing...
So you just need to make sure you join using a DVD enrollment offer (code) and you should be OK. And it looks like the BR amount is *still* $29.95 for fulfillment... bummer. But at least you could use some lower cost DVD titles if you wished and fulfill for less.

I may be testing this in the near future as it's been some time since I was a member and they've added enough stuff to interest me again.
Old 02-03-16, 01:35 PM

That doesn't say anything about whether or not you can order Blu's as enrollments, but even if you can, according those terms, even if you join under the DVD offer code, you need to make a minimum purchase of 29.95 if you order Blu's for your fulfillment titles.

So it's really the same deal, unless you're going to order DVD's for fulfillments.
Old 02-03-16, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Does that 25% also have Free shipping option? If it does then there are a couple ways you could save a bit of money, but $50 is about as cheaply as it can be done.
Use the 25% plus FS option and order a couple items that aren't eligible for % off discounts.

Aladdin 2/3 ($27), Good Dinosaur 2d or 3d (24.95/29.95), Snow White (26.95) -- none of these are going to be substantially cheaper at retail especially if you don't
pay tax and can get FS.

What you absolutely want to avoid at all costs is missing the fulfillment deadline b/c if that happens you will end up not being dinged 29.95 for your missing orders, but
you will be charged full price for all those enrollments items. As mentioned you can't think about how 'expensive' these are anymore than you can think that you paid $0.20 for those
1st 5 items (or $3 each for those first 7)
No the other offer does not include free shipping.

I really really wish they would just make the system show you what does or doesn't count as a fulfillment when it's added to your cart.
Of course then they wouldn't get people to pay so much for the fulfillment titles. Don't get me wrong, I know it's a good deal when you include the enrollment titles, I just wish they made it a little easier, and I loathe having to call on the phone for stuff like this.

So what I'll most likely do is just hope for a free shipping offer soon,
and just bite-it on 2 $30 titles and be done.
Then I'll join again since they have enough newer enrollment titles that I'd like to have.

Thank you to everyone for all your responses and help.
Greatly appreciated!
Old 02-03-16, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh, and btw, the last time I signed up, I believe the code I used allowed me to get a better
deal than the standard offer.
Are the codes still working that way?..., and if so, what is the best code to use right now?
TIA
Old 02-03-16, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SMART-ASS
I really really wish they would just make the system show you what does or doesn't count as a fulfillment when it's added to your cart.
Same here. I also hate how purchasing a "expensive" title doesn't count as more than one fulfillment (unless something's changed). The last time I was a member I purchased the Zorro season sets and each only counted as a single fulfillment. That same title from CH would have counted for 3.
Old 02-03-16, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^ Cool thanks for the codes.
I was doing a little googling for codes and did find that first one (28563),
already tried it and it still works.
That is basically the exact same deal I got 2 years ago,
so it's nice that the deals haven't gotten more costly.
Old 02-03-16, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^ty!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.