Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Disney Blu-ray Club!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-16, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

I had an offer for a Marvel Civil War poster if I link my Disney Movie Rewards to Fandango. Can't seem to find the dimensions of the poster... does anyone know?
Old 05-04-16, 09:52 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

It's not listed on the site right now. I was curious about that as well.
Old 05-04-16, 10:36 AM

Received 1,907 Likes on 1,126 Posts

Ugh, I forgot to cancel the membership and then decline a title so they sent me something I ordered already from my previous account. So now I get to return it for credit and hang on to my account a little longer until I find something worth spending it on.
Old 05-04-16, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

If you hadn't opened it, you could just write return to sender on it, and they would credit it back to your card when they receive it.
Old 05-05-16, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by trespoochies
It's not listed on the site right now. I was curious about that as well.
Site and the offer seem to be working today. I found:

Actual Size 11” x 17”

I was considering getting all three, but at that size, seems like a pass.
Old 06-28-16, 02:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 247 Likes on 184 Posts

About to join for the first time and had two questions
1. How long does it take for a new film to show up as enrollment eligible? If it's just a month or so might wait for Zootopia to become available.
2. When you preorder a title from there as a fulfillment title how close to release day do you get it?
Old 01-12-17, 07:28 PM

Anyone have a code for joining that is current? Both of the above (28563 along with a Free Mickey blanket! 30058 adds a Free Olaf Blanket ) tell me they do not exist. Thanks!
Old 01-12-17, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Another forum lists 41115 & 39557 as current codes with the same terms (I haven't compared), but without the blanket(s). I entered both to see if they would work and they were accepted.
Old 02-09-17, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Contemplating another round with DMC but whenever I go to the web address I get rerouted to Disney.com. Whenever I click on the DMC link at the bottom of that page I get sent to another part of the site. Is their website just being wonky today, or did they change the location of the site?

edit: and just as I just hit send on this msg the link finally takes me to the actual site.
Old 07-19-17, 04:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts

The 4K edition of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 is available as a pre-order on DMC for $34.99 (no additional discounts)
Old 12-31-17, 09:53 AM

I was going to sig up again today and noticed that in the movie selection, you cannot tell which edition of some of the films you will receive. I want to have digital copies of most of the films, and for films like Toy Story where there is an edition with digital copies, I cannot tell if it is the correct version.
Old 01-03-18, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same here. Nothing to tel you if it's a DVD, Blu-Ray, or both (Combo Pack) and if it includes the digital copy. Not sure when they changed this, but it's a real problem for those that care and don't want to be sent the DVD, or the version without the DC, when you know there is a version with both included.

Was interested in re-joining given they now have enough available that I don't have on BD, but not if I can't see what I'm ordering.
Old 01-03-18, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

I haven't done so before, but I believe you can sign up via telephone? Disappointing that it's not obvious online, but perhaps they can tell you over the phone.
Old 01-03-18, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
I haven't done so before, but I believe you can sign up via telephone? Disappointing that it's not obvious online, but perhaps they can tell you over the phone.
Got the call in number and the best current code?
Old 01-03-18, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

The only reason I’d rejoin is for a few of the exclusive Blu-rays. Not sure if it’s really worth the hassle though for some bare bones discs. I mainly want Cool Runnings and maybe the three Mighty Ducks films.
Old 01-03-18, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Personally I also really like the first two Honey I Shrunk..." films as well. Never picked them up on DVD. Sad they are not getting SE's, but the days of Disney putting out SE"s of older live action classics are long gone.
Old 01-15-18, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What 4k movies does the club currently list? Are there ever any deals on them? (Worth rejoining just for some 4k titles? I just got a 4k UHD blu-ray player.)

Last edited by cgray; 01-15-18 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-30-18, 04:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

How do you find out about the upcoming ones?
Old 05-14-18, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

I just recently re-enrolled for the first time in a while and wanted to give a heads up to others about getting bonus titles. They redid the enrollment site, so you actually have to confirm your order on the 'last step' page, and after that is when you get to pick any bonus titles. It's pretty counter-intuitive, and there's nothing on the site that gives you any indication that that's how it works.
Old 02-02-19, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts

Just so this thread doesn't go a full year without a post. DMC now offers Disney 4KUHD (around 20-22 current or preorders).
Like other premium formats like 3D of TV Sets these aren't allowed in your initial enrollment package of 5-7 items.

New US Promo Codes with the same general information:
5 for $1 plus Free Shipping and 3 Full Priced Commitments. Commitment now only have to be $19.95+ over 24 months whether DVD or BD club is chosen
Bonus #1 $12.95 and counts as Commitment #1 so only 2 more to buy over 24 months
Bonus #2 $8.95 does not count as a commitment

It appears DMC is now having to collect sales tax in around 30-35 states. I suspect the other 10 will follow soon enough
61749 -- Adds a COCO Blanket to enrollment package and free shipping on all purchases apparently forever
55218 and 55219 -- Incredible 2/Jack-Jack Blanket and appears to have the same permanent Free Shipping (these are brand new and not enough folks have signed up with it to be absolutely sure of the long term FS)

48805 -- old terms, no blanket and normal S&H after the enrollment package
It appears a lot of the other blanket codes for Finding Dory, Cars 3, and Moana are now dead though none of them had the new Free Shipping perk

Old 02-03-19, 12:52 AM

Received 1,907 Likes on 1,126 Posts

I've been thinking about joining again, that Incredibles code is great. I think I may go for it soon, thank you.
Old 02-03-19, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by story
I've been thinking about joining again, that Incredibles code is great. I think I may go for it soon, thank you.
Those two appeared within the last couple weeks so the details aren't 100% yet, but they appear to be similar/identical to the 61749 that I have used. The Free Shipping appear legit and has applied to 4 orders so far including my commitment shipments and an order I placed with a "B1G60% off the rest" offer. The permanent FS showed up at about the same time as DMC started adding sales tax so thoughts are it was Disney's way of compensating for the increased cost. For folks who were waiting for a cheap way to stock up on a bunch of 4K titles at once, the 60% off items means most are going to be around $14ea and some around 12 (of course you have to factor the B1 at $35 to trigger the off, but still......)

Another note -- after you meet your Commitment purchases and become a VIP, DMC is adding an extra one-time use "B1 at regular price G60% off the other eligible title" that is either good for the rest of the calendar year or possibly longer. There usually are about 5 cycles per year that B1G60% off show up for all VIP's but it;s nice to have a spare that can be used at any time.

The new lower commitment price ($20 instead of $30) also allow for interesting strategy of trying to keep a couple lower price items for those 2 picks -- trying to pick 29.95 titles in the enrollment package and save two 19.95 or 24.95 picks for your commitment picks. It also makes that 2nd Bonus pick a little more interesting since if you use $25 or less titles for your commitments, that 8.95 title actually increases your average cost/item slightly. If you have a lot of titles to get the tiny extra isn't worth worrying about, but if you are like me and are having a hard time finding even 6-8 items to make a full cycle, then it's an easy choice to drop it and just make a 6 item enrollment for $13 instead of 7 for 22 we's always done almost automatically.

Current DMC Title List -- including which are enrollment eligible, which have digital codes, and basic prices which will change intermittently so take with a bit of YMMV. I've not used Google Doc sharing so let me know if something isn't showing up correctly.
DMC Blu-ray Catalog Summary

A bit of a warning -- this spreadsheet was done manually over a couple of years, so I'm sure there are probably a few errors on the catalog numbers and release dates particularly on some of the items that have 4-5-6 releases. If you find an error, PM or post here

Last edited by hariseldon; 02-04-19 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-03-19, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

The other thing you need to know if you haven't signed up for DMC in a while is that if you sign up online, the 2 extra titles can only be ordered from a select list (mostly the standards that most people already have) and you only get to pick those after you've already picked your 5 enrollment titles for a dollar and submitted your credit card information. So you probably want to review the list (Available here) and make your strategy for what you're going to order before you place it. When I placed my last order, there were only 2 titles on the list that I didn't already own, and I nearly ordered one of them as part of my 5 for a dollar, which would have left me with nothing to order for my bonus titles.

Conversely, you don't mind calling your order in, they will generally let you pick from any enrollment eligible title for your bonus titles.
Old 02-03-19, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
The other thing you need to know if you haven't signed up for DMC in a while is that if you sign up online, the 2 extra titles can only be ordered from a select list (mostly the standards that most people already have) and you only get to pick those after you've already picked your 5 enrollment titles for a dollar and submitted your credit card information. So you probably want to review the list (Available here) and make your strategy for what you're going to order before you place it. When I placed my last order, there were only 2 titles on the list that I didn't already own, and I nearly ordered one of them as part of my 5 for a dollar, which would have left me with nothing to order for my bonus titles.

Conversely, you don't mind calling your order in, they will generally let you pick from any enrollment eligible title for your bonus titles.
Most people just do the original picks online -- enter email/password/addresses etc then either pick anything acceptable to lock the Commitment Bonus (just as worst case scenaria) or nothing at all then call or chat within a couple hours once you have your acct number or online account set up to have them change the Bonus Picks to something you'd rather have.

I find it easier to do all the heavy lifting online so I don't have to repeat and spell and double check which seems to take 20-30 minutes, then do a 5-10 minute chat to fix the rest ASSUMING you don't want any of their Bonus Choices. The chat most of the time is easier is you pick a time of the day they're open -- usually b/w Noon and 8pm ET M-F and occasionally a bit outside those hours.
Old 03-10-19, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I know a lot of people have wished for years for this pair to finally appear

Probable release 4/23/2019 as DMC Exclusives
A Goofy Movie Blu-ray
An Extremely Goofy Movie Blu-ray

Cinderella preorders should go live 3/26
Cinderella II/III DMC Exclusive also

Captain America 2 and 3 4KUHD are expected to be part of DMC on 4/23 which is the presumed release date. Like First Avenger it doesn't appear
they will get a preorder period

Jungle Book (1967) will be released as a short term Limited Release DMC Exclusive without Digital Copy and with unique Slipcover (like 101 Dalmatians was in Nov).
Both these non-signature items have a date of 9/30/2019 as their end date

Last edited by hariseldon; 03-24-19 at 09:41 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.