Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Summer 2012)

pinata242
01-05-12, 09:50 AM
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/05/lego-batman-2-dc-super-heroes-gliding-through-gotham-in-summer/

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2012/01/batmanlego2530pxheaderimg2.jpg

After being outed by Lego's own advertising team in a series of toys, Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes is officially on its way to pretty much every gaming device out there, starting in summer 2012. Beyond the platform ubiquity, WB unveiled the game's main cast, which has Superman, Green Lantern, and Wonder Woman joining forces with Gotham's famous bat and bird.

We're also told "notorious villains" like Lex Luthor and Joker will be a part of the game, providing a good serving of antagonism for the super hero quintet. Batman series staples such as the Batmobile and Batwing will also make appearances, albeit in Lego form. Developer TT Games is once again at the helm, no doubt infusing its silly sense of humor into Batman's typically grim career.

Press Release:

WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT, TT GAMES AND THE LEGO GROUP

ANNOUNCE LEGO® BATMAN™ 2: DC SUPER HEROES

The Highly-Anticipated Sequel to the Best-Selling LEGO® Videogame of All Time Returns with
Help from Super Heroes including Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern

Burbank, Calif. – Jan. 5, 2012 – Batman is back to save Gotham City and the action will only build from here! Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, TT Games and The LEGO Group are teaming up once again to announce that LEGO® Batman™ 2: DC Super Heroes will be available beginning Summer 2012 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Wii™ system, and Windows PC, as well as the Nintendo DS™ hand-held system, Nintendo 3DS™ hand-held system, and PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system. The game is the sequel to the best-selling LEGO® Batman™: The Videogame, which to date has sold more than 11 million units worldwide.

LEGO Batman™ 2: DC Super Heroes complements the brand new, recently released LEGO® Super Heroes: DC Universe toy collection. The line includes five construction sets, such as The Batcave and three buildable, detailed action figures.

In LEGO Batman™ 2: DC Super Heroes, the Dynamic Duo of Batman and Robin join other famous super heroes from the DC Universe including Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern to save Gotham City from destruction at the hands of the notorious villains Lex Luthor and the Joker. Batman fans of all ages will enjoy a new and original story filled with classic LEGO videogame action and humor as players fight to put the villains back behind bars.

"LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes builds upon the action and cooperative gameplay experience established in our best-selling LEGO video game to date, LEGO Batman: The Videogame," said Tom Stone, Managing Director, TT Games. "We're offering fans a rich and expansive Gotham City environment filled with cool characters, great customization options and plenty of surprises that families, young gamers and DC Universe fans can enjoy together."

"LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes further extends and combines both the Batman and LEGO videogame experiences to create very fun gameplay," said Samantha Ryan, Senior Vice President, Development and Production, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. "Fans of all ages are going to enjoy the action and light hearted humor that TT Games and LEGO provide."

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes allows players to explore all new areas of Gotham City utilizing a variety of vehicles including the Batmobile and Batwing. In addition, they'll be able to fight for justice by mastering new gadgets and suits, such as Batman's Power Suit and Robins' Hazard Cannon, and using all-new abilities including flight, super-breath and heat vision.

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes is being developed by TT Games and will be published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. For more information, please visit www.videogames.LEGO.com.

About TT Games
TT Games, wholly owned by Warner Bros. Entertainment Group, is the combined publishing and development group behind the hit games LEGO® Star Wars™, LEGO® Batman™, LEGO® Indiana Jones™, LEGO® Pirates of the Caribbean™ and LEGO® Harry Potter™. Incorporating renowned UK developer Traveller's Tales, TT Games has a distinctive focus on console, handheld, mobile and PC games of the highest quality, aimed at young gamers and their families. For more information, please visit www.ttgames.com.

About the LEGO Group
The LEGO Group (www.LEGO.com) is a privately held, family-owned company, based in Billund, Denmark. It was founded in 1932 and today the group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of play materials for children. The company is committed to the development of children's creative and imaginative abilities through its products, which can be purchased in more than 130 countries. Visit www.LEGO.com

About Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, a division of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group, is a premier worldwide publisher, developer, licensor and distributor of entertainment content for the interactive space across all current and future platforms, including console, handheld and PC-based gaming for both internal and third party game titles.

About DC Entertainment
DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash, etc.), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables, etc.) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating across Warner Bros. and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment, and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is the largest English-language publisher of comics in the world.

LEGO BATMAN 2: DC SUPER HEROES software © 2012 TT Games Publishing Ltd. Produced by TT Games under license from the LEGO Group. LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and the Knob configurations and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group. © 2012 The LEGO Group. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.

Batman and all related characters, and elements are trademarks of DC Comics © 2012. All Rights Reserved.
WB GAMES LOGO, WB SHIELD: ™ & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
(s12)
Windows, Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox LIVE are either registered trademarks or trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.

fumanstan
01-05-12, 09:56 AM
Sweet.

Deftones
01-05-12, 10:14 AM
yes! sweet!

Kedrix
01-05-12, 10:19 AM
F'ing awesome! The first Lego Batman was my favorite Lego of all time (with a close second to the first Harry Potter). But now it looks like we get other DC Heroes to boot (I nominate Green Lantern, Flash, and Lobo along with the full range of Robins and their alter egos (Red Robin, Nightwing, Red Hood, etc)).

I think I need to go back to the old Lego Batman and get the remaining 200 achievement points in celebration of this grand annoucement.

DVDChris
01-05-12, 10:52 AM
Very cool!

crazychris88
01-05-12, 11:04 AM
Thank the video game gods! The lego games are by far my favorite games of the last decade ( along with the new Donkey Kong for Wii.) just fun all the way through. The original Batman LEgo game is one of the 3 lego games I havnt played all the way through yet (along with Harry potter 5-8 and Star wars 3. But i own all of em) So, i cant wait for this new Batman Lego game for Wii. Sweet!!!!!!!!

Kedrix
01-05-12, 11:17 AM
I hope I'm wrong, but does anybody else get the impression from reading the press release that we might not get villains stories to play with this time around? Surely, we will get characters...but I highly enjoyed that half of the game was villain based before. It seems like that they might base this one solely on the heroes this time around.

chuckd21
01-05-12, 02:30 PM
I hope I'm wrong, but does anybody else get the impression from reading the press release that we might not get villains stories to play with this time around? Surely, we will get characters...but I highly enjoyed that half of the game was villain based before. It seems like that they might base this one solely on the heroes this time around.

LEGO Batman 3: DC Super Villains.

Dragon Fly
01-05-12, 04:01 PM
As much as I love big complex adrenaline pumping games, I simply can't get enough of Lego games! Still have Batman Lego on my shelf and I've been holding out on it until I can really dedicate some time since I know I'll love it. Been playing Pirates of the Caribbean Lego lately.

With this announcement, I hope Lego Avatar the Last Airbender, Lego LOTR, and Lego Toy Story aren't far behind!

MoviePage
01-05-12, 04:12 PM
With this announcement, I hope Lego Avatar the Last Airbender, Lego LOTR, and Lego Toy Story aren't far behind!

The way things are going, those will all be released in 2013, along with 2 or 3 Lego sequels.

Dragon Fly
01-05-12, 05:05 PM
The way things are going, those will all be released in 2013, along with 2 or 3 Lego sequels.

Sadly, I think I'm okay with that.

pinata242
01-05-12, 05:52 PM
They haven't let us down yet, so why fret it?

Texan26
01-05-12, 06:46 PM
Lego also has a new Marvel line toys coming out this year so I wouldn't be surprised to see Lego Spider-man, X-Men, Avengers, etc.. video games in the future.

pinata242
01-05-12, 07:03 PM
LEGO Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I'd buy it. Not as fast as LEGO X-Men Legends, but I'd buy it.

Anubis2005X
01-05-12, 07:10 PM
I think I'm LEGO gamed out. Seems a bit saturated...

davidh777
01-05-12, 11:30 PM
They should do Lego Legion of Super-Heroes (had to read that twice as I was typing it)

LorenzoL
01-06-12, 09:28 AM
As much as I like the Lego games, I never buy them on release day and wait until it goes down to $20 to get them.

Decker
01-06-12, 09:38 AM
Lego also has a new Marvel line toys coming out this year so I wouldn't be surprised to see Lego Spider-man, X-Men, Avengers, etc.. video games in the future.

And I wouldn't be surprised if DC had some sort of clause in their licensing agreements of this game that precluded them from making a Marvel game as well.

Wolf359
01-06-12, 09:41 AM
What's the appeal of these games? I always thought they were simple platformers, just with a Lego license.

Xander
01-06-12, 09:49 AM
I really liked Lego Batman and my son is a huge DC Superfriends fan, so I'm really looking forward to this one! :up:

Kedrix
01-06-12, 10:44 AM
What's the appeal of these games? I always thought they were simple platformers, just with a Lego license.

The appeal to me is getting all of the characters, easy achievements (for the most part), in case of Harry Potter and ones based on actual movie events how well they get the little things right and great co-op play. My wife and myself have an absolute ball playing it. Sure you die plenty of times at first but since it hardly penalizes you at all for it, nobody usually gets upset or frustrated. (except at the occasional glitch). They are some of the greatest pick up and play type games of this generation. The only bad ones to date I've played in my opinion were the Indiana Jones ones. But Batman, Potter, Star Wars all complete blasts.

Guru Askew
01-06-12, 08:37 PM
I think I'm LEGO gamed out. Seems a bit saturated...

A month ago I would have agreed with you. They released 3 games last year within a few months (Clone Wars, Pirates and Harry Potter 2) and not only did I play all three but I also finally got around to playing the first Potter game immediately before starting the second. I'm not talking casual play, I'm talking 100%/1000gs play. I played the two "Star Wars" trilogy games on the original Xbox but I've played every subsequent game to completion on the 360 starting with the "Complete Saga" Star Wars one so at this point I practically have to complete each one.

Playing both Potter games back-to-back was tedious to say the least but it hasn't been that long and I'm ready for another one. They're formulaic and repetitive but they're fun as hell and unlocking everything is extremely satisfying.

dvdsteve2000
01-07-12, 12:37 PM
Lego Batman was awesome, even though I'm glitched from getting my one final achievement, and Lego Pirates was my favorite so far (1k/1k). I've started the Star Wars, Harry Potter, and Indy series, but none of them have drawn me in like Pirates and Batman. I am so ready for Lego Batman 2!!

PopcornTreeCt
01-07-12, 05:52 PM
As much as I like the Lego games, I never buy them on release day and wait until it goes down to $20 to get them.

Agreed. I think they're a lot of fun but only worth $20. I'm curious if they'll actually make Superman fly.

dvdsteve2000
01-07-12, 06:06 PM
Why are they only worth $20? I've put as much time and effort into Pirates and Batman as I did, say...Portal 2, Arkham Asylum/City, and Dead Space (1 or 2). They are full-fledged games in my opinion, and well worth full price. Not saying there's anything wrong with waiting for a bargain, just saying they are as meaty as many other games.

Giantrobo
01-07-12, 07:24 PM
I can't stand the Lego games but this looks kinda interesting.

adrenaline78
01-08-12, 10:55 AM
Can't wait for this one, but I will!

PopcornTreeCt
01-08-12, 11:19 AM
Why are they only worth $20? I've put as much time and effort into Pirates and Batman as I did, say...Portal 2, Arkham Asylum/City, and Dead Space (1 or 2). They are full-fledged games in my opinion, and well worth full price. Not saying there's anything wrong with waiting for a bargain, just saying they are as meaty as many other games.

I don't feel that way. Even though I did put a lot of time into Batman and Indy Jones, I still felt like I was doing the same thing over and over again. Other games are often tedious like that, but I give them a pass because they're huge expansive worlds.

pinata242
01-08-12, 11:42 AM
I think, too, that it doesn't help their $60 cause because the entries are so frequent and so similar. Not that that's a valid argument, I'm just saying that some people would make that case.

Obi-Wan Jabroni
01-08-12, 02:23 PM
I find it hard to justify paying full price for any game without an online component, plus it doesn't really take long for these games to drop into the $20 range.

Decker
01-08-12, 02:52 PM
To be fair, they're $49.99 MSRP games, not $59.99 ones. Something the Rayman Origins folks should have considered.

alxreys
03-15-12, 11:37 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lC7QkNqaHjU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RocShemp
03-15-12, 11:59 AM
I cannot wait! :D

Cusm
03-15-12, 01:27 PM
I still have not finished the first Batman, my son is not a huge Batman/DC fan so I will wait for the $20 price point and to finish the first one. I buy all the games for my son and I to play, he is a HUGE Lego fan and our house is full of Legos in what seems like every room. When Marvel comes out that might be a $30-40 purchase as he really likes those characters. I still need to pick up the 2 Indy games too, but I am so cheap I am waiting to find them for $5 each.

Deftones
03-15-12, 01:42 PM
I hope there's more than just Superman because that's basically all they show.

Jcheckel
03-15-12, 02:04 PM
First post also, mentions that Wonder Woman and Green Lantern were announced, and I could have sworn I saw something somewhere about The Flash, but I can't seem to find that now.

Texan26
03-15-12, 04:37 PM
The Joker is speaking at the end of that clip. None of the characters spoke in the first game.

DaveyJoe
03-15-12, 04:48 PM
The Joker is speaking at the end of that clip. None of the characters spoke in the first game.

Also worth noting that it's Mark Hammill, who has said about a dozen times that he'd never play The Joker again.

Deftones
03-15-12, 05:44 PM
FWIW, I was looking at IGN and apparently this is the "Superman" trailer. So that's why he's so prominently featured.

RocShemp
03-15-12, 06:23 PM

And that was the voice of Clancy Brown at the beginning as Lex Luthor.

alxreys
05-22-12, 10:11 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u0OnKrKKHL0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pinata242
05-22-12, 10:28 AM
That looks incredible! I love how they're not resting on their laurels in the LEGO franchise.

Brewc
05-22-12, 05:27 PM
I'e seen a Heros and Villans DLC pre-order packs, I hope all these will be in game after you beat it, don't wanna buy two copies.

Guru Askew
05-22-12, 07:28 PM
I'e seen a Heros and Villans DLC pre-order packs, I hope all these will be in ge after you beat it, don't wanna buy two copies.

Wal-Mart had a DLC character pack for Lego Harry Potter 2 that was made available shortly afterwards (like within weeks). People who preorder at the specific retailers will get them for free and early too but they should be available to everyone eventually.

and as with all these games there's never an ability that isn't possessed by several characters. I actually had the LHP2 Wal-Mart DLC and I remember one of the characters gave me access to one of the special abilities a lot earlier than any of the core unlockable characters but even so, it was slightly convenient at best.

pinata242
05-22-12, 09:26 PM
Will these not just be characters that you unlock/buy in the game anyway? Or are they actually bonus skins on the already-available skillz?

Deftones
05-22-12, 10:06 PM
New characters. Amazon had the heroes listed as of yesterday.

Rob V
05-23-12, 08:55 AM
Was able to pre-order this at Amazon for $37 shipped two weeks ago.

Deftones
05-23-12, 10:38 AM
Was able to pre-order this at Amazon for $37 shipped two weeks ago.

I posted about that in the video games thread. i probably should've bumped this thread, too, so people could've seen it. I got in at that price, too.

majorjoe23
05-23-12, 10:58 AM
Lego games end up dropping so quickly that while I want to buy it I'm going to hold off until it's $20 or so.

nickdawgy
05-23-12, 12:30 PM
Same here. Too much out there anyway.

Decker
05-23-12, 02:21 PM
I pre-ordered it for that $37 price to keep my options open. I would have been fine waiting, though. Since it comes with some DLC, I might just keep it now.

I read in either OXM or PTOM that this game will have mid-level saves (at fucking last!). Nothing was more annoying than spending 30 minutes trying to solve all the puzzles in a level and then having to leave or turn the system off before ending the level and losing all the progress. This is a series of kids' games and it's taken them, what, 10 games, to figure out that a mid-level save system is a good idea.

Kedrix
05-23-12, 02:32 PM
I pre-ordered it for that $37 price to keep my options open. I would have been fine waiting, though. Since it comes with some DLC, I might just keep it now.

I read in either OXM or PTOM that this game will have mid-level saves (at fucking last!). Nothing was more annoying than spending 30 minutes trying to solve all the puzzles in a level and then having to leave or turn the system off before ending the level and losing all the progress. This is a series of kids' games and it's taken them, what, 10 games, to figure out that a mid-level save system is a good idea.

Awesome, totally agree about the mid level save. I was playing the 2nd Potter game with my wife and the 2nd level on Year 5 took us FOREVER. We finally finished it but she got so burnt out on it that I'll probably end up finishing it myself :(. This should have been implemented eons ago.

Matt
05-25-12, 10:02 AM
Cheevos (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/lego-batman-2-dc-super-heroes/achievements/)

There are 37 achievements with a total of 1000 points.

Gorilla Thriller (20 points)
Climb to the top of Wayne tower while riding a Gorilla and playing as a female character.

Kal-El Last Son of Krypton (20 points)
Defeat Zod as Superman

Green Lantern's Light (20 points)
Defeat Sinestro as Green Lantern

It's A Bird... It's A Plane... (20 points)
Fly with Superman

Inferior Machines (20 points)
With Brainiac, defeat any LexBot

Girl Power (20 points)
Unlock all female heroes and villains. (Single Player Only)

The House of Luthor (20 points)
Obtain more than 10,100,000,000 Studs (Single Player Only)

Combo Hero (20 points)
Do a finishing move

Subway Hero (20 points)
Use the Gotham City Metro

Super-Villain (20 points)
Unlock all the Bosses (Single Player Only)

Toy Gotham (20 points)
Complete the Bonus level

Justice League (20 points)
Unlock all Justice League characters (Single Player Only)

Dynamic Duo (20 points)
Play a level in co-op

My Hero (50 points)
Rescue all Citizens in Peril (Single Player Only)

Super Hero (50 points)
Get Super Hero in all levels (Single Player Only)

Team Building (50 points)
Unlock all characters (Single Player Only)

Minikit Hero (20 points)
Use all the Minikit vehicles

Test Hero (20 points)
Test a custom character

Extra! Extra! (20 points)
Collect all the red bricks (Single Player Only)

The End (70 points)
Get 100% (Single Player Only)

Halfway Through (50 points)
Get 50% (Single Player Only)

City Slicker (35 points)
Collect all the gold bricks (Single Player Only)

Heroes Unite (25 points)
Complete story level 15

Tower Defiance (25 points)
Complete story level 14

Core Instability (25 points)
Complete story level 13

The Next President (25 points)
Complete story level 12

Underground Retreat (25 points)
Complete story level 11

Down to Earth (25 points)
Complete story level 10

Research and Development (25 points)
Complete story level 9

Destination Metropolis (25 points)
Complete story level 8

Unwelcome Guests (25 points)
Complete story level 7

Chemical Signature (25 points)
Complete story level 6

Chemical Crisis (25 points)
Complete story level 5

Asylum Assignment (25 points)
Complete story level 4

Arkham Asylum Antics (25 points)
Complete story level 3

Harboring a Criminal (25 points)
Complete story level 2

Theatrical Pursuits (25 points)
Complete story level 1

LorenzoL
05-26-12, 06:07 PM
Cheevos (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/lego-batman-2-dc-super-heroes/achievements/)

There are 37 achievements with a total of 1000 points.

Gorilla Thriller (20 points)
Climb to the top of Wayne tower while riding a Gorilla and playing as a female character.

Kal-El Last Son of Krypton (20 points)
Defeat Zod as Superman

Green Lantern's Light (20 points)
Defeat Sinestro as Green Lantern

It's A Bird... It's A Plane... (20 points)
Fly with Superman

Inferior Machines (20 points)
With Brainiac, defeat any LexBot

Girl Power (20 points)
Unlock all female heroes and villains. (Single Player Only)

The House of Luthor (20 points)
Obtain more than 10,100,000,000 Studs (Single Player Only)

Combo Hero (20 points)
Do a finishing move

Subway Hero (20 points)
Use the Gotham City Metro

Super-Villain (20 points)
Unlock all the Bosses (Single Player Only)

Toy Gotham (20 points)
Complete the Bonus level

Justice League (20 points)
Unlock all Justice League characters (Single Player Only)

Dynamic Duo (20 points)
Play a level in co-op

My Hero (50 points)
Rescue all Citizens in Peril (Single Player Only)

Super Hero (50 points)
Get Super Hero in all levels (Single Player Only)

Team Building (50 points)
Unlock all characters (Single Player Only)

Minikit Hero (20 points)
Use all the Minikit vehicles

Test Hero (20 points)
Test a custom character

Extra! Extra! (20 points)
Collect all the red bricks (Single Player Only)

The End (70 points)
Get 100% (Single Player Only)

Halfway Through (50 points)
Get 50% (Single Player Only)

City Slicker (35 points)
Collect all the gold bricks (Single Player Only)

Heroes Unite (25 points)
Complete story level 15

Tower Defiance (25 points)
Complete story level 14

Core Instability (25 points)
Complete story level 13

The Next President (25 points)
Complete story level 12

Underground Retreat (25 points)
Complete story level 11

Down to Earth (25 points)
Complete story level 10

Research and Development (25 points)
Complete story level 9

Destination Metropolis (25 points)
Complete story level 8

Unwelcome Guests (25 points)
Complete story level 7

Chemical Signature (25 points)
Complete story level 6

Chemical Crisis (25 points)
Complete story level 5

Asylum Assignment (25 points)
Complete story level 4

Arkham Asylum Antics (25 points)
Complete story level 3

Harboring a Criminal (25 points)
Complete story level 2

Theatrical Pursuits (25 points)
Complete story level 1
They seem fairly manageable...

pinata242
05-27-12, 12:27 AM
Except you're forgetting about the bugs and glitches that go with every Lego game. These are the same achievements we see for every game and every game breaks for 80% of the players going for achievements. It is known.

LorenzoL
05-27-12, 01:34 AM
Except you're forgetting about the bugs and glitches that go with every Lego game. These are the same achievements we see for every game and every game breaks for 80% of the players going for achievements. It is known.
Yes, I forgot that the bugs and glitches are a given to the Lego games :(

Decker
06-07-12, 05:59 PM
Awesome news for those of us who snagged this pre-order at $37.50 : Amazon has added a $10 Credit for all pre-orders, including existing ones. To get the game plus DLC for $27 at launch is a pretty great deal.

Here's the fine print:

$10 Credit and Pre-order Bonus Offer
Pre-order LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes for Xbox 360 or PS3 and get a $10 Amazon credit good toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including but not limited to Kindle books, Gift Cards, and Amazon Appstore for Android apps) as well as access to the rare Heroes Skin Pack. This rare collection features Nightwing, Katana, Shazam, Zatanna, plus the brand-new Robin--Bruce Wayne's son, Damian Wayne. Offer valid on all existing pre-orders. The promotional credit and Heroes Skin Pack access code will be e-mailed within two business days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Limit one per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Please read the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live terms of use.

Deftones
06-07-12, 09:09 PM
I saw that.

Brewc
06-08-12, 11:36 AM
Was in walmart and saw they have a $10 credit for this too, whats going on? Plus come with Green Lantern Emerald Knights Bluray

superfro
06-18-12, 04:57 PM
Super excited for this release tomorrow! Hope they have their shit together with the bugs! (I know they won't.)

dsa_shea
06-18-12, 05:53 PM
I've got mine on the way from Amazon with their 10 dollar credit. Can't wait!

Deftones
06-18-12, 06:46 PM
Mine hasn't shipped yet from Amazon, which leads me to believe I'm getting it from our local delivery company tomorrow.

dsa_shea
06-18-12, 11:12 PM
IGN gives it an 8.5. I really can't wait to play this now.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/19/lego-batman-2-dc-super-heroes-review

Deftones
06-18-12, 11:29 PM
Just got my Amazon codes. Giggity.

dsa_shea
06-18-12, 11:32 PM
Just got my Amazon codes. Giggity.

What code? The ten dollar promotion or were there other codes?

Deftones
06-18-12, 11:40 PM
$10 code and the heroes 5 character dlc.

dsa_shea
06-19-12, 09:25 AM
I got my codes as well! Now I'm just waiting on the game. Looks awesome!

Deftones
06-19-12, 01:26 PM
my copy just showed up! :banana:

i have to go pick up my son and can't play for a while. :sad:

dsa_shea
06-19-12, 01:55 PM
Sucks that UPS average delivery time for me is around 6 in the evening. I wish they would understand my need for this to be delivered earlier in the day so that I can actually play it. Around that time is when the wife comes home from work and doesn't much care for sitting there watching me play for a few hours when I'm off all day.

Deftones
06-19-12, 02:32 PM
i get lucky b/c it's Ontrac (local delivery company) since there are multiple Amazon warehouses here.

dsa_shea
06-19-12, 02:49 PM
Look what showed up earlier than expected!

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp331/dsa_shea/2012-06-19145302.jpg

Gotta cut the grass then time to kick some ass!

Deftones
06-19-12, 03:02 PM
voice acting is awesome addition. especially getting some of the "regulars" doing the voice. clancy brown as lex luthor is perfect. although hearing anyone other than mark hamill as the joker and kevin conroy as the bats is sad. :sad:

Brewc
06-19-12, 04:47 PM
Picked my copy up at Gamestop got to Superman part with my daughter and quit after that we been playing too long according to momma, lol. The code for Villans is 12 character, so too long for in game, but PSN keeps timing out to check there.

dsa_shea
06-19-12, 07:43 PM
Picked my copy up at Gamestop got to Superman part with my daughter and quit after that we been playing too long according to momma, lol. The code for Villans is 12 character, so too long for in game, but PSN keeps timing out to check there.

I had a problem with the PSN timing out as well but was finally able to get my heroes code to take. It includes Robin's son. WTF?

Deftones
06-19-12, 07:46 PM
Not Robin's son. Batman's son, Damien Wayne.

As for the game, I'm torn. It's good but I don't know if opening up this as a free world game makes it any better. The environments are very bland and boring. Plus, I don't get how you are supposed to play as the other characters. Is every level Batman and Robin then you go back during free play and do the other characters? I've seen superman and green lantern in the "main" world, so I don't know how you get to that point. Overall, I'm not as impressed with it as I thought I would be.

I will say Batman and Robin's new suits are pretty cool, though.

dsa_shea
06-19-12, 08:06 PM

:lol: Sorry about that.

The Bus
06-19-12, 09:28 PM
I hope this is better than the first title, which was the dullest in all of the LEGO games I've played.

dsa_shea
06-19-12, 10:06 PM
I just finished the first level and it was a lot of fun. There were also at least 3 save spots where you could save it and come back later to continue the level. I like that!

superfro
06-19-12, 11:27 PM

Not Damien Wayne. Damian Wayne. ;)

Deftones
06-20-12, 11:32 AM
Just a word of advice. there was an Xbox live update this morning. I wouldn't install it. It is now telling me that my Lego Batman 2 game disc is unreadable. It might just be me, but I wouldn't take the chance. Fucking hell. And I've tried other games, and they work completely fine. So beware if you install the update. It may brick your Lego game so you can't play it.

edit: i just tried it 5x and same thing. on the 6th try the disc worked. i don't know what the fuck is going on, but since it's a brand new game and i played it for hours yesterday without issue, i doubt it's the disc.

Deftones
06-20-12, 12:58 PM
Finally got to a point where you can play superman. He is cool. :)

dsa_shea
06-20-12, 03:10 PM
That level Chemical Crisis is one long ass level. I earned well over 300,000 pieces in that level and that was despite dying several times. I think it took me right at an hour and a half to complete it.

Deftones
06-20-12, 05:46 PM
yeah the ACE Chemicals level was long as hell.

discostu1337
06-20-12, 06:11 PM
Just a word of advice. there was an Xbox live update this morning. I wouldn't install it. It is now telling me that my Lego Batman 2 game disc is unreadable. It might just be me, but I wouldn't take the chance. Fucking hell. And I've tried other games, and they work completely fine. So beware if you install the update. It may brick your Lego game so you can't play it.

edit: i just tried it 5x and same thing. on the 6th try the disc worked. i don't know what the fuck is going on, but since it's a brand new game and i played it for hours yesterday without issue, i doubt it's the disc.

There have been quite a few recent titles like that. Batman Arkham City only boots about 50% of the time, installed or not. I had Prototype 2 do the same thing twice on me as well. I think it was that update a while back where they changed some disc stuff and beta tested it with free copies of Halo to people.

Deftones
06-20-12, 06:58 PM
And now I am stuck. Bat signal in water looks like. No way to get there, no hints on what to do. I love the levels but this open world thing is pretty bad, imho.

Keith6601
06-20-12, 07:35 PM
And now I am stuck. Bat signal in water looks like. No way to get there, no hints on what to do. I love the levels but this open world thing is pretty bad, imho.

Not sure where you are but try using Superman and flying towards the symbol. My son had that problem and when I did that, it turned into a cutscene eventually.

Has anyone started "collecting" the villans yet? He beat Joker, but didn't have the coins to buy him. Now he's gone back and Joker doesn't appear where he was or the video shows him. Do they change locations or is this some glitch?

Deftones
06-20-12, 07:49 PM
Not sure where you are but try using Superman and flying towards the symbol. My son had that problem and when I did that, it turned into a cutscene eventually.

Has anyone started "collecting" the villans yet? He beat Joker, but didn't have the coins to buy him. Now he's gone back and Joker doesn't appear where he was or the video shows him. Do they change locations or is this some glitch?

This where I'm confused. How the hell do you switch to Superman? I only have Batman/Robin on screen. The instruction manual says to hold Y (xbox360) in free play to switch characters, but it doesn't say anything about the open world character switching. No tutorial or anything. It's frustrating.

As for your 2nd question, yes. I've got Captain Boomerang, Killer Croc, Harley Quinn and one other one, I think. They are pretty easy to beat. It's just costs a ton of money to buy them. That's why I'm not getting them right now anymore and focusing on the levels to build up my cash. I've also "unlocked" Ra's Al Ghul and Talia but I've not found them or figured out how to get to them. I think they are up on buildings, so once I figured out how to switch to Supes, I'll get them. :lol:

dsa_shea
06-20-12, 08:06 PM
I am in Poison Ivy's Garden and I can't get her to appear at all. Has anyone else beaten her yet and is there something that I need to do inside in order to get her to appear?

Keith6601
06-20-12, 08:16 PM
This where I'm confused. How the hell do you switch to Superman? I only have Batman/Robin on screen. The instruction manual says to hold Y (xbox360) in free play to switch characters, but it doesn't say anything about the open world character switching. No tutorial or anything. It's frustrating.

Now I'm right there with you being confused. The open world free play with any character opens after you beat the story, until then you can't switch characters. I forget which mission it is but Superman becomes part of your regular team so he's one of the people you can use in the hub. If that hasn't happened yet, I'm stumped. The only other thing I can think of is that it's not actually an island, just that part of the map hasn't "opened" yet since you haven't found the terminal so it's just darkened but you can actually get there.

I am in Poison Ivy's Garden and I can't get her to appear at all. Has anyone else beaten her yet and is there something that I need to do inside in order to get her to appear?

This is the same problem I'm having with The Joker.

Deftones
06-20-12, 09:50 PM
Now I'm right there with you being confused. The open world free play with any character opens after you beat the story, until then you can't switch characters. I forget which mission it is but Superman becomes part of your regular team so he's one of the people you can use in the hub. If that hasn't happened yet, I'm stumped. The only other thing I can think of is that it's not actually an island, just that part of the map hasn't "opened" yet since you haven't found the terminal so it's just darkened but you can actually get there.

Well, I've played Superman in the ACE chemicals level. But when I get to the computer hub things in the main world, it's either map or vehicle. No character switch. It's no different in the batcave.

As for where I'm stumped, there's a bat signal in the middle of the river near the Water Works (just to the west of it). There's nothing there when you look in and there's no way to get into the water since I don't have a boat or a water character to switch to. I'm really not liking how you select levels in this game. It was so much better in the 1st game. Oh well. I'll dick around some more and try to figure it out.

dsa_shea
06-21-12, 03:26 AM
I unlocked all of the bosses around the map and the Joker is not one of them. I'm assuming that the Joker will be obtained from beating the story. I still haven't been able to get Poison Ivy to actually show up where she is supposed to so that I can beat her and purchase her character. Also, Killer Croc didn't show up in his spot either when I went over there. However, for both of those characters there are spots that need to be cleaned up by Robin's hazard suit so maybe those characters will not show up until I can bring Robin over there. Right now my two playable characters are Batman and Superman and I'm getting ready to start level 10.

Keith6601
06-21-12, 09:11 AM
Joker is located at the Ace Chemicals plant. The terminal is in pieces but only the Flash can build it so you need to be the story to obtain him. I'm not sure about the other two.

Deftones
06-21-12, 09:32 AM
So apparently this is a mistake, where the symbol is that I'm seeing. this was on Game faqs b/c someone asked the same question:

Is this post mission 5? If so, that marker for whatever reason is a mistake. Mission 6 is started (at least for me) by following the Lex Corp Truck that is going around Gotham Park. Hope this is what you were looking for.

superfro
06-21-12, 09:48 AM
What's most troublesome about this whole project is that the Lego games are already notoriously buggy. Mix that with some open world craziness and I assume my imagination would the limit to all the things that could pop up with this game. :lol:

That being said, I'm enjoying the change up to the structure. Not a huge fan of the longer levels, but the save/checkpoints are a nice equalizer to that change as well.

dsa_shea
06-21-12, 10:15 AM
I forgot about the two locations that I needed the Flash. Has anyone encountered Poison Ivy or Killer Croc and purchased them?

Deftones
06-21-12, 10:31 AM
I got killer croc. He is underneath the water works building near the river on the right.

Rob V
06-21-12, 11:17 AM
WTF is the trend with open world games? I don't need that for Lego anything... save it for GTA and Saints Row. That said, I hope to dig into this game tonight with my 4-year old son who LOVES Batman.

Keith6601
06-21-12, 01:18 PM
Poison Ivy is behind the door that you need Robin to clear with the hazard suit. Apparently she's buggy as well as a lot of people are claiming she won't fight them. It seems that you have to leave and go right back in once or twice for the fight to finally take place.

There's an easter egg on the main screen. If you go into options and than back to the main screen, "coming soon" becomes one of the menu choices. It's a quick 30 second trailer for Lego Lord of the Rings.

I think the open world might make the game too big for little kids. My son has beaten the story, collected all the red bricks, most of the villians and about half of the citizens in peril and he's only at about 40%.

dsa_shea
06-21-12, 01:22 PM
Your son kicks ass and is also addicted to video games if he has already done all of that!

Jcheckel
06-21-12, 01:50 PM
I'm impressed with this even though I'm not too far in, just got to Ace Chemicals. I was skeptical about them adding in voice acting,but I really like that addition. I only have one complaint so far, when in Gotham the camera seems to close to my guy/vehicle, but if that's the only complaint I still have when I'm done, I can live with that.

dsa_shea
06-21-12, 02:05 PM
My biggest complaint is the sketchy controls of the characters with flight. It is tough at times to get a character to slow down and stop when you need him or her to in order to land on some smalls rooftops or other places.

Deftones
06-21-12, 02:36 PM
Poison Ivy is behind the door that you need Robin to clear with the hazard suit. Apparently she's buggy as well as a lot of people are claiming she won't fight them. It seems that you have to leave and go right back in once or twice for the fight to finally take place.

Yes, this is what I had to do. She appeared, but then wouldn't fight. Go out of the building, come right back and and it'll trigger the flight.

My biggest complaint is the sketchy controls of the characters with flight. It is tough at times to get a character to slow down and stop when you need him or her to in order to land on some smalls rooftops or other places.

I just got Superman in the open world. I totally agree. Up should be up, down should be down (on the controller) not the inverse. I hate that shit and you can't change it, either. That's annoying as hell.

As for the game, stick with it until you open up Superman. once you do that, it's like a completely different game. You can fly around to open up the computer terminals, which unlocks the map to scan for extras. So much easier with him than with Batman.

pinata242
06-21-12, 02:38 PM
Agreed that you should be able to change it, but... c'mon, it's flight not FPS, it should be inversed ;)

dsa_shea
06-21-12, 03:04 PM
Another thing that pisses me off a bit is when the game is saving your guy is frozen there for about ten seconds and is vulnerable to a total beating. I think I watched my guy die three times during one save.

superfro
06-21-12, 03:09 PM
Another thing that pisses me off a bit is when the game is saving your guy is frozen there for about ten seconds and is vulnerable to a total beating. I think I watched my guy die three times during one save.

Did that set you back quite a bit?

Decker
06-21-12, 03:16 PM
Can't you fight the guys first and then save after you clear an area, or do guys respawn infinitely?

Deftones
06-21-12, 06:09 PM
No you can fight then save, but then you have to go all the way back to beginning of the level. Sometimes that could take a few minutes. I agree about the saving part and dying. That happened when I got a gold brick. I watched as some joker thug rolled up and just kept beating me. :lol:

dsa_shea
06-21-12, 07:16 PM
I made it over the 50% finished mark earlier today. The biggest pains will be the gold blocks that require you to climb a particular building with either Batman or Robin in a certain suit. I'm going to see if I can fly the character to the top in the ufo I bought earlier but I doubt it will let me. Also, I now have to go back through and play all of the levels once again in free play and hope that I can find all of the minikits.

Decker
06-22-12, 12:12 AM
IGN review indicates that the Vita version is completely inferior and dumbed down in the same way HP Years 5-7 was. It's a shame since there's no reason this couldn't have been a nearly-straight port of the PS3 version. I would have considered rebuying this game for an on-the-go version of the HD console game, but not for an overpriced gloried PSP or iPad game. What a waste.

Rob V
06-22-12, 07:58 AM
but not for an overpriced gloried PSP or iPad game. What a waste.

Isn't that what every Vita game kind of is? I have a Vita but I cannot overlook the fact that the games are stripped down crap so far -- save a few.

Decker
06-22-12, 09:16 AM
Rayman Origins, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Mortal Kombat Komplete are all very close to identical to the disc versions of those games. And I re-bought every single one of them to get a portable Vita version.

I'm trying to think, but outside of the crappy Lego ports, I can't think of many super-stripped down inferior ports of retail disc games (the sort we got used to seeing on the PSP). MLB The Show 12 I haven't seen or played, but I hear it's okay. I guess Ninja Gaiden is sort of stripped down. Metal Gear Solid HD is supposed to be very close to the console version, except for the apparent corporate decision to remove Peace Walker from the collection. I'm not a FIFA expert -- I assume there's a huge difference between the PS3 and the Vita version of that game, but since the Vita version got very strong reviews, I don't think anyone would compare it to a PSP or DS port, like we see with the Lego games.

Deftones
06-22-12, 03:17 PM
Guess I am done with the game prematurely. Locks up at a specific part and I can't progress any further. Such fucking bullshit. Not the first time it has locked either. Probably the 5th or 6th time. :mad:

Looks like I'm not the only one having a problem in the exact same spot: http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread.php?14899-Lego-Batman-2-DC-Heroes-freezing-issue

adrenaline78
06-23-12, 07:14 AM
Guess I am done with the game prematurely. Locks up at a specific part and I can't progress any further. Such fucking bullshit. Not the first time it has locked either. Probably the 5th or 6th time. :mad:

Looks like I'm not the only one having a problem in the exact same spot: http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread.php?14899-Lego-Batman-2-DC-Heroes-freezing-issue

I don't have the game or the 360 yet.. but I agree. BS.. Happened to me when i was about 92% in the first Harry potter game. Hopefully there is a fix for the batman game asap..

bjh_18
06-23-12, 09:18 AM
Loving the game so far. I've played all of the Lego games (except the Harry Potter ones), and this is easily the best.

Out of convenience, I purchased mine at Wal-Mart. They have have an exclusive edition that comes in a digibook with a copy of Green Lantern - Emerald Knights (http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/50229/green-lantern-emerald-knights/). It's a pretty sharp looking package. Personally, I'm not interested in the movie, but it's not a bad deal if the flick is something you'd want. The PS3 version comes with a Blu-ray copy of Emerald Knights. The 360, Wii, and PC versions have a DVD copy. I only saw a couple copies of the exclusive edition for each platform.

Pictures of the Wal-Mart exclusive (PS3):

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/889/78341159.jpg

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/8651/78921440.jpg

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/7193/73897681.jpg

Kedrix
06-23-12, 09:36 AM
Loving the game so far. I've played all of the Lego games (except the Harry Potter ones), and this is easily the best.

Out of convenience, I purchased mine at Wal-Mart. They have have an exclusive edition that comes in a digibook with a Blu-ray copy of Green Lantern - Emerald Knights (http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/50229/green-lantern-emerald-knights/). It's a pretty sharp looking package. Personally, I'm not interested in the movie, but it's not a bad deal if the flick is something you'd want. I saw a few PS3 and 360 copies, but not many of either.

That's a really pretty copy. Emerald Knights is pretty decent, it's basically 6 (I could be wrong on the number) stories that bridge into one major story. I liked First Flight a little better but its great to see it as an extra here. Hopefully the 360 version has the blu-ray as well. I'm trying to tell myself to wait for this to come down in price, but the exclusives are making it hard. Currently I'm finishing up Lego Harry Potter 5-7 (86% woot!), and I know my wife is eyeing this one.

bjh_18
06-23-12, 09:41 AM
That's a really pretty copy. Emerald Knights is pretty decent, it's basically 6 (I could be wrong on the number) stories that bridge into one major story. I liked First Flight a little better but its great to see it as an extra here. Hopefully the 360 version has the blu-ray as well. I'm trying to tell myself to wait for this to come down in price, but the exclusives are making it hard. Currently I'm finishing up Lego Harry Potter 5-7 (86% woot!), and I know my wife is eyeing this one.

I think the PS3 version is the only one that comes with a Blu-ray copy of Emerald Knights. The 360, Wii, and PC versions come with a DVD copy. I'll edit my post to reflect that so no one gets their hopes up for a Blu-ray on the other platforms.

Kedrix
06-23-12, 09:53 AM
I think the PS3 version is the only one that comes with a Blu-ray copy of Emerald Knights. The 360, Wii, and PC versions come with a DVD copy. I'll edit my post to reflect that so no one gets their hopes up for a Blu-ray on the other platforms.

Because nobody with a 360 would own a blu-ray player :). Well that's the logic anyway especially with "kids" games. But when you mentioned that, I was thinking in the back of my head, I bet the 360 copy only has a dvd. Oh well, I already own the blu, so its no big deal, was just curious.

Dabiggchill
06-23-12, 09:55 AM
I gotta question about Ace Chemicals. I have saved the level 2x.

1st was when Sups first appears. I then saved & went to sleep. I went back to play & started in the Bat-cave, I drove to the bat-signal where Ace Chems is & it started me at the entrance. where the initial cutscreen of Vicky Vale is. Then I go in & have to collect the 5 flasks again. So I do that & make it thru that 1st bit & get to where I can save again this time right after the 5 flasks have been collected.

I turn the game off & come back later only to have to do the entire thing again for a 3rd time with the flasks. I have to be doing something wrong, so can anyone lend a hand. Thank you.

Obi-Wan Jabroni
06-23-12, 09:57 AM
^Please don't bold your entire post

bjh_18
06-23-12, 10:04 AM
Because nobody with a 360 would own a blu-ray player :). Well that's the logic anyway especially with "kids" games. But when you mentioned that, I was thinking in the back of my head, I bet the 360 copy only has a dvd. Oh well, I already own the blu, so its no big deal, was just curious.

The logic behind is probably more along the lines of "We know if you're buying the PS3 version, you have a Blu-ray player included in the PS3. If you're buying the 360, Wii, or PC version, you may have a separate Blu-ray player, but we don't know that for sure, so we'll include the DVD version that you'll definitely be able to play since the game is on a DVD for all three."

If I was buying the 360 version, I'd definitely prefer a Blu-ray copy of the movie, but I can see why they'd want to include a DVD copy. They'd probably have a lot of unhappy customers who wouldn't be able to play the Blu-ray version.

Decker
06-23-12, 04:37 PM
I have a Target-exclusive PS3 version of Lego HP Years 1-4 that came with a Blu Ray copy of HP & The Sorcerer's Stone in a similar digipack. It's a nice bonus to include.

Larry C.
06-23-12, 05:38 PM
Have they made these games online co-op yet?

Decker
06-23-12, 05:52 PM
Have they made these games online co-op yet?

Nope*

*Actually the first or second Lego game of this generation (Lego Star Wars : The Complete Saga) had online co-op, then they got rid of it for all subsequent games. Ridiculous, I agree, but I'll take it in exchange for finally adding mid-level saves.

dsa_shea
06-23-12, 08:03 PM
I just finished off the Plat of this and it took me just a shade over 30 hours. I usually don't play one game this much in a short period of time but I sure had fun with this one. Now I need to go back and finish Lego Harry Potter 5-7 which I'm almost 70% finished with.

Deftones
06-23-12, 08:15 PM
Must be nice. Wish I had the chance to play the game. :sad:

Larry C.
06-23-12, 09:42 PM
Nope*

*Actually the first or second Lego game of this generation (Lego Star Wars : The Complete Saga) had online co-op, then they got rid of it for all subsequent games. Ridiculous, I agree, but I'll take it in exchange for finally adding mid-level saves.

Yeah I still think its kinda weak.

Decker
06-24-12, 02:39 AM
I just finished the Ace Chemical level. Now I know why more games don't have you playing as a hazmat cleaning crew -- it's a drag. What really annoyed me was twice I was very close to getting a gold brick or satellite thingy for completing some task when I accidentally triggered the next sequence and missed out on it. They should make it more obvious that if you break these shiny bricks, you'll end the level (as opposed to the hundreds of previous shiny bricks you recently broke). I don't want to re-visit Ace Chemicals any time soon.
But playing as Supes is awful fun (though it does feel like cheating).

dsa_shea
06-24-12, 09:38 AM
When you play it again as Superman in freeplay you can fly over most of the things blocking your path. You can collect all of the mini kits and the citizen in peril in about 20 minutes.

Deftones
06-24-12, 12:59 PM
I've uninstalled the game from my HD and it's working, so I got past that glitch part w/ Robin's car. Still annoying as hell. I should probably cancel my replacement disc from Amazon, but I'm going to get it sent anyway. Maybe there is something wrong with this disc.

Guru Askew
06-24-12, 02:32 PM
Must be nice. Wish I had the chance to play the game. :sad:

What's the problem? Hooks for hands?

Decker
06-24-12, 05:06 PM
What's the problem? Hooks for hands?

Matt
06-24-12, 08:44 PM
It's weird to me how much interest this game has gotten here--this thread already has more posts than the threads for the last two LEGO games combined (Pirates and Harry Potter). To me, the LEGO games have gotten really stale, so it's gotta be the DC license that you guys are interested in, right?

I'm just super-burnt-out on the LEGO games in general, and have been ever since Lego Indy 2 came out. I'm so burnt-out that I can't even bring myself to redeem the free code for LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars I've got, knowing what a repetitive grind the 1000/1000 will be. . .

Decker
06-24-12, 09:14 PM
I think that this thread is longer because more people bought it at launch, thanks to that cheap Amazon pre-order price. Playing a game at launch at the same time as other forum members always bumps up the post count here.
The DC license helps, sure. But moreso, as someone who owns every Lego game, this one is by far the best (at least so far). Plus it's the first Superman game that actually works. It's not perfect, but it's pretty good. Don't let Indy 2 (certainly the worst game in the series) dissuade you because this one is fun. I thought Lego Pirates was underrated and quite fun as well. You're right about Lego Star Wars III being a grind; didn't get into that one at all.

Oh yeah, I read on CAG that at TRU, there is a promotion this week where if you buy Lego Batman 2, you get any other Lego game for free. Not a bad deal if you wanted to get around to Pirates or HP Years 5-7 as well.

Deftones
06-24-12, 11:14 PM
It's weird to me how much interest this game has gotten here--this thread already has more posts than the threads for the last two LEGO games combined (Pirates and Harry Potter). To me, the LEGO games have gotten really stale, so it's gotta be the DC license that you guys are interested in, right?

I'm just super-burnt-out on the LEGO games in general, and have been ever since Lego Indy 2 came out. I'm so burnt-out that I can't even bring myself to redeem the free code for LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars I've got, knowing what a repetitive grind the 1000/1000 will be. . .

I'm somewhat buzzed while writing this, so please forgive. . .

I'd say the interest is because it's a DC game and the open world aspect of it. Those reasons, and the positive reviews.

Shagrath
06-25-12, 04:22 AM
Oh yeah, I read on CAG that at TRU, there is a promotion this week where if you buy Lego Batman 2, you get any other Lego game for free. Not a bad deal if you wanted to get around to Pirates or HP Years 5-7 as well.
Harry Potter 5-7 is not on the list of eligible titles. I tried it yesterday. :(

I ended up picking up Clone Wars instead, as I'd like to have all the LEGO games at some point. It's funny that right after I bought it, I read in here what a grind it is. Oh well.

dsa_shea
06-25-12, 08:15 AM
All of the LEGO games are a grind for the Platinum/1000 but so are most other games. I was looking at the Platinum for Max Payne, which I bought a few weeks ago but haven't played yet, and it has some Hardcore mode where you can't die AND reaching max level in online play. So really the LEGO grinds are just that but fairly easy. They give you a reason to replay levels and in this game you can blaze past the majority of blockades they put in there by using Superman or another flying character. I have the Platinums for the following LEGO games: Harry Potter 1-4, Indiana Jones 2, Pirates, Clone Wars and Batman 2 and I enjoyed each one for various reasons.

If you want to talk about a grind for all of the achievements then try reaching level 10 in online play for GTA IV. That alone likely took me close to 100 hours of online play.

Rob V
06-25-12, 08:54 AM
I played thru the first level yesterday with my 4-year old (who is scary good at this game). It was a ton of fun. I never played the first Batman Lego so the controls and use of the batarang are all new to me --- I love that you can take out multiple targets in one swoop!

Deftones
06-30-12, 05:42 PM
fuck these games frustrate the shit out of me. beat the game. everything in the game sans the completion of the "lego" level. that gives you a gold brick, so i can't get completion with out it. you have to get 1 million studs. i do everything. i get 998,400. nothing left to do. there's literally nothing. so i get to start over. fucking fantastic.

Guru Askew
06-30-12, 06:46 PM
fuck these games frustrate the shit out of me. beat the game. everything in the game sans the completion of the "lego" level. that gives you a gold brick, so i can't get completion with out it. you have to get 1 million studs. i do everything. i get 998,400. nothing left to do. there's literally nothing. so i get to start over. fucking fantastic.

Did you water the fly traps and then smash them?

Did you destroy the church?

Did you jump out of the train and get the studs there?

As buggy as these games are I'm still more inclined to believe you just missed stuff.

Deftones
06-30-12, 07:08 PM
Yes. I did everything.

bjh_18
06-30-12, 08:15 PM
Did you water the fly traps and then smash them?

Did you destroy the church?

Did you jump out of the train and get the studs there?

As buggy as these games are I'm still more inclined to believe you just missed stuff.

I agree. For longest time, I couldn't for the life of me figure out to with Ace Chemicals or the black LEGO Batman symbol in the back. Once I did, it was pretty smooth sailing from there.

Deftones
06-30-12, 08:43 PM
You name it, I did it. Had the same problem on one of the Indiana Jones game.

bjh_18
06-30-12, 08:49 PM
You name it, I did it. Had the same problem on one of the Indiana Jones game.

But clearly, if others have done it (and I'm one of them), then that means you missed something. :) I definitely got frustrated with it myself, but I eventually figured it out.

Deftones
06-30-12, 09:32 PM
But clearly, if others have done it (and I'm one of them), then that means you missed something. :) I definitely got frustrated with it myself, but I eventually figured it out.

That is curious logic. My disc has frozen multiple times and glitched. I have posted about it here. Yours has probably not done it. Does that mean there is nothing wrong with my disc just because nothing is wrong with yours?

bjh_18
06-30-12, 09:38 PM
That is curious logic. My disc has frozen multiple times and glitched. I have posted about it here. Yours has probably not done it. Does that mean there is nothing wrong with my disc just because nothing is wrong with yours?

I'm not going to go around in circles with you. If something is wrong with your disc, something is wrong with your disc. Either way, something in the bonus level has been missed, whether you missed it on your own or you weren't able to complete it due to an error with the disc.

Many users, regardless of system, have been able to complete it, so it's not a disc problem that impacts everyone. So, if your disc is preventing you from completing it, I'd see about getting a new disc.

Decker
07-01-12, 06:39 PM
I've uninstalled the game from my HD and it's working, so I got past that glitch part w/ Robin's car. Still annoying as hell. I should probably cancel my replacement disc from Amazon, but I'm going to get it sent anyway. Maybe there is something wrong with this disc.

That's what I got to today, a fascinating still of Robin's car. Spectacular. My copy isn't installed to the HD, in fact I use the cloud save. I hope a restart will fix things. We'll see, I guess.

Larry C.
07-01-12, 11:41 PM
Amazon has this now @ $39.99

Rob V
07-02-12, 05:34 AM
Deftones, is there not a cheat code for 2x or 4x multiplier for studs?

Deftones
07-02-12, 09:07 AM
I'm not going to go around in circles with you. If something is wrong with your disc, something is wrong with your disc. Either way, something in the bonus level has been missed, whether you missed it on your own or you weren't able to complete it due to an error with the disc.

Many users, regardless of system, have been able to complete it, so it's not a disc problem that impacts everyone. So, if your disc is preventing you from completing it, I'd see about getting a new disc.

Ironically, I got it a second time through. I now know there was definitely a glitch. How do I know this? When I finally got my last studs outside the train. I was at 995,500. The 2 purples and blues would've put me well over 1,020,000. There is absolutely no fucking way I missed that amount of studs in my previous run through. Just no way.

Deftones, is there not a cheat code for 2x or 4x multiplier for studs?

On the Lego Level or in general? If you are talking in general, yes, here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/655773-lego-batman-2-dc-super-heroes/cheats

On the lego level, no. No cheats are allowed.

dsa_shea
07-02-12, 10:01 AM
Make sure you drive the Batman vehicle all the way down the road as it will cause some studs to appear in the sky. I had to keep my character in the vehicle and turn on a second controller and fly up there with Superman to get them because if I got out of the car then they disappeared.

Deftones
07-02-12, 10:04 AM
Make sure you drive the Batman vehicle all the way down the road as it will cause some studs to appear in the sky. I had to keep my character in the vehicle and turn on a second controller and fly up there with Superman to get them because if I got out of the car then they disappeared.

You raise the bridge and use the car to jump the gap. :)

dsa_shea
07-02-12, 10:05 AM
You raise the bridge and use the car to jump the gap. :)

Damn you! :) I did it the hard way. :(

Xander
07-02-12, 12:58 PM
That's what I got to today, a fascinating still of Robin's car. Spectacular. My copy isn't installed to the HD, in fact I use the cloud save. I hope a restart will fix things. We'll see, I guess.

Turn on subtitles, turn off motion blur. That fixed it for me when my game was freezing up at that spot. Found the fix online and it seems to be working for most people.

Larry C.
07-05-12, 11:46 AM
I finished the levels in one sitting last night with my son. It was a blast!!! We are only at like 23% after completeing all the story levels. I thought that was pretty bad even though we were just running through it.

So now later today we will start the process of trying to get to 100%.

Rob V
07-05-12, 12:11 PM
^^ I saw you online. I happened to be playing the story with my son as well. We just finished the level where you have to activate all the traps in a maze to takedown the villains.

Larry C.
07-05-12, 09:41 PM
I just got a code from amazon for the Heros Skin pack and I Downloaded but I have no idea what it really is or how to apply it. Can someone help me?

It's driving me nuts!

Deftones
07-05-12, 09:44 PM
I just got a code from amazon for the Heros Skin pack and I Downloaded but I have no idea what it really is or how to apply it. Can someone help me?

It's driving me nuts!

Once you download the 5 characters (Shazam, Damian Wayne (as Robin), Nightwing, Katana and Zatanna), you can use them in the free play mode on levels you've already beat and in the open world parts of the game. Shazam is especially helpful because he can fly and because he has laser vision.

Larry C.
07-05-12, 10:26 PM
But is the code a skin for the dashboard or is it for in game play?

Its a Heros Skin Pack.

Deftones
07-05-12, 11:03 PM
Maybe is not the same thing they were giving out with preorders.

cruzness
07-06-12, 05:38 AM
Skins only open up after you have beaten the game

Brewc
07-08-12, 01:37 PM
I can't get the gold brick in the zoo by the penguin building, I'm guessing you have to kill 5 penguins in a row like you did tree's etc. in other places, but only 2 come out and I have to blow them up before 2 more show. That's my last gold brick

Deftones
07-08-12, 01:48 PM
you sure it's not the one where you ride the polar bear? there are the animal ones and the polar bear is sort of hidden below the huge zoo statue where the Penguin is.

Brewc
07-08-12, 03:51 PM
that's what it was I hadn't seen one in the pit

Deftones
07-08-12, 08:53 PM
you are welcome

nickdawgy
07-13-12, 02:21 PM
I finished this last night and then started the Ace Chemicals level with Superman on free play and it locked up while I was using heat vision.

So I turned it off, went to bed, and tried it again today.

Same. Exact. Thing.

I mean in the same damn place doing the same damn thing with the same damn character.

Between this and Skyrim, I'm about to defect to PS3 :lol:

Larry C.
07-13-12, 02:28 PM
Loving the game. I haven't had a chance to play this week but I'm at 55% :lol: Damn

james2025a
07-19-12, 12:48 PM
I liked the Lego Star Wars and Harry Potters. Not so much the Indy Jones and Caribbean games. This however is the best of them all. Loving every moment of it. The open world is fantastic and the freedom of being able to roam as Superman is spot on. I am around 60% at the moment and any further progress is being severely stopped by a recent move in with the girlfriend. Would love to see the follow up in Metropolis or maybe two cities in one like the GTA games.

Rob V
07-19-12, 02:07 PM
I'm completely pissed. We were playing the ACE level and saved at the first point we could (after about 30 minutes mind you). I went back to play the level at my save point and it just starts from the begining. WTF? So I went back to the menu to see if I could reload and start at the save point -- but no, the game locks up this time.

Is there a method to starting at your save point during the mission play?

Decker
07-19-12, 03:56 PM
I'm completely pissed. We were playing the ACE level and saved at the first point we could (after about 30 minutes mind you). I went back to play the level at my save point and it just starts from the begining. WTF? So I went back to the menu to see if I could reload and start at the save point -- but no, the game locks up this time.

Is there a method to starting at your save point during the mission play?

After saving mid-level and quitting, if you go back to the level (following the ghost-lego studs), you'll resume from the last save point. If you, however, go back to the Batcave and select the level again, it will restart from the beginning of the level (after a warning that you will restart the level and lose your progress).

Rob V
07-19-12, 07:58 PM
After saving mid-level and quitting, if you go back to the level (following the ghost-lego studs), you'll resume from the last save point. If you, however, go back to the Batcave and select the level again, it will restart from the beginning of the level (after a warning that you will restart the level and lose your progress).

Hmm... I did just that and no dice. Guess we'll have to start over.