Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Summer 2012)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Summer 2012)

Old 05-23-12, 03:21 PM
  #51  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 66,077
Received 4,057 Likes on 2,748 Posts
Re: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Summer 2012)

I pre-ordered it for that $37 price to keep my options open. I would have been fine waiting, though. Since it comes with some DLC, I might just keep it now.

I read in either OXM or PTOM that this game will have mid-level saves (at fucking last!). Nothing was more annoying than spending 30 minutes trying to solve all the puzzles in a level and then having to leave or turn the system off before ending the level and losing all the progress. This is a series of kids' games and it's taken them, what, 10 games, to figure out that a mid-level save system is a good idea.
Old 05-23-12, 03:32 PM
  #52  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Kedrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Katy, Tx
Posts: 4,446
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Summer 2012)

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
I pre-ordered it for that $37 price to keep my options open. I would have been fine waiting, though. Since it comes with some DLC, I might just keep it now.

I read in either OXM or PTOM that this game will have mid-level saves (at fucking last!). Nothing was more annoying than spending 30 minutes trying to solve all the puzzles in a level and then having to leave or turn the system off before ending the level and losing all the progress. This is a series of kids' games and it's taken them, what, 10 games, to figure out that a mid-level save system is a good idea.
Awesome, totally agree about the mid level save. I was playing the 2nd Potter game with my wife and the 2nd level on Year 5 took us FOREVER. We finally finished it but she got so burnt out on it that I'll probably end up finishing it myself . This should have been implemented eons ago.
Old 05-25-12, 11:02 AM
  #53  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,639
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Summer 2012)

Cheevos

Spoiler:
There are 37 achievements with a total of 1000 points.

Gorilla Thriller (20 points)
Climb to the top of Wayne tower while riding a Gorilla and playing as a female character.

Kal-El Last Son of Krypton (20 points)
Defeat Zod as Superman

Green Lantern's Light (20 points)
Defeat Sinestro as Green Lantern

It's A Bird... It's A Plane... (20 points)
Fly with Superman

Inferior Machines (20 points)
With Brainiac, defeat any LexBot

Girl Power (20 points)
Unlock all female heroes and villains. (Single Player Only)

The House of Luthor (20 points)
Obtain more than 10,100,000,000 Studs (Single Player Only)

Combo Hero (20 points)
Do a finishing move

Subway Hero (20 points)
Use the Gotham City Metro

Super-Villain (20 points)
Unlock all the Bosses (Single Player Only)

Toy Gotham (20 points)
Complete the Bonus level

Justice League (20 points)
Unlock all Justice League characters (Single Player Only)

Dynamic Duo (20 points)
Play a level in co-op

My Hero (50 points)
Rescue all Citizens in Peril (Single Player Only)

Super Hero (50 points)
Get Super Hero in all levels (Single Player Only)

Team Building (50 points)
Unlock all characters (Single Player Only)

Minikit Hero (20 points)
Use all the Minikit vehicles

Test Hero (20 points)
Test a custom character

Extra! Extra! (20 points)
Collect all the red bricks (Single Player Only)

The End (70 points)
Get 100% (Single Player Only)

Halfway Through (50 points)
Get 50% (Single Player Only)

City Slicker (35 points)
Collect all the gold bricks (Single Player Only)

Heroes Unite (25 points)
Complete story level 15

Tower Defiance (25 points)
Complete story level 14

Core Instability (25 points)
Complete story level 13

The Next President (25 points)
Complete story level 12

Underground Retreat (25 points)
Complete story level 11

Down to Earth (25 points)
Complete story level 10

Research and Development (25 points)
Complete story level 9

Destination Metropolis (25 points)
Complete story level 8

Unwelcome Guests (25 points)
Complete story level 7

Chemical Signature (25 points)
Complete story level 6

Chemical Crisis (25 points)
Complete story level 5

Asylum Assignment (25 points)
Complete story level 4

Arkham Asylum Antics (25 points)
Complete story level 3

Harboring a Criminal (25 points)
Complete story level 2

Theatrical Pursuits (25 points)
Complete story level 1
Old 05-26-12, 07:07 PM
  #54  
DVD Talk Legend
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 23,341
Received 380 Likes on 300 Posts
Re: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Summer 2012)

Originally Posted by MWB View Post
Cheevos

Spoiler:
There are 37 achievements with a total of 1000 points.

Gorilla Thriller (20 points)
Climb to the top of Wayne tower while riding a Gorilla and playing as a female character.

Kal-El Last Son of Krypton (20 points)
Defeat Zod as Superman

Green Lantern's Light (20 points)
Defeat Sinestro as Green Lantern

It's A Bird... It's A Plane... (20 points)
Fly with Superman

Inferior Machines (20 points)
With Brainiac, defeat any LexBot

Girl Power (20 points)
Unlock all female heroes and villains. (Single Player Only)

The House of Luthor (20 points)
Obtain more than 10,100,000,000 Studs (Single Player Only)

Combo Hero (20 points)
Do a finishing move

Subway Hero (20 points)
Use the Gotham City Metro

Super-Villain (20 points)
Unlock all the Bosses (Single Player Only)

Toy Gotham (20 points)
Complete the Bonus level

Justice League (20 points)
Unlock all Justice League characters (Single Player Only)

Dynamic Duo (20 points)
Play a level in co-op

My Hero (50 points)
Rescue all Citizens in Peril (Single Player Only)

Super Hero (50 points)
Get Super Hero in all levels (Single Player Only)

Team Building (50 points)
Unlock all characters (Single Player Only)

Minikit Hero (20 points)
Use all the Minikit vehicles

Test Hero (20 points)
Test a custom character

Extra! Extra! (20 points)
Collect all the red bricks (Single Player Only)

The End (70 points)
Get 100% (Single Player Only)

Halfway Through (50 points)
Get 50% (Single Player Only)

City Slicker (35 points)
Collect all the gold bricks (Single Player Only)

Heroes Unite (25 points)
Complete story level 15

Tower Defiance (25 points)
Complete story level 14

Core Instability (25 points)
Complete story level 13

The Next President (25 points)
Complete story level 12

Underground Retreat (25 points)
Complete story level 11

Down to Earth (25 points)
Complete story level 10

Research and Development (25 points)
Complete story level 9

Destination Metropolis (25 points)
Complete story level 8

Unwelcome Guests (25 points)
Complete story level 7

Chemical Signature (25 points)
Complete story level 6

Chemical Crisis (25 points)
Complete story level 5

Asylum Assignment (25 points)
Complete story level 4

Arkham Asylum Antics (25 points)
Complete story level 3

Harboring a Criminal (25 points)
Complete story level 2

Theatrical Pursuits (25 points)
Complete story level 1
They seem fairly manageable...
Old 05-27-12, 01:27 AM
  #55  
DVD Talk Hero
Thread Starter
 
pinata242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Owasso, OK
Posts: 30,154
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Summer 2012)

Except you're forgetting about the bugs and glitches that go with every Lego game. These are the same achievements we see for every game and every game breaks for 80% of the players going for achievements. It is known.
Old 05-27-12, 02:34 AM
  #56  
DVD Talk Legend
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 23,341
Received 380 Likes on 300 Posts
Re: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Summer 2012)

Originally Posted by pinata242 View Post
Except you're forgetting about the bugs and glitches that go with every Lego game. These are the same achievements we see for every game and every game breaks for 80% of the players going for achievements. It is known.
Yes, I forgot that the bugs and glitches are a given to the Lego games
Old 06-07-12, 06:59 PM
  #57  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 66,077
Received 4,057 Likes on 2,748 Posts
Re: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Summer 2012)

Awesome news for those of us who snagged this pre-order at $37.50 : Amazon has added a $10 Credit for all pre-orders, including existing ones. To get the game plus DLC for $27 at launch is a pretty great deal.

Here's the fine print:
Spoiler:

$10 Credit and Pre-order Bonus Offer
Pre-order LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes for Xbox 360 or PS3 and get a $10 Amazon credit good toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including but not limited to Kindle books, Gift Cards, and Amazon Appstore for Android apps) as well as access to the rare Heroes Skin Pack. This rare collection features Nightwing, Katana, Shazam, Zatanna, plus the brand-new Robin--Bruce Wayne's son, Damian Wayne. Offer valid on all existing pre-orders. The promotional credit and Heroes Skin Pack access code will be e-mailed within two business days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Limit one per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Please read the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live terms of use.
Old 06-07-12, 10:09 PM
  #58  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 79,424
Received 982 Likes on 679 Posts
Re: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Summer 2012)

I saw that.
Old 06-08-12, 12:36 PM
  #59  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Norton,Va.
Posts: 996
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Summer 2012)

Was in walmart and saw they have a $10 credit for this too, whats going on? Plus come with Green Lantern Emerald Knights Bluray
Old 06-18-12, 05:57 PM
  #60  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
superfro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Marion, IA
Posts: 5,008
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Summer 2012)

Super excited for this release tomorrow! Hope they have their shit together with the bugs! (I know they won't.)
Old 06-18-12, 06:53 PM
  #61  
DVD Talk Legend
 
dsa_shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 21,769
Received 233 Likes on 175 Posts
Re: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Summer 2012)

I've got mine on the way from Amazon with their 10 dollar credit. Can't wait!
Old 06-18-12, 07:46 PM
  #62  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 79,424
Received 982 Likes on 679 Posts
Re: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Summer 2012)

Mine hasn't shipped yet from Amazon, which leads me to believe I'm getting it from our local delivery company tomorrow.
Old 06-19-12, 12:12 AM
  #63  
DVD Talk Legend
 
dsa_shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 21,769
Received 233 Likes on 175 Posts
Re: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Summer 2012)

IGN gives it an 8.5. I really can't wait to play this now.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/...-heroes-review
Old 06-19-12, 12:29 AM
  #64  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 79,424
Received 982 Likes on 679 Posts
Re: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Summer 2012)

Just got my Amazon codes. Giggity.
Old 06-19-12, 12:32 AM
  #65  
DVD Talk Legend
 
dsa_shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 21,769
Received 233 Likes on 175 Posts
Re: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Summer 2012)

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
Just got my Amazon codes. Giggity.
What code? The ten dollar promotion or were there other codes?
Old 06-19-12, 12:40 AM
  #66  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 79,424
Received 982 Likes on 679 Posts
Re: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Summer 2012)

$10 code and the heroes 5 character dlc.
Old 06-19-12, 10:25 AM
  #67  
DVD Talk Legend
 
dsa_shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 21,769
Received 233 Likes on 175 Posts
Re: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Summer 2012)

I got my codes as well! Now I'm just waiting on the game. Looks awesome!
Old 06-19-12, 02:26 PM
  #68  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 79,424
Received 982 Likes on 679 Posts
Re: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Summer 2012)

my copy just showed up!

i have to go pick up my son and can't play for a while.
Old 06-19-12, 02:55 PM
  #69  
DVD Talk Legend
 
dsa_shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 21,769
Received 233 Likes on 175 Posts
Re: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Summer 2012)

Sucks that UPS average delivery time for me is around 6 in the evening. I wish they would understand my need for this to be delivered earlier in the day so that I can actually play it. Around that time is when the wife comes home from work and doesn't much care for sitting there watching me play for a few hours when I'm off all day.
Old 06-19-12, 03:32 PM
  #70  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 79,424
Received 982 Likes on 679 Posts
Re: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Summer 2012)

i get lucky b/c it's Ontrac (local delivery company) since there are multiple Amazon warehouses here.
Old 06-19-12, 03:49 PM
  #71  
DVD Talk Legend
 
dsa_shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 21,769
Received 233 Likes on 175 Posts
Re: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Summer 2012)

Look what showed up earlier than expected!

Spoiler:


Gotta cut the grass then time to kick some ass!
Old 06-19-12, 04:02 PM
  #72  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 79,424
Received 982 Likes on 679 Posts
Re: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Summer 2012)

voice acting is awesome addition. especially getting some of the "regulars" doing the voice. clancy brown as lex luthor is perfect. although hearing anyone other than mark hamill as the joker and kevin conroy as the bats is sad.
Old 06-19-12, 05:47 PM
  #73  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Norton,Va.
Posts: 996
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Summer 2012)

Picked my copy up at Gamestop got to Superman part with my daughter and quit after that we been playing too long according to momma, lol. The code for Villans is 12 character, so too long for in game, but PSN keeps timing out to check there.
Old 06-19-12, 08:43 PM
  #74  
DVD Talk Legend
 
dsa_shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 21,769
Received 233 Likes on 175 Posts
Re: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Summer 2012)

Originally Posted by Brewc View Post
Picked my copy up at Gamestop got to Superman part with my daughter and quit after that we been playing too long according to momma, lol. The code for Villans is 12 character, so too long for in game, but PSN keeps timing out to check there.
I had a problem with the PSN timing out as well but was finally able to get my heroes code to take. It includes Robin's son. WTF?
Old 06-19-12, 08:46 PM
  #75  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 79,424
Received 982 Likes on 679 Posts
Re: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Summer 2012)

Not Robin's son. Batman's son, Damien Wayne.

As for the game, I'm torn. It's good but I don't know if opening up this as a free world game makes it any better. The environments are very bland and boring. Plus, I don't get how you are supposed to play as the other characters. Is every level Batman and Robin then you go back during free play and do the other characters? I've seen superman and green lantern in the "main" world, so I don't know how you get to that point. Overall, I'm not as impressed with it as I thought I would be.

I will say Batman and Robin's new suits are pretty cool, though.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.