Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Summer 2012)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-12, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/05/le...ham-in-summer/

After being outed by Lego's own advertising team in a series of toys, Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes is officially on its way to pretty much every gaming device out there, starting in summer 2012. Beyond the platform ubiquity, WB unveiled the game's main cast, which has Superman, Green Lantern, and Wonder Woman joining forces with Gotham's famous bat and bird.

We're also told "notorious villains" like Lex Luthor and Joker will be a part of the game, providing a good serving of antagonism for the super hero quintet. Batman series staples such as the Batmobile and Batwing will also make appearances, albeit in Lego form. Developer TT Games is once again at the helm, no doubt infusing its silly sense of humor into Batman's typically grim career.
Press Release:

Spoiler:
WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT, TT GAMES AND THE LEGO GROUP

ANNOUNCE LEGO® BATMAN™ 2: DC SUPER HEROES

The Highly-Anticipated Sequel to the Best-Selling LEGO® Videogame of All Time Returns with
Help from Super Heroes including Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern

Burbank, Calif. – Jan. 5, 2012 – Batman is back to save Gotham City and the action will only build from here! Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, TT Games and The LEGO Group are teaming up once again to announce that LEGO® Batman™ 2: DC Super Heroes will be available beginning Summer 2012 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Wii™ system, and Windows PC, as well as the Nintendo DS™ hand-held system, Nintendo 3DS™ hand-held system, and PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system. The game is the sequel to the best-selling LEGO® Batman™: The Videogame, which to date has sold more than 11 million units worldwide.

LEGO Batman™ 2: DC Super Heroes complements the brand new, recently released LEGO® Super Heroes: DC Universe toy collection. The line includes five construction sets, such as The Batcave and three buildable, detailed action figures.

In LEGO Batman™ 2: DC Super Heroes, the Dynamic Duo of Batman and Robin join other famous super heroes from the DC Universe including Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern to save Gotham City from destruction at the hands of the notorious villains Lex Luthor and the Joker. Batman fans of all ages will enjoy a new and original story filled with classic LEGO videogame action and humor as players fight to put the villains back behind bars.

"LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes builds upon the action and cooperative gameplay experience established in our best-selling LEGO video game to date, LEGO Batman: The Videogame," said Tom Stone, Managing Director, TT Games. "We're offering fans a rich and expansive Gotham City environment filled with cool characters, great customization options and plenty of surprises that families, young gamers and DC Universe fans can enjoy together."

"LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes further extends and combines both the Batman and LEGO videogame experiences to create very fun gameplay," said Samantha Ryan, Senior Vice President, Development and Production, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. "Fans of all ages are going to enjoy the action and light hearted humor that TT Games and LEGO provide."

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes allows players to explore all new areas of Gotham City utilizing a variety of vehicles including the Batmobile and Batwing. In addition, they'll be able to fight for justice by mastering new gadgets and suits, such as Batman's Power Suit and Robins' Hazard Cannon, and using all-new abilities including flight, super-breath and heat vision.

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes is being developed by TT Games and will be published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. For more information, please visit www.videogames.LEGO.com.

About TT Games
TT Games, wholly owned by Warner Bros. Entertainment Group, is the combined publishing and development group behind the hit games LEGO® Star Wars™, LEGO® Batman™, LEGO® Indiana Jones™, LEGO® Pirates of the Caribbean™ and LEGO® Harry Potter™. Incorporating renowned UK developer Traveller's Tales, TT Games has a distinctive focus on console, handheld, mobile and PC games of the highest quality, aimed at young gamers and their families. For more information, please visit www.ttgames.com.

About the LEGO Group
The LEGO Group (www.LEGO.com) is a privately held, family-owned company, based in Billund, Denmark. It was founded in 1932 and today the group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of play materials for children. The company is committed to the development of children's creative and imaginative abilities through its products, which can be purchased in more than 130 countries. Visit www.LEGO.com

About Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, a division of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group, is a premier worldwide publisher, developer, licensor and distributor of entertainment content for the interactive space across all current and future platforms, including console, handheld and PC-based gaming for both internal and third party game titles.

About DC Entertainment
DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash, etc.), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables, etc.) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating across Warner Bros. and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment, and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is the largest English-language publisher of comics in the world.

LEGO BATMAN 2: DC SUPER HEROES software © 2012 TT Games Publishing Ltd. Produced by TT Games under license from the LEGO Group. LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and the Knob configurations and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group. © 2012 The LEGO Group. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.

Batman and all related characters, and elements are trademarks of DC Comics © 2012. All Rights Reserved.
WB GAMES LOGO, WB SHIELD: ™ & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
(s12)
Windows, Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox LIVE are either registered trademarks or trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.
Old 01-05-12, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Summer 2012)

Sweet.
Old 01-05-12, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

yes! sweet!
Old 01-05-12, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

F'ing awesome! The first Lego Batman was my favorite Lego of all time (with a close second to the first Harry Potter). But now it looks like we get other DC Heroes to boot (I nominate Green Lantern, Flash, and Lobo along with the full range of Robins and their alter egos (Red Robin, Nightwing, Red Hood, etc)).

I think I need to go back to the old Lego Batman and get the remaining 200 achievement points in celebration of this grand annoucement.
Old 01-05-12, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Very cool!
Old 01-05-12, 11:04 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank the video game gods! The lego games are by far my favorite games of the last decade ( along with the new Donkey Kong for Wii.) just fun all the way through. The original Batman LEgo game is one of the 3 lego games I havnt played all the way through yet (along with Harry potter 5-8 and Star wars 3. But i own all of em) So, i cant wait for this new Batman Lego game for Wii. Sweet!!!!!!!!
Old 01-05-12, 11:17 AM

I hope I'm wrong, but does anybody else get the impression from reading the press release that we might not get villains stories to play with this time around? Surely, we will get characters...but I highly enjoyed that half of the game was villain based before. It seems like that they might base this one solely on the heroes this time around.
Old 01-05-12, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kedrix
I hope I'm wrong, but does anybody else get the impression from reading the press release that we might not get villains stories to play with this time around? Surely, we will get characters...but I highly enjoyed that half of the game was villain based before. It seems like that they might base this one solely on the heroes this time around.
LEGO Batman 3: DC Super Villains.
Old 01-05-12, 04:01 PM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

As much as I love big complex adrenaline pumping games, I simply can't get enough of Lego games! Still have Batman Lego on my shelf and I've been holding out on it until I can really dedicate some time since I know I'll love it. Been playing Pirates of the Caribbean Lego lately.

With this announcement, I hope Lego Avatar the Last Airbender, Lego LOTR, and Lego Toy Story aren't far behind!
Old 01-05-12, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragon Fly
With this announcement, I hope Lego Avatar the Last Airbender, Lego LOTR, and Lego Toy Story aren't far behind!
The way things are going, those will all be released in 2013, along with 2 or 3 Lego sequels.
Old 01-05-12, 05:05 PM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Originally Posted by MoviePage
The way things are going, those will all be released in 2013, along with 2 or 3 Lego sequels.
Sadly, I think I'm okay with that.
Old 01-05-12, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

They haven't let us down yet, so why fret it?
Old 01-05-12, 06:46 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Lego also has a new Marvel line toys coming out this year so I wouldn't be surprised to see Lego Spider-man, X-Men, Avengers, etc.. video games in the future.
Old 01-05-12, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

LEGO Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I'd buy it. Not as fast as LEGO X-Men Legends, but I'd buy it.
Old 01-05-12, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think I'm LEGO gamed out. Seems a bit saturated...
Old 01-05-12, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

They should do Lego Legion of Super-Heroes (had to read that twice as I was typing it)
Old 01-06-12, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

As much as I like the Lego games, I never buy them on release day and wait until it goes down to $20 to get them.
Old 01-06-12, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts

Originally Posted by Texan26
Lego also has a new Marvel line toys coming out this year so I wouldn't be surprised to see Lego Spider-man, X-Men, Avengers, etc.. video games in the future.
And I wouldn't be surprised if DC had some sort of clause in their licensing agreements of this game that precluded them from making a Marvel game as well.
Old 01-06-12, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

What's the appeal of these games? I always thought they were simple platformers, just with a Lego license.
Old 01-06-12, 09:49 AM

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

I really liked Lego Batman and my son is a huge DC Superfriends fan, so I'm really looking forward to this one!
Old 01-06-12, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Wolf359
What's the appeal of these games? I always thought they were simple platformers, just with a Lego license.
The appeal to me is getting all of the characters, easy achievements (for the most part), in case of Harry Potter and ones based on actual movie events how well they get the little things right and great co-op play. My wife and myself have an absolute ball playing it. Sure you die plenty of times at first but since it hardly penalizes you at all for it, nobody usually gets upset or frustrated. (except at the occasional glitch). They are some of the greatest pick up and play type games of this generation. The only bad ones to date I've played in my opinion were the Indiana Jones ones. But Batman, Potter, Star Wars all complete blasts.
Old 01-06-12, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
I think I'm LEGO gamed out. Seems a bit saturated...
A month ago I would have agreed with you. They released 3 games last year within a few months (Clone Wars, Pirates and Harry Potter 2) and not only did I play all three but I also finally got around to playing the first Potter game immediately before starting the second. I'm not talking casual play, I'm talking 100%/1000gs play. I played the two "Star Wars" trilogy games on the original Xbox but I've played every subsequent game to completion on the 360 starting with the "Complete Saga" Star Wars one so at this point I practically have to complete each one.

Playing both Potter games back-to-back was tedious to say the least but it hasn't been that long and I'm ready for another one. They're formulaic and repetitive but they're fun as hell and unlocking everything is extremely satisfying.
Old 01-07-12, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!

Lego Batman was awesome, even though I'm glitched from getting my one final achievement, and Lego Pirates was my favorite so far (1k/1k). I've started the Star Wars, Harry Potter, and Indy series, but none of them have drawn me in like Pirates and Batman. I am so ready for Lego Batman 2!!
Old 01-07-12, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
As much as I like the Lego games, I never buy them on release day and wait until it goes down to $20 to get them.
Agreed. I think they're a lot of fun but only worth $20. I'm curious if they'll actually make Superman fly.
Old 01-07-12, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!

Why are they only worth $20? I've put as much time and effort into Pirates and Batman as I did, say...Portal 2, Arkham Asylum/City, and Dead Space (1 or 2). They are full-fledged games in my opinion, and well worth full price. Not saying there's anything wrong with waiting for a bargain, just saying they are as meaty as many other games.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.