Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

E-mail Squaresoft and tell them to release Chrono Trigger and FF4 for PSX

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

E-mail Squaresoft and tell them to release Chrono Trigger and FF4 for PSX

Old 03-24-01, 10:18 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Send you e-mails to [email protected] for them to release these two great titles on the Playstation.

STORY - Final Fantasy IX isn't Square's last PlayStation game, apparently. Square EA said that the company is considering bringing two more games to the PlayStation in 2001. The games? Only Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy IV, which some Square fans consider two of the company's very best RPGs ever.
"We're looking into the possibility of bringing Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy IV to North America," a Square EA representative stated. "But nothing has been officially announced."

Chrono Trigger, the prequel to the recently released Chrono Cross, and Final Fantasy IV, the game that U.S. gamers didn't get in Final Fantasy Anthology, both originally appeared on Nintendo's Super NES. And now, Square is considering bringing ports of the games to North America as lower-priced titles sometime in 2001.

What will convince Square that it should bring these games to the US? To contact Square, email them at [email protected] to let the folks there know what you think.
Old 03-24-01, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Tobal no. 2 was also another title they had hinted at bringing out in the US. The Anthology sold very well for them even though it was missing FF4. I think there is a good chance for seeing this release this year. I emailed them just in case.
Old 03-24-01, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sent them an email too ... I would like to see these two, as I have played FF7-FF9 (and FF6 soon) and Chrono Cross, but not the older games.
Old 03-24-01, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

FF4 I understand, but I hated Chrono Trigger... it was so bad
Old 03-24-01, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Feneant
FF4 I understand, but I hated Chrono Trigger... it was so bad
*PPPPFFFFFTTTTTT as I blow my coffee all over the computer.*

What a great thing to read when you first get up! You, my friend, are the only person I have ever heard say that they didn't like Chronotrigger and thought it was a bad game. I mean...Chronotrigger...Toriyama...guess there's a first time for everything.

But really, c'mon...let's quit joking now. Hahahaha it's not funny anymore.
Old 03-24-01, 07:10 PM

You should try to play the Super Nintendo version if you can. Or try to buy a license and use an emulator (I don't know where you could get a license tho...).

I tried FF5 and FF6 on a PSX and it was ugly. The CD-Rom of the PSX is way too slow, you have to wait between each new screen! The SNES version is really better (you can probably find the mpeg of the movies of the intro so you lose nothing)
Old 03-27-01, 08:30 PM
Banned

Despite what other people have had to say, I'm still trying to keep this campaign alive.
Old 03-28-01, 12:49 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Will FF4 be the Japanese FF4 or the US FF2 version?
Old 03-28-01, 03:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
playstation? ugh.

I don't care for the Playstation. I detest most RPGs, the FF series among them. But... Chrono Trigger... man. It's frustrating to see one of my favorite games released on one of my least favorite systems. Still, I sent an email supporting the re-release. Ah well, who cares, I have a Dreamcast.
Old 03-29-01, 04:12 PM
Banned

Please support the cause people.
Old 03-29-01, 04:46 PM

Originally posted by madhat51
Unfortunately I highly doubt this Japanese company care about you. They only want your money and they don't seem to think they would make much money with that game. They even tried to hide the fact that some FF were not released in the US (FF2 and FF3 Jap were skipped here, so FF4 Jap was called FF2 US). Your best bet would be to ask the Canadian Electronic Arts (Electronic Square) but they could maybe only do a PC version, not a console one and everybody knows that the real FF fans already played with the emulator.
Old 03-30-01, 06:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Real Boba Fett
Unfortunately I highly doubt this Japanese company care about you. They only want your money and they don't seem to think they would make much money with that game. They even tried to hide the fact that some FF were not released in the US (FF2 and FF3 Jap were skipped here, so FF4 Jap was called FF2 US). Your best bet would be to ask the Canadian Electronic Arts (Electronic Square) but they could maybe only do a PC version, not a console one and everybody knows that the real FF fans already played with the emulator.
Square long since abandoned putting the wrong numbers on their releases. FF VII here is the same FF VII from Japan. Front Mission 3 is called 3 here even though no other versions have been released in the US. Same goes for Chocobo's Dungeon 2. Square US figured out that one a long time ago. As far as who to ask, its up to Square EA here in the US whether or not these get released. If they think there is a market for the game they will translate it and release it. The Anthonlogy sold well so I think the chances for FF IV and Chrono Trigger are very good. Tobal no. 2 is a long shot, but considering how well The Bouncer sold (another Dreamfactory game) they may consider it.
Old 03-30-01, 07:20 PM

Originally posted by darkside
Originally posted by Real Boba Fett
Square long since abandoned putting the wrong numbers on their releases. FF VII here is the same FF VII from Japan. Front Mission 3 is called 3 here even though no other versions have been released in the US. Same goes for Chocobo's Dungeon 2. Square US figured out that one a long time ago. As far as who to ask, its up to Square EA here in the US whether or not these get released. If they think there is a market for the game they will translate it and release it. The Anthonlogy sold well so I think the chances for FF IV and Chrono Trigger are very good. Tobal no. 2 is a long shot, but considering how well The Bouncer sold (another Dreamfactory game) they may consider it.

I am not saying that they still change the version number. But saying that it was a long time ago is your point of view... A long time ago IMO would be when Square was releasing games like Rad Racer .

Are you sure that EA has control on the console games of Square? I though that Square EA was only for the PC market. If they also have control on the console market I think they should have put pressure on Square to make FF8 with a decent resolution and then reduce it as hell for the PSX but keep it decent for the PC...