Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Finally Beat Final Fantasy IX

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Finally Beat Final Fantasy IX

Old 03-30-01, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know I know. Some of you are thinking what's the big deal? Trust me. I'm happy as a pig in sh!t right now.

Well....I've only been playing Final Fantasy games since part VII came out. I would either get to the end with nowhere near enough power or spells or get lost in the story. ( Is it just me or are they confusing at time?!?! )

A few days ago I got onto disk 4 and spent days running around catching up on weapons and experience points. Happy that it paid off. I wasn't too impressed with the way that they did the ending but it had some very cool parts.

Now.....do I go back and beat VII or VIII next? Any ideas? I'd rather play VIII cause of the more life like characters. But I did get a lot farther in VII. ( to the last guy )
Old 03-30-01, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

congrats!
Old 03-30-01, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I probably will join you this weekend. Let's keep this thread spoiler free or at least use the spoiler tags.

I think you should probably beat 7 first if you're on the last guy. Then beat 8. Both are definitely worth it. If you have nothing more to do, try FF6 or Chrono Cross. Square RPGs are good.
Old 03-30-01, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh....I won't spoil it for you. It was certainly worth the almost 40 hours I out into it.

I hope that I still have my saved game from VII. I hope there is a way to back out of the last part of the game and run around and gain experience like I did in IX.

Maybe now I can go back and beat stuff like Soul Reaver and a few other games as well. I bought too many at one time and just now gonna get around to getting somewhere with them.
Old 03-30-01, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

good for you! i started the FF series w/ FF7 for the PC and when i finally finished it (the first time, played once more w/ the faq), i was blown away by this style of RPGs having grown up w/ PC RPGs (dragonlance, eye of the beholder, wizardry, ultimas, etc.) i am going thru FF8 now (also for the PC) but i do not like it as much as FF7 despite the more realistically rendered characters. it is still very good. then, i have FF9 for PSX waiting. chrono cross... vagrant story...

i figure that i should be able to finish by next april...