Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth (Out now, consoles, PC)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-24, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 240 Likes on 173 Posts

Didn't see a thread. I read that this game has a game inside the game that's like Pokemon and another one like Animal Crossing and started reading up about it. Saw a 30% off sale and jumped on the bells and whistles version.

This is one of the best games I have ever played in my life. After a while I started thinking hey isn't this a JRPG and read up on it and indeed it is. This is the first JRPG I only don't hate, but love. I'm going WTF every few moments and it event made me laugh out loud for real.

They have so many more "games" within the game than just those two. I have just five hours in. I have my daily Disney Speedstorn and Disney Dreamlight Valley but other than that this is it until I finish it. I'm not trying to hurry but I'm not going to do the Sujimon (Pokemon) or Dondoko Island (Animal Crossing) until I finish the game, it's pretty linear so I'll go to the end and from there it lets you go back and 100% it, which is what I plan to do. But I want to get to the end and then do Dragon's Dogma II and get to the end of that and THEN work on 100% both at the same time. It may take me until the end of the year

I thought 2023 was going to be impossible to beat in terms of games, but I even dare say this is way more fun than Starfield and BG3, both of which I finished.

I have never played a LAD game, I know they are all on GP but honestly I like pretty graphics so I have no plans to go back to the previous ones, after these two it's Avowed and whatever else comes out.
Old 05-10-24, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,023 Likes on 733 Posts
Re: Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth (Out now, consoles, PC)

I can understand not playing the Yakuza proper series but going to IW without playing the first is strange. It’s the same setup and gives you all the background to Ichiban. If you like one, you will like the other. Basically one long game.
Old 05-10-24, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Noonan
I can understand not playing the Yakuza proper series but going to IW without playing the first is strange. It’s the same setup and gives you all the background to Ichiban. If you like one, you will like the other. Basically one long game.
I didn't start looking into the games until I was four hours in and that's when I found out it was a sequel. Graphically the first lad looks very dated. I know the basics,

Spoiler:
Ichi is a low level Yasuka member who takes the blame for a crime he didn't commit. When he gets out he somehow learns some things and disbands two major Yasukas.

I may wiki the story of the first because I really don't think I'll play it but this so far hasn't made me feel like I've missed anything.
Old 05-10-24, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,023 Likes on 733 Posts

The first was released in 2020. They look almost identical. Half of IW takes place on the same map as the first.
Old 05-10-24, 04:51 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 974 Likes on 813 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
Didn't see a thread. I read that this game has a game inside the game that's like Pokemon and another one like Animal Crossing and started reading up about it. Saw a 30% off sale and jumped on the bells and whistles version.

This is one of the best games I have ever played in my life. After a while I started thinking hey isn't this a JRPG and read up on it and indeed it is. This is the first JRPG I only don't hate, but love. I'm going WTF every few moments and it event made me laugh out loud for real.

They have so many more "games" within the game than just those two. I have just five hours in. I have my daily Disney Speedstorn and Disney Dreamlight Valley but other than that this is it until I finish it. I'm not trying to hurry but I'm not going to do the Sujimon (Pokemon) or Dondoko Island (Animal Crossing) until I finish the game, it's pretty linear so I'll go to the end and from there it lets you go back and 100% it, which is what I plan to do. But I want to get to the end and then do Dragon's Dogma II and get to the end of that and THEN work on 100% both at the same time. It may take me until the end of the year

I thought 2023 was going to be impossible to beat in terms of games, but I even dare say this is way more fun than Starfield and BG3, both of which I finished.

I have never played a LAD game, I know they are all on GP but honestly I like pretty graphics so I have no plans to go back to the previous ones, after these two it's Avowed and whatever else comes out.
that’s quite an in-depth review.
Old 05-10-24, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Did the wiki, got the story. I'm OK just plying this one. May have been different if I had known beforehand but I don't want to stop playing the current game and spend fifty hours to then come back. I was surprised to read about something major he learns in the previous game because he finds that out in this game like it's the first time.
Old 05-10-24, 05:14 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 974 Likes on 813 Posts

Is this a game I would like? I don’t think I’ve ever played a turn based rpg. I mean do you actually fight baddies or like press a button and its automatic or something?

Last edited by OldBoy; 05-10-24 at 05:20 PM.