Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Dragon's Dogma II (PC, PS5, XSX/S) - 3/22/24

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-24, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,077 Likes on 773 Posts
Re: Dragon's Dogma II (PC, PS5, XSX/S) - 3/22/24

I don't think so. I left a building, and an armored guy just ran up and started attacking. No other NPCs noticed or had any reaction.
Old 04-12-24, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It happened again. There's a quest in a village to find a kid who went into some ruins. Found the kid, everyone is happy. I leave the ruins and literally the whole village starts attacking me for no reason. Even the nuns from the church. Before I can tell them to wait, my pawns spring into action and it's a full-blown war happening with villager bodies dropping left and right.

I ended up reloading my last Inn save which was from when I finished the quest to get the house. Lost maybe 2-3 hours of playtime, and I don't remember where the village was for that ruins quest. Pretty sure those ruins are where I need to bring the guy who's in jail and doesn't want to leave unless I find him a library of some type.

Last edited by Noonan; 04-12-24 at 07:20 AM.
Old 04-12-24, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

^It's in the slums of Vermund (very close to your house). I did that quest and nothing like that happend to me. Maybe try dismissing all your pawns just before starting quest. I don't know if that will help, but it's worth a try. There's something about you or them they just don't like.
The following users liked this post:
Noonan (04-12-24)
Old 04-12-24, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I have no idea. I'm pretty sure the save I loaded was from before the 1st time it happened with the armored guy/guard. Hopefully whatever I did to make them all hate me won't happen again.

Question. This game doesn't have a stealth system. Does opening chests in homes cause NPCs to aggro if they see you, like an NPC would in TES? When I was leaving the hideout in Nameless Village, there were a ton of chests. When I go back there now that I've gone to an older save, I don't want the whole place to start attacking me if I loot them.

Last edited by Noonan; 04-12-24 at 09:51 AM.
Old 04-12-24, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 434 Likes on 324 Posts

I loot chests even in front of shopkeepers and nobody bats an eye.
Old 04-12-24, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

For the most part no, although I did run into one situation where the guy didn't like it. That was in Checkpoint Rest Town and (after Googling it) found out that it actually screwed up a quest, so I had to reload my save. There might be more, but that's the only time someone has said something so far.
Old 04-15-24, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't know how pawn work fully, but my issue definitely seems to have been tied to a player pawn I was using. I couldn't avoid the fights with normal people. After reloading the old save, all was good for a while. Then I took an oxcart. We got raided mid trip. About 5 seconds after all the mobs were killed, pawns started fighting with the people on the cart. The driver ran away, and I was left in the wilderness.

The thief pawn I had always seemed to be in the middle of it all. Plus, he was getting a bit low in level compared to the rest of us. Swapped him out and a random fight hasn't happened since. Too bad since he had a trait which showed gathering spots on my map.
Old 04-18-24, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Decided to take a chance and fought one of the griffins with 5 health bars on my way back to town last night. Surprised to see I was actually able to take it out. 7k Exp was nice.

I've done the quests for the guy in the bar. Next is to go somewhere with him but I want to finish up a few things first since I don't know what will change once I push the MSQ forward.

I wish there was a way to upgrade equipment using materials you have in storage. Having to go back and forth from my house/storage to the vendor to upgrade is unnecessary and always holding upgrade mats on my character makes my carry weight too high.
Old 04-18-24, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You don't have to carry any of the upgrade materials on you. All the vendors will recognize what you have in storage when you're trying to enhance anything.

As for your previous post, that trait is called forager I believe. Just look for another pawn that's closer to your current level with that trait. Tons of them have it and I think you can even narrow down your search for specific traits when you go to advanced search.
Old 04-19-24, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks. Surprised I never noticed upgrading would consider stored mats. That's helpful.
Old 04-23-24, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

TFW you're avoiding dragons to find lesser dragons only to realize the dragons you're avoiding ARE the lesser dragons.

One down after an epic fight. I still need to find a 2nd to get the 15 wyrm crystals I need for MSQ.
Old 04-25-24, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 434 Likes on 324 Posts

I used to run from dragons but get a mage in your party and they go down quick.
Old 04-25-24, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I've had both mage types in my party pretty much the full game. I just swapped my main character to the Jedi job, whatever they call it. Archer was fun but I wanted to try out something new. Plus, I found a pretty strong weapon for the job. Stronger than anything I could buy at the shop in the 2nd city.

Are dragons the hardest enemies in the game? I haven't tried to kill a Medusa yet, but I imagine those are pretty tough as well. Chimera wasn't very hard to kill. And Ogre's go down very easily at my current level.

Last edited by Noonan; 04-25-24 at 08:09 AM.
Old 04-28-24, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Noonan
I've had both mage types in my party pretty much the full game. I just swapped my main character to the Jedi job, whatever they call it. Archer was fun but I wanted to try out something new. Plus, I found a pretty strong weapon for the job. Stronger than anything I could buy at the shop in the 2nd city.

Are dragons the hardest enemies in the game? I haven't tried to kill a Medusa yet, but I imagine those are pretty tough as well. Chimera wasn't very hard to kill. And Ogre's go down very easily at my current level.
The Medusa was the hardest enemy for me. Finally fought one very late game (after final boss), and more or less brute forced my way through the encounter.
Old 05-06-24, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Question for those who are finished or in post-game. I'd look it up, but I don't want to spoil anything.
Spoiler:
So, I kill the dragon. Credits start, everyone is happy. In the throne room I see the ghost who's appeared a few times. Talk to him a couple times and I'm back on the dragon's back. I must have luckily assumed what to do. I saw his heart glowing and randomly used that MSQ sword item since it seemed like the only thing to do. Nothing else was usable. Now the game has a new title screen. (I do understand what's happening in the story and why the world is different) Did I miss some normal ending and jump to post game somehow? Is this the normal sequence of things?

Totally unrelated but a 2nd question. Is getting a usable Medusa head versus a useless/shriveled one just RNG or is there a specific method to getting one?
Old 07-15-24, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 244 Likes on 177 Posts

Play 2 hours for free on Steam until 7/18.