Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Dredge

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-24, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 860 Likes on 631 Posts
Dredge

I started playing this on Monday and Tuesday since it snowed and I couldn't leave the house. Anyone else playing this? I'm really enjoying it, but the game doesn't really hold your hand and help tell you what you to do. I died a couple times and I'm not really sure why I died. I guess I may have gone too far off the map. It can get really scary when you're out fishing at night.
Old 01-18-24, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,077 Likes on 773 Posts
Re: Dredge

Did we really not already have a thread for this? Loved the game. And yeah, you can't venture too far out at night or you'll die. I thought I was stuck at a new island, constantly dying when I tried to get back to the starting town. Turns out there was another port near by I could use to pass time and stay safe.

I still need to get around to playing the DLC. They added a new ice(?) area and there's also a crossover with Dave the Diver.
Old 01-18-24, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Noonan
Did we really not already have a thread for this? Loved the game. And yeah, you can't venture too far out at night or you'll die. I thought I was stuck at a new island, constantly dying when I tried to get back to the starting town. Turns out there was another port near by I could use to pass time and stay safe.

I still need to get around to playing the DLC. They added a new ice(?) area and there's also a crossover with Dave the Diver.
I searched for a thread and couldn't find one so I made one. I somehow got swallowed up by a huge fish in the Cliffs area at night. You have to go to the back area to get a night fish for a quest and I got lost trying to get back. I think I went too far off the map and was swallowed whole by a gigantic fish. I either died or my cargo would get infested trying to get a fish for a girl that likes rotten fish. It took me at least six attempts to get it. Sometimes I would get it, but I would take a hit and lose that fish in my cargo... It was so frustrating. I actually started playing this so I could play the Dave the Diver crossover.
Old 01-18-24, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 614 Likes on 450 Posts

Yeah the whole game play loop is staying close to your original area until you unlock enough upgrades for you to explore farther and farther out. Once you got a decent amount of upgrades you can pretty much explore whenever and as far as you want.
Old 01-19-24, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lwhy?
I searched for a thread and couldn't find one so I made one. I somehow got swallowed up by a huge fish in the Cliffs area at night. You have to go to the back area to get a night fish for a quest and I got lost trying to get back. I think I went too far off the map and was swallowed whole by a gigantic fish. I either died or my cargo would get infested trying to get a fish for a girl that likes rotten fish. It took me at least six attempts to get it. Sometimes I would get it, but I would take a hit and lose that fish in my cargo... It was so frustrating. I actually started playing this so I could play the Dave the Diver crossover.
Yeah, I looked as well. Now I need to remember where I was discussing this game. I thought it was here.

If you see that a fish has gone bad in your boat, dump it right away (unless you need it rotten specifically) since it will spread to other fish you have.
Old 01-19-24, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Noonan
Yeah, I looked as well. Now I need to remember where I was discussing this game. I thought it was here.

If you see that a fish has gone bad in your boat, dump it right away (unless you need it rotten specifically) since it will spread to other fish you have.
I got an alert that something had slithered onboard and started infecting the fish. They weren't rotting, they were infected.
Old 04-10-24, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

In news I wasn't expecting to hear, Dredge is getting a film adaptation. Count me in.
Old 06-08-24, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 614 Likes on 450 Posts

Trailer up for the upcoming DLC The Iron Rig.