Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora (12/7/23; PS5, Xbox Series S|X, PC)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora (12/7/23; PS5, Xbox Series S|X, PC)

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-24, 01:03 PM
TOTY Winner 2018 and Inane Thread Master

Received 1,019 Likes on 851 Posts
Re: Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora (12/7/23; PS5, Xbox Series S|X, PC)

About how far in the game until you get to fly on the winged creatures?
Old 02-25-24, 03:32 PM

I only just completed taking out of my second RDA installment. Those are bitches. It would be so much better if this game had stealth takedowns. It seems so ripe for it. I have to sneak and try to take out one guy or mech at a time, but you hit one and they all come running and then the reinforcements arrive.

Stealth would have made these RDA installations so much better and the game as a whole. I’m not even sure where all these RDA facilities are. I know you’re supposed to look for smoke stacks, but I’ve hardly seen any. Just the one I recently took out.

Do you guys focus more on the RDA facilities or just do story and side quests? I’m really trying to like this game, but it’s making it difficult.
Old 02-25-24, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 219 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
I only just completed taking out of my second RDA installment. Those are bitches. It would be so much better if this game had stealth takedowns. It seems so ripe for it. I have to sneak and try to take out one guy or mech at a time, but you hit one and they all come running and then the reinforcements arrive.

Stealth would have made these RDA installations so much better and the game as a whole. I’m not even sure where all these RDA facilities are. I know you’re supposed to look for smoke stacks, but I’ve hardly seen any. Just the one I recently took out.

Do you guys focus more on the RDA facilities or just do story and side quests? I’m really trying to like this game, but it’s making it difficult.
I remember the frustration you mention, but don’t recall when it went away and if it was from picking skills or some armor/mods I got. Eventually, it gets much easier to use a stealth approach, especially with a decent bow and aiming at highlighted weak spots. Generally, I would advise pushing through story mission until you get the flying creature and then worrying more about side quests and filling in the map. Also, every N’avi camp or installation you visit becomes a quick travel point and those make things a lot easier to tackle. Quick travel does use stamina though, at least until you get a perk that makes it free, so I would always try to hit a bellsprig after using it.
The following users liked this post:
OldBoy (02-26-24)
Old 02-28-24, 03:43 PM

About to get my Ikran. Next quest is Take Flight. I really hope it picks up now.

So far, it’s been all these fetch quests or meet him or her Na’vi there, etc.

I have only had 2 RDA encounters, 3 if you count 3 random mechs I took out with the sling shot.

Also, just got the shotgun, but completely forgot about it until this post.

And, I hit Belsprig all the time, but it does nothing for stamina. I hit them, it gets bluish, but stamina remains depleted.

It really needs to pick up…
Old 02-29-24, 04:36 PM

Everyone give up on this game already? Too bad. It’s getting better and better as it goes along. At least I’m understanding the rpg elements ok. Still don’t understand the inventory situation and why it’s always full and even when I drop stuff, it doesn’t make room. But, I plug along and like it decent enough.
Old 03-02-24, 08:30 PM

can someone please explain how the inventory system works and how to truly get rid of items in your inventory? i've been going mad because there are things i want to pick up, like health packs and grenades and every time i go to do it, it tells me my inventory is full. so i dump some stuff, even though i can see not every inventory slot is filled. i just don't know what to get rid of that i haven't before so i can pick something else up.

and, it took me over 2 hours just trying to find one blaze fruit so i can contribute to the clan and be done with one quest. over 2 hours. no joke. i even looked at videos and written pieces of where they should be online, but i couldn't follow it. so, i went to every mountain, every floating island i could and finally found one. but, it is these type of things (where you have no real sense of where to go sometimes) that makes this game so frustrating and so likeable at the same time. ugh!
Old 03-04-24, 06:09 PM

This game was so ripe for stealth. I had to take out an RDA facility and you can walk up to the soldiers without being detected, but getting right behind them and not seeing that stealth takedown que is a real kick in the craw. You can run and punch the soldiers without detection and I know you can rip the soldiers out of the mech, but that must be a perk I haven’t been able to pick up yet.

But, I wish this was a little more Far Cry which, I believe, has stealth takedowns.

And leveling up takes forever. I’ve played 21hrs and only level 6.
Old 03-04-24, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This game was so ripe for stealth. I had to take out an RDA facility and you can walk up to the soldiers without being detected, but getting right behind them and not seeing that stealth takedown que is a real kick in the craw. You can run and punch the soldiers without detection and I know you can rip the soldiers out of the mech, but that must be a perk I haven’t been able to pick up yet.

But, I wish this was a little more Far Cry which, I believe, has stealth takedowns.

And leveling up takes forever. I’ve played 21hrs and only level 6.
Are you equipping new weapons and armor as you get them? ‘Leveling’ in this game is nearly entirely a function of the gear you have equipped.
Old 03-04-24, 07:11 PM

Yes. I upgrade and stuff. Buff up weapons, craft, but not to a large degree. I can’t ever pick up new resources bc it always says my inventory is full. I’ve done at least 10-12 quests. Should I be a higher level?
Old 03-05-24, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yes. I upgrade and stuff. Buff up weapons, craft, but not to a large degree. I can’t ever pick up new resources bc it always says my inventory is full. I’ve done at least 10-12 quests. Should I be a higher level?
I guess it depends how you’re playing. If you’re doing side quests and looting the areas you clear, I’d think so. IIRC, I was leveling pretty slowly until I got the Ikrun, then started moving up pretty steadily. I think I was at 18 when I called it quits.