Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC - 6/5/23

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-24, 06:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 121 Likes on 109 Posts
Re: DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC - 6/5/23

Originally Posted by MrX
Maxroll released their early season 4 tier lists. The buff to minions looks like it’s made Necro the top For endgame.

https://maxroll.gg/d4/tierlists
I saw that but frankly with all the huge changes, more upgrading and crafting options, I really don't see the typical "Meta Builds" being a thing this time around. Plus right now there's just a lot of guessing and uncertainty but....On Paper....it sounds like there are really no bad options or class. For me, I'm going with a Rogue Bow Build. Have not done a Bow Build, just the Blades. If for some reason I don't, my second choice is a Necro Blight. I'm excited and looking forward to it. Have not played D4 since the prior season; did not play at al this current. Just needed a break....
Old 05-13-24, 07:37 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 278 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
I saw that but frankly with all the huge changes, more upgrading and crafting options, I really don't see the typical "Meta Builds" being a thing this time around. Plus right now there's just a lot of guessing and uncertainty but....On Paper....it sounds like there are really no bad options or class. For me, I'm going with a Rogue Bow Build. Have not done a Bow Build, just the Blades. If for some reason I don't, my second choice is a Necro Blight. I'm excited and looking forward to it. Have not played D4 since the prior season; did not play at al this current. Just needed a break....
I think I played season 3 for a month and then just stopped.

I'm probably going to start with a minion necro and see how useful the minions are now. Should be easy to level up with all the XP on WTs 2-4 buffed and helltides running on all WTs now.
The following users liked this post:
K&AJones (05-13-24)
Old 05-14-24, 08:11 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Played for about 3 hours tonight and the Necro is a beast. Made it to lvl 36 just playing the helltides in WT 2.

The minions are a much more tanky and take a lot of damage. I still need to unlock the Golem.
Old 05-15-24, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MrX
Played for about 3 hours tonight and the Necro is a beast. Made it to lvl 36 just playing the helltides in WT 2.

The minions are a much more tanky and take a lot of damage. I still need to unlock the Golem.
They're going to have to Nerf that Necro Minion Build...I've seen them dime-a-dozen everywhere and on YouTube they're showing even low level and hardly equipped players are wrecking everything. No-way this stays as is......I thought about Necro but run Blight but instead went with Rogue Rapid Fire....using Barrage until I get up more and adding poison which is working. it was good to play again but mis playing with all the friends we had when D4 was released. There was 7 of us and had no problem getting in a group. The one who was going to play sadly has her Mom in Hospice...the others, haven't heard or seen but at least I'm seeing players in Helltide and Legion event.
Old 05-15-24, 05:54 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

They're going to have to Nerf that Necro Minion Build...I've seen them dime-a-dozen everywhere and on YouTube they're showing even low level and hardly equipped players are wrecking everything. No-way this stays as is......I thought about Necro but run Blight but instead went with Rogue Rapid Fire....using Barrage until I get up more and adding poison which is working. it was good to play again but mis playing with all the friends we had when D4 was released. There was 7 of us and had no problem getting in a group. The one who was going to play sadly has her Mom in Hospice...the others, haven't heard or seen but at least I'm seeing players in Helltide and Legion event.
I did the capstone dungeon in WT2 at lvl 42 and didn’t even lose a minion the entire way.

I think I died for the first time just now in the WT 3 helltide at lvl 45 when I got mobbed by a bunch of lvl 58 elites
Old 05-15-24, 06:55 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

The minion necro already feels like the ball lightning sorc from season 2.

First time running a nightmare dungeon and I ran into the butcher who was 5 levels above me and my necro cut through him like butter,
Old 05-16-24, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 240 Likes on 173 Posts

Does that mean that my single player necro minion also got buffed or just seasonal?
K&AJones (05-16-24)
Old 05-16-24, 06:01 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
Does that mean that my single player necro minion also got buffed or just seasonal?
I believe so.
Old 05-16-24, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yes...al the new changes applied to both Seasonal and Normal Play...

I'm still on WT1 and slowly moving up....now at Level 30. I just started getting some decent Legendary Items to help out and still getting use to the Rogue Barrage Build. There's a few variations out there; have not seen anything much for this season. It's a bit more on the rotation vs others. Sort of with Barbs in a way where you're using all five assignments but in a certain order and keep them all staggered and going. I might dabble in WT2 tonight and see. I haven't even tried a Dungeon except on the Rogue Quest and that was a cakewalk. Been hectic in Helltide though going solo. Died once and it's been ok when I run across other players. Just different now this is the first time not in a group. In the past there was 2-4 us and we just wrecked everything and usually was opening 3-4 chests a run.

Not sure when my best coop friend will be back...kanjji...she lost her Mom yesterday. She went into hospice Care just days ago. been a constant flow of health issues for last few months....
Old 05-16-24, 09:17 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

WT2 you level up fast. I jumped straight in from the start, did a did a legion event first thing, and went from lvl 1 to lvl 9 by the end of the event.

I've played around 6 hours so far and I'm at lvl 51 and almost at a 2nd paragon board.

If you're looking for someone to play with and I'm online send me an invite.
Old 05-16-24, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 82 Likes on 63 Posts

I jumped back in and S4 is a blast so far. Running around with an Incinerate build on my sorc and melting faces. Leveling in the helltide goes pretty fast. LOVE the new codex system.
Old 05-16-24, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MrX
WT2 you level up fast. I jumped straight in from the start, did a did a legion event first thing, and went from lvl 1 to lvl 9 by the end of the event.

I've played around 6 hours so far and I'm at lvl 51 and almost at a 2nd paragon board.

If you're looking for someone to play with and I'm online send me an invite.
I sure will and thanks for the offer.....and yea, they reworked the Leveling....
T1 had no change nor extra bump
T2...was at 20% and got bumped to 50%
T3...was 100% and got bumped to 150%
T4.. was 150% and got bumped to 200%
Old 05-17-24, 06:06 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

I sure will and thanks for the offer.
I saw your message, but I was at the world boss and then had to quit for the night.
Old 05-17-24, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MrX
I saw your message, but I was at the world boss and then had to quit for the night.
NP...I left a little while later to when I saw my friend...kanjji on and i decided to hop over to Fallout 76...it was first time she has been on in 2 weeks and just needed someone to talk and play with after losing her Mom.

I did get some time in on T2 and wasn't bad at all. I think for now my skills and rotation for the Rogue Barrage with both Shadow and poison in the mix is doing the trick. Still don't think i can tackle a Dungeon solo quite yet but Helltide I survived. I'm not messing with the Tempering Aspect at all since the leveling is going fast. Just doing it the old way of popping on the highest power gear on and go with it....I'm trying to convince kanjji to get back in but she said she hasn't looked up builds or classes at all and no idea what to do. her favorite is...Sorc...she doesn't care for Barb, no idea about Druid which with minions as well is suppose to be right up there with Necro Minion Build.
Old 05-17-24, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Picked it up again for the first time since Season 1 after reading this because from the start I really wanted to play a Minion Necro and it got unmanageable at some point.

I had no clue what I was doing at first (I'd totally forgotten) Got to 50 pretty fast (started Wednesday, got to 50 Thursday sometime). I was so busy doing stuff (plus I thought I'd do all the Strongholds on normal because some of them can be a bit rough) that by the time I got a chance to do Capstone dungeon for Nightmare, I was 48, and the whole thing was completely trivial (Council and main boss went down in maybe a minute each or less).

I didn't die until 27 (dumb death). I have died a few times (about 3 one-shot deaths on World Boss at around 30 and there is some Sister of ??? in Helltides that was maybe 2 shots but has killed me about 6-7 times even when I'm paying attention) but it's not Hardcore so that's ok, just disappointing.

I love that you only get Sacred stuff on Nightmare now, and the new Aspect system is so much more enjoyable than the old one).

Still fun so far, will play as long as it is. I'd imagine I'll play for a while, because I'm having a pretty fun time (and I'm still at the point where everything that drops is a bit better).
K&AJones (05-17-24)
Old 05-17-24, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

After jumping into Tier 2 yesterday I've hit 46. I'm getting more use to the Rogue Barrage with Shadow & Poison setup to. I've been lucky getting some right legendary gear. I still haven't done crafting yet. Heck....I just started seeing some gems today. Have not tried a Dungeon yet....to me just way more fun with others. Have no issues with Loot at all and even at...The Tree...it seems a bit better at T2; can't imagine what it'll be at T3 and T4...I've had zero issues surviving Helltide......so far seen plenty in Legion and even a few World Bosses. After dinner I'll try some dungeons and just see
Old 05-18-24, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Wow, on this minion necro at 56, decided to try the dungeon (Fallen Temple) to get to tier 4. It was completely easy, I drank maybe 2-3 potions the whole way, and Elias wentbdown in about a minute. It was soooo hard for me on my other characters.
K&AJones (05-18-24)
Old 05-18-24, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I hit 51 last night...I ended up doing two World bosses, several Helltides and Legions, one Stronghold and about 4-5 Dungeons....I had zero problems with Stronghold and Dungeons....just a bit different solo since use to seeing 2-4 of us. I don't think it'll be that way with Nightmare.

MrX...I came close to hitting you up last night but it was getting late and I was looking for Dungeons with Rogue Aspects to get those out of the way. I would add if others wanted to do Dungeon Runs, it be a good and easy way in a group. And I know I'll need to run the one to get to T3 eventually...probably soon. Not sure if my character can handle that one but so far, she's handled almost everything fine.
Old 05-18-24, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 240 Likes on 173 Posts

I hope they don't nerf back necro minions for a while, I can't play for a month (life) but I played a little and killed everything on the outer world, so I want to try to do campaign.
Old 05-18-24, 02:35 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Ginwen
Wow, on this minion necro at 56, decided to try the dungeon (Fallen Temple) to get to tier 4. It was completely easy, I drank maybe 2-3 potions the whole way, and Elias wentbdown in about a minute. It was soooo hard for me on my other characters.
I remember dying a bunch of times my first time against him as a rogue, I tried it this morning at lvl 62 and nuked him in a few seconds.

The blood maiden in helltides is the only really challenging thing. I tried Varshan in WT4 at lvl 68 and he took a little bit of time.

All the minion builds have corpse tendrils as part of the build but they’re useless most of the time since the minions kill everything before the tendrils can grab anything.

I’ve run ND up to tier 25 with no problems so far

The temper to increase the radius of decrepify slows 2/3 of the screen down and your minions just roll through them.
Old 05-19-24, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I hope they don't nerf back necro minions for a while, I can't play for a month (life) but I played a little and killed everything on the outer world, so I want to try to do campaign.
I did a World Boss...T3...last night and took a group shot before the battle....Five Necro Minion Builds. All the others it's been a few here and there. Hardly any Barbs or Druids. Surprisingly more Rogues and Sorcs than I expected.

I.m trying another Build...Heatseeker Rogue...which on paper makes no sense but you really need to have certain Aspects to make work like it should. Getting into T3 last night, I'm just loading Rare Items since they are stronger than my Legendary ones from T2. As usual struggled in parts of Helltide where one mob after another and no break while trying to figure out this new build
Old 05-19-24, 08:28 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Barbs are the only class that I rarely see, I’ve seen a lot of the others.

Seeing a lot of incinirate sorcs.
K&AJones (05-20-24)
Old 05-20-24, 06:36 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Saw a good idea from someone on the Diablo 4 reddit. When you hit lvl 82 you can use the profane mindcage in the helltides to boost all the enemies to lvl 95. At that point all the gear they drop will be 925 item power.

If you haven't used the profane mindcage it boosts enemy level up 10 and increases the number of shards. I had enough to open the Living Steel chest and Mysteries chest in about 20 minutes. It's only for use in the Helltide.
Old 05-21-24, 05:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I went back to a Barrage Rogue after trying the Heat-Seeker Build which on paper makes no sense but to work you really need specific gear and aspects. Since going to T3 it seems my Gear Drops have actually gotten worse; both Rare and Legendary. For some odd reason I'm getting lot of Swords...use Daggers...and last night saw the Whisper Bug in effect...did three Legion Events but only one counted in the gage....still haven't done a Dungeon in T3 solo; I'm still struggling in Helltide whenever there's a large mob group that just keeps coming.
Old 05-23-24, 08:25 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

I was able to access The Pit last night. I cleared up to tier 7 before I quit for the night. I started Masterworking an amulet the has the tempers I wanted and good affixes.
K&AJones (05-24-24)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.