Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

MLB The Show 22

Old 02-01-22, 04:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts
MLB The Show 22

Shohei Ohtani’s 2021 season was one for the ages. Hitting 46 home runs, 100 RBI’s, and stealing 26 bases while also having a 9-2 record on the mound with a 3.18 ERA and 156 strikeouts.

It has been said, “The man on top of the mountain didn’t fall there.” Ohtani might seem like an overnight success here in the US but he’s been climbing the impossible mountain since his teenage years attending Hanamaki Higashi High School in Japan.

After having one of the greatest seasons in the history of Major League Baseball, Shohei Ohtani was really the only obvious choice to grace the cover of MLB The Show 22.

Today, we are thrilled to announce that MLB The Show 22 launches on April 5th, 2022. The Standard Edition on Nintendo Switch is $59.99 USD/$79.99 CAD. The Standard Edition on last gen consoles is $59.99 USD/$79.99 CAD. The Standard Edition on current gen consoles is $69.99 USD/$89.99 CAD.

MLB The Show 22 Standard Edition on Nintendo Switch and on last gen consoles comes with the game and 5,000 stubs.

MLB The Show 22 Standard Edition on current gen consoles comes with the game, 10,000 stubs, and 5 The Show Packs.

For the second year in a row, MLB The Show is expanding to a new platform and will give fans a new way to play! MLB The Show 22 will be available on Nintendo Switch for the first time.

You’ll now be able to take this acclaimed baseball franchise with you wherever you go.

MLB® The Show™ - MLB® The Show™ is coming to Nintendo Switch for the first time

With MLB The Show 22, you now can easily move from platform to platform and keep access to your entire inventory of cards, and the MLB The Show Account allows you to do so. Just create your MLB The Show Account on TheShow.com and link your PlayStation, Xbox, and/or Nintendo Switch and you are all set. While you are creating your new linked account, make sure you sign-up for The Scouting Report, so we can send you all the latest MLB The Show 22 information, and subscribers also get an exclusive pack each month starting in April.

NintWith MLB The Show 22, you now can easily move from platform to platform and keep access to your entire inventory of cards, and the MLB The Show Account allows you to do so. Just create your MLB The Show Account on TheShow.com and link your PlayStation, Xbox, and/or Nintendo Switch and you are all set. While you are creating your new linked account, make sure you sign-up for The Scouting Report, so we can send you all the latest MLB The Show 22 information, and subscribers also get an exclusive pack each month starting in Aprilfanca w join in with Xbox and PlayStation fans to play against each other online with cross-platform play in MLB The Show 22*. In addition, cross progression allows you to earn and use any earned content on any platform or generation (this excludes PS5 and Xbox Series X|S exclusive features like Stadium Creator). With cross saves you can transfer a save file for Road to the Show or Franchise mode to a different console.

Last edited by Sonny Corinthos; 02-01-22 at 04:57 AM.
Old 02-01-22, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 210 Likes on 159 Posts
Re: MLB The Show 22

I think this is going to be on Gamepass on day one which feels so weird but right thanks to the MLB.
Old 02-01-22, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 172 Likes on 141 Posts

^^ I read that as well.

Does anyone know if your rosters / franchise will transfer over to the new game? I really don't want to start a franchise over after having played 3 seasons.
Old 02-01-22, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

God damnit, I like buying The Show digitally nowadays so I don't have to take the disc in and out, but the Shohei cover is going to force me to buy a physical copy.
Old 02-01-22, 09:07 AM

Received 87 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxflier View Post
God damnit, I like buying The Show digitally nowadays so I don't have to take the disc in and out, but the Shohei cover is going to force me to buy a physical copy.
Buy it digitally like normal,
Wait for a sale for the physical?
Old 02-01-22, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This year's annual baseball game MLB The Show 22 will be coming to Nintendo Switch and Xbox Game Pass day one. Releasing on April 5, the series is its first release on Nintendo Switch, and its second release outside of a PlayStation console after last year's MLB The Show 21 came to Xbox consoles.MLB The Show 22 has finally been announced, and it's hitting more platforms than ever before this year. Of course, that has immediately reignited a burning question: will it have crossplay?

The answer is yes! MLB The Show 22 will indeed have crossplay once again, and in a stunning move we'll even have crossplay to Nintendo Switch.

MLB The Show 22 Crossplay: Nintendo Switch debut still gets Cross-Platform progression (realsport101.com)

That makes it possible to crossplay between Nintendo, PlayStation, and Xbox platforms, which is truly groundbreaking for sports gaming.
Old 02-02-22, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Deluxe and MVP Editions were announced today.

MLB® The Show™ - Purchase EN-US
Old 04-05-22, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Now available on Game Pass... I d/l this year's version after playing 3 seasons of 21. Really bummed the previous years don't transfer into this game but I do love me some baseball and I'm thrilled to have this for "free".
Old 04-05-22, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 183 Likes on 131 Posts

Played it a bit. Easier to hit. Seems fun. Although I finally get the call to the majors and it crashes. It puts me back to the beginning of the season. I try again, get traded, and get called up. Crashes again. Back to my previous team at the start of the year.

Fuck this bugged piece of shit. I have plenty of other games to play.
Old 04-05-22, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,662 Likes on 1,219 Posts

I ordered the physical copy and it arrived today from Game Stop. I'll try to play a little this weekend.
The following users liked this post:
PhantomStranger (04-07-22)
Old 04-06-22, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Not a whole lot different from last years game. It's a little thing, but I do like the fan cam they added between innings.
The following users liked this post:
Shannon Nutt (04-06-22)
Old 04-06-22, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 167 Likes on 134 Posts

I love this game, but I still think the whole card pack thing is needlessly convoluted and confusing. I guess people love it though.
Old 04-06-22, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm so glad I have no interest in that bullshit. I only ever play franchise mode.
The following 2 users liked this post by Maxflier:
Rob V (04-07-22), Shannon Nutt (04-08-22)
Old 04-06-22, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,662 Likes on 1,219 Posts

DLC's have ruined so many video games, including sports games.
The following 2 users liked this post by DJariya:
Shannon Nutt (04-08-22), Sonny Corinthos (05-02-22)
Old 04-07-22, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 183 Likes on 131 Posts

My game still crashes every time I try and play a game in the majors. It’s happened six times now. Right after getting promoted.

Just tried again. Seven times now. This after I restarted the Xbox.
Old 04-07-22, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by nickdawgy View Post
My game still crashes every time I try and play a game in the majors. It’s happened six times now. Right after getting promoted.

Just tried again. Seven times now. This after I restarted the Xbox.
Not sure if you care to submit a ticket, but the Devs fully recognize some game breaking bugs and ask that people do report the bug.

This game is pretty much last year's version with a coat of paint -- which i fine enough. I only play franchise anyhow.

One cool thing is they had a guy throw out the first pitch and it was almost a Baba Booey level shit throw lol.
Old 04-07-22, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rob V View Post
Not sure if you care to submit a ticket, but the Devs fully recognize some game breaking bugs and ask that people do report the bug.

This game is pretty much last year's version with a coat of paint -- which i fine enough. I only play franchise anyhow.

One cool thing is they had a guy throw out the first pitch and it was almost a Baba Booey level shit throw lol.
Probably a direct reference. I know they have referenced the horsetooth jackass before in the game.
Old 04-07-22, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 452 Likes on 389 Posts

Anyone try it on the Switch?
Old 05-01-22, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 167 Likes on 134 Posts

So...I joined two online leagues of 30 teams each and both of them have been full for weeks, but gameplay has yet to start - is it the responsibility of the creator of the league to start the games, and if he/she doesn't, is there a way of reporting them so they get flagged in some way or that Sony can give some other member permission to start the league?