Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Marvelís Guardians of the Galaxy --> 10/26/21 --> (XBSX, PS5)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Marvelís Guardians of the Galaxy --> 10/26/21 --> (XBSX, PS5)

Old 10-26-21, 08:59 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 345 Likes on 306 Posts
Re: Marvelís Guardians of the Galaxy --> 10/26/21 --> (XBSX, PS5)

Originally Posted by The Questyen View Post
I didn't mean keep track of the number of games you have. I meant keeping track of what's going on in these games.
my attention span lately has been 0-10 lately. I’m lucky if I can finish one whole movie in a weekend now. It’s nuts, I know, but I like variety and knowing I can play them anytime on a whim. i also view button layouts a lot and remeberize prior to playing and sometimes during.

I know, hopefully, someday I’ll finish many. Last I finished I guess was DOOM: Eternal? I hope that’s not right bc that was long ago. Ugh.

I have a feeling this one will hook me. It has most my game likes and parameters so I think that itch will be back soon.

Either that, or I think the pot makes me unfocused. Which I thought was opposite effect. Who knows? Either way I’m such a schizo when it comes to stuff lately. Terrible.
Old 10-26-21, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by The Questyen View Post
I didn't mean keep track of the number of games you have. I meant keeping track of what's going on in these games.
and many of these games are memorable or at least this simpleton remembers mostly whatís going on in each game. I mean, itís not that many. Maybe jumped through 6-7 lately, but have stuck to FC6 of late. Only thing playing consistently, but Iíll give this a goÖ
Old 10-26-21, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 481 Likes on 346 Posts

I will play this eventually, but I will wait for a price drop. Avengers dropped pretty quickly due to poor sales. I imagine this will have better sakes, but still should drop within a few months.
Old 10-26-21, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 135 Likes on 104 Posts

What an idiotic way of doing the pre-order DLC. It requires you to go to the square site, have an account and then input their code. Then it starts going through some code creation thing that says it could take up to an hour. Well, I left my computer on and came back well over an hour later and it was on the same thing. Nowhere in my account is the code to get the DLC. That is unless the content will just magically appear in my game on the console.
Old 10-27-21, 03:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 123 Likes on 83 Posts

I just finished chapter one. It’s extremely fun. Everything Avengers should have been.
The following users liked this post:
K&AJones (10-27-21)
Old 10-27-21, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 136 Likes on 113 Posts

I'm compelled to get this game - despite having a backlog -- but I'm holding out until I'm done with FC6 and perhaps there will be a Black Friday price drop.
Old 10-27-21, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 223 Likes on 157 Posts

How's this look/perform on a vanilla PS4?

Mine is struggling, and I'm not sure when I'll be able to secure a PS5.
Old 10-27-21, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea View Post
What an idiotic way of doing the pre-order DLC. It requires you to go to the square site, have an account and then input their code. Then it starts going through some code creation thing that says it could take up to an hour. Well, I left my computer on and came back well over an hour later and it was on the same thing. Nowhere in my account is the code to get the DLC. That is unless the content will just magically appear in my game on the console.
same happened to me. Later that day, yesterday, got email from SE (apparently already had acct) for Xbox redeem code and it worked fine. Wait for email.
Old 10-28-21, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 253 Likes on 157 Posts

I'll wait for it to hit Game Pass.
Old 10-28-21, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 2,172 Likes on 1,395 Posts

Was the original preorder bonus code in the game or was it emailed to you?

BTW : Walmart shipped my copy with Steelbook AND dropped the price to $49.95. So that was pretty cool. Shipping might be delayed, but otherwise I'm pleased to get the Steelbook version at a slightly discounted price.
Old 10-28-21, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Was the original preorder bonus code in the game or was it emailed to you?

BTW : Walmart shipped my copy with Steelbook AND dropped the price to $49.95. So that was pretty cool. Shipping might be delayed, but otherwise I'm pleased to get the Steelbook version at a slightly discounted price.
my preorder bonus code was emailed after I logged into Square Enix and gave code sent from Amazon. They sent me email few hours later.
Old 10-28-21, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dsa_shea View Post
The deluxe edition content is the same way, You have to redeem a proprietary Square Enix code that comes in the case on their site, and then it generates codes for your platform to get the actual content. I left mine "processing" for 15 hrs and it never did anything. I gave up and tried again a few hours later and it went through in about 15 minutes.

On top of that, Best Buy sent out emails for the Pre-order codes that had a bunch of instructions on how to get through this stupid process, but didn't actually have the codes. So I had to contact them to get a code.
Old 10-31-21, 09:13 PM
Suspended

Received 64 Likes on 63 Posts

Tried it, didn't like it. Maybe it would've been better with one of those Pro Controllers, but I didn't enjoy it with the Joy-Cons. Liked the dialogue, that was fun. But glad I didn't spring for $79.99 CND, which I didn't have anyway. No big loss...I'm still trying to conquer Super Mario Odyssey and I'll probably eventually turn back to Zelda: BOTW, despite really loathing that game...But I always have Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley...those are always fun...
Old 11-01-21, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 847 Likes on 669 Posts

I somehow didn't even realize it came out for the switch but looked it up and it's a cloud version... how did it perform, Goonies85 (I realize a lot of that's dependent on your internet)
Old 11-01-21, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 2,172 Likes on 1,395 Posts

I have a high school friend who is a high-up executive at Square Enix. I saw his name in the end credits of Life is Strange True Colors and posted it on his Facebook page.
On Friday he Messaged me and asked me if I would like a copy of this game, and for what system. Then he sent me a code for the Digital Deluxe edition. How nice! I didn't get around to playing it yet, but I will.
And I have to return my purchased Steelbook copy back to Walmart, if it ever arrives (it shows as "Delayed" when I try to track it).
The following 2 users liked this post by Decker:
Adam Tyner (11-01-21), uteotw (11-22-21)
Old 11-01-21, 05:18 PM
Suspended

Received 64 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
I somehow didn't even realize it came out for the switch but looked it up and it's a cloud version... how did it perform, Goonies85 (I realize a lot of that's dependent on your internet)
Keep in mind I was only playing the demo, but it was "hiccuppy". Like, it would constantly stutter. So I can't say for sure that's how the actual game will be, but I felt the demo was twitchy. Maybe that harmed my enjoyment, but I don't think it was just that. I just didn't really enjoy it. If I did have the money to spare, sure, I might buy it. But currently, I'm not going to spend the minimal funds I have on that game. Try the demo. You'll be able to make your own decision.

EDIT: And I guess I should note my internet is fine. It has to be. My landlord/roommate is like a pilot and he requires top-notch internet-access, so I've got no problem there. Asshole still won't share his Netflix password but oh well...
Old 11-01-21, 08:21 PM

^ that’s sweet! (In re to Decker post)
Old 11-10-21, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 112 Likes on 55 Posts

Been playing this on the Series X the last several nights and am really enjoying it. Theyíve done a great job with the story/character and obviously paid a lot of attention to little details that add a layer of fun to it. The combat is so-so. When there are multiple enemies, it can feel more like Iím spamming attacks randomly rather than directing teammates to do specific things. Thatís a minor gripe though.

The only thing that Iíd truly complain about is that thereís a kind of shimmer effect that seems to pop up here and there. I donít know how to describe it better than it looks a bit like the heat distortion youíll see in the air on a hot day. It seems random on when it appears and is pretty distracting when it does. Itís not quite enough to give me a headache, but feels like itís close to it. Iím not sure if itís a bug or a design choice, but I dislike it either way.
Old 11-20-21, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 112 Likes on 55 Posts

Just finished this up and it may be my personal game of the year. I wasnít familiar with GotG prior to the MCU movies, but I think I enjoyed the versions of them in this game more than their movie counterparts, and thatís from someone who really likes the movies.

Itís not a perfect game. I hit several bugs that required reloading a checkpoint and controlling the team could use a bit of polish, but clearly a lot of love went into it and the writing and story are top notch. I donít remember the last time a game made me laugh multiple times on the strength of its writing, but this one did. Draxís sheer joy during one particular mission cracked me up for several minutes straight. For anyone on the fence, Iíd say itís a steal at the sale prices going on over the next week.
The following users liked this post:
uteotw (11-22-21)
Old 11-22-21, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by maxfisher View Post
. For anyone on the fence, Iíd say itís a steal at the sale prices going on over the next week.
Totally agree. Having tons of fun so far and highly recommend it (esp. for the sale price).