Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

DEAD SPACE: Remake

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-23, 06:16 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
Re: DEAD SPACE: Remake

Originally Posted by slop101
I hope they re-do DS2 soon - I liked that one even better than the first.
I loved the last battle. That was truly epic. Always remembered and can’t believe I actually beat it.
Old 01-27-23, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

This game's great. An hour and a half in and it's clicking. The dismemberment gore is really something else - your first shot takes off the skin, exposing muscle; second one takes off muscle, exposing bone; third one severs it. It's impressive
Old 01-27-23, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 552 Likes on 403 Posts

Super excited for this but I'm obsessed with Fire Emblem Engage at the moment so Dead Space will have to wait a couple weeks until I finish it.
Old 01-27-23, 10:04 PM

Fuck Spider-Man, this gets played tomorrow. Maybe a little SM, but don’t expect much. Been too long since RE: Village.
Old 01-28-23, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 396 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by lopper
This game's great. An hour and a half in and it's clicking. The dismemberment gore is really something else - your first shot takes off the skin, exposing muscle; second one takes off muscle, exposing bone; third one severs it. It's impressive
I can’t really see much since I’m concentrating on killing lol.
Old 01-28-23, 10:48 AM

it's like playing for the first time, it's been so long. looks and plays incredible. i have no idea where they are going to come from, but i'm very scared.
Old 01-28-23, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

I haven't played the original in years but I find it awkward that Isaac is the only one of his crew to wear a helmet when they exit their ship to board the Ishimura. Trivial, I know, but it bugs me.
Old 01-28-23, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 189 Likes on 127 Posts

If you're an xbox series X/S owner, they added a cool dynamic dead space wallpaper you can set.
The following users liked this post:
Giantrobo (02-01-23)
Old 01-30-23, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
it's like playing for the first time, it's been so long. looks and plays incredible. i have no idea where they are going to come from, but i'm very scared.
Yup, this is fantastic. The graphics look incredible, and the sound is so much richer than I remember. I actually don't mind having paid full price for such an excellent remake of one of my favorite games (DS2 even more so).
steebo777 (01-30-23)
Old 01-30-23, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They made it perfect. Nothing is overdone and they kept all of the core elements the same.

So happy you don't have hold down LB to run anymore.

The opening of this game still turns me into a pansy when you have to run to the elevator. lol. I forgot how the necro morphs sneak up on you sometimes as well, no music, no noise, you just turn around and there they are.

I honestly never took my time to read through the log files way back when this came out - never knew Isaac's parents were taken by the cult.

Definitely going to take my time with this remake and enjoy it.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rival11:
K&AJones (01-31-23), uteotw (01-30-23)
Old 01-31-23, 05:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I wonder if this release will create a resurgence in interest for Even Horizon.

K&AJones (01-31-23)
Old 02-01-23, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

Well deserved...and probably not a surprise to anyone....

Dead Space PS5 Is 'Best-in-Class' According to Digital Foundry Analysis ..... Dead Space PS5 Is 'Best-in-Class' According to Digital Foundry Analysis | Push Square
uteotw (02-01-23)
Old 02-01-23, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

Too bad nobody buys physical PC media anymore so that I can buy it off of one you when you all finish it
Old 02-02-23, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
Too bad nobody buys physical PC media anymore so that I can buy it off of one you when you all finish it
What's annoying is if you buy a physical release of a PC game, if there's a disc it doesn't have the actual game on it. Instead there's usually a card with a download code.
Old 02-21-23, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So I found out EA Pro has this so I got a year of it. I do t k ow if I'm okaying the tutorial or chapter one but after you crash your ship and are walking with the crew the chief wants me to try the security console and I can't find or activate the thing. I did find the coffee maker.
Old 02-21-23, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's funny how they added little things to every level so you're not bored with the walk back to the tram. I don't recall the regenerating necromorph being in the first game either or am I wrong??

Story difficulty is pathetically easy so I had to bump things up a notch - I need some threat of death - never knew that without the game loses its scare factor some.

Really taking my time with this one but I'm already on chapter 6.
Old 02-21-23, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 234 Likes on 169 Posts

I wish I had a PS5 so I can play this.
steebo777 (02-22-23)
Old 02-21-23, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I give up on this game, my system sputters on it and now I can't even get it to start (and when I did get it to start earlier it stuttered a lot). I don't even have a sucky PC. AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor 3.80 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT with 16GB dedicated VRAM. I have slow internet but that shouldn't have anything to do with a downloaded game. And I was really liking it.
Old 02-21-23, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Rival11
It's funny how they added little things to every level so you're not bored with the walk back to the tram. I don't recall the regenerating necromorph being in the first game either or am I wrong??

Story difficulty is pathetically easy so I had to bump things up a notch - I need some threat of death - never knew that without the game loses its scare factor some.

Really taking my time with this one but I'm already on chapter 6.
I'm on chapter 6 too, and during chapter 5 I bumped it down from normal to easy. I gotta disagree with the settings, or at least what they call them--"easy" is not easy, for me anyway. The new graphics are really incredible, and it really feels like a fresh game, not just a polished old game. One thing I don't like is the occasional lack of checkpoints, mainly during extended missions with numerous steps. I was on one last night and got chopped up by a giant wheel I got too close to and it put me back at the very beginning, so I just turned it off. Guess I'll be way more careful next time. Other than that, I'm loving it. I've kept all weapons, so when one gets low on ammo I just swap in another.
Old 02-21-23, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

When they say use ssd not hdd they mean it. Switched to ssd and now it runs fine. Restarted it and figured out the menu will take you right to the objective. Got to the elevator. Loving this game.
Old 02-22-23, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

It's weird, I absolutely LOVED the original, but this one didn't hold my interest very long before I dropped it.
It's a well made game and and all so I'm not knocking it, the magic just isn't there for me like when I played the original.
Old 02-22-23, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Maxflier
It's weird, I absolutely LOVED the original, but this one didn't hold my interest very long before I dropped it.
It's a well made game and and all so I'm not knocking it, the magic just isn't there for me like when I played the original.
that's a valid point. a lot of remakes/remasters just don't hold the same magic as when first released. probably because you know what to expect. there's nothing new. however, i find that the remake they did with this is absolutely phenomenal. i played so long ago that i mostly forgot everything until i get that part that jogs the memory and makes me say yeah, inserting the batteries into the sockets. i remember, but forgot all about until i got to it in new game.

as i said feels like a brand new game, not just a paint job. it changes just enough to make it fresh and feel like new again. just my opinion.
Old 02-22-23, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Maxflier
I see where you're coming from as I'm somewhat the same but for me, it's the nostalgia and appreciation for them going back to a game I love and rehauling it.
Old 02-22-23, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

I had forgot just enough of the game that revisiting the remake was a lot of fun. I remembered a lot of parts as they happened, as opposed to knowing what was coming, if that makes sense.

For those struggling with the difficulty, be sure you’re experimenting with the weapons’ secondary modes. The upgraded laser trap on the line gun is so powerful that it completely changed my strategy. I don’t remember it being nearly as useful in the original.
Old 02-22-23, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

As much as I'm liking this game. I don't want to see them re-do the others. Part 2 is perfect as is. I definitely see why Capcom did it with all of the Resident Evil titles as those were very outdated, but I would rather see some new game/continuation then more remasters with Dead Space (even though the original DEVS are no longer around).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.