Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

All-Elite Wrestling (AEW) Video Game by Yukes Coming Soon

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-23, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,505 Posts
Re: All-Elite Wrestling (AEW) Video Game by Yukes Coming Soon

Now I'm kind of wondering what the Steam Deck performance is like.

The graphics probably wouldn't bother me. I bought the Xbox version and have only played on my Xbox One so far anyway. But thanks for the impressions of the Switch version. Now how much wear and tear do you put your joycons through?
Old 07-12-23, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 987 Likes on 696 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
Now I'm kind of wondering what the Steam Deck performance is like.

The graphics probably wouldn't bother me. I bought the Xbox version and have only played on my Xbox One so far anyway. But thanks for the impressions of the Switch version. Now how much wear and tear do you put your joycons through?
I've been playing more docked with my 8bitdo sn30 pro, which is a lot sturdier than the joycons. But here's the thing, you'll maybe kick out of a pin once a match. I'll do the button mashing thing the first time I get pinned, but in the unlikely event of a kick out, I know there's practically 0% chance I'll kick out again. So I don't even bother.
​​​​​​
Old 07-13-23, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 109 Likes on 68 Posts

Have a full day with it now that I’m back from Japan. Agree on the momentum balancing. Also there needs to be some sort of effect for body part focusing. I remember in the old games wrestlers would hold their arms/legs/ heads if you target a part enough. That needs to be brought back.

The career mode is fine but god damn are there a lot of tag team matches and I hate depending on CPU. Some of the unlocks are ridiculous, like a Paul Wights.

Overall I’m impressed with it and I really hope they do continue to support it and provide updates.
Old 08-25-23, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't know if anyone is still playing this, but the online Stadium Stampede mode went live yesterday. It's basically a Fortnight clone with wrestlers running around a football stadium. I've never played Fortnight, so I don't really understand any of the gameplay mechanics with regards to powerups and items and whatever. It just feels like a lot of noise to me. The controls also feel super loose and janky with suspect hit detection and awkward camera controls. I've haven't played many of the minigames in the base game, but Stadium Stampede feels a lot like those. The environment itself is awesome with and I wish there was a way to stage a more traditional offline match in the stadium. It's not not fun. I've played a few rounds today and mostly enjoyed myself, but it's definitely not the killer app that's going to revitalize the already dying online community around this game. Ultimately I think Fight Forever tried too hard to be too many different things and all of it feels a little undercooked. It's a shame, because the bones of the game are solid. If the developers hadn't spread themselves thin with all of the ancillary stuff, the game might have been great.

That said, the Stadium Stampede update did bring with it a long list of bug fixes. Most notably from my perspective, the Switch version plays much smoother now. It still drops frames occasionally, but nowhere near as often as it did before. There was also a smattering of new outfits added to a handful of wrestlers. (Jericho got his JAS pants just in time for the JAS to disband!) That aspect of the game is still super lacking though. For example, you still can't do something as simple as equip wrestlers with their own t-shirts, despite the fact that dozens of them are available in the CAW. So my homemade Jobber McGee can wear a Hangman t-shirt to the ring, but Adam Page cannot. Hopefully they keep the updates coming. And they still owe us a bunch of DLC that still has no prospective release date. Hopefully we can get Hook before he bolts for WWE.
Old 08-25-23, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh, I was going to ask that, how do you get the wrestlers to change their gear? So you can't pick and choose from the CAW options?

I've been logging in almost every day just to get the bonuses but mostly playing 1v1.
Old 08-25-23, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig
Oh, I was going to ask that, how do you get the wrestlers to change their gear? So you can't pick and choose from the CAW options?

I've been logging in almost every day just to get the bonuses but mostly playing 1v1.
You have to go to the customize menu and either swap their current gear with one of the alternate options (If they have one. Most do not.) or create a new preset using the alternate gear. You can also give your wrestler a t shirt, but you are limited to generic AEW shirts and the city themed shirts you collect in Road to Elite. None of the stuff in the CAW can be used for pre-existing wrestlers. Then when you choose a wrestler for a match, you select "options" and you can navigate through the different presets. It's all kind of clunky and unfortunately the presets only allow you to change the wrestler's appearance. All other wrestler customization, such as entrances and move sets are global. In other words, you can have alternate attires for Extreme Matt Hardy and Broken Matt, but you can't have one come out to the Hardy Boyz music/tron and the other come out to the Broken Matt music/tron.
Old 03-15-24, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Hmmm... it's 20 bucks for all platforms again, I know rocket chimed in before but is it worth that price for the switch (I have the Xbox version but didn't get any of the newer DLC)?
Old 03-15-24, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 252 Likes on 187 Posts

I thought so and I’m very critical of wrestling games. I’m also a huge THQ wrestling games mark so that helped. Bought this on the switch about 3 weeks ago and have already played through the campaign mode once. Just got an xbox one x so will be a bit before i go back to this but i definitely plan to.
Old 03-16-24, 10:58 AM

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Found this at a walmart last week, that had tons of crap on clearance, ps5 version 10 bucks. Its awful, not even worth the 10. The best part is when playing my kids crack up from how awful the wrestlers look.