Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

All-Elite Wrestling (AEW) Video Game by Yukes Coming Soon

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-23, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,505 Posts
Re: All-Elite Wrestling (AEW) Video Game by Yukes Coming Soon

Originally Posted by Mike86
Not very impressed by the graphics I’m seeing from this game so far. I want to play it but it looks like PS3 or Xbox 360 graphics at best. I’ve seen the excuse that it’s an arcade game and not a simulator thrown around but that shouldn’t mean the graphics look outdated.

Probably getting it unless the reviews are bad but it definitely seems like it could use some work, which is saying something considering how long it took to develop.
Did it take that long to develop? Seems like it was kind of a normalish modern dev cycle to me, when they announced it they basically didn't even have anything to show yet.
Old 06-05-23, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 987 Likes on 696 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
Did it take that long to develop? Seems like it was kind of a normalish modern dev cycle to me, when they announced it they basically didn't even have anything to show yet.
And keep in mind that it might have been out 6 months ago if they hadn't run into issues with the ESRB rating and the GCW settlement. Plus I think they delayed it even further so as to not bump up against the 2k23 release. The game has essentially been done for a while now.
Old 06-05-23, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by rocket1312
And keep in mind that it might have been out 6 months ago if they hadn't run into issues with the ESRB rating and the GCW settlement. Plus I think they delayed it even further so as to not bump up against the 2k23 release. The game has essentially been done for a while now.
Well, and Punk. Has it been done for a while now? The initial posts were about how it seemed like a rushed release.
Old 06-05-23, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I wish I knew how the switch port was before the preorder is over. Having less intensive graphics is probably a good thing for the switch port but we've been burned so many times in the past already.

On a side note, Costco has their "buy 100 bucks of digital currency for 80 bucks" deal going on right now which kind of fits right into the price of the elite version.
Old 06-05-23, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, and Punk. Has it been done for a while now? The initial posts were about how it seemed like a rushed release.
I guess I don't know that for sure, but they were clearly marketing it for a fall release last year until pulling the plug on promotion multiple times. We know that getting a teen rating was a problem and we know that GCW filled a claim on the fight forever name that had to be settled. Maybe that was just a smokescreen to hide that the game wasn't finished yet.

But then about 3 months ago Tony mentioned in an interview that the game was done. THQ kind of debunked that, but it sounded like they were saying it wasn't done in the sense that they didn't have artwork nailed down or they didn't have digital assets ready to be uploaded or whatever. The implication seemed to be that it wasn't done in the sense that they couldn't have released it that day, but done in so much that the game itself was finished.
Old 06-05-23, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

There's been a lot of info flying around the past day or two and as best as I can gather, this is the confirmed roster so far. I've personally laid eyes on most of these men/women via screenshots or video, but there are a couple that I think have only been mentioned in interviews/news stories. I'll spoiler the list and my comments in case anyone wants to be surprised by any of this.

Spoiler:

Men:
Adam Cole
Adam Page
Andrade
Brian Cage (this is the only one I'm still not 100% convinced of based on the evidence, but everyone seems to think he's in)
Brodie Lee
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho
Christian Cage
Chuck Taylor
CM Punk
Cody Rhodes
Darby Allin
Dustin Rhodes
Eddie Kingston
Jeff Hardy
John Silver
Jon Moxley
Jungle Boy
Kenny Omega
Lance Archer
Luchasaurus
Malakai Black
Matt Jackson
Miro
MJF
Nick Jackson
Orange Cassidy
Owen Hart
Pac
Paul Wight
Penta
Powerhouse Hobbs
Rey Fenix
Ricky Starks
Sammy Guevara
Scorpio Sky
Sting
Trent Beretta
Wardlow

Women:
Abadon
Britt Baker
Hikaru Shida
Jade Cargill
Kris Statlander
Nyla Rose
Riho
Ruby Soho
Tay Melo
Thunder Rosa
Yuka Sakazaki

DLC:
Matt Hardy
Cash Wheeler
Dax Harwood
Bunny
Keith Lee
Danhausen
Hook

Since my previous post about the roster, multiple new wrestlers have been confirmed. I have to assume we've got a 99% complete list at this point. The new additions are bolded.
Old 06-05-23, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Wasn’t it announced basically at the start of AEW? I seem to recall it being one of the first side projects they announced. A lot of people were dubbing it Take Forever rather than Fight Forever.
Old 06-05-23, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wasn’t it announced basically at the start of AEW? I seem to recall it being one of the first side projects they announced. A lot of people were dubbing it Take Forever rather than Fight Forever.
Various AEW personalities talked about wanting to do a game almost from the beginning, but it wasn't officially announced until November 2020 with the first gameplay being shown in the summer of 2021. So it will have been about 2.5 years since announcement with the initial timetable likely being 2 years.
Old 06-05-23, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I wish I knew how the switch port was before the preorder is over. Having less intensive graphics is probably a good thing for the switch port but we've been burned so many times in the past already.

On a side note, Costco has their "buy 100 bucks of digital currency for 80 bucks" deal going on right now which kind of fits right into the price of the elite version.
I wish I knew how the Switch version will be too. That’s probably what I would get it for but I’d like to know if the Switch will be able to properly handle it.

Whichever WWE game that received a Switch port (I think 2K18) was a disaster. I know this is a different developer and style of game though.
Old 06-05-23, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Since my previous post about the roster, multiple new wrestlers have been confirmed. I have to assume we've got a 99% complete list at this point. The new additions are bolded.
Man Evil Uno's gotta go around shilling this game and he couldn't even make the roster?
Old 06-05-23, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Man Evil Uno's gotta go around shilling this game and he couldn't even make the roster?
I'm pretty sure it was known a long time ago that he wouldn't be on the initial roster. It stinks, but I have to assume that if the game gets additional seasons of dlc that he'd be included. How could they not throw him that bone? I'd be pretty bummed if we never got Uno and Grayson, although I guess they're feuding now in ROH? I have no idea because as I've expressed many times before, the continued existence of ROH is dumb.
Old 06-05-23, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm pretty sure it was known a long time ago that he wouldn't be on the initial roster. It stinks, but I have to assume that if the game gets additional seasons of dlc that he'd be included. How could they not throw him that bone? I'd be pretty bummed if we never got Uno and Grayson, although I guess they're feuding now in ROH? I have no idea because as I've expressed many times before, the continued existence of ROH is dumb.
Yeah, I guess you can only watch ROH by subscribing or something? The only way I know they were feuding is because they uploaded a clip on youtube where Grayson is like trying to join a different cult or something.

Back on topic, there's no ROH in this at all, right? So I wonder if the ROH talent could be DLC down the line even. I guess we'll see if Cage is really in this or not.
Old 06-05-23, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, I guess you can only watch ROH by subscribing or something? The only way I know they were feuding is because they uploaded a clip on youtube where Grayson is like trying to join a different cult or something.

Back on topic, there's no ROH in this at all, right? So I wonder if the ROH talent could be DLC down the line even. I guess we'll see if Cage is really in this or not.
I don't believe there's any hint of ROH in the game. No titles, no arenas, and no talent who are known to be "ROH talent", except possibly Brian Cage. But he's one of the few ROH guys who was around before the ROH acquisition and has floated pretty regularly between the two since getting dragged out of whatever hidey hole he was in last year. Most of the other ROH talent came aboard after the supposed "All Out 2021" cutoff.
Old 06-05-23, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I’m wondering if the game was too into development after ROH was purchased for it to be included in the game. Maybe there will be a DLC pack for a ROH themed arena and the titles.
Old 06-05-23, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I’m wondering if the game was too into development after ROH was purchased for it to be included in the game. Maybe there will be a DLC pack for a ROH themed arena and the titles.
The real coup would be getting the license for some New Japan guys and a Forbidden Door mode or something.
Old 06-07-23, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 109 Likes on 68 Posts

Well I'm excited enough I decided to pre-order (something I haven't done in 15 years) digitally (something I've never done with a new game) and bought the elite edition (something I also have never done). In other words, I really hope this doesn't suck haha.
Old 06-07-23, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by beavis69
Well I'm excited enough I decided to pre-order (something I haven't done in 15 years) digitally (something I've never done with a new game) and bought the elite edition (something I also have never done). In other words, I really hope this doesn't suck haha.
I'm in the same boat, only I don't think I've EVER pre-ordered a game in my life. In fact I feel like any time I've gotten super hyped over an upcoming game, it's only led to disappointment. Hopefully not the case here.
Old 06-07-23, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Evil Uno and the Best Friends (all AEW wrestlers) were demoing this on Twitch and one of them said they were playing it on the Steam deck. While unofficial, that's good news for the PC version if they feel comfortable demoing it on the deck of all things.
Old 06-07-23, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts

I hope this is good, for AEW in general (it's one of the bigger things to grow out of this city) but also because we need some good wrestling games again.

...plus the Khans have a ridiculous stadium refurb to finance.
Old 06-08-23, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Two more names to add to the confirmed roster:

Spoiler:
Anna Jay
Aubrey Edwards

I'm not sure I needed a playable Aubrey, but it makes me wonder if this is why they seem to be building towards Aubrey's first AEW match as part of her running feud with Jarrett, Lethal and friends.
Old 06-08-23, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Wait is there more than one ref in the game (I'd hope so but I don't remember seeing any other ones)?
Old 06-08-23, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Rick Knox is the other ref.
Old 06-09-23, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Ok I finally gave in. Preordered on Xbox because that one has both last gen and current gen versions. I would preorder the switch if I knew for sure it ran fine, but there's no guarantee.
Old 06-09-23, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 219 Likes on 166 Posts

So, Cody is in this game and WWE 2K23? That has to be a first.
Old 06-09-23, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos
So, Cody is in this game and WWE 2K23? That has to be a first.
Bret Hart and Chris Jericho were simultaneously in WCW and WWF games in 1998 and 1999 respectively. I think Raven, Lance Storm and Taz might have been in an ECW game at the same time they were in a WWF or WCW game as well. But that was a long time ago.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.