Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Why is WWE 2K16 not on the PSN store?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-20, 10:47 AM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Why is WWE 2K16 not on the PSN store?

Anyone happen to know why WWE 2K16 even the DLC stuff such as Arnold Schwarzenneger Terminator is not on the PSN store or in the WWE 2K16 shop anymore?

Old 08-12-20, 11:01 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,183 Likes on 835 Posts
Re: Why is WWE 2K16 not on the PSN store?

Likely because of licensing / ad deals expiring. But if you already own it, you should be able to re-download.
Old 08-12-20, 11:20 AM
Banned

I dont need to "redownload" the game since I already have the physical game disc i bought couple of years ago..

Its the DLC thats not on the PSN store along with the game. Yeah Im late to the party with old DLC for the previous wrestling games but i wouldnt have minded to have the Arnold Terminators DLC.

Bummer that they got taken off of the PSN store and for the game's shop to get to the DLC.

Sony should have left it alone so people could have had more time to buy the Arnold DLC
Old 08-12-20, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

Originally Posted by urrutiap
I dont need to "redownload" the game since I already have the physical game disc i bought couple of years ago..

Its the DLC thats not on the PSN store along with the game. Yeah Im late to the party with old DLC for the previous wrestling games but i wouldnt have minded to have the Arnold Terminators DLC.

Bummer that they got taken off of the PSN store and for the game's shop to get to the DLC.

Sony should have left it alone so people could have had more time to buy the Arnold DLC
It's not Sony's call any more than it's Sony's fault that you can't buy Beatles Rock Band DLC any more. Licensing deals expire, then the company that makes the game no longer is allowed to sell that DLC. Fortunately, anything purchased previously is still "owned" by the user and able to be re-downloaded.
Old 08-12-20, 11:37 AM
Banned

well i was also playing WWE 13 and 14 earlier and i was just curious about WWE 13's DLC and its DLC in the game's shop is still on.

So why is that still on the game's disc while WWE 16's Arnold DLC is taken off?

Dont give me that licensing deal nonsense or whatever
Old 08-12-20, 12:28 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,183 Likes on 835 Posts

"Don't give me the answer that actually makes sense; make something up instead!"

Licensing deals are wacky. Just the way it is. Some are made for longer periods while others are far shorter. These days, they make those as short as possible ("within reason"). More and more, the corporations fight each other for the "best" deal for themselves, not for anyone else. They don't want a licensing deal with no expiration because it can create loopholes.
Old 08-12-20, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

I just looked and it's not like they keep the NBA or Madden games around forever either. And there's another reason besides licensing: for a game like WWE, someone might actually want to buy the older, cheaper game rather than the broken, new one. Can't have that.
Old 08-12-20, 02:51 PM
Banned

well i browsed the PSN online store and they still have WWE 12.

I even went into the online shop of the game disc and game of WWE 13 and its DLC is still alive and kicking and that has Mike Tyson.

So why is that still up and not WWE 16's Arnold?
Old 08-12-20, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

At this point I can only assume a personal vendetta against you and/or Arnold by 2k.
The following 2 users liked this post by fujishig:
Red Hood (08-16-20), Rob V (08-13-20)
Old 08-16-20, 10:31 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by urrutiap
well i was also playing WWE 13 and 14 earlier and i was just curious about WWE 13's DLC and its DLC in the game's shop is still on.

So why is that still on the game's disc while WWE 16's Arnold DLC is taken off?

Dont give me that licensing deal nonsense or whatever
Licensing deal expired for that particular character. It's the same way that Punch Out is available through the Nintendo store but without Mike Tyson because the licensing deal expired. But I also hear that Arnold hates you and asked to be taken out of the video game once you purchased it.