Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Outriders (Square Enix / People Can Fly; 2/2/21)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Outriders (Square Enix / People Can Fly; 2/2/21)

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-21, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts
Re: Outriders (Square Enix / People Can Fly; 2/2/21)

I’ve barely been able to play since servers were down most of the afternoon, but what little I have played has been really fun.

I’m playing the time bubble class and it’s okay.
Old 04-02-21, 08:35 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 914 Likes on 774 Posts

Do you need connection to server to play single player too? I want to play tomorrow and don’t want any problems. I tried yesterday and got on after about 3 minutes of signing in or whatever.
Old 04-02-21, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

I didnt have any issues playing today. I'm on pc though.
Old 04-03-21, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by lopper
I’ve barely been able to play since servers were down most of the afternoon, but what little I have played has been really fun.

I’m playing the time bubble class and it’s okay.

yea...there's been some bad server issues for last two days. They had to turn of PC crossplay due to problems but there's still console crossplay. They have been really good keeping people updated via their Twitter Page... Outriders (@Outriders) / Twitter ....working on the server issues. So far that's been it; no Bugs and Glitches all over the place....just sign in and server and getting a Blue Screen that has been at Cut Scenes...

two of us have reached what is the First Major Boss....I'll say it's like those World bosses you fight that's in like Three Stages....we got to the final stage but died and had to call it. He's Trickstar and I'm Technomancer...hit Tier 6 and it shows....I had to re-do my few skill point for more Health and Armor and still getting hammered...we're Level 11.....But I did see a lot playing; more than in the Demo. I haven't tried Random but figure I will since I want to play all four classes.
Old 04-03-21, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I picked this up today on PS5. Going to get a character going soon.
Old 04-03-21, 09:10 PM

This really is so much fun. One review said Gears on speed or something like that. As I said I wasn’t crazy about, but played and def good game in Gears series, but this gives me that itch to play and missions can be short enough to play for a little, finish a mission and save. Good stuff so far. Except for initially getting on server to play solo, thus game is very enjoyable and complicated at all. Great pick up and play stuff imo. No regret cut ally buying this.
Old 04-04-21, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by OldBoy
This really is so much fun. One review said Gears on speed or something like that. As I said I wasn’t crazy about, but played and def good game in Gears series, but this gives me that itch to play and missions can be short enough to play for a little, finish a mission and save. Good stuff so far. Except for initially getting on server to play solo, thus game is very enjoyable and complicated at all. Great pick up and play stuff imo. No regret cut ally buying this.

I've seen almost double on my Friends List playing the game than the Demo.....so far just messaging and talking, everyone likes the action, the balance of Weapon and Ability damage, the Buffs you see and get with Weapons and Armor and some of the damage combos from players abilities......Three of us ran lst night...I'm a Pryomanacer, one was a Trickstar and other Technomancer. We started at beginning; leaving for First City at Level 8...we were chewing thru area...that first Wildlife boss went down in 30 seconds...we were raining down "Fire & Ice & Slow" at Tier 5......one had to call it since he got up at 4am to go to work....me and the other then took out two characters from beginning; his Pyromancer and I decided on Devestator.....no problem...same result just a few less enemies but "Fire & Brimstone" combos just wrecked it.....

Me and the other one earlier took out our Second Classes....my Technomancer and his Trickstar...and faced the first real Boss...we beat it but I went down too much but that was a battle and worth it...you get a Purple Weapon as reward....I also go some glitch I need to see why but on the ability where you get a'Rocket Launcher or Mini-Gun, the icon became small, kept saying in-use and I couldn't swap weapons...that's happened twice now. I couldn't even go in and try to change Skills...

We played solid for 2 hours and had no issues except when we first tried to connect and get in.....it was funny but when a Boss appears the screen goes black...when that happened we all hit the panic button thinking we were about to get Blue Screened....if someone is on and needs a hand and I'm not in a groupo, hollar...I've got all four going...my Trickster is like a Floater right now...I stll need to go back and do the Go To First City Mission...
Old 04-04-21, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This game is great. Reminds me of Remnant: From the Ashes, and that’s exactly what I was hoping for.

I really wish matchmaking worked, though.

And Remnant is free for PS+ now and I highly recommend it.

Last edited by lopper; 04-04-21 at 11:57 AM.
Old 04-04-21, 01:24 PM

is there anyway to truly pause the game? both small buttons don't do it. still shooting you when in menus...
Old 04-04-21, 02:58 PM

God damn this game really opens up at level 10. I almost feel invincible with these higher rated gear and guns of all varieties with high ratings. Like mid-300’s, but I’m doing damage. The skills are building, my powers. This is a fucking blast to play! I wouldn’t even mind playing again with different character. So much frat stuff happening now. Like the game just clicked. If you weren’t sure, hold out a few more minutes, than bam! And I’ve been on highest works tier I have unlocked at 5, almost 6. But dominating and loving every minute of it.
Old 04-04-21, 03:52 PM

certainly haven't gotten any purple drops on tier 5. a lot of greens. maybe one blue, it kinda looked white, but think it was blue. what are the top to bottom colors?
Old 04-05-21, 06:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Two of us took new characters out yesterday and reached Level 15....but I had issues getting Blue Screened three times, twice I got some serious stuttering issues walking like I was walking in quicksand and my character was shaking. That's the first time I've seen that in game or Demo.

We have the "Automatic Tier" on and at one point we got to Tier 7...but good grief it was getting really challenging in some places. Twice we had to drop back to Tier 6 and one area..."A Lumberjack Side Quest"...we had to drop it down to Tier 5. Other places we handled it but still a challenge. You really have to think and look at your skills in that area n check your gear for Health, Armor, Firepower or Anomaly Power. We dropped one skill in favor of the Special Rounds and for Bosses and Elites that made a difference....it's getting more interesting, better sights and surroundings, gear and weapons getting up there and the more you look around, compared to the Demo it really lloks good and shows they put effort in the layout of the areas.

Hopefully tonight three of us can continue our mains...with three we were handling everything at Tier 6 using our abilities with each other. las tnight with two of us we could tell the difference versus having three easy. You want Higher Tiers for chance at better gear but it really pushes you as the amount of enemies, damage they do and agressiveness does start to show as you move up. We're loving it though...been close to about right in terms of action...just getting those Blue Screens and Stuttering was not good but I was able to get back and spawn right next to my friend without any problem...

As to drops...been almost all Greens and Blues but the Blues have been good and quite a few. Outside one reward for doing something...get a choice of a Purple Gun...no other Purples. idid talk to someone and they have been playing around with the Upgrade and Crafting on certain weapons and they said it has paid off based on what they were building their character to...so that might be something to check as well.
Old 04-05-21, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts

Does this game ever open up? I thought it was more similar to open world like Borderlands. I'm level 11 I think and I'm still just going around these small instanced areas.

Should you ever drop your world rank or leave it on the highest available?
Old 04-06-21, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Noonan
Does this game ever open up? I thought it was more similar to open world like Borderlands. I'm level 11 I think and I'm still just going around these small instanced areas.

Should you ever drop your world rank or leave it on the highest available?

No...it's not like a "Open Sandbox World" of Borderlands or even Assasin Creed games....since People can Fly made both Bulletstorm and Gears of War: Judgement...so you can see the simialarities...

The Tier Levels are aweful close to the Torrent level System in Diablo III....higher the Tier, the more difficult and stronger the enemies but higher odds at better Loot....and so far we can see and tell the differnce say from Tier 5 to Tier 7. In some cases we had to drop down one Tier, others left it....you can set it to Auto or manual..in Auto it sort of looks at you stats and progression to determains when the next Tier pops up.

On a side note....after getting a bit frustrated going down and struggling (Two of us) where we are...i decided to do a bit research for tips....I found somealready at Level 40 and above at Tier 10-12.....people must not have a life....and what they all were saying early to mid levels, it's all about Survivability and Firepower. There's simply not enough and strong enough Buffs damage and cooldown wise for you Skill Powers versus Firepower. Getting 8 to 15% Extra Firepower on say a weapon with 650 Power does more damage than getting 6-10% on Anomaly Power when that deals 80 to 240 Damage. So they said basically look for Gear around Firepower, Armor, Health and Resistance until you get mid-game and getting Purple and Better Gear, which youcan upgrad or pop in a mod or two for something that really stands out.

We did this last night before we started and it made a difference. if you look at the Skill Trees at Level 15 you can add points to areas that really give your Weapon a boost so it makes sense...
The following users liked this post:
Noonan (04-06-21)
Old 04-06-21, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks. Not what I expected (I didn't play the demo or read much about it) but I'm still enjoying it. Up to level 13 or 14 now. The fight at the volcano certainly upped the scale of fights. I picked the technomancer role.

There are a few parts I've had to do 5-6 times to get through it but I'm going to try to never lower the world rank. Nice thing is you keep your XP gain even after you die. That helps.
Old 04-06-21, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm currently level 17-18 maybe, and was stuck on world tier 6 for the longest time. But I found a build for the Trickster that works really well for me, and these encounters that I'd been beating my head against are much easier. I'm sticking with Slow Trap, Hunt the Prey, and Borrowed Time, with mods that buff ability duration and shield boost/regeneration. I can trigger Borrowed Time behind cover, then use Hunt the Prey to close distance to the farthest enemy group, and just go to town from there until Borrowed Time is about to run out, then I trip it and teleport back to cover to wait for everything to recharge. Those abilities coupled with an auto shotgun and submachine gun are really powerful.
The following users liked this post:
K&AJones (04-06-21)
Old 04-06-21, 06:41 PM

I’m loving this game. So fun, I like want to play it even when I’m dead tired. I don’t, but really want to. Just fun. And the building of character and duck and cover and anomaly abilities is so cool with Trickster, I believe I’m using. Slo-mo bubble, spins and stuff, a thing that turns them to skeletons. He’s ok, but not as strong as I’d like. I think level 10 or 11. And why can you use weapons, one level higher than you are. I was sure I was 10 and using 11 gear. No game does that, right?
Old 04-06-21, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well...finally some reviews have started to come in....

Gameinformer gave it a 9/10
and the review is pretty glowing ....... Outriders Review - Chaos That Surprises In The Best Way - Game Informer

Pushsquare gave it it 7/10...... Outriders Review (PS5) | Push Square

Old 04-06-21, 09:17 PM

You know Bulletstorm was low 80’s in reviews, I believe, and that really was a lot of fun. Pretty easy, very linear and certainly not even close to as deep as this, but this sounds and plays great for me and I’m loving it, so review proof, even though I do like when a game I like gets good reviews and recognized for some reason.

It really sounds and plays as an amalgam of so many games I like. Gears, Borderlands, Bulletstorm, Destiny 2, AC: Odyssey, more. How can I complain when I loved and played the hell out of them?

Last edited by OldBoy; 04-06-21 at 09:23 PM.
Old 04-08-21, 08:42 PM

So I just read an in progress review at IGN that you lose XP when you die. That blows!
Old 04-08-21, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,202 Likes on 4,229 Posts

It really sounds and plays as an amalgam of so many games I like. Gears, Borderlands, Bulletstorm, Destiny 2, AC: Odyssey, more. How can I complain when I loved and played the hell out of them?
Wut?
Old 04-09-21, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So I just read an in progress review at IGN that you lose XP when you die. That blows!
You lose World Tier Points XP when you die...not player XP......one of those I play with said he watched some video on someone explaing in depth just how the World Tiers work. I went to the Wiki to see the stats like enemy, gear, wearable goes up with each Tier....Like at Tier 5 enemy, gear and wearable is like +3...Tier 6 it's +4 and so on. One thing that's is not in the Wiki and apparently this person on the video found out which I'm trying to see if true or not...the XP actually gained by player DOES NOT GO UP with each Tier. basically all XP gained with Kills and so-on is all the same no matter what Tier. So unless you just need to get better and higher ranked gear to use and wear, most say the sweet spot is Tier 5 since you get stuff 3 levels above you actual level.
Old 04-09-21, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Not character XP. I've been killed and leveled up when I respawned.
Old 04-09-21, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Yeah, I died a lot on the first side mission "boss" and I actually leveled up on a respawn and it helped me beat him the next time. I think it's cool that the world tier drops if you die a lot in a certain area. It kind of helps lower the difficulty automatically and saving frustration of having to replay over and over wondering if you are ever going to clear it. Sure the drops might not be as good if you go down a tier but I also don't want to keep repeating battles.
Old 04-10-21, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Pretty good article over at Gameinformer on Outriders Server issues and People Can Fly explaing the details. I for one have been impressed with them keeping everyone updated posting on their Twitter and main page with what they were doing and working. Last week they said they would release details as to the cause and what they did and are planing on...well, here it is. And it doesn't sound like the typical whitewash, hide some, blame others hush-hush and we'll get back to you later response....here's just a little but hats off to them...

Outriders Server Issues, What Went Wrong? People Can Fly Explains - Game Informer

"In the studio's most recent Reddit post, the team worked all through Easter weekend and "around the clock" to get the servers stable for players eager to jump into Enoch. Furthering their promise to be completely transparent with players, the post details the more technical deviations that caused such a chaotic launch. Instead of giving the standard "the server demand was too much for us" explanation, People Can Fly took it one step further.

"We managed to understand that many server calls were not being managed by RAM but were using an alternative data management method ("swap disk"), which is too slow for the flow of this amount of data," explains PCF. "Once this data queued back too far, the service failed. Understanding why it was not using RAM was our key challenge and we worked with staff across multiple partners to troubleshoot this."

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.