Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Outriders (Square Enix / People Can Fly; 2/2/21)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-20, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Hello All

Square Enix and people can Fly are developing...Outriders...a sci-fi. third person drop-in-drop-out 1-3 co-op base shooter that has Destiny, parts of Gears of War (cover system and enemies exploding) and a touch of Warframe powers and weapons and maybe a touch of Mass Effect..... Coming (or at least for now) Holiday 2020 on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X....

Game Articles on reveal, loot, classes, mechanics, world....
https://www.polygon.com/2020/5/28/21...rickster-video
https://www.gameinformer.com/product/outriders

Official Site - https://outriders.square-enix-games.com/en-us/

Official Game Reveal Trailer.....

Today they started a monthly Live Broadcast highlighting and talking about the details of the game. Today they did a spotlight on the Trickster Class...currently here are three classes with one unannounced so far.....

Someone was able to go to the studio and play Part 1 so this is hands on...might need to adjust video settings...of the beginning....

Last edited by K&AJones; 05-30-20 at 09:30 AM.
Old 05-28-20, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 909 Likes on 671 Posts
re: Outriders (Square Enix / People Can Fly; 2/2/21)

Here's another impression video I watched a couple weeks back. Looks good so far.

Old 07-02-20, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

re: Outriders (Square Enix / People Can Fly; 2/2/21)

New Broadcast today highlighting Campaign and Mission Structure...something else that may be worthy of, Vehicles will play a roles and are customized........https://wccftech.com/outriders-hands...ation-gunplay/
One interesting feature that People Can Fly teased for Outriders is the forward-operating base that will serve as the hub of operations for players. Rather than moving from building to building as players work their way closer to the source of the Anomaly, the Outriders will move forth as a convoy of vehicles with the player taking ownership of one of these convoy trucks. They'll be fully customizable with achievements unlocking visible trophies to adorn your truck with like a Texas cow skull.

This Broadcast Spotlight is on The Pyromancer Class.....

Old 10-08-20, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Re: Outriders (Square Enix / People Can Fly; 2/2/21)

Delayed until February 2nd. Also:

We are also very happy to share that Outriders will support a complete cross-play experience, letting you play the full game with your friends and other players, no matter what system they're on. Furthermore, we will be offering everyone a free game upgrade from PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5, and with Smart Delivery from Xbox One to Xbox Series X|S. This means that you can buy and play Outriders on your current platform with the confidence that it will be there for you when you decide to make the jump to the next generation of your respective console.
Old 10-08-20, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think a lot had anticipated this after it was leaked on Steam a February release. Slightly disappointed as I had this and AC Valhalla as my two games for the Holidays....But i can wait and who knows, might have a PS5 by then....
Old 11-05-20, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Latest Dev Update and Showcase.....Post0Campaign Content and Showcasing Weapon Upgrade System....

Old 02-19-21, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Next week...Febuary 25th...The Outriders demo will be available for everyone to try. They have made a point this is a Demo...not a Beta....here's a article on what to expect, be available in the Demo and progress will carry over to game.

Everything You Need To Know About Next Week's Outriders Demo .......Everything You Need To Know About Next Week's Outriders Demo - Game Informer
Old 02-26-21, 09:21 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 911 Likes on 771 Posts

Is this anything like a Fallout game? Or more action, and can be played single player?
Old 02-26-21, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

You could, like, download the demo and answer those questions yourself.
Old 02-27-21, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by OldBoy
Is this anything like a Fallout game? Or more action, and can be played single player?

It's probably a little bit of Gears of War (Cover and Shooter) + Borderlands (Character Abilities) + Destiny (Shooter/Looter?Abilities) all mixed in..... the Devs are "People Who Fly"...who did Bulletstorm and Gears of War Judgement. I've been playing the demo and it's not going to win Best Looking Visuals Awards but the action...and does have a Gears of War feel....is fun. You can see the possibilites in the amount of abilites you can get (able to load three different ones), a Skill Tree to tailor the type of character you want which you can respec. Gear Drops come in your usual four colors with Legendaries that each provide some different unique results especially weapons. All can be upgraded and modified with resources.....Two of us played the first part which is the entire first mission. There are a lot of Ability Combo's bewteen players that make it interesting.....
Old 02-27-21, 07:48 AM

^ that sounds cool. Thanks K&A.
Old 02-27-21, 04:54 PM

This was certainly a nice treat. Didn’t do much, but liked what I did do. It is very Gears-ish. Easy controls, a little tough shooting in beginning, but remembered Gears took a bit to get used to as well. Since, I mostly play FPS. And what a visual treat. Already preordered. Can’t wait.
Old 02-28-21, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This was certainly a nice treat. Didn’t do much, but liked what I did do. It is very Gears-ish. Easy controls, a little tough shooting in beginning, but remembered Gears took a bit to get used to as well. Since, I mostly play FPS. And what a visual treat. Already preordered. Can’t wait.
Cool...we went thru with two different characters and again some of the combos from both players ablities were pretty fun...and we saw the numbers to back it up which gave each more points. We also let World Tier up automatically and early on we had doubts since we really didn't have much except all "White Gear"...and what a difference from Tier 2-4. We struggled, enemies tougher and more agressive and we went down and able to heal each other.....BUT, we also noticed a bit more Greens and even some Blue Items. It was a challenge that felt right and rewards & risk was spot on.

The City Demo might leave some saying same stuff, generic shooter looter, nothing special...but it's everything Outside The City has us wondering along with the better gear, weapons including Legendaries, the crafting & upgrading which was off during the demo and just what all is out there when you look at the trailer at the end when you're given the sign to leave the city.....which any and all progress carries over to main game. A little rough in some places but we had no issues Fast Traveling, hooking up during the game and in fact we got another player in the middle that just came in and for one run we had three and that was fun...
Old 02-28-21, 04:07 PM

how long is the actually demo? i just want to know when it ends so I'm not shocked and saddened. but, only a month till release...
Old 02-28-21, 06:43 PM

what an absolute blast so far. not hard to figure out from what i've done so far. again, i don't know how long demo is, so not sure what part i'm at. just got exposed, i believe. and really is beautiful to look at. the cut scenes that are done in video game graphics are stunning in rich color...
Old 03-06-21, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

not bad for first week with nearly 2 Million...across all platforms DL the Demo.....Outriders demo will be getting a patch as it celebrates 2 million players in its first week - VideoGamer.com
Old 03-08-21, 07:07 PM

I’m looking forward to this and will start day 1, which I don’t usually do. Some games are a must day 1, but this is gonna be good I think...
Old 03-11-21, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Over at PC games they have a list up of all the Mods you can use from your Weapon to Class Mods...it's a pretty extensive list....just Weapon Mods total...77....the Techomancer has...35....yea, between The Skill Tree and Mods alone you'll be able to do some serious character building...... The best Outriders mods explained | PCGamesN
Old 03-11-21, 07:32 PM

I really hope this comes out better than expected and isn’t another Anthem or lesser degree Destiny.
Old 03-12-21, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I really hope this comes out better than expected and isn’t another Anthem or lesser degree Destiny.
Don't think so....but sadly on the Console side, I've seen plenty complain about it not "looking like Destiny and more polished"....while PC side has been more happy and postive with the Game Play, and possibilites with the Mods, Crafting, Skill Tree and what lies ahead outside the City. Good Looking games don't = great and Fun Gameplay.... We played again last night and now have all four characters ready. There still needs a bit of fine tuning but there is no shortage of action.....we were having a blast doing more different combos of character abilities last night.
Old 03-12-21, 07:12 PM

Isn’t more polished good? And why should it be Destiny, wasn’t Destiny in large part a failure? And, you played with friends on PC or console?
Old 03-13-21, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Isn’t more polished good? And why should it be Destiny, wasn’t Destiny in large part a failure? And, you played with friends on PC or console?
"Polished' in gaming terms can mean little quirks, annoyances, cumbersome, etc...or in this case more polished in visual especially now with New gen released and PS4/XBox One out so long. No doubt Destiny still looks good but last few years some games have really pushed the past gen Visuals to some highs....The last of Us Part2, Ghost of Tsushima, Assassin Creed Origins, Odyssey and now Valhilla COD Games....several...and the visuals in Outriders seems to be more a step or two back. Which I think and see people saying that's why they're canceling their PO...which to me sounds a bit odd as I'd rather have a good play mechanic, action, extensive character building, options...which is one reason I like Warframe....and many do think that's the one area Outriders does shine and will offset the "Lack of eye-popping visuals"

As to Destiny being a failure...nope....I as many loved Destiny 1 and even Destiny 2...but me personally thinks Bungie is and has and will continue to milk Destiny 2 (and Players) as long as they can continue to rehash old content while for the life of me cannot understand...continue with the Same Three Guardians and not offer any new characters....the character building and customization in Outriders is Night & Day over what Destiny has...so Destiny might look better but Outriders has it on Character & Gear building ....
Old 03-13-21, 07:04 PM

This is totally Gears of War with the RPG and leveling systems of AC: Odyssey or Origins and Destiny 2 (never played 1). And, this is a total ball. Great controls. Surprisingly bloody kills and the Altered power thing is cool as shit. Loving the game so far. And load times are blinks of the eye.
Old 03-15-21, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Old 03-15-21, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,190 Likes on 4,217 Posts

Well, so much for me buying it on the PS5 now. I'll just do it on the XO.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.